test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PA-Arc vs Tactical Missiles

greyarocksgreyarocks Posts: 21 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Power Discussion
Keep seeing builds with Lightning Arc in place of Tactical Missiles for single target damage. I really dont think the extra damage is there. First off Lightning Arc at least with my build is 300-600 damage while my Tactical Missiles are 430 a tap both are the same energy and both hit every .5s. Avg wise they both do the same damage Lightning Arc coming out a touch on top depending on crits. But the thing I dont get is yea you can Lightning Arc and Mini gun but I can Tactical Missile+mini gun+chest rockets(which add 700 damage a second(350 .5s) so Mini-Gun+300-600 damage every .5 seconds or Mini-Gun+430+350=780 every .5 seconds. Only downside I see is power use which can be fixed with most builds.

I'm I looking at this wrong?
Post edited by greyarocks on

Comments

• keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Keep in mind, using Lightning Arc with PA toggles requires use of an exploit. It's best not to rely on it because it might wind up getting fixed.

Plus, Lightning Arc and Tactical Missiles are apples and oranges. One is a maintain, one is a blast attack that can be tapped and charged and far more easily used with Power Armor. If you still want to choose, choose the one that fits your playstyle better.
  • greyarocksgreyarocks Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My point is why use an exploit just for inferior damage?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Depending on your passive, it might not be inferior damage. and some people just don't like the animation for tac missiles. Plus, lightning arc procs the power armor maintain-based energy unlock.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    some people just don't like the animation for tac missiles

These people are weird.

It would be nice if they'd fix those exploits, particularly TGM + Minigun.