test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comments

• Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had started a primary REC character using Compassion a while ago as well. Its biggest downfall was since it was an offensive character it needed to take damage to build Compassion stacks through healing. In alerts or other group content I found Iniquity necessary, not for healing others (though it's obviously good for that) but for the self damage just so I could heal to build/maintain Compassion stacks. Use of the Sentinel spec tree mostly eliminated that need however...

As such, though it would mean a hit to your dps, I would recommend dropping Vindi or Guardian for Sentinel. While somewhat wasteful of spec points it would mean easy Compassion maintenance and it would synergize well with Venomous Breath w/ Paralytic Bile if you decide to use Sentinel Mastery. I would also drop Epidemic from the build if you decide to go this route. If you decide to stick with a more dps oriented build I would get to level 11 or so and recton out of Venomous Breath and stick with Epidemic as the AoE... assuming it's not breaking theme to only have one or the other.

The only other problem I forsee is how you will make use of the 15% crit chance bonus when above 90% energy. Supernatural Power only procs when you get low on energy. If you use Defile mainly as a tapped debuff Overdrive may fit your build better since your other damaging powers are maintains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    I had started a primary REC character using Compassion a while ago as well. Its biggest downfall was since it was an offensive character it needed to take damage to build Compassion stacks through healing. In alerts or other group content I found Iniquity necessary, not for healing others (though it's obviously good for that) but for the self damage just so I could heal to build/maintain Compassion stacks. Use of the Sentinel spec tree mostly eliminated that need however...

As such, though it would mean a hit to your dps, I would recommend dropping Vindi or Guardian for Sentinel. While somewhat wasteful of spec points it would mean easy Compassion maintenance and it would synergize well with Venomous Breath w/ Paralytic Bile if you decide to use Sentinel Mastery. I would also drop Epidemic from the build if you decide to go this route. If you decide to stick with a more dps oriented build I would get to level 11 or so and recton out of Venomous Breath and stick with Epidemic as the AoE... assuming it's not breaking theme to only have one or the other.

The only other problem I forsee is how you will make use of the 15% crit chance bonus when above 90% energy. Supernatural Power only procs when you get low on energy. If you use Defile mainly as a tapped debuff Overdrive may fit your build better since your other damaging powers are maintains.

^ Given me a lot to consider, I very much appreciate it! :smile:
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    HA!!

I too was messing around with Rec Primary and Compassion! Though I'm using it on Light Star, so that's a bit different than your case. or actually it may not be. I'm using Arcane Circel to keep my energy at above 90% with 400ish Rec. At rank 1 Arcane Circle , spamming Celestial Conduit (which is an expensive power to spam), with 400ish Rec put my crit chance at 59.7%, which is nice! Just though I throw that in there. In case it might benefit you in some sort of way...
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light