test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Bat Flight Worth Having

elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Suggestions Box
Bat Flight has to be one of the most useless travel powers of them all. A complete waste of the points spent on it, and the slot it's assigned to. It's slow, and you can't attack while it's active, but everyone can attack you.

At least one of the following three things MUST be done to Bat Flight in order for it to be worth assigning as a travel power:

1) Make it MUCH, much faster.

2) Allow the player to AT LEAST make energy building attacks while in bat form.

3) Make the player immune to attack while in bat form, and basically turn it into a skin for the Teleport travel power.
`

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by elfrings on

Comments

• auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yup, it almost feels like it should be more like a teleport reskin rather than a flight one. Odd design choice, there.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    auldwolf wrote: »
    Yup, it almost feels like it should be more like a teleport reskin rather than a flight one. Odd design choice, there.

Complete agreement.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed

I sometimes wonder if anyone in charge of anything ever checks this section.

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd rather it be flight though as it's annoying that Teleport has to constantly hit the button while the flight is toggled on and stays on until i reach my destination. I stopped using the teleporting just because of how annoying it got constantly hitting the button. COH did it a lot nicer and frankly i'm sad that CO didn't improve on the design when it added it.

Although i do admit being able to either attack, or with lack there of, have a much better dodge rate or something would be a nice touch. Most people rarely turn their travel powers off so it would be nice to at least make this happen.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    COH did it a lot nicer and frankly i'm sad that CO didn't improve on the design when it added it.

Oddly enough I feel that they did improve on COH's teleport (by scrapping it) with the implementation they went with for CO's version of the power.

That said, I wouldn't mind a second teleport style TP that functioned more like the COH version.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah its Halloween and i see bat flight used by exactly nobody.
    Because it sucks.

Let it use Psi Lash as an energy builder and attack with melee contact ego sprites.
  • elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I created a Dracula clone the other day and was going to give him Bat Flight, then realized the error of my ways and gave him the Darkness Wings or whatever it's called instead. Works much better without straying very far from the image.

Sad, considering that's really the only type of hero who's really likely to use Bat Flight.
    `

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My darkness hero was making good use of it, but i dropped it for cape flight since it's faster but i'd rather have the bats. personally though i'd rather they took out the smoke and added more bats, like insect flight. Too bad cape flight doesn't let you select the default cape though, my guy is in a trenchcoat, so it looks really weird that he's got the tattered cape on as well just to get the effect while flying.

As for teleport, it just seems useful in pvp, and beyond that it seems like a halfassed flight that makes you less visible. Kind of like you CAN fly, you just don't know HOW. I honestly can't take it seriously in game so i never use it, although being the darkness character, the original concept would have used it in place of traveling through the shadows. If they can make it more instantaneous like teleporting should be as well as add in a cool "into the shadows/from the shadows" effect, i'd gladly drop Zen into getting that power.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Travel powers that are non combat should be fantastically faster than normal travel powers.
  • titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Travel powers that are non combat should be fantastically faster than normal travel powers.

I like this hehe... make them awesome in their own way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    I have a level-40 Electric hero who makes an interesting combination out of Electric Arc and Power Slide. (I think that's what they're called.) She "teleports" up high and ahead, then switches to slide and "flys" extremely fast through the sky (because she's still falling at a very slow rate) for several seconds. Just before she hits the ground, she "teleports" again and repeats the cycle.
    `

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My darkness hero was making good use of it, but i dropped it for cape flight since it's faster but i'd rather have the bats. personally though i'd rather they took out the smoke and added more bats, like insect flight. Too bad cape flight doesn't let you select the default cape though, my guy is in a trenchcoat, so it looks really weird that he's got the tattered cape on as well just to get the effect while flying.

As for teleport, it just seems useful in pvp, and beyond that it seems like a halfassed flight that makes you less visible. Kind of like you CAN fly, you just don't know HOW. I honestly can't take it seriously in game so i never use it, although being the darkness character, the original concept would have used it in place of traveling through the shadows. If they can make it more instantaneous like teleporting should be as well as add in a cool "into the shadows/from the shadows" effect, i'd gladly drop Zen into getting that power.

They ought to add a feature to Teleport powers which allow you to set "waypoints" which allow you to instantly teleport to set locations so long as you're not in combat.
    `

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012

What I suggested in the Cape Flight thread (while it was in development) was to turn TPs that don't have any combat value into devices like the Antigravity Boots device. This will make people more willing to buy them (no retcon needed) as well as not take up a TP power point. I doubt this will break anything as well since those TPs have 0 (ZERO) combat value. The only reason to have them is because of their look.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i also would like more bats in my bat flight and either an attack while using it or to be less easily harmed or unattackable while using it.

/signed

I use it on my low-level blade character The Scarlet Pippistrelle and believe me it sure makes things harder.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flechus wrote: »
    /signed

I sometimes wonder if anyone in charge of anything ever checks this section.

Drannic supposedly reads it, but I'm not sure if you can consider him "in charge". ^^;

And yes, Vampire Flight is useless. I think it should be changed to work just like Scarab Flight or at least be made faster. Vampire Teleport is a good idea too, but that should be a whole new travel power.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    These non combat travel powers are generally what vehicles should have been.
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but it's been quite some time and I (and I believe the other users too) still wait for a fix in Bat Flight.

I really think BF should make you invisible to enemies since it's a non-combat TP, or at least have a higher speed, give bonuses in stealth and dodge, specially in darker places.

I love this TP and have it in my Void character, but since it has this problems, I ranked it to level 3 and use it only for longer distances, while using Shadow Wings for combat.

Curiously, I found out BF works normally in Lemuria main zone.
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Could make it so all attacks used in Bat Flight are melee attacks! *throwing out another idea*

I agree. Nice theme travel power, but it's actual use is so limited :(
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah it seems like it should be an easy fix.
    Making you invisible to enemies like tunnelling or allowing attacks like the Insect flight power wouldn't be unfair or unbalanced in any way.

There are lots of vampire heroes in this game, i'm sure a fix would be popular.

Also i notice that the become-vampire device has more bats and better looking bats in it's bat flight.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    /signed

Support this completely and love all suggestion so far SPECIALY the Shadow phase teleport, I think the Bat flight has a few seconds of that when u appear out of it. Even made a thread on it. :biggrin:

I have to say that Darkness Wings don't strike me I prefer Phoenix Wings with its aura covering the Hero. Mix that up with Shadow Form and it turns into a Beautiful Black color when u enter combat. Darkness Wings seem half finished just darken the wing spam but not the Hero, I would have not mind if they recycled the Dark Aura with the this half finish wings. :frown:

Totally agree on the Vampire device and would not mind to pay if some of dose combo powers mechanics could be added to the our supernatural/darkness pool powers, specially since Mental Powers got its Psymon version transformation, I like to have that feel too in supernatural/darkness pool powers. :confused:
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BTW, Bat Flight is the BEST TP under water. Funny. xD
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm 100% Sure that Bat Flight was realeased BUGGED
    Become Vampire Device HAS this TP, and you can use it to ATTACK and works perfecly as Scarab Flight!

My faithful Munitions Expert use this TP... as a Secondary!
    This TP need to be FIXED ASAP!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    elfrings wrote: »
    I have a level-40 Electric hero who makes an interesting combination out of Electric Arc and Power Slide. (I think that's what they're called.) She "teleports" up high and ahead, then switches to slide and "flys" extremely fast through the sky (because she's still falling at a very slow rate) for several seconds. Just before she hits the ground, she "teleports" again and repeats the cycle.

I've done that with just teleport and one of the super speed powers. Man, can you cover a LOT of land that way (it's great for zipping through zones for UNITY missions).
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    I saw it used maybe three times since Bat Flight was introduced and it was in Caprice. I never saw this TP used outside of social instances.

Speaks something how utterly wasted and worthless is this TP.

Could be worse. I never saw anyone using this skull flight from Q vendor. IIRC it's yet another "non-combat" flight TP?