test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post You Archers

diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
I think archers must be one of the most difficult archetypes to makes, justifying why they have a bow in a modern setting is kind of tough. Anyway I finally finished my first one and its made me curious as to what other people have come up with.

I'll kick off with...

Richard of York

richardofyork.png

The old English warrior who gave battle in vain, though he was killed during the war of the roses his spirit lives on lends strength to whoever most embodies his virtues and wields the mystic Rainbow. (don't know how well known it is outside of the UK but: Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain is a mnemonic for the colours of the rainbow)

EDIT: Oh, as if I spelled 'your' wrong...
Post edited by diplomacyman on

Comments

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Arrow Angel.

7620784844_d8c344eb0b_b.jpg
    7620787326_d6d30f4658_b.jpg
    7620786726_7c6fdbd160_b.jpg

She started out as a parody concept: What if the Power Rangers (the Pink one, in this case) had been typical 90's superhores?
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Archers!

Cazadora Esmeralda:

CazadoraEsmeralda_zps603e5911.pngCazadoraArmored_zps06772c6e.png

She started archery as a hobby when she was just a kid, and as she grew and decided to become a heroine the bow and arrow became her primary weapon. She uses the confiscated technology from villains to improve her own equipment. The High Tech version there is a Stealth suit, not only lets her become completely invisible, but also comes with a nice HUD display to improve her already amazing aim. Interestingly, she only uses 1 trick arrow, a sonic one to stun criminals, and all the others are normal arrows.

This is an old character made waaaaaaay back when Freedom Force came out. She has been retconned a few times and she is also a latina, transexual and lesbian character because screw cisgender white and straight stereotype

Cyber Talon

CyberTalon_zps5239ceef.png

A former heroine turned villainess. She suffered heavy damage on all the left side of her body, losing her arm and leg, and needing cybernetic implants on her torso, as well as replacing her left eye. She blame this on the carelessness that other heroes have when using their powers, so now she hunts heroes... for a price.

Originally she was a character I made on City of Villains, the story was quite similar, except that she was a former "Wyvern"
  • thecobra22thecobra22 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 2 archers

Tomahawk

Tomahawk.jpg

and

Immortal

Immortal_zps4436071b.jpg
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked how my archer has turned out, and for a bonus...she is my main's long lost sister.

Regora:

fwmzax.jpg

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's mine, Artemisa.... she's pretty much an odd homage to green arrow.
    Violet2-3_zps8b57c017.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Raven, my archer...

Raven_zps0a4a7b8d.jpg
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • cheelanghocheelangho Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Currently posting from my job's pc, will upload images later

*EDIT: Image Uploaded! this is how he looks like
    426d2ed6ca870f674ea733900cb6d37c1369111747.jpg

Nightshot

Pretty much a made-up costume just to try Marksman AT (i'm silver), the main concept behind him is "Nightwing never met Batman"; in other words, what if a teenage / young adult became hero on his own will:biggrin:

Atm i'm still thinking on his bio's details, but i see him as an olimpic level archer who gave up his athletic career to pursue another as a scientific researcher; a little time after he graduates an "evil squad of doom" (Argent, Viper, PSI or whatever faction has the biggest interest on his research... once i decide what he's investigating :redface:) raids his laboratory at random University (Still don't know if there's anything like that in-game, might end up making him work for Harmon Labs) killing his fellow scientists and stealing key elements of his research; given the dangerous potential of the investigation and the death of his friends, he chooses to combine his awesome markmanship skills and scientific knowledge to hunt the bad guys down and get his revenge:rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the lazy writing and the sorta generic origin story, but like i said i only created him to play the Marksman AT and this is pretty much what i thought so far (any advice is welcome)

PS. Arrow Angel is awesome and Immortal looks badass
    SIGNATURE.
  • rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only screenie I have handy for my archer is this banner I've used for my kyudoka, Shiroi Hana:

shbanner.png
    a
  • zebellezebelle Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here's my archer, Naestra:
    screenshot2013052216400.jpg

screenshot2013052216373.jpg

@Zebel

60% of the time, it works every time...since August 2009.
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My archer is....

The Red Serpent

r_s_by_resolute015-d69ehkc.jpg

(I know its not relevent at all but i also would like to share my rainbow toon cause u also did @diplomacyman)
    [Richard of York

The old English warrior who gave battle in vain, though he was killed during the war of the roses his spirit lives on lends strength to whoever most embodies his virtues and wields the mystic Rainbow. (don't know how well known it is outside of the UK but: Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain is a mnemonic for the colours of the rainbow]

My rainbow toon is...

Spectro

spectro_r_by_resolute015-d69eim0.jpg

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ArchLight - My "Holy" Archer.

GameClient2013-06-1822-21-35-70_zpsf8fb2766.jpg

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2013
    A new toon, Arash the Archer:

2qcp6as.jpg

He's based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arash

Guy is avatar of ancient hero.

Purple and gold are old Persian royal colors (and I mean real Persian, not later muslim override).

Arash is a pious Zoroastrian and comes from a very old Persian bloodline. After islamic revolution his family left Iran.
    Archery is one of the key elements of Iranian culture and his family was also entrusted with keeping bow of the legendary hero.

It's unclear if this bloodline comes from the real Arash, but every time when male descendant comes to the age he is given Arash's bow and becomes a willing host for the ancient spirt - keeping his own will, memories and personality, but also being granted with archery and martial prowess of all previous generations.

Technically keepers of the bow are normal humans, but the bow itself is empowered by Ahuramazda - while it not strikes harder than normal bow of this kind, it's a divine gift - it cannot be destroyed or separated from its owner, it can also bypass things like physical armor and strike even against non-material opponents.

Arash's family tradition says that they were chosen by Ahuramazda to fight forces of evil, thus keeping Aryman away from the world.
  • darknal12darknal12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is the prince of PERSIA!!!
  • cheelanghocheelangho Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A new toon, Arash the Archer:

2qcp6as.jpg

He's based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arash

Guy is avatar of ancient hero.

Purple and gold are old Persian royal colors (and I mean real Persian, not later muslim override).

Arash is a pious Zoroastrian and comes from a very old Persian bloodline. After islamic revolution his family left Iran.
    Archery is one of the key elements of Iranian culture and his family was also entrusted with keeping bow of the legendary hero.

It's unclear if this bloodline comes from the real Arash, but every time when male descendant comes to the age he is given Arash's bow and becomes a willing host for the ancient spirt - keeping his own will, memories and personality, but also being granted with archery and martial prowess of all previous generations.

Technically keepers of the bow are normal humans, but the bow itself is empowered by Ahuramazda - while it not strikes harder than normal bow of this kind, it's a divine gift - it cannot be destroyed or separated from its owner, it can also bypass things like physical armor and strike even against non-material opponents.

Arash's family tradition says that they were chosen by Ahuramazda to fight forces of evil, thus keeping Aryman away from the world.

Great concept, i really liked it; i love characters inspired in mithology and ancient religions -especially if they come from non grecolatin sources, makes them more original IMHO - you just inspired me to create my own ancient warrior -though it might not be an archer, i'll see what i can come up with...
    SIGNATURE.
  • rabenschwingerabenschwinge Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My main is an archer - the Marksmaid. She goes back to an idea I had in City of Heroes.

For her Background see here: http://union.virtueverse.net/wiki/Marksmaid
    Unfortunately it describes only her background. Put in short, she is an agent of the huntress, the ancient Roman goddess Diana.

Unfortunately there is always something on her back, so I can't fit a quiver into her costume, but here goes her normal look:
    5PbOeewkqhzzzNYELKsNfy

And that's the one for Monster Island, the most archery-looking, despite the somewhat hindering shoulder pads:
    6L23bRDBYuLy97asjKQEZG

This is a variant of her costume I am not actually using anymore, but you can see her with her bow, in combat:
    2hd5ck3Q8WP5geXKO1frCB

Characters on Primus DB (and their Nemeses):
    Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    KdyJcr7.png

Lucky Takeda, Marksman AT, who is basically a collection of different species that don't get used on any other character, handwaved as shapeshifting imparted on her by her bow, which allows her to access the forms and skills of those who have wielded the bow and those who will use the bow in the future. It's a flimsy explanation at best, but it works for me and gives me free reign to make her any race I want! This is her alien bounty hunter form and, personally, one of my favorite costumes for her.

GRbFxdJ.jpg
    Val Kairi, sharkgirl archer, turned into a sharkgirl by heinous experiments conducted by Evil Mean Bad Guys(TM), now works for UNTIL in order to prevent what happened to her from happening to anyone else. Also seen cosplaying as Devana Hawke to make Dr. Kaufmann mad.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is a nice thread so I thought I would help to keep it going.
    Here is my latest toon....The Huntsman!

Regular outfit....
    Huntsman1.jpg
    Huntsman2.jpg
    Huntsman3.jpg

Golden Age outfit in next post......
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited September 2013
    The Huntsman's Golden Age costume.....
    Huntsman4.jpg
    Huntsman5.jpg
    Huntsman6.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My archer, Recurve
    Recurve_Screen_zps2b5744b7.png
    edited February 2014
    I thought I would redesign my archer, Huntsman, seeing as archers are topical again :-) What I have tried to do with his design is give his costume the aesthetique look of an arrow with the choice of skirt, the chest pattern and the hood.

The new back and belt quivers from the new archer costume set are a great addition to his wardrobe:biggrin:

This is his typical costume, I'll post his updated Golden Age outfit when I've finished tweaking it.................

Hunt1.jpg

Hunt2.jpg

Hunt3.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As I was lucky enough to get the Archer set on my first try, I used it to give my Archer a new look:

Sherwood

Although he was originally a modern archer, I just had to do a new look using some of the new pieces. I wanted him to use more than just the archer set, so I mixed in various other pieces and gave him a more armoured look, albeit mainly on his left so as not to restrict him pulling back the bowstring or reaching for arrows. The idea is he can exchange fire, with the side facing the enemy being armoured to protect him.

047b43f8-7fb1-49cc-8565-71d36d6e0ee7_zps80e83876.jpg

screenshot_2014-02-16-20-05-19_zps6f01eacb.jpg
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ballista:

db1.jpg

db2.jpg

Sooo stupid. :tongue:
    The Red Serpent

r_s_by_resolute015-d69ehkc.jpg

Love what you did with the bow/gun hand combination!
    biffsig.jpg
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ballista:

db1.jpg

db2.jpg

Sooo stupid. :tongue:

Haha, awesome. Arrow storm must look like a forest has suddenly sprouted. One more thing, just how big is her quiver exactly? :tongue:
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Broadhead:
    Broadhead_zps2fe19b35.png

Don't have a backstory for this one yet. He uses the Compound Bow - I haven't gotten a shot yet with the bow out.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is Star Shot. The image is a bit outdated as she has been tweaked with the new archer set, but only switched the leg pouches to the thigh quiver, added the arm accessory to her left arm and removed the quiver from her back.

She is an action movie star who does all of her own stunts whose corrupt senator ex boyfriend tried to have her killed when she witnessed one of his shady dealings.

starshot.png

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Broadhead:
    Broadhead_zps2fe19b35.png

Don't have a backstory for this one yet. He uses the Compound Bow - I haven't gotten a shot yet with the bow out.

I don't want to nit pick, but you might want to remove the thigh quiver from the left leg since you already have the belt quiver on that side. Avoid all that clipping :)

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    benevon wrote: »
    I don't want to nit pick, but you might want to remove the thigh quiver from the left leg since you already have the belt quiver on that side. Avoid all that clipping :)
    You know, until you pointed it out, I hadn't even noticed the clipping. Thanks - I guess. :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ent_23_2_05_char1.jpg

What? Were supposed to post Archers.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's always one...

alcohol-delivery-chippenham-8.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And no there's two. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited February 2014

Pfft....I had a Bowgun before it was cool......back in the x-treeeeeeme 90s :biggrin:

Bowgun.jpg

Although, if I'm exteeeeeemely honest, I have to say that I saw someone else pull of this combo first and that inspired me to make this outfit....it may have been GenX.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • echokoumoriechokoumori Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the archer set has been a fun set to fiddle with heres what i made with it

SA_zps707556c3.png

and out of fun i even took the time to wanna draw it out too

ScarletArcher_zps4b8cbe4a.png
    edited February 2014
    ...... I'll post his updated Golden Age outfit when I've finished tweaking it.................

Finally got around to it:smile:

Huntga4.jpg

Huntga5.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    You know, until you pointed it out, I hadn't even noticed the clipping. Thanks - I guess. :wink:

It's usually the smallest details that I get hung up on with my own costumes ;) half the time I'm the only one that notices lol.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Eros

tw84.png

A not-that-bright pawn shop employee finds a mystical bracelet dedicated to Eros in a box of junk. Unfortunately, his ill-informed mental vision of Eros seemed more Pan-like, affecting the ensuing transformation.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Archers you say? How about a 2-feet-tall, cute-as-a-pie, doesn't-take-no-crap Pixie?

Here's Meillandine the Pixie, at the measuring tape by the Tailor in RenCen, with an AF Champion Blank for scale:

Pixie.jpg

I'll grab a picture of her with her bow out later.
    Elven Archer Moon Shadow
    95f364bd-c21b-4ee3-9334-7c2bc9bc1a2c_zps1d3f8070.jpg

And with the new set.
    7d6c9673-032d-43f7-b90d-1291a3b6161a_zps49a9bad1.jpg

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Here's Meillandine the Pixie, at the measuring tape by the Tailor in RenCen, with an AF Champion Blank for scale:

There's a measuring tape? Thanks! I have a use for this since the height numbers in the creator aren't "true" due to size changes in leg length. It'll help with the Primus Database stuff I'm slowly developing.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here is Brutus.

A defiant mystical hunter from prehistoric times, protected by his tatoos that make him impervious to damage.

He hunts with the companionship of a brown bear.

Brutus_OilPaint_comparison_zps860fa5ae.jpg

• menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dizzy Sparrow
    sf9Lx0p.jpg
    y0ZdgO8.jpg
    SAEmxGL.jpg
    zxaGOpN.jpg

• superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I made an archer with the new costume set. I really like the new set btw.

Here is Desert Arrow, a persian archer that commands the sandy desert winds.

DesertArrow_zpsb3842013.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    3fda6abb-a368-400a-beb3-3e12b5190f4a_zpsbd6b9359.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As promised, here's Meillandine the Pixie firing her Hearstring Bow: