test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume question

neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Posts: 203 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I'm thinking different costumes can be bought. If so how much are we talking ?

Is buying new costumes the only way to get a different costume ?

Can current costume color be changed ? Example: If I wanted to change the color of my mask from white to blue, is that possible ?

Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First and foremost if you want to change your current costume then you'll want to head to a tailor. The main ones are located in the Ren Cen under the semi-circle cover. There are also tailors in the Powerhouse (the costume shop is a tailor as soon as you enter the area). Easiest way to find them is to look for the blue mask logo on your mini-map. There you can alter current looks or create new ones if you have available costume slots. The cost of making changes depends on how extensive your change is, but in general the higher level your character is, the more the cost will be.

Now, as far as other costume parts, there are several ways you can gather more. The first is by defeating enemies and getting a drop for certain pieces. there's this wonderful list of all unlockable costume parts with images to see what you are interested in getting first. Second place to get pieces it through the Z Store. There are entire themed sets available for purchase. You can use real money to purchase Zen to buy the sets or convert questionite in game into Zen. Some sets overlap with some items that you can obtain in game so be sure if you really need that set or not.

Third is through the Auction House or trading with other players. There's all sorts of parts available for globals in the AH as well as people wanting to trade pieces for either globals, keys or even other pieces they want. This is nice if you aren't having the luck of getting some rarer costume drops or just don't have the time to farm enemies to get a drop. Depending on the rarity of the piece, the price may be high, so pay what you feel is reasonable to you for it. Keep in mind that whomever posted the item for sale DID do the work, so it balances out in most cases. Another way is through perks. You get perks for all sorts of things in the game and they reward anything from custom titles to patterns to pieces for costumes.

The best resource for all this info is found here. Simply search for a name or an area that you are working in to find all the info as far as enemies, perks, and costume drops.

Hope that helps!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yep, you pretty much covered it all. Thanks
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Can current costume color be changed ? Example: If I wanted to change the color of my mask from white to blue, is that possible ?

Thanks.

Have you been to the Tailor since finishing the Tutorial and hitting LVL 10 yet?
    Because if you haven't then you need to do this BEFORE you buy, because the vast majority of Costume options have been blocked up until then. Seriously, check it out! This is NOT Neverwinter where there are only a paltry few Costume options and those have to be bought with RL money.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh, and don't forget; you can use the Recognition that enemies drop to buy costume pieces in the Recognition shop (located behind Defender in the Ren Center)!
    Champions: @ace112233
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Thanks.

You might wish to check out the page on the CO Wiki about Costumes.

There is a Youtube video there that, while dated, as it was made before the creation of Arch-types, is still useful especially if you are VERY new to CO.

Also, check out Costumes and Concepts on this board. Many players create and post all kinds of costumes for players to just take and use, or, at the very least, to use the Costume Files so as to learn how to create more interesting costumes for themselves.

Right at the top you will find two useful threads -
    - The Costume Exchange
    - The General Guide to Costuming by Bluhman
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to Champions, my friend! Where you can be the hero you want to be! Where you can be the D&D champion you want to be! For free!

And costume changes scale so its manageable based on your character's level to match your in game money income.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, and don't forget; you can use the Recognition that enemies drop to buy costume pieces in the Recognition shop (located behind Defender in the Ren Center)!

I did not know that, thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Appreciate all the replies. I have yet to come across a game with character creation this good.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Appreciate all the replies. I have yet to come across a game with character creation this good.

That's part of the reason folks have stuck around so long, in spite of the various problems it's had recently - the sheer versatility in terms of powers and costuming is unmatched.