test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Lockbox - VTOL Vehicle

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2013 in Super News Network
The celebration continues with the new 4th Anniversary Lockbox, including a new VTOL jet, Legion gear and more! Plus: Every lockbox has a chance to include anniversary toys like party bombs and permanent water balloons!

Legion Gear is incredibly powerful, and is only available in lockboxes. With four slots for MODs, its stats can be extremely high, allowing you to specialize to exactly the build you want. This gear is level-appropriate, so you may want to open it on a Level 40 character.

Get more details in the blog post!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perm disco pall

Scales to player size, I hope.

EN-2706-Small.gif
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not a fan of the whole lockbox thing.

However, I do see a note of hope here - this VTOL design was one of the things that showed up in concept art. So now I get to still hold out hope that the Guitar Axe Heavy Weapon might still show up one day...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eight costume pieces in this lockbox? Damn it. I'm not going to be able to afford all of them. :frown:
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also, what are the odds of us ever getting that katana, as well as the cyber ninja katana as weapon unlocks?
    edited September 2013
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just when i think Crypic is starting to listen to its customers they bring out this crap. To which I am talking about another Costume pack hidden within a lockbox...the vehicle, i have no problem being in a lockbox because they usually put a version in the C-Store, but seriously, a whole costume set in the lockbox, this is just plain B.S.

Thanks for nothing.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, a couple of friends and me are wondering...

All costume pieces that came with the lockboxes has something "linked" with the event that they start dropping or the lockboxes itself...

For the little pic of the Robot Samurai, it has some new costume pieces as well...

So... why the heck are we getting shark pieces??? I'm really confused... :confused:

Not complaining... just wondering... :wink:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    maleb666 wrote: »

All costume pieces that came with the lockboxes has something "linked" with the event that they start dropping or the lockboxes itself...

For the little pic of the Robot Samurai, it has some new costume pieces as well...

So... why the heck are we getting shark pieces??? I'm really confused... :confused:

Because we've reached the "F*** it, put 'em ALL in gambleboxes" stage of CO's downfall. Themes don't matter, rarity doesn't matter, the ability to sell the same set of items for a fixed price in C-Store as it's been done for years doesn't matter. Be prepared to feed $50 to the key dispenser for the chance to get what you paid $5 to acquire in the past, and still not receive everything you wanted to pay for.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited September 2013
    maleb666 wrote: »

#DestroidsXKarkaradonsMaybe? :tongue:

Or maybe Dr.Destroyer teams up with Hi Pan and outfits Hi Pan's Red Banner clan with Destrium Tech? And Sharks?
    edited September 2013
    Karkaradons could be involved. Perhaps Dr. Zerstoiten took some of his impostor's minions when he left Multifaria? As for the robot samurai, maybe Bureau 17 redesigned some of their robots after Destroyer's daughter kept stealing and reprogramming them.

Just random guessing on my part, though.
    edited September 2013
    Because we've reached the "F*** it, put 'em ALL in gambleboxes" stage of CO's downfall. Themes don't matter, rarity doesn't matter, the ability to sell the same set of items for a fixed price in C-Store as it's been done for years doesn't matter. Be prepared to feed $50 to the key dispenser for the chance to get what you paid $5 to acquire in the past, and still not receive everything you wanted to pay for.

Yep, God forbid they just give us the stuff we want in the C-Store so we can just be happy.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, that sharkfin helmet is giving me some serious ultraman vibes.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hey pew/cryptic are you done with these foolish lockboxes yet? i know you dont care much for champions but come on. malke something worthwhile for this game. not the same old 1 show brokendown horse.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Pretty much spot on......RIP C-Store Costume Sets:frown:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited September 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    you sure she's his daughter? I always thought of her of just delusional and crazy.

I don't think she is, but she sure does. Honestly, I'd like Destroyer to give confirmation on that one way or another.
    edited September 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    I don't think she is, but she sure does. Honestly, I'd like Destroyer to give confirmation on that one way or another.

What was her name again? I am totally blanking on it, I think it may be due my Rage meteor hitting MAX.

I will try to see if I can find lore that states she is his daughter or not.
    edited September 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    What was her name again? I am totally blanking on it, I think it may be due my Rage meteor hitting MAX.

I will try to see if I can find lore that states she is his daughter or not.

Madam Mayhem. She was one of the Design A Villain contest winners, so I doubt you'll find anything.
    edited September 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    Madam Mayhem. She was one of the Design A Villain contest winners, so I doubt you'll find anything.

ooooh, I thought you guys were talking about the one who took over the robots on Monster island.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just when i think Crypic is starting to listen to its customers they bring out this crap.

You may not like it, but Cryptic IS listening to its customers. They put out the lockboxes because they sell better than anything else.

Personally, I think that they should be doing more direct purchase items in the store while still keeping the lockboxes going, and I hope that the new team has its sea legs now, and will start doing just that. Time will tell.
    You may not like it, but Cryptic IS listening to its customers. They put out the lockboxes because they sell better than anything else.

Personally, I think that they should be doing more direct purchase items in the store while still keeping the lockboxes going, and I hope that the new team has its sea legs now, and will start doing just that. Time will tell.

Course they sell better, the only thing they have been up against since they showed up were repainted vehicles and an emote pack, that actually had nothing new, just stuff that was on the Test server a year ago.

It is easy to say Lockboxes sell more than costumes when we havnt had costumes in the C-Store for over a year.

and technically it would be the keys-I do get that, but they are only used on Lockboxes so "I" consider them the same thing.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would think this could of been a 4th Year Anniversary All-In-One Pack but nooooooo...

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Ok, that sharkfin helmet is giving me some serious ultraman vibes.

Ah, so I'm not the only one who noticed that immediately.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Happy anniversary, subscribers and lifetimers!

Here's a lockbox with a new costume that you can't afford with your stipend! In fact, you could probably spend double your stipend and not get half the pieces because of the horrible drop rate! Enjoy it while you play through a completely rehashed event they had to cut short last year because in typical Cryptic fashion they broke it in a catastrophic way! It's nice for the game you're supporting to get some basic attention.

At least we have bug fixes on the way (possibly). Maybe they'll get some of the bugs that have been hanging around since launch or make the adventure packs and comic series playable without running into something that completely blocks progress. Maybe lairs will work without them having to take content out of them (like the Destroid building puzzle in Destroyers Robot Factory). Hey, if we're lucky, these bug fixes might come without crippling bugs of their own as they try to patch up this mangled car crash of a game.

It's always nice to see loyalty rewarded.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited September 2013
    Happy anniversary, subscribers and lifetimers!

Here's a lockbox with a new costume that you can't afford with your stipend! In fact, you could probably spend double your stipend and not get half the pieces because of the horrible drop rate! Enjoy it while you play through a completely rehashed event they had to cut short last year because in typical Cryptic fashion they broke it in a catastrophic way! It's nice for the game you're supporting to get some basic attention.

At least we have bug fixes on the way (possibly). Maybe they'll get some of the bugs that have been hanging around since launch or make the adventure packs and comic series playable without running into something that completely blocks progress. Maybe lairs will work without them having to take content out of them (like the Destroid building puzzle in Destroyers Robot Factory). Hey, if we're lucky, these bug fixes might come without crippling bugs of their own as they try to patch up this mangled car crash of a game.

It's always nice to see loyalty rewarded.

We'll get bug fixes until they find that it will take too much work on the engine in order to truely fix anything. -_-
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The irony in people complaining about bug fixes, that we were complaining weren't happening, is almost staggering.

If I were a dev for CO, half of the community that posts on the forums would make me not wanna do a damn thing for y'all. Just sayin.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ugh... I'd have so bought this costume set if it were a direct-to-C-store costume set. Shark characters are awesome.

Alas... it was not meant to be.

Again, more keys I'm not going to be buying. What a shame.
    edited September 2013
    I am fine with them taking the month to do nothing but bug fixes, I just don't have faith they will fix anything of real Substance.

Wow you fixed devices that effects 1% of the community, awesome. How about some costume fixes, lie the chest pieces that make your arms disappear? of the borked missions?

oh well.
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    for all that is holy: STOP PUTTING COSTUME PARTS IN LOCKBOXES, just give us the costume set in the zstore instead of turning it into a lottery
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    crosnight wrote: »
    for all that is holy: STOP PUTTING COSTUME PARTS IN LOCKBOXES, just give us the costume set in the zstore instead of turning it into a lottery

STOP PUTTING COSTUME PARTS IN BECOME 'SOMETHINGS', and not give us a chance to get them in anyway. Atleast unlock the pieces when/if you get the Become 'Something'. It could even raise keys bought by peoples. Maybe. Probably.
    Not interested about Sharkman Costume enough to open a Box.
    Not interested a bit about Become RoboSamurai to open a Box.
    Not interested even a little about VTOL to open a Box.
    Zero sales.
    Zero Dollars spend.
    Good day.

Hope the froobs spend enough dollars so we can atleast get some bugs fixed.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh! I finally figured out what the theme of this gamblebox really is: It's the What Cryptic North Learned Over Their Summer Vacation Lockbox!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm, I'm disappionted about the costume set being in the lockbox but I want it.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thing is freaking beautiful. I can't say enough how much this is my absolute favorite thing in game right now.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    Oh! I finally figured out what the theme of this gamblebox really is: It's the What Cryptic North Learned Over Their Summer Vacation Lockbox!

Lol. Epic. :biggrin:

It indeed looks like Cryptic is running out from things to put in lockboxes. Literally, scraping the barrel. :X
  • saurializardsaurializard Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've played STO during summer and participated in the (cool) event which was a 25-day-grind that didn't involved destroying ships, as well as other side-missions. It granted you a free, new and pretty cool ship.

Then, there was a discount on the price of master keys.

Then, there were 2 weeks of discount sale in one of the stores. And players got to vote for which item got to get -40%, and the items that didn't win or weren't in the poll still got -15%. And when during the second week, two items were very close in votes, they decided to put BOTH on -40% sale).

And in the same time, they brought back one of the most popular ships that was no longer available. And unlike with the lockboxes, the ship was an addition to a special pack that gave you all the advertised items no matter what. So, if you didn't get the ship, at least you got what you paid for, the ship was just a bonus. And even if you didn't get it, you were still getting another bonus: a FIXED high number of the STO equivalent of the Drifter Salvages (the same used in the store that was getting the -40% and -15% sale).

CO got the (pretty nice but short) FATAL ERR0R series.
    Then, it got the same anniversary event with just a few new stuff, compared to last year (nothing wrong with that, though, plus the devices no longer have a timer before they expire).
    Then, another lockbox...

"Thank you for supporting CO for 4 years, but if you want your gift, you need to pay a random amount of money!"
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I made an offer to drop $300 a month into this game if we could see JUST ONE costume set in the C-store. Never happened.

Please, for the love of God, just sell us ONE COSTUME outright. PLEASE?
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just when i think Crypic is starting to listen to its customers they bring out this crap. To which I am talking about another Costume pack hidden within a lockbox...the vehicle, i have no problem being in a lockbox because they usually put a version in the C-Store, but seriously, a whole costume set in the lockbox, this is just plain B.S.

Disagree!

They NEEDED to bring out another lockbox because the prices of keys were falling well below 100g per key, crippling trade on the market. (or course the real solution to that would be to not make lockboxes at all, but that's never gonna happen because and I quote TrailTurtle "keys are the most profitable thing we've done.")

Like it or not (in your case not), lockboxes are here to stay as long as people keep wanting them and are buying the keys for them.

That said, I can understand your angst with not wanting COSTUMES specifically to ONLY accessible from lockboxes. They (Cryptic/PWE) should give you a premium costume pack option to buy if you really REALLY want them, and price it according to market value (i.e.: the devs would actually have to check in on how much things sell for on the AH on a regular basis).
    Thanks for nothing.

1277005-cry_some_more_icon387.jpg

:tongue:

I tease, but seriously knock it off already. I for one am looking FORWARD to the bug fixes & polishing coming up. And that's definitely them (Cryptic/PWE) listening (took forever to get through to them though, that's for sure).

I am fine with them taking the month to do nothing but bug fixes, I just don't have faith they will fix anything of real Substance.

Wow you fixed devices that effects 1% of the community, awesome. How about some costume fixes, lie the chest pieces that make your arms disappear? of the borked missions?

oh well.

Devices don't affect 1% of the community. This is utter BULL****! It affects both PvP and PvE, and there's not a clear distinction (most people do some of both, some more one than another; in fact most hardcore PvP players must (by proxy) do PvE now for Questionite, Acclaim is useless), and there's no proof that PvP is 1% of the population nor any way to quantify that correctly.

Oh and yeah, I've always been one to criticize Cryptic's faults, often rather boisterously too. But this is going too far, shame on you Bwdares. Heck, the only part of your quote just here above that makes any merit is the "borked missions" part, but it seems like you just threw that in last minute to give your comment at least some faint semblance of credibility.

:mad:

{pissed at your attitude, but will try reasoning once more}

Ok look. It all comes down to money.

The playerbase has show they are more interested in buying keys than anything else. The entire economy in the game now even seems to revolve around keys, which causes issues but I digress...

Consider that costume unlocks at least don't affect the gameplay balance of the game, and they're good things to trade. Unlike the Legacy Devices where you could get extremes of DPS and even invincibility (and that's finally going to be getting a fix soon, almost a year later)

Now, things you and I might agree on?

Would I prefer if they'd add the ability to select specific mods the the Recognition Vendors?
    Absolutely yes!

Would I prefer if they'd add Legion gear to the Recognition Vendors at a fair price?
    Absolutely yes! (I feel they should cost 10 times what Heroic Gear does, Silver Champ tokens)

Would I prefer that ANY costume unlock that is added into a lockboxes is also available for purchase as a pack from the Z-Store?
    Absolutely yes!

See? There's a way to find solutions that benefit the whole of the community, bring in profits, maintain a focus on fun, AND go with the flow.

FYI: You do know you can buy costume unlocks other people get from lockboxes off the Auction House, right?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've played STO during summer and participated in the (cool) event which was a 25-day-grind that didn't involved destroying ships, as well as other side-missions. It granted you a free, new and pretty cool ship.

Then, there were 2 weeks of discount sale in one of the stores. And players got to vote for which item got to get -40%, and the items that didn't win or weren't in the poll still got -15%. And when during the second week, two items were very close in votes, they decided to put BOTH on -40% sale).

And in the same time, they brought back one of the most popular ships that was no longer available. And unlike with the lockboxes, the ship was an addition to a special pack that gave you all the advertised items no matter what. So, if you didn't get the ship, at least you got what you paid for, the ship was just a bonus. And even if you didn't get it, you were still getting another bonus: a FIXED high number of the STO equivalent of the Drifter Salvages (the same used in the store that was getting the -40% and -15% sale).

Then, it got the same anniversary event with just a few new stuff, compared to last year (nothing wrong with that, though, plus the devices no longer have a timer before they expire).
    Then, another lockbox...

"Thank you for supporting CO for 4 years, but if you want your gift, you need to pay a random amount of money!"
    welcome to the NON big name franchise.
    where cryptic owns the IP, so doesn't have to please anyone.
    That looks like the attackrs ships in the Nighthawk event
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know, I will say that ship they are releasing with this lockbox is one of the coolest designs. Not hideous like the Avalanche tank (aka. the flying table), an obvious hommage of a Star Wars design, or with a big-fat-booty like the hoverbikes.
    chaelk wrote: »

Then, another lockbox...

welcome to the NON big name franchise.
    where cryptic owns the IP, so doesn't have to please anyone.

An event like that would rock, but Chaelk / Cloudsatdawn has a point. There's no accountability.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    You know, I will say that ship they are releasing with this lockbox is one of the coolest designs. Not hideous like the Avalanche tank (aka. the flying table).
    I like quad tank model because it actually looks like a tank. Would be better with metal armored cockpit instead of this windshield.
    edited September 2013
    Well just my take on the new lockboxes.

- Opened 39 of them and I do like the VTOL jet (I gave this to a friend who helped me farm the boxes :D)

- The Samurai looks interesting (not sure if it is bind to account or bind to character however, I don't want to bind it only for it to be bound to one toon :eek:)

- Infinite Party Bombs and Water balloons (I was right TT!! :biggrin:) are great!!

- Legion!! I am swamped with Legion and costume pieces lol

All in All, I like the new box! :smile:
  • manakasmanakas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm not buying ANY of your lockboxes again. It's a waste of MY money. Put more stuff on the C-Store darnit! Make new content! PUT MORE PEOPLE ON THE TEAM! Come on! I hate feeling like I'm playng the Bastard Child of Cryptic Studios! YOU MADE CITY OF HEROES. IT FELL BECAUSE OF A COMPANY THAT DIDN'T LIKE IT.

You have SO much potential and you're not doing thing to change it!
    Just more Gambling!
    That's Not even HUMAN to place such freaking Gambling in a game like this!

I'm AWEFULLY concidering stopping paying the Sub fee. So are OTHER people that play that I know. Cryptic. DO Something. Make CO -grow-.
    edited September 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Disagree!

They NEEDED to bring out another lockbox because the prices of keys were falling well below 100g per key, crippling trade on the market. (or course the real solution to that would be to not make lockboxes at all, but that's never gonna happen because and I quote TrailTurtle "keys are the most profitable thing we've done.")

Like it or not (in your case not), lockboxes are here to stay as long as people keep wanting them and are buying the keys for them.

That said, I can understand your angst with not wanting COSTUMES specifically to ONLY accessible from lockboxes. They (Cryptic/PWE) should give you a premium costume pack option to buy if you really REALLY want them, and price it according to market value (i.e.: the devs would actually have to check in on how much things sell for on the AH on a regular basis).

My specific Angst is simply that it is a full 8 piece set that is behind the lock boxes. If it were the usual 2-3 that they have done in the past, for me it would be different story.

1277005-cry_some_more_icon387.jpg

:tongue:Wah

I tease, but seriously knock it off already. I for one am looking FORWARD to the bug fixes & polishing coming up. And that's definitely them (Cryptic/PWE) listening (took forever to get through to them though, that's for sure).

Devices don't affect 1% of the community. This is utter BULL****! It affects both PvP and PvE, and there's not a clear distinction (most people do some of both, some more one than another; in fact most hardcore PvP players must (by proxy) do PvE now for Questionite, Acclaim is useless), and there's no proof that PvP is 1% of the population nor any way to quantify that correctly.

PVP is where the most Damage was done with these devices. If your worried about PVE then the only place it really effects others is Cosmics, and those are already poached by a certain group mentioned in other threads. So what if it makes lairs easier, people using the devices rob themselves of the fun. Now should they be fixed/nerfed? Course, but there are plenty of things that effect more people that should be a priority before these devices.

Oh and yeah, I've always been one to criticize Cryptic's faults, often rather boisterously too. But this is going too far, shame on you Bwdares. Heck, the only part of your quote just here above that makes any merit is the "borked missions" part, but it seems like you just threw that in last minute to give your comment at least some faint semblance of credibility.

Yep Shame on me, and there was point where such would anger me, but I am no longer that person.

:mad: ->cute :)

{pissed at your attitude, but will try reasoning once more}

Ok look. It all comes down to money.

The playerbase has show they are more interested in buying keys than anything else. The entire economy in the game now even seems to revolve around keys, which causes issues but I digress...

Consider that costume unlocks at least don't affect the gameplay balance of the game, and they're good things to trade. Unlike the Legacy Devices where you could get extremes of DPS and even invincibility (and that's finally going to be getting a fix soon, almost a year later)
    Which again, i am fine with the fix. I guess I just think it is not a priority because it has never effected me. That seems the most logical reason.
    Now, things you and I might agree on?

Would I prefer if they'd add the ability to select specific mods the the Recognition Vendors?
    Absolutely yes! Yes and no, I honestly don't really mind random Mods, not that it really makes and sense what-so-ever.

Would I prefer if they'd add Legion gear to the Recognition Vendors at a fair price?
    Absolutely yes! (I feel they should cost 10 times what Heroic Gear does, Silver Champ tokens) Again I personally don't care, but I could see where the player base would benifit, therefor I would support this idea.

Would I prefer that ANY costume unlock that is added into a lockboxes is also available for purchase as a pack from the Z-Store?
    Absolutely yes!
    Yes, I would agree with you here, sadley I highly doubt this would ever happen, but that is mainly due to my lack of faith in the decision makers for this game.

See? There's a way to find solutions that benefit the whole of the community, bring in profits, maintain a focus on fun, AND go with the flow.
    How many of such ideas have we seen from those who run CO?

FYI: You do know you can buy costume unlocks other people get from lockboxes off the Auction House, right?
    yes, that is how I get many of the costume pieces, i sell MANY costume drops so I can purchase the Costume parts from lockboxes-the last Socrates lock boxes I actually liked, since I do like to fuse Mods for my SG, and I do feel like you get your monies worth now-a-days, but I will NEVER get behind putting an entire costume set (in this case, bare minimum it will cost anyone $8 to get all the pieces, and that is at an incredibly low % chance to do so) in a lockbox. It is simply Neverwinter level greed.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hate myself for saying this right now, but we need more things to buy in the Drifter Store. At the same time, Cryptic could also accomodate (in a roundabout way) people who would like to make purchases outright. So why not add something like the Shark Set to the Drifter Store. All 8 pieces seperately. Have each costume piece cost 2 Drifter Salvage. I think the net result would be more keys purchased, and might placate people who do not like to gamble. If they know they will get what they want, it isn't really gambling. For absolute purists, sell a 2 drifter salvage token for 100 zen. There has to be a way to meet in the middle here.

If keys are gonna be the new standard, and costumes will only be delivered through chanceboxes (please god no), then Cryptic should really take a look at Champions Online's price models. They vary to such an extent it's kind of puzzling.
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would be nice to see the useless rank 3 - 5 mods be replaced with something else. It is infact 1$ per box and the minimum reward we can get is something that's already abundant in the lackluster crafting system that replaced research and development. Just saying but it really is smack in the face not getting anything rewarding or epic from buying 100s of cosmic keys.