test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level Caps #2

twilightj40twilightj40 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Okay, so I'm playing a mission with my level 40 character and the villains are level 41 and 42! WTH, if its some kind of challenge I understand that..

So there should be some kind of level cap, right?
Post edited by twilightj40 on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wrong.

Good thing you haven't met the lvl 43 mobs yet...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what's the problem? I notice I'm attacking things 3 levels higher than me from bout level 11.
    as long as you don't get a huge crowd, they aren't a problem.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've beat things in this game that've conned purple to me, so a 40 facing 41 and 42 level mobs shouldn't be much of a problem.
  • Options
    ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just don't go to the Mega D Invasion event, which should come soon. Fighting those Level 60! Mega D's.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I farm level 43 mods for level 40 purple secondaries and rank 5 mods.
    Good stuff.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just don't go to the Mega D Invasion event, which should come soon. Fighting those Level 60! Mega D's.

Don't forget that for some reason we will now have to face Level 60 Destroids + Skull level Minions.
  • Options
    guardiannexusguardiannexus Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013

PFF.

Just be glad they haven't bung out the Cryptonauts. Those guys could follow you into the powerhouse...
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Err yes there are level 41 - 43 mobs in some places. Shrugs I think it was there for a bit of additional challenge, you meet level 43s in Ruins of Andrith, Manwhatadragalore? and Apocalypse Aversion. Other than that they are restricted (mostly) to certain sections of Monster Island and Lemuria. Cept of course for that b*****d Lemurian Ionic Sorcerer that strays into the level 32/33 ish section of the Feral Tangle.
    There were some rumours a loooong time ago about going up to level 50, maybe these were going to be a part of that?

Like he said at least they drop decent stuff now and again.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    dragonmanx24dragonmanx24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope we get a level caps at lest to level 60 or 70 with new lands, costumes and powers soon but mostly level caps so that way we can improve our powers even more.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. The original level cap of CO was 50 but was rolled back to 40 due to content and time constraints.
    2. Raising the level cap in the current game is a horrible horrible horrible idea. It would only serve to further trivialize the already mostly trivial content. An Alternate Advancement System(Hey, NW Feywild just got something like this) would be a much much better option IMO because it would allow you to earn further customization of your hero without raising their level since there is almost no way that a ton of new shiny lvl 50 content is coming alongside with this. At this time it is simply an unrealistic expectation. Also, I'd argue that any level cap increase in a MMO is a bad design decision in this day and age since once you start, you kinda can't ever stop until you close the doors.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its totally normal in MMOs that there are Mobs that are higher level than the current character maximum. In EQ2 classic for example the hardest Dragon was 57 or 58 while character max was 50.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In CoH, there were level 54 Rikti all over the place on the Rikti Invasion map (forgot the name now). 54's were fairly common if you looked for them.

Here in CO, we should have more 41-43's and 44's too... that would be a sign of actual endgame right there!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think an entire area with enemies at level 45 or even 50 would be a great addition to the game. Not an event, but a lair or part of a map that simply much harder than the rest of the game.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Add a +2,5,10 lvl option to Mission "Difficulty" slider, when they add the +2,3,4,5 Team Size option (Full team size still would be 5).
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And give em good drops to match the increased difficulty.

In B4 keep the game easy because I hate challenges.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine