test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help on new costume!

spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
Hey guys.

I've decided to give my secondary, Ebon Widow another go around in the costume tailor.

A lot of good suits have come out of that, but I'm experiencing problems trying to recreate a concept on CO

Here is the pic:

black-widow-marvel-cartoon-636.jpg

Now, I managed to get the gloves and bracers down pat, but the Boots and tights continue to elude me. I was thinking the CyberPunk/Chestwear combo with the chest being plated bands along with the leg tights being Sci Fi style.

I may be missing something but i'll pass this idea to you people to see if you can get something a little better.

Thanks to all who provide help! :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
Post edited by spiderdude4 on

Comments

• Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you trying to clone the costume? Because that will never happen. I also don't condone "cloning". If it's an obvious homage with it's own tweaks, that's cool. But you might want to play with some of the textures on the tights while using a solid color pattern. And Golden Age boots, the long ones. They have that fold at the top but hey, we aren't trying to be exact.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    benevon wrote: »
    Are you trying to clone the costume? Because that will never happen. I also don't condone "cloning". If it's an obvious homage with it's own tweaks, that's cool. But you might want to play with some of the textures on the tights while using a solid color pattern. And Golden Age boots, the long ones. They have that fold at the top but hey, we aren't trying to be exact.

Clone? No not at all!

I'm not using the exact stuff, different colors, different parts ect. I just want it to look similar to the concept.

As for the suggestion...The Golden Age Boots sound like they could work, regardless of the fold over. Thank you for the tips.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's the best I could come up with for you on this one.

Started with the Black Widow costume as a base and spun it into a darker ebon style. It should be able to give you a good enough idea on a starting point anyway. Lot's of stuff I tossed on it were just for flavor. For instance, the chest emblem looked like a fancy W(for Widow) to me. And the bracers might be going completely in the wrong direction for you, but I liked how they looked with the chest emblem.:tongue:

Here she is...

FRONT:

EbonWidowConceptFront.jpg

SIDE:

EbonWidowConceptSide.jpg

BACK:

EbonWidowConceptBack.jpg

Any questions about pieces being used feel free to ask.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Very nice design. I like it.

As for my widow, I may decide to use Benevon's advice and possibly certain parts of your design, given that Ebon Widow rarely uses that shade of purple :wink: I'm sure it will look good.

I'll be posting the result as soon as I get to it.

But if I may ask....What is that character emblem you're using underchicken? The one on her back I mean?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is that character emblem you're using underchicken? The one on her back I mean?

Tri Pendulum
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a model I made just now, Widowmaker:
    screenshot_2013-08-30-13-09-14.jpg?psid=1

She was among the last generation of children chosen for the Soviet Union's superspy program, trained to serve an empire that was already dissolving. Nonetheless, she was trained, and trained well, for a world that believes it no longer needs her kind.

Her costume was engineered by Soviet scientists to distract her opponents, giving her a millisecond advantage in combat, enhancing her battle effectiveness. Please note the hammer & sickle on her armband, from the Red Winter Alert.

I really like this, if you don't want her, let me know. I want to play her.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's my submission. Though I think I actually like Tiger's above better now. LOL

USjxpl0.png

0Y3IURc.png

QXlsTku.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is a model I made just now, Widowmaker:
    screenshot_2013-08-30-13-09-14.jpg?psid=1

She was among the last generation of children chosen for the Soviet Union's superspy program, trained to serve an empire that was already dissolving. Nonetheless, she was trained, and trained well, for a world that believes it no longer needs her kind.

Her costume was engineered by Soviet scientists to distract her opponents, giving her a millisecond advantage in combat, enhancing her battle effectiveness. Please note the hammer & sickle on her armband, from the Red Winter Alert.

I really like this, if you don't want her, let me know. I want to play her.

You can play as her. I like the design but It's not in the same style as I typically look for.

My Widow, well she looks like Black Widow from Marvel mixed with Sam Fisher from the Ghost Recon game series...With a hint of TDKR Catwoman.

Also she uses a pure black/violet color pallet.

And for the background....My Widow's an interdimensional ex Nazi who turned good. So play that concept to your hearts content!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Here's my submission. Though I think I actually like Tiger's above better now. LOL

USjxpl0.png

0Y3IURc.png

QXlsTku.png

Loved how you worked in the latex feel!

First pics of my design coming soon!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ok guys! Showtime!

I decided to work in a practical feel to the costume with added aspects of the concept. Let me know how it looks!

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s523/patrick_miles1/EbonWidow10_zps732a131f.jpg

I know it might be exact to the pics you guys submitted but this is my personal style and liking on the costume.

Also..This one actually looks more practical than the concept to begin with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like it! Though, you may want to find someplace with better lighting to take the screen shots. It's hard to see the details of the black parts.

I also just noticed you use the comic style outline. I didn't know anybody used that lol. In fact, I know people who's systems lag more with the outline on.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Aren't the hands a bit big ? They're like 1.5X the size of the head. Also, I'd recommend setting your tights to leather, which gives the cool latex feel. And turn the comic outlining off in settings, maybe ? Might just be me but this thing doesn't look good and it makes my game lag.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2013

black-widow-marvel-cartoon-636.jpg

Oh god, that poor woman. She is all distorted and mangled. Such a trooper for even managing to even stand upright, with such obvious problems.