test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lose the silver G cap

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Seriously needs to go and I have selfish reasons for wanting it gone theres not enough fellow gold players in this game I am no longer able to sell my Dinos for 1000g to brainless people anymore , if the cap is removed I can continue to fleece idiots in the manner I am used to.

Yours sincerely.

A concerned egotist.
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its your fault for not accepting their worthless keys.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its your fault for not accepting their worthless keys.

Keys dont put DEATH RAYS on the table.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd ask if you're sure the problem's not that we're running out of brainless people to sell dinos to...

But I don't think that'll ever happen.
    edited September 2013
    They do if you're Cryptic about it. Doho!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nepht wrote: »

"Maybe not for you."

-- Jack Emmert
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seriously needs to go and I have selfish reasons for wanting it gone theres not enough fellow gold players in this game I am no longer able to sell my Dinos for 1000g to brainless people anymore , if the cap is removed I can continue to fleece idiots in the manner I am used to.

Yours sincerely.

A concerned egotist.

Agreed. Or at least some way to increase the G cap via purchase. I have a Therakiel's Sword, among other things, that needs to be sold but I'd hate to sell it for only 250 G. :frown:
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lestylo wrote: »
    Agreed. Or at least some way to increase the G cap via purchase. I have a Therakiel's Sword, among other things, that needs to be sold but I'd hate to sell it for only 250 G. :frown:

Brilliant! Simply Briliant!

Cryptic Studios: They want to be able to hold more money.
    Perfect World: Hmm..How about...we let them spend money, for the ability to hold more money??
    Cryptic Studios: .....It's so crazy that it might actually work! Brilliant!!

brilliant.jpg
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We've been tossing this idea around for a while now, but I really don't think they want our money.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2013
    As long as people are using keys as a form of currency, Cryptic do not care.
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As long as people are using keys as a form of currency, Cryptic do not care.

Except its not a viable form of currency. And its value of 100g has skewed the market value of high end items to terrible extents. They keys being used as a form of currency can only hold up if the lockbox rewards stay a trend and stay sustainable. The more items from the lockbox that flood the market devalues the key, but even worse people undercutting 100g for quick gold profit devalue the gold market. All the while questionite prices fluctuate like gasoline, leaving themselves as the only means for silver players to acquire a key at a decent amount of time and effort. With those prices for Zen rising and the rising demand for these higher end items that go out of circulation or stock, we end up having shortages of high end items raising the cost for the seller substantially, and if the seller happens to be silver he has to play back into the system and accept keys shifty price scale as a form of temporary credit.

This form of currency is not sustainable in its current state. Gold will always need to have more value and hold a true value in comparison to item demand and trade. Less silver players on the market with their rare items because we play a game where the items you earn can be achieved without monetary price gating. They don't throw their items on the market due to fear of not earning enough for the value of the item.

Having to resell these keys for gold ends up delaying the market and hurting constant player trade.

While cryptic makes the most money from this form of in game economics, we suffer over the long run.
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And they've already shown it can be done: STO has a one-time purchase to remove the free-player cap for your account. So, Cryptic either can't do it because of how CO's accounts are set up...or won't because they lack the manpower.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
    edited September 2013
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    While cryptic makes the most money from this form of in game economics, we suffer over the long run.
    I know that keys aren't viable or healthy replacement for currency.

I know that it also invites scam and in the long run only butchers more an already dying game economy.

Nobody sane can say that current state of things is healthy.

I'm just cynical.

Because neither Cryptic nor PWE cares. Players aren't any focus for them.

As long as the game can be milked with key sales, they're fine.
    edited September 2013
    A one time fee to increase their in game money cap OR a necessary repeatable purchase of keys to buy expensive things from other players?

They may add a resource cap increase when key purchases die out.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    Brilliant! Simply Briliant!

Cryptic Studios: They want to be able to hold more money.
    Perfect World: Hmm..How about...we let them spend money, for the ability to hold more money??
    Cryptic Studios: .....It's so crazy that it might actually work! Brilliant!!

brilliant.jpg

Lolz you never heard of Eve Online?
    some game!?

But getting back to the OP
    Agreed ditch the 250 limit it is meaningless now.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    And they've already shown it can be done: STO has a one-time purchase to remove the free-player cap for your account. So, Cryptic either can't do it because of how CO's accounts are set up...or won't because they lack the manpower.

It's a....tech issue.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »

1292-xzibit.jpg
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah make it so that silvers can buy a resource limit remover for, say, 500G.
    biffsig.jpg
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah make it so that silvers can buy a resource limit remover for, say, 500G.

Damnit smacks, there goes my soda again.

I have to stop reading the forums with you guys around...
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Agreed.

When I was Silver, I wanted this.

I still want it now as a LTS.

As far as Cryptic making more money the way things are now....I doubt it. Increasing their gold cap means giving them the ability to buy Zen items for Globals, which means there is more of a market for them, which means people will actually buy them from Cryptic.

I see that economy working fine in other games that offer a micro-transaction model alongside their paid subscription model, so I cannot see a reason why CO shouldn't as well - aside from the dev time it would take away from creating more lockbox fodder.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    STO already has a service option in the Zen Store for increasing the energy credit limit (their version of CO's global/national/local resources), right?

So why not add it here?
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Like most gold players I also have a silver one and it would make my life so much easier if I could just buy a better G limit on that account. I would be able to move my G about more easily. Today specifically ._.

*either that or have an tab to allow other @tags use your hideout that way both accounts could use the hideouts ive bought ^_^
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They will if they are the keys to the DEATH RAY Vault. :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Yours sincerely.

A concerned egotist.

what Dinos?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Yours sincerely.

A concerned egotist.

Trade for 10 keys. Sell keys for 100g each. Go buy yor defray. Perfit.

I am probably the only silver player in the game who is against them raising the resource cap.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Trade for 10 keys. Sell keys for 100g each. Go buy yor defray. Perfit.

I am probably the only silver player in the game who is against them raising the resource cap.

Point: This means I'd never sell anything to you. I'm in a large chunk of the player base that won't accept keys. Why? because when you try to sell em, some jerk always undercuts by at least 10 g. and why would I trade like the keys are worth 100 when you physically can't sell em for that much? Even putting em on AH gets me a fee, and there's no guarantee they'll move. It's just bad juju and therefore I want nothing to do with em.

You really shouldn't be against the g-cap increase. Keys are a bandaid. The G cap is a gunshot wound. These 2 things are not very well connected.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    STO already has a service option in the Zen Store for increasing the energy credit limit (their version of CO's global/national/local resources), right?

So why not add it here?

It would require them to pay more attention to this game than strictly necessary.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Point: This means I'd never sell anything to you. I'm in a large chunk of the player base that won't accept keys. Why? because when you try to sell em, some jerk always undercuts by at least 10 g. and why would I trade like the keys are worth 100 when you physically can't sell em for that much? Even putting em on AH gets me a fee, and there's no guarantee they'll move. It's just bad juju and therefore I want nothing to do with em.

You really shouldn't be against the g-cap increase. Keys are a bandaid. The G cap is a gunshot wound. These 2 things are not very well connected.

I've never actually run into one of you "I won't take keys as payment" people in game when I was trying to buy something, so clearly it's not a real issue.
    edited September 2013
    Ever wondered if you're probably the only person advocating for current state of things because nobody else is that mindless and delusional to think that having to use key instead of normal game currency is a good thing?

That's also something to consider. :cool:

It's called blind fanboyism. Kind of stockholm syndrome. Or just a deep lack of criticism.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You cant buy things in AH over the cap by using cosmic keys either, which is another reason to ditch the stupid cap to make AH more useful.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I've never actually run into one of you "I won't take keys as payment" people in game when I was trying to buy something, so clearly it's not a real issue.

Just because it hasn't affected you yet, doesn't mean it won't. If you're trying to sell anything to me, I'm not going to buy keys to give you for it.

I honestly don't understand arguing against something that'll give you and everyone like you more flexibility and freedom. How would a g-cap increase hurt you? And if it wouldn't and so many people want one, why would you argue it? And I know you're more "it doesn't affect me", but it really does. The auction house, winning high-cash value costume contests, trades with a pretty nice chunk of the population, there are a lot of reasons why having a higher g cap is a good idea. And if it doesn't? You can totally feel free not to buy the increase.

Personally, though, I think it should be automatic after you've spent 10-15 bucks on the z-store. Incentives for purchase are awesome.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine