test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTB Weekend Smash Alert

ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
Just one that stays up all weekend...from mission reset Friday to mission reset Sunday.

Where's my Dockside Dustup: Black Fang that used to be up for days at a time? :biggrin:

...good times.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
Post edited by ajanus on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    too many people were farming him for Q. Now no Q and he's normal.
    we sometimes get dockside nemesis for several hours on weekend.

I'd settle for burst alerts being on when the missions are. but they tend to vanish or only have AO up when burst daily is up.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote:
    I'd settle for burst alerts being on when the missions are. but they tend to vanish or only have AO up when burst daily is up.
    Amen to this. Bursts or APB comes up as the daily quite often, but Burst alerts are rare... it'd be nice if there was one on the board at least once every two cycles of the alert board or something... or maybe the frequency were increased substantially when the daily includes a need for bursts.
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Black fang used to be up so much because he was (and is) piss easy and dropped questionite boxes. Once they stopped the Q from dropping off him, he stopped being farmed as much.

Nem docksides do more or less the same thing with the Q, but because you get Pesti nems so much less people who are just trying to level queue up for it and it cycles out faster.

The duration of how long a mission remains up seems to be linked to how many people are doing it, which is why really unappealing alerts tend to cycle out quickly. Even so, Nem Docksides stay up for pretty long, they're your next best bet.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I kind of wish the alert rotations would be tied to the current alert daily. For instance if a APB daily is available, the alerts would be one of each. If its a Burst, all bursts would be up. Smash? All XP. And so forth. Sometimes, at least for me, would get on to do the alert daily and would receive a Smash daily, when there is no XP alerts up. Then when one does show up it would be a Trainstopping and the queue would last awhile seeing no one would want to queue up for one, depending on which boss it is. Same thing for Burst. No Burst alerts would be up but when one does show up, it seems to be always Ao...So have to continue to wait until another one comes up.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Meh. IMO, Smash Alerts broke things by giving out too much XP... which I suppose is why people love them.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    Meh. IMO, Smash Alerts broke things by giving out too much XP... which I suppose is why people love them.

Agreed. I'd trade smashes for several new maps to level my alts any day.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We can get most 'good' costume drops from Smash. We can't get any goodies from normal mission.
    We can get good EXP from Smash. Most mission takes more time.
    We can get 2000-4000 Questionite from Smash per 4 days for each toon. (You can take 2 Smash mission while Smash day.) Most mission doesn't give us Questionite.

Level up your toon to Lv.40. Make new toon and do Smash. Let your Lv.40 toons do UNITY for G. (If you sell 1 Silver recog gear, you can buy 1 cosmic key from someone in trade channel.)
    Level up your toon to Lv.40. Make new toon and do Smash. Let your Lv.40 toons do UNITY for G.
    Level up your toon to Lv.40. Make new toon and do Smash. Let your Lv.40 toons do UNITY for G.
    ...(Infinity)...

Be Altaholic Challenger and this game will be true F2P. You can get any Zen store goodies by Q-Zen exchange and you also have enough G.

Buuuut, is this really helping you Cryptic? I think you need money more then F2P farmers.

I want to spent my money to make CO exist long but I doesn't have any reason for spending my money right now.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    An interesting question -- would people want more Burst alerts? I don't feel like they're as useful as Smash or Grab alerts, but if there's enough of a desire, we could maybe increase the odds, possibly.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or, just to toss this out there again, how about locking the slots to type ?

1 Smash
    1 Burst
    1 Grab
    1 Special
    1 Rampage

Let the 1st 3 cycle but remain that type and the last 2 run on their schedules. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An interesting question -- would people want more Burst alerts? I don't feel like they're as useful as Smash or Grab alerts, but if there's enough of a desire, we could maybe increase the odds, possibly.

YES, ugh, please.

I've seen it literally cycle for an entire day without a single Burst coming up. It's horribad trying to do the triple Burst requirement.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Well as you mention TT, they are not terribly useful (mod bonus and mods... its okay) but its very annoying to look for bursts when they are needed for the daily Questionite mission.

Long story short... yes it would be nice to have the odds increased, but not by a lot since they are not THAT needed... just enough to see at least one burst every 20-30 mins or so xD.... cuz as how it is at the moment it can take up to hours depending on your luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An interesting question -- would people want more Burst alerts? I don't feel like they're as useful as Smash or Grab alerts

...uh, what? If you're level 40 Bursts are the only regular Alert that drops anything you'd even remotely be interested in. You get nothing from Smashes and a pittance of cash from Grabs. At least there's a chance you could use the mods.

If you're not level 40, you will be.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YES more bursts.
    it seems they
    1. vanish as soon as I get the daily mission
    2. stay around long enough to do one
    3. don't turn up at all

we get plenty of grabs and smashs but not many bursts. when they do show up, it isn't for very long
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I don't think people want them for the utility of the buff, but because it's annoying picking up a Burst Alert daily and then having to wait a half hour for one to show up, only to have it disappear after one run.
    alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yes. I prefer them to grab alerts, since farming them at level 40 can give you rank 4 or 5's and the moar mods the better.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Everybody probably has a different reason to run each alert, but at the very least, the rotation code should be smart enough to recognize which daily is up and adjust the odds accordingly. 3-burst days are brutal enough when they don't pop, and they're worse when you have to wait an hour, only to have one Ao'Qewhatever burst pop, then go away for another hour.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I still support my comment from yesterday that the rotation should be tied to the current alert daily.

Even if this doesn't happen, please increase Burst odds. I am one of the few who actually does farm bursts. At lv 40 rank 3 and 4 mods (rare times even 5) and I use that as my main income on this game. And probably decrease the odds of Ao spawning too...

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They could just replace all the alert dailies with one mission that simply states "Complete 3 alerts". That way you can do whatever alerts you want, and level 40s never have a reason to go into smash ever again.

Also, having 1 of each type up all the time seems better. what is the point of making them random? if they are worried that constant bursts will make too many mods, then just lower the number of mods it gives.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For my money? I think one burst, one smash, and one grab isn't that far outside reason. Rotate which ones, but why the heck not?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We're getting Double Exp starting on the 1st. Play some regular content with that.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We're getting Double Exp starting on the 1st. Play some regular content with that.

oh neat, I will use that time to level all my low level hybrid and tank ATs with smash alerts :D