test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume designers wanted!

djwinzadjwinza Posts: 60 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Ok, so if anyone is following my thread from the discussion section, I am going to start making videos of CO. I don't intend to actually make my own costumes though because I want to be able to say who designed each costume my toon uses. I have about 20+ costume slots per character and plenty of room to put in at least 1 per designer.

If you would like your user name to be mentioned on my videos, please donate a costume file!

PS: I'll be running a bare bones challenge where the only items I ever use will be enemy drops or mission rewards. I won't be saving any money or buying any items. All items I am not using directly, will be thrown out or tossed to winners of little trivia questions I pose each video if I can think anything up... Maybe Thundrax could help me out with some lore questions to ask...?
Post edited by djwinza on

Comments

• cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Um... ok.

So what do you want us to design?:redface:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From what I'm understanding, he would like someone to design a disciple outfit.

I'll whip up something after I get home from work.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• blakewoodblakewood Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I checked a youtube video to check if there were any auras I should be aware of when designing the costume. Apparently the disciple has a pink aura when their powers are active, so having a color scheme that works is a bit difficult. Instead of trying to go with a psychic approach to the costume I went with a tech approach. Essentially psychic powers enhanced by technology, or given a boost. I wanted to use cybernetic parts for this, but instead decided to just use what a new person to the game might have, and this is the result. Link for costume is below. I'm not sure how to share actual files, over the forum.

Disciples first armor

I call it the first armor because its meant to look like it was cobbled together, or has been patched up a number of times. The color scheme is a bit darker in hopes of complimenting the pink aura of the archtypes powers, instead of fighting against it. In hypotheses the aura should bring the pink on the helmet out, making it look like its glowing. At least that is what I'm hoping will happen.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's mine!

He's supposed to be sort of mutant thingie with a bit of Nightcrawler influence. I'm not the best with male characters, soooo... I MIGHT HAVE borrowed one of Bluhman's templates... ._.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    9ccq.jpg

I went tech. I was trying to go for something light and sleek, since tk blades is such a mobile set. Obviously, replace the yellow with whatever color you intend the blades to be, I liked the idea that the suit was infused with power which manifested in your blades.

Also, this is the first time I've done a costume request kinda deal. It was fun, I should do it more often. :)
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Costume_Vizzone_NoName_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432269295.jpg

You weren't especially specific about what you wanted, so I made a psychic alien triclops. I was attempting to make the V and shoulders in the tights area appear like they were skin (that's why he's albino), but I'm not sure the effect went very well. You also can't see his PSI shoulder pads and bracers, since I set those to the deepest black possible. When he gets his passive and enters combat, those will seem to appear from nowhere. A very neat costume trick.

Oh, and feel free to change the pink to something else. I picked it because it's the standard Psychic color.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think the lack of specificity is bringing out the best in diversity here, because I ended up designing a mage-swordsman dude.

Costume_Bluhman_SrdMage_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432191788_zpsa9b517a0.jpg

Designed entirely out of silver/non-unlocked costume pieces (as far as I know).
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited September 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    You weren't especially specific about what you wanted, so I made a psychic alien triclops.

Only on champions is this a phrase that someone can utter and nobody would bat an eye.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vizzone wrote: »
    You weren't especially specific about what you wanted, so I made a psychic alien triclops.
    Taco's right. This should be a pull quote for advertising, assuming this game ever gets advertising.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    9ccq.jpg

Sorry to derail a bit but I really like this one! Nice job Chalupa! Seems you have a knack for armored toons. *thumbs up*

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I decided to run with the name and design a medieval era Disciple. He was one of the closest disciples to a powerful King who unlocked his telekinetic potential through study and sorcery. That King then shared this power with his followers and together they grew into a powerful nation, but also a peaceful one as they were the wisest of any humans during that time.

screenshot_2013-09-12-18-37-39.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-12-18-39-24.jpg

Costume File Image:

Costume_CaptainCooltastic_CaptainCooltastic_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_432340219.jpg
  • djwinzadjwinza Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, so, folks, I am an idiot. Thank you, captcooltastic for pointing out that I'd opened this thread and totally forgot about it... Now I have at least 7 shows worth of costumes! I will be naming the costumes after the person who made it.

Oh, and Taco, and anyone else, theme and AT doesn't matter because frankly, I want to show what this costume creator is capable of :D
    edited September 2013
    Captain Cooltastic, you have made me cry a little... I don't have that back piece... I also had to buy the alien gladiator chest piece, but that was a small price to pay since that item is at least, still available.

Would you be ok with me using a PSI or Gadroon back piece in it's stead?
  • cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Your free to make whatever alterations you wish. I'm wasn't planning on doing anything with it myself, so it's all yours to tinker with.:smile:

PS: I wasn't even aware the Back Halo no longer dropped, how on Earth!? So much stuff needs to be brought back into the game!
    edited September 2013
    Ok, the first episode is out, and episode 2 will be made when I get home from work tonight. I posted a link for the first episode on the original thread, but I'll post one here too.

Enjoy!

Feel free to continue dropping costumes you'd like to see the toon wear. I intend to wear a different one every episode so I can show off the game's costume creator. There is NO base theme, don't even worry about the fact that he's a Disciple, weird, cool, scary, doesn't matter, though I am a fan of extremes.
    edited September 2013
    5 episodes in, I have all the costumes listed here and I really like all of them. I'm not sure what's become more fun with these videos, seeing the costumes you guys are willingly sending to me, getting the feedback about the videos or actually playing the game itself...

Keep up those costumes because I still want a new costume per each episode :D
    edited October 2013
    kharma23 wrote: »
    Sorry to derail a bit but I really like this one! Nice job Chalupa! Seems you have a knack for armored toons. *thumbs up*

Thanks! That costume actually started out because I'd never used the Samus-style shoulders. Wanted to challenge myself for this, and use a piece I'd never even considered previously. It actually turned out nicely enough that I almost didn't want to give it up. :D

Winza, I'll toss together another costume or 2 a bit later. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2013
    The more the merrier. In fact, if any of you want to make mo0re, I've got 11 people who have donated a costume each and guess that's good for now :D

Just finished uploading Episode 11 where I start Serpent Lantern on Expert... and die a lot...
  • foorox16foorox16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How do I donate a costume?? I've made a costume I love, and I'd like you to have it
    edited October 2013
    foorox16 wrote: »
    How do I donate a costume?? I've made a costume I love, and I'd like you to have it

Save your costume in the costume creator, look in your Champions Online files for "Screen Shots" and your costume will be saved in there. Simply upload it to an image hosting site of your choosing since these forums no longer have the option of uploading to them directly and link...

Maybe someone can be kind enough to make a better description of how to do that than I? I read over what I wrote and though I can't come up with a better way, my own writing confuses me...
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You need to be careful about where you upload it. Any site that renames the file or alters the metadata stored in the image (for example, Facebook recompresses the image data) will break the costume data.

I'm sorry, but I can't say which hosts are safe or not for costume files; my ISP provides free webspace, and I use that rather than image hosting sites.
    You can find the costume files at Champions Online > Live > screenshots, I have it pinned on my Windows Explorer.

I use the Champions Online Costume Renaming Tool to streamline the files to my naming system.

Then I upload to Photobucket, just be sure to turn off File Name Scrambling under Privacy Settings > Privacy.

Here's an example of how that all comes together.
    edited October 2013
    Challenge accepted.

tz2m.jpg

Also, stack con and use ego weaponry with siphoning strikes. When you crit (and you will) you get hp back for what you crit for. Ego surge stacks off con as well. Even early in the game, constitution is key for that archetype, and not mentioned anywhere. :D

I'd be willing to take this challenge too, if you don't mind me catching up. A team trying to run through throwing everything away might be easier, and I'll also play an archetype? :)
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2013
    Challenge accepted.

tz2m.jpg

Also, stack con and use ego weaponry with siphoning strikes. When you crit (and you will) you get hp back for what you crit for. Ego surge stacks off con as well. Even early in the game, constitution is key for that archetype, and not mentioned anywhere. :D

I'd be willing to take this challenge too, if you don't mind me catching up. A team trying to run through throwing everything away might be easier, and I'll also play an archetype? :)

I may use Con as my 4th stat, but about teaming... This is meant as a solo challenge. If you have Skype or something similar, I believe I could maybe do a different challenge with a duo of whatever ATs, frankly, I'd prefer the ATs because the freeforms do an excellent job being able to remove their own weaknesses through power choices... Then again, with enough people following it, we could do freeforms with powers voted on by viewers... Lots of possibilities... Hmmm...