Install Arc

Bluhman's New Museum

Comments

• ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Forget about it now i can see them
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That incident has taught me to never use Photobucket again.
    Deathstrike_zps42385c49.png
    Batwoman
    Baseball-themed outfit thing.
    TwSPgI7.jpg
    Succubus

Another request that was done. The person wanted something that evoked a cross between "Mileena from MK maybe with a hint of Morrigan". So this was done.
    Garman_zpsae68cf20.png
    Failed entry for a costume contest. He was actually taken and turned into...

egE8Erc.png
    "A former russian astronaut, Mentorr was sent on a followup mission to the moon to investigate exactly what was going on in the Malvan Arena set up on its surface - only to find an unusual mechanical sphere. Coming into contact with it, Mentorr was overtaken by an immense electric shock, which flooded his mind with all the information and technological knowledge that humans had built up in the past 100 years. The shock also changed his complexion a bit, but that's a side effect. Now equipped with bizarre, minor telepathic powers, and an encyclopedic brain, Mentorr fights to protect the earth - from a secret menace that only he is aware of."

...Who uses the new telepathy powers to slowly kill stuff and debuff with luff.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On your Burt character on post #107 page 11 u mention that u got 2-3 single sword character builds I was wondering if u could post them in the builds and roles section I've been trying to come up with one of my own and they have seem to fallen short either not enough damage or there killed to easy.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Omg... men-torr its just PURE win I loveeeee him, its just a brilliant costume and concept from many, many angles.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mentor was a character in the videogame "Freedom Force" XD
    edited July 2013
    cascadence wrote: »
    Omg... men-torr its just PURE win I loveeeee him, its just a brilliant costume and concept from many, many angles.

Thanks! It honestly becomes a lot more easy to focus on the core concept of an outfit when a large number of the more difficult things have been already sorted out.
    Mentor was a character in the videogame "Freedom Force" XD

Yup. Honestly, couldn't think of a better name for the character. The runner up name was SPIARMF.
    h8ESmsl.png
    Advice needed: Vai'tu's head
    So, I unlocked the Socrates helmet. As it turns out, it's not actually a full helmet, but a general headwear piece that can be worn on any head type. So, Vai'tu here actually is wearing said helmet with bug-eye goggles, and a samurai mouthpiece for extra stripes of colors (weird nostrils?) and wrinkly stuff. Well, that's not to say that Vai'tu's normal head (on the left) looks any less glitchy, but really - which one of the two looks better to you for an alien-monk thing?
    5bcljYx.png
    Ray Tracie - Updated Armor
    Ray's old outfit uses a lot of ooooold parts. Like, holy crap, back when she was made, she had to use a dern Persian headdress instead of the deliberately tech-themed 90s one seen here. So, she got updated a bit - and a bit more armored.

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    which one of the two looks better to you for an alien-monk thing?

I prefer the new version, but I would change the helmet color (probably reuse a color from her other bits of costume). Seeing the helmet the same color as the skin makes my eye want to interpret them as the same material, which makes the textural difference look out of place.

Fantastic thread, by the way.
  • killiandroskilliandros Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have been away from CO for many months now but it's great to see you're still here creating interesting costumes Bluhman.

I'm tempted to reinstall CO and fire up the creator again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Champions Online has the best character creator - check out some of my creations in Killi's Consolidated Costume List !
    edited August 2013
    K9YlVJA.png8nIkWNd.png
    Claw Woman
    So, drafting up another character that uses fighting claws, the character's sizing up to be themed after being kind of street-dressed and also after a predatory animal. The shark version was the first one designed (excluding the actual animal form version of that), but still totally up in the air what I should finally pursue. Or what to call this character.

The spider version also has the asymmetrical sleeve. Didn't come out well in that shot due to my stupid angling abilities.
    uro2mZh.jpg
    Notch tiers
    As I've been levelling this dude up, I've been adding on to his wardrobe. Level 20, he assumed his Tier 2 outfit, and likewise, his Tier 3 at level 30ish. I'm thinking his final outfit will be a sort of modernized silly tech/punk dwarf thing. That'll be fun trying to figure out how to make that one work.

edited August 2013
    The tiered concept on Notch is brilliant lol, I love it!. It so reminds me of one of my fave arcade games "Knights of the Round".... damn I played the heck out of that game at the arcade when I was a kid.

Thanks for sharing man, lots of great costumes as usual.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love the asymmetrical look on "Claw Woman". Especially the Shark version.

Have you considered calling her Mako?

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    edited August 2013
    Finally got the character sorted out:
    sv4krsg.png
    "When Moreau got his hands on a stray Kakaradon, he was elated - the fierce natural weaponry and streamlined build of these creatures would make for deadly marine warriors. Accordingly, Sawtooth was engineered from the shark-being DNA, and quickly grew to be quite powerful, and nigh impossible to tame. It didn't take long for her to escape Moreau's grasp and flee to the south, making her home in Taiwan. Eventually, her hunting skills and ruthless willingness to follow up on bounties made her internationally (in)famous."

So she's claws-based in her moves, and will probably be getting a respec in the near future (has absolutely nothing to do with the possibility of new claw moves coming out at all, I swear.) In the meantime, though, there are a few things I should state:
    • Dragon's Claws? Forget everything you loved about it. It's no more effective than any of the other dragon moves now, because the +50% severity bonus is actually curbed heavily if you have high base severity (100 or more).
    • On the other hand, the combination of Viper's Fangs -> Tiger's Bite is pretty damn lethal. Also helped by the fact that Viper's Fangs isn't a bad combo attack in itself. Pretty good bursts reliably generated like once every 2 seconds, but they're not quite as strong as what Single Blade can potentially put out.
    UtUQ44g.png
    Ferrodactyl

Kind of cross-posted, Ferrodactyl here is a robot pterodactyl, who uses the strange combination of the Socrates helmet with the Mechanical Beast head.

By the time you read this, Mentorr will likely have a bio.

edited September 2013
    9JM9ZJQ.png
    Alkaline Aegis Recolor
    After padding him up a bit more with arm and leg accessories and changing his color around (since copper brown didn't seem to catch on), I have just realized how much glowing **** is on this guy.
    More than anything else, I have no clue how I should color this armor. Current look's kind of militaristic, but the backstory is that he constructed the armor from ruined parts in a car factory. Might make him look more scrappy later.
    S0CRN84.png
    Ghost Writer
    My first AT character; a void. The challenge here was to make an outfit that would look okay both when using Shadow Form, and when not using it (more than anything, that meant I was kept from using any of the cool fake-skin trickery I usually use in a lot of outfits. Also, that actually might have meant using more white colors, since a guy dressed in all white suddenly turning jet black is pretty striking, but I digress. That's hindsight, and this creepy looking guy is crappy. He also probably should've been a freeform, since one of the things I could've done is use a humidity dome to make him transparent, and that usually requires a crapton of high equilibrium.
    OWSL833.jpg
    The Skyfoogle

The only thing I've made recently that I'm actually proud of, and not because it's actually a well-made outfit from a standpoint of color or concept. More so, the fact that i discovered that the Socrates chestpiece has really weird scaling - increasing bodymass and shoulder size causes the area around the neck of this part to flare up to crazy sizes. Basically, this means that headless-looking characters can be a thing, as well as slightly better looking 'torso-is-the-head' things, like this terrifying Skyfoogle here.

• benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Skyfoogle made me laugh. :biggrin:

So what's with recent pieces having weird scaling? I don't have the socrates chest yet, but I know the gladiator shoulders scale more with chest width than shoulders. Craziness.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited September 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    Skyfoogle made me laugh. :biggrin:

So what's with recent pieces having weird scaling? I don't have the socrates chest yet, but I know the gladiator shoulders scale more with chest width than shoulders. Craziness.

I think the Cryptic North team has just required some adjustment to handling the weird skeletal structures and scaling possibilities of Champs characters. Nonetheless, in this case, it's kind of a welcome break from the norm.

Except with the female version, where they somehow were unable to figure out how to make it properly scale with breast size, so anyone wearing that chestpiece ends up stupidly busty.

Anyway, cards.
    wmcZl5W.png
    "Pioneering Biological Engineers of Thaar asked the question - how were we conceived? When the theory that the evolution of the Thaarian Bird-People was initiated by an alien force, they were determined to test the theory. Whitehammer was the result of these genetic tests, creating an evolved horse hybrid. Though strong and swift on the ground, the hybrid proved of little use to the airborne soldiers of Thaar, and thus Whitehammer was abandoned in the deserts of Texas. He's now the sidekick to Pistoljack."

Yeah, yeah, it's this freakin horse again. Heavy Weapon Berserker Build - I tried to tailor the build to transform a defensive passive into the most outright offensive keep-attacking-constantly style. That in mind, Regen might be the embodiment of this - no need to stop attacking to heal, and it works best when you're not blocking. I think the problem that I ran into while testing the build, though, was that HW's damage output (or at least brimstone's damage output) was too low to really grab enemy attention.

6qOrv7z.png
    "Arbalest is the result of a prolific and dark lineage of genetic selection. Initiated by Erik Alsdoref, an Austrian biologist that worked with the likes of Goebbels to essentially formulate false data, he was repulsed by the propogandistic agenda of Germany's reign, but was nonetheless infatuated by the prospect of a 'perfect human'.

In the following years, he concluded that the key to perfection lay not in specialization, but diversity - phenomenons of hybrid vigor and environmental study lead him on his slow trek around the world to sample and synthesize gametes, eventually breeding the hero that would grow to become Arbalest. Swift, sharp, and sinewy, Arbalest is a force to be reckoned with, but he remains reluctant about his biological origins."

A quarry-archery tank. Actually, many of the aspects of the Archery set make it ideal for a tank, when you think about what a tank is supposed to actually do: Not to actually kill the target as fast as possible, but to hit the widest number of targets to grab their attention, while also slowing them down with debuffs (mainly damage-output debuffs). Between its extreme range and a plethora of moves that aim specifically to slow targets down (gas arrow and storm of arrows come to mind), combined with the excellent dodge stacking the set can do, what Archery's really made to do becomes that much more clear to me.

Essentially, that makes him the complete opposite of Whitehammer - whereas horse dude aims to be a defensive passive DPS guy and/or a tank that does really high damage, Arbalest aims to be an offensive passive tank, and/or a tank that does slightly higher than average damage.

• chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyway, cards.
    wmcZl5W.png
    "Pioneering Biological Engineers of Thaar asked the question - how were we conceived? When the theory that the evolution of the Thaarian Bird-People was initiated by an alien force, they were determined to test the theory. Whitehammer was the result of these genetic tests, creating an evolved horse hybrid. Though strong and swift on the ground, the hybrid proved of little use to the airborne soldiers of Thaar, and thus Whitehammer was abandoned in the deserts of Texas. He's now the sidekick to Pistoljack."

Yeah, yeah, it's this freakin horse again. Heavy Weapon Berserker Build - I tried to tailor the build to transform a defensive passive into the most outright offensive keep-attacking-constantly style. That in mind, Regen might be the embodiment of this - no need to stop attacking to heal, and it works best when you're not blocking. I think the problem that I ran into while testing the build, though, was that HW's damage output (or at least brimstone's damage output) was too low to really grab enemy attention.

Interesting use of the headgear. But that unarmored look, with the bare chest and skimpy loincloth, on a horse-man... Considering some of the artists I've met, it reminds me of some of their work - the sort unpostable on this kind of site. Ever heard of a guy named Gideon Hoss, Mr Bluhman? Because that unarmored one looks a hell of a lot like something he'd do.
    edited September 2013
    Interesting use of the headgear. But that unarmored look, with the bare chest and skimpy loincloth, on a horse-man... Considering some of the artists I've met, it reminds me of some of their work - the sort unpostable on this kind of site. Ever heard of a guy named Gideon Hoss, Mr Bluhman? Because that unarmored one looks a hell of a lot like something he'd do.

The character design went through a few iterations, initially starting as a conan-the-barbarian elf/gryphon guy. The horse influence came up when I saw a fairly well-made unicorn outfit by someone else (using a completely different setup for the head, but still very recognizable.) Eventually the modifications of the design lead to this thing.

But now I will google this thing you have mentioned.

I regret googling this thing you have mentioned.

edited September 2013
    I gotta say that I am in love with Arbalest, its a brilliant concept, both power-wise and costume-wise.

Great job!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    But now I will google this thing you have mentioned.

I regret googling this thing you have mentioned.

Mwahahahahah.
  • honkhillhonkhill Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've been interested in using shadow form with certain costume colors myself, but it's still a WIP just to get an actual look right. I like the skirt part melding with Ghost Dude's jacket at least.

I'm also interested in this regen-berserker build, you still having trouble with the damage?
    Catch me as '@Rotundo' in game
    edited September 2013
    honkhill wrote: »
    I've been interested in using shadow form with certain costume colors myself, but it's still a WIP just to get an actual look right. I like the skirt part melding with Ghost Dude's jacket at least.

I'm also interested in this regen-berserker build, you still having trouble with the damage?

Real key to understanding how shadow form affects outfits is that it basically turns the first color shade on all your costume pieces (minus skintone, I believe) to pitch black. So if you use any tights patterns that have dramatically different color assignments (even if the resulting color sections match up/are masked with same color slottings), shadow form instantaneously makes them blatantly visible.

Real key to doing a sort of 'berserker' build I'm describing can be summed up as these components:
    • Strength Primary, Constitution Secondary - Probably has the best mix of offense and defense available to it.
    • Guardian/Vindicator Spec - Guardian, in particular, because it has access to retribution, which is basically a minor active offense that can be triggered by being hit.
    From there you'd basically build a melee character that uses enrage. Passive becomes a preference on whether you want to be more tanky (regen or defiance or something - less care needed, but less maximal potential for damage) or more outright damaging (wotw - much more damaging, but more easily overwhelmed). In either of these cases you're going to want to rebalance Str/Con to focus more on outright killing or damage resistance.

edited September 2013
    Real key to understanding how shadow form affects outfits is that it basically turns the first color shade on all your costume pieces (minus skintone, I believe) to pitch black. So if you use any tights patterns that have dramatically different color assignments (even if the resulting color sections match up/are masked with same color slottings), shadow form instantaneously makes them blatantly visible.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this... got a visual reference or something?
    edited September 2013
    Enter the tailor and check the colors on any costume piece. See the first color on the far left? That color turns jet black when Shadow Form turns on. And it applies for all costume parts.

MORE STUFF.
    DHID2bJ.png
    Impasto Redesign
    So as you might've picked up on some of the few old-character costumes that've been scattered around recently, I've been going through a lot of my old characters and updating their equipment and basically turning them into death machines. While I'm at that, sometimes I update their look a bit.
    Impasto here got a look change mainly because her secondary travel power, Hyper Ball, completely screws up capes. Also, IC, she's supposed to move sort of like a gymnast, and wearing like a million capes doesn't coincide with that sort of combat style.
    Got both buttcape and non-cape versions for when I want to look more fancy and when I want to roll around in combat.
    Truthfully, designing outfits for Impasto is really hard, since there's not many pieces out there with good gradient settings, and usually the only colors I can use for the actual clothing are white and black.
    m5ISmyB.png
    Madre Mech
    I bought that stupid shark helmet for 1700G. I do not regret it, because it's like the best thing that could happen to a guy who likes making japanish looking things. Like this weird mech girl.
    mlXCHgI.png
    Derp Chameleon
    Or a goofy reptile mascot dude. Let me reiterate, I spent 1700G to make mechs, ultraman ripoffs, and really goofy looking chameleons. I do not regret this decision for some reason.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mlXCHgI.png
    Derp Chameleon
    Or a goofy reptile mascot dude. Let me reiterate, I spent 1700G to make mechs, ultraman ripoffs, and really goofy looking chameleons. I do not regret this decision for some reason.

Best spend 1700G!
    LOmuthafunkinL!
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1

The Derp Chameleon is so worth one thousand seven hundred globals.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited September 2013
    mlXCHgI.png
    Derp Chameleon

You added the pupils and tongue in Photoshop, didn't you?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if Bluhman managed to find an awesome way to do that without photoshop.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Guys, just piping in as a 3rd party impartial observer for evidence.

I saw Bluhman at Flare's Final CC, entering as a Dragon Familiar, using a similar face.

It is NOT Photoshopped. The eyes and tongue are as is in-game.

I think that costume alone earned him back 1,000G. See? Totally worth it.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you just have to mess around with proportions and see how costume pieces interact. Like he has an eye accessory that clips the shark mask and if I had to guess, the tongue might actually be the skin clipping the mask as well.

I know I have had such fun with the shark mask as well.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sweet jesus, Derp Chameleon is amazing...

Insert angry comment about that helmet being overpriced/available only in lockboxes here.
    edited October 2013
    The bad news is that it's all downhill from here. Yaaay

GfIA8sS.png
    "A cosmically powered, former Djinn, she was a mischievous and deceitful spirit, enslaved to her lamp for eons to do the bidding of various masters that were able to find her. However, one fortunate treasure hunter eventually grew to empathize with her situation, and used their wish to set her free. The deed was done, but it left the djinn without most of her power. Now re-evaluating her situation, she has decided to use her remaining power to help those in need, and hopefully regain a bit of what she's lost."

Super DoT-based controller build. Actually, it's based off of Cyrone's Calamity build, which lives up to the thread title. Of course, it takes a looong while for it to really get rolling, but after hitting around level 20, it pretty much steamrolls everything in its way.
    Jann was really damn difficult to design - she has not two, but three different palettes, none of which I can make up my mind on. The third one has dark skin, but is a bit glitchy since the fake-skin used on the upper body doesn't fully match the tone featured elsewhere.

8Dj7Cfm.png
    "An ironic name indeed for a young lady with no sympathy left for anything. She was the first successful subject to survive a heart transplant involving a fully synthetic pump. While this does make her cardiovascular system unbelievably efficient, a programming glitch in the pump makes it so that her heart rate is unable to change, locking her in a permanent state of dull awareness. A combination of subconscious hateful emotions welling up, combined with her horrendous insomnia lead her to become psychopathic."

Every build I've used Gauntlet Chainsaw on has been some sort of sci-fi thing. Like, for some reason, whenever I build it in, it ends up being the AoE equivalent to Laser Sword. Simply because they have roughly the same amount of energy uptake. Well, this is an exception, because Bleeding Heart here uses it alongside bleed-inflicting blades and machine guns.

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh Bluhman, your Costumes and Characters are simply fantastic, I'm in love with your creativity and Horde of ALTs!

Also LOL for the Luigi Avatar, now I know that you are either fan of Retsupurae or you just happen to come acrros that Creepy Pasta :wink: This will explain Everything
    mlXCHgI.png
    Derp Chameleon

That's ADORABLE!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So many cool designs. Derp Chameleon is just awesome and cute.

Amazing.

• vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The bad news is that it's all downhill from here. Yaaay

GfIA8sS.png
    "A cosmically powered, former Djinn, she was a mischievous and deceitful spirit, enslaved to her lamp for eons to do the bidding of various masters that were able to find her. However, one fortunate treasure hunter eventually grew to empathize with her situation, and used their wish to set her free. The deed was done, but it left the djinn without most of her power. Now re-evaluating her situation, she has decided to use her remaining power to help those in need, and hopefully regain a bit of what she's lost."

Super DoT-based controller build. Actually, it's based off of Cyrone's Calamity build, which lives up to the thread title. Of course, it takes a looong while for it to really get rolling, but after hitting around level 20, it pretty much steamrolls everything in its way.
    Jann was really damn difficult to design - she has not two, but three different palettes, none of which I can make up my mind on. The third one has dark skin, but is a bit glitchy since the fake-skin used on the upper body doesn't fully match the tone featured elsewhere.

You know, it's kinda scary. I just saw this, and guess what I made only yesterday?

genie.png

Another genie. Interesting to see how they're both different and the same.

Even using some of the same pieces.

*edited to note* I like the human skin color best of the two shown. That's a beautiful face, really.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mlXCHgI.png
    Derp Chameleon

With that costume and color scheme, you can make a clone of Zac from League of Legends. xD
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited October 2013
    vendince wrote: »
    You know, it's kinda scary. I just saw this, and guess what I made only yesterday?

Another genie. Interesting to see how they're both different and the same.

Even using some of the same pieces.

*edited to note* I like the human skin color best of the two shown. That's a beautiful face, really.

That's also a great genie character. It makes me realize what I forgot to include on my design - ear details! Oh well, the hair mostly gets in the way of that to begin with.
    pYTl4Zt.png
    Jann - 3rd color
    The third colorscheme she uses. This one doesn't use one of those fancy fake-skin tricks, since I can't get the shades of tights/skin to match properly.
    MtW9Xz7.png
    Emperor
    Test character I made to see what things I could do with shorty legs. The initial design of this robot had minimum height legs, maximum body mass and height - he was only as tall as the default male model. This verison here also has quite short legs, and also shows off another weird feature CN decided to throw in - symmetrical ball hands!

aaaaand...
    RcDxwrn.png
    "Practitioner of demonic magics, Black Ice was a mysterious polish prophet who had foretold of disastrous ice demon attacks on our world. Of course, this was back in 1989, and nobody believed her. So instead of just letting it happen, she decided she'd try to swing the scales in her favor - why keep them around if they wouldn't listen, anyway? She made a pact with the ice demons and clandestinely drove them to attack northern European cities. Then people began to believe what she had foretold, and asked for her help. And then she made the demons go away, and became a hero, even though she was a supervillain to begin with."

Disregard that horribly written backstory up there. She's an Ice Tank, whom I can't seem to make up my mind on whether she's a magician or not. I don't know why, but I find Ice concepts really damn hard to do - A mutant that just sort of uses ice is boring and archtypical. A person who uses an ice tech suit or something just ends up being kind of like Mr. Freeze, and ice mystic things tend to all look frosty and stuff - not that Black Ice up there doesn't. In retrospect, I probably should've tried making it a character that flings around crystallization growths or something.

• vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You calling my design great is a compliment of the highest order, really. As for the lack of ear details, differing tastes. If I changed her hair, the ear details would be pointless anyway, due to being hidden behind the hair. But I rather like ponytails.

I like both Black Ice and Emperor. He really looks massive.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So, anything I should keep in mind for that fake skin trick?
    edited November 2013
    DmPGwJQ.png
    "An eccentric millionaire and master brain surgeon from Hamburg (the latter being a cause for the former), he was unfortunately riddled with a bizarre disease that begin to wear at his mind in his later years. He had spent some time looking for help in trying to cure himself, but his hubris and fear of incompetence in his fellow colleagues lead him to isolation - and soon, madness. The disease rapidly developing and driving him to mania, he became convinced the answer laid inside the heads of others, and he became a masked killer - donning his familiar cloak and mask and taking victims by surprise.

While he did hastily check his victims' brains, he found nothing to help him, and his desparation worsened. In a final stroke of 'genius', he performed his final operation - by buying a Psionic transplantation machine, he was able to transfer his consciousness and memories into masses of larvae and flies that had developed in the corpses he had collected over the months. Now, Pestarzt is a grotesque, disguised anthropomorphic mass of flies. Still seemingly human from the outside and giddy and maniacal as ever, he delights in nothing more than being able to continue his craft without risk of death."

Chain-based infernal. Also, he's strange in that I decided to try out a completely new power with him: Resurrection Serum with Reanimator. He's a scientific necromancer who injects bodies of people he's killed to produce zombies!

His mask and hat combination is created using the Simian beast head - the hat is a 'custom head gear' item, while the plague doctor mask is a standard head gear item.
    voI5N3p.png
    Mermaid Test

An attempt to make a mermaid-like character: Very short legs, very long and big tail. It actually looks quite good when walking around in beast stance, and flying. Ironically enough, it actually looks horrible while swimming. Also, these shots are probably not the best ones to really show it at its best.

There's also an alternate version of this that uses prosthetic legs instead of weird vestigial/fin ones shown here. In any case, I just wish there was some way to remove those stupid legs!

• bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A nice new character as usual Bluhman, and interesting attempting at a mermaid. Oh, I've seen you a few times in game but keep forgetting to say hi XD.
    Love Pestarzt, was trying something similiar myself. May i ask how you were abe to use the mask with a hat?
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He detailed it in Pestarzt's description, but to recap, he used the simian head from the beastial heads.
    That's what i get from just looking at the pretty pictures, thx mate.
    edited February 2014
    UPDATE? WHAAT!?

I've been holding off this whole time since I wasn't pleased with any of the potential poses/locales I could get. Then I realized I probably put way too much effort into sharing my costumes to begin with anyway and so bit the bullet and took pictures in whatever areas.

OGwA4o1.png
    "Inventor and Soldier, Phoenixblade originally existed in a strange online virtual shell known as Calulation Hub and Reticulation Appelet: Seraphim (or CHARAS for short.) The shell he served in operated similarly to a virtual world, with its inhabitants treating it just like one would treat real life.

Phoenixblade, however, began to grow aware of some of the limits of his world, and soon started a solo revolution against his own program. Breaking free of the code, he sent a powerful electromagnetic pulse through his server, shocking the nearest maintenance worker and blowing out the system. Now having basically stolen said worker's body, he has gotten notoriety for becoming a masterful inventor and combatant, having performed extensive modifications on his own body to match his virtual appearance, and crafting his own weapon of choice, from where his namesake originally came."

PB here was made to try out the new combo-based laser sword attacks in the game. Here's a tip: Stick to normal stuff. It's very slow and methodical - but admittedly kind of fun, because I keep finding myself going out of my way with this character to beat up random mobs, which is something that doesn't occur often on other characters I use. Still, he's not very effective.

j5KoUT6.png
    "A medieval scholar from France found out about a millennia-long conspiracy by an occult German cabal to raze and conquer the world. Said plan would take hundreds of years to carry out, and feeling a compulsion to try and stop them, he searched for a way to extend his own life - learning how to craft effigies, and transfer his own life to them. Over the years of his life he became more and more skilled in both the command of magic, and his craftsmanship. He soon became renowned for becoming the crafter of some of the most detailed Gargoyles for French cathedrals - as well as the gargoyles themselves."

Beast/Earth build. More important was to see what I could do visually using auras, as his gargoyle form on the right prominently displays the Earth Aura. If only it didn't go over clothing as well.

• lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    UPDATE? WHAAT!?

I've been holding off this whole time since I wasn't pleased with any of the potential poses/locales I could get. Then I realized I probably put way too much effort into sharing my costumes to begin with anyway and so bit the bullet and took pictures in whatever areas.

OGwA4o1.png
    "Inventor and Soldier, Phoenixblade originally existed in a strange online virtual shell known as Calulation Hub and Reticulation Appelet: Seraphim (or CHARAS for short.) The shell he served in operated similarly to a virtual world, with its inhabitants treating it just like one would treat real life.

Phoenixblade, however, began to grow aware of some of the limits of his world, and soon started a solo revolution against his own program. Breaking free of the code, he sent a powerful electromagnetic pulse through his server, shocking the nearest maintenance worker and blowing out the system. Now having basically stolen said worker's body, he has gotten notoriety for becoming a masterful inventor and combatant, having performed extensive modifications on his own body to match his virtual appearance, and crafting his own weapon of choice, from where his namesake originally came."

PB here was made to try out the new combo-based laser sword attacks in the game. Here's a tip: Stick to normal stuff. It's very slow and methodical - but admittedly kind of fun, because I keep finding myself going out of my way with this character to beat up random mobs, which is something that doesn't occur often on other characters I use. Still, he's not very effective.

Alright.. okay..

You got me Bluhman.

This new guy is now my favourite. XD Love the costume! o3o
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the best costume thread on the forums. Some amazingly creative work Bluhman!
    Glad you like it, dudes.

Now for something weird.
    F9rr41E.png

"One of the less respected heroines in the business, The Mastiff initially was a very troubled lovebird; always prone to paranoia and jealousy. She had been in relationships with many others, none of which ended well. The pressure eventually drove her over the edge, and she became addicted to a low, street-grade version of VIPER's draysha, which ended up irrevocably warping her face and muscular structure. Since then, she's had to resort to odd jobs to get by. When she found out just how far she could push her strength, though, she decided to become a dedicated superhero - wielding barbed chains, Mastiff is wretched, but powerful. Though only human (though she'd be inclined to call herself below that), Mastiff has an incredible tolerance for punishment."

I don't know, I just stumbled upon a weird mask combination I found sort of cool (gas mask and dino-jaw), and made a redblack costume around it. I really need advice on how to liven up the color scheme somehow... Of course the fact that I kind of feel the design isn't done begs the question as to why I even decided to post this here in the first place, so alskdgha

edited March 2014
    That is damn creative. I would never have dreamed of something like that being viable.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad you like it, dudes.

Now for something weird.
    F9rr41E.png

"One of the less respected heroines in the business, The Mastiff initially was a very troubled lovebird; always prone to paranoia and jealousy. She had been in relationships with many others, none of which ended well. The pressure eventually drove her over the edge, and she became addicted to a low, street-grade version of VIPER's draysha, which ended up irrevocably warping her face and muscular structure. Since then, she's had to resort to odd jobs to get by. When she found out just how far she could push her strength, though, she decided to become a dedicated superhero - wielding barbed chains, Mastiff is wretched, but powerful. Though only human (though she'd be inclined to call herself below that), Mastiff has an incredible tolerance for punishment."

I don't know, I just stumbled upon a weird mask combination I found sort of cool (gas mask and dino-jaw), and made a redblack costume around it. I really need advice on how to liven up the color scheme somehow... Of course the fact that I kind of feel the design isn't done begs the question as to why I even decided to post this here in the first place, so alskdgha

Huh, that helmet actually looks really awesome. Good combination o.o *Thumbs up*
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited April 2014
    Feel free to use that combination by the way. Might make for a good pig mask or something? Who knows.

ZALAWRg.png
    "Originally the ghost of an elf from ages long past, Hestiae was granted a body and the ability to wield fire magic by the Greek Gods, Hestia and Hephaestus. These sorts of deals always come at some kind of hidden catch - and in Hestiae's case, its that she also has to put up with a really annoying fire demon all the time that pesters her about how cold and not-on-fire mortal earth is. Still, they manage to get along and she does put his firepower to use."

A fire summoner build, which uses primarily the Ebon Ritual, Pyromancer Blades, and Firesnake to do some damage. Back that up with some light fire skills and some Ebon Destruction, and this hopefully is a damaging pet build.

hXHtBHa.png
    "A bluebird that lived in vietnam first learned to speak, then read an anthology of Shakespeare's greatest works. He was then somehow bitten by said book after it turned out to be some sort of radioactive mimic? I dunno, he was then imbued with the powers of literature and also being the size of a human. Lo and behold, the Flappy Bard was born, and he spread his song and dance all across Vietnam. Where almost no one spoke english and just got annoyed by his completely incomprehensible rambling, so they exiled him to Millennnium City. He was promptly run over by a Purple Gang truck upon arriving. He's dead. Alas poor flappy bard."

I really need to stop making stupid characters as a tradition for april fools.