test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Parapsychology Studies Institute :3

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
Hi guys...

I was just wondering...does anyone have any information on Deuce, Hypnos and Soulfire? They are listed on the PSI Page on the wiki..but I cant even find any information about them.

I'm just trying to intergrate Mentella further into CO on her PRIMUS Page.

Any more information about Sebastian Poe and the rest of PSI would be GREATLY appreciated..its just a general interest and I know PnP tends to hold alot of information about COverse lore.

Thanks in advance ^_^ ((btw, I dont own any champions online related books or anything))
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also some information on Mentalla and Eurostar would be welcomed :D

(Not My Mentella)
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a bit of info. Maybe Scott Heine can comment more on the PSI members.

DEUCE: Mutant woman whose power was mistaken for supernatural evil, Deuce is able to summon a "Shadow-Self" that can cause pain when it touches someone.

HYPNOS: A moderately powerful mutant hypnotist who's also a decent brawler, Hypnos is also known as a lecher (or more charitably, a lady's man).

SOULFIRE: Mutant pyrokinetic, schixophrenic (and cokehead), Soulfire is manipulated by Medusa and Psimon into doing most of what they want, but his natural paranoia and hair trigger temper makes him dangerous even to him.

EUROSTAR: Arguably the most dangerous and feared villain team on the planet, a group of European supervillains dedicated to European supremacy under their rule. Active for the last twenty-five years, they are led by disaffected Danish politician Danar Nicole, aka FIACHO, a master strategist and superb martial artist and weapon master, who became superhuman after several surgeries. While Eurostar has never achieved their objective, it's not been for lack of trying, and they've amassed a grisly body count of superheroes along the way. They've always played for keeps.

Many of the world's most dangerous superhumans have worked for EUROSTAR, but few are more of a threat than MENTALLA. She is Isabella Medina, Menton's sister, and like Menton, she was the subject of Doctor Destroyer's psionics program and served him until his aooarent death in the Battle of Detroit. Mentalla ranks just behind her brother among the world's most powerful psionics, but while she may not be as powerful as Menton, she is incredibly versatile and able to subtly edit people's memories (among many other tricks). Also, her outfit makes the CO version of Gravitar and Mind Flayer look modest by comparison.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any pics of these villains?
    edited May 2013
    Here's a bit of info. Maybe Scott Heine can comment more on the PSI members.

DEUCE: Mutant woman whose power was mistaken for supernatural evil, Deuce is able to summon a "Shadow-Self" that can cause pain when it touches someone.

HYPNOS: A moderately powerful mutant hypnotist who's also a decent brawler, Hypnos is also known as a lecher (or more charitably, a lady's man).

SOULFIRE: Mutant pyrokinetic, schixophrenic (and cokehead), Soulfire is manipulated by Medusa and Psimon into doing most of what they want, but his natural paranoia and hair trigger temper makes him dangerous even to him.

EUROSTAR: Arguably the most dangerous and feared villain team on the planet, a group of European supervillains dedicated to European supremacy under their rule. Active for the last twenty-five years, they are led by disaffected Danish politician Danar Nicole, aka FIACHO, a master strategist and superb martial artist and weapon master, who became superhuman after several surgeries. While Eurostar has never achieved their objective, it's not been for lack of trying, and they've amassed a grisly body count of superheroes along the way. They've always played for keeps.

Many of the world's most dangerous superhumans have worked for EUROSTAR, but few are more of a threat than MENTALLA. She is Isabella Medina, Menton's sister, and like Menton, she was the subject of Doctor Destroyer's psionics program and served him until his aooarent death in the Battle of Detroit. Mentalla ranks just behind her brother among the world's most powerful psionics, but while she may not be as powerful as Menton, she is incredibly versatile and able to subtly edit people's memories (among many other tricks). Also, her outfit makes the CO version of Gravitar and Mind Flayer look modest by comparison.

Very VERY nice information, thanks for this!! :biggrin:

I'd love to see a picture of Mentalla's outfit, she interests me even more now lol
    edited May 2013
    Le thread bump...just in case anyone can shed m0ar light on PSI :biggrin:
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, PSI was updated significantly along the way (including changes in the roster and revamps of a few characters). But you can search places like Amazon or some gaming supply stores and still find a copy of my old "Mind Games" book from Hero Games (usually under $10 or so), circa 1990.

(Sheesh! That was a long time ago...!)

Scott Heine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Conquerors, Killers, and Crooks doesn't have info on Deuce or Soulfire, but here's Hypnos' bio. :)

Background/History: Brian Van Der Schaaf was always
    a bad kid ? which only made sense, since his Mom
    was the notorious supervillainess Dr. Bedlam. Aft er his
    mental powers manifested, he used them to bully his
    foster parents, teachers, and classmates, and when he
    fi nally got caught on a breaking-and-entering charge
    in 1983 and was sent to reform school, well, he wound
    up pretty much running the place. All his life he?d
    watched superbeings battle each other on the evening
    news, and fi nally he decided he was ready to join the
    fun. He developed a costume, stole some experimental
    belt-jets, and became the mercenary criminal Hypnos.
    Well, being a supervillain turned out to be harder
    than Brian had thought. He ran into a second-rate
    hero called Mighty Man the fi rst couple of times out of
    the starting gate, and despite his obvious edge in intelligence
    got beaten and wound up in Stronghold. He
    participated in the Great Stronghold Breakout of 1990,
    only to get rapidly recaptured by Vanguard. And when
    he teamed up with some other villains to rob Fort
    Knox, things fi nally seemed to be looking up ? but
    then the Sentinels came along and busted up that little
    party.
    Finally, in 1992 Hypnos took a job working as a
    henchman for the Lyndon mob in Philadelphia, and
    when the Scarlatti family took out a hit on Mr. Lyndon
    himself, Hypnos wound up in direct confl ict with
    Psimon. Th e two struck up a conversation, and Psimon
    off ered Hypnos a choice: come join PSI as a fi eld
    agent, or die along with his employers. Hypnos signed
    up without hesitation. For the last decade Hypnos has
    added mental muscle to the PSI ?ground troops.? He?s
    fairly happy with his current situation, but of course
    he?s always willing to listen to the next off er.
    Personality: Hypnos is a straightforward costumed
    villain. He?s greedy, amoral, and lazy, and wants to use
    his powers to ?get some for himself and the heck with
    everybody else.? He?s not particularly violent unless he?s
    scared or embarrassed, and isn?t really a killer. Mostly
    he just likes the excitement of fi ghting the law and
    living life on the edge. He also is a fi rst-class lecher
    and made passes at pretty much every female
    in PSI. Medusa has strung him along with
    promises, Lancer was mostly confused
    and turned him down, and Mind Slayer
    nearly cut him in half. He won?t be
    trying that one again.
    Quote: ?Hey, Nighthawk! Why don?t
    you go play in traffi c? No, I mean it....?
    Powers/Tactics: Hypnos
    doesn?t much care about
    tactics, preferring to concentrate
    on having fun,
    looking good, and humiliating
    heroes. Unless Psimon orders him
    to use his Drain EGO to support
    one of his teammates, his general
    technique involves swooping into
    the fray with his belt-jets and
    zapping whichever hero he fi nds
    most annoying with a couple
    of Drain EGOs, then ordering
    them to do something
    spectacularly dangerous
    with his Mind Control
    and watching the fun.
    He is not above using his
    Mind Control to sic opponents
    who are getting
    to close to him on his
    teammates if the eff ect
    is easier to maintain.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Foxy!

Yet another person to add to Mentella's bio ^^ :biggrin:

Are there any images of him?
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very VERY nice information, thanks for this!! :biggrin:

I'd love to see a picture of Mentalla's outfit, she interests me even more now lol

MentallaChamps.png
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Millennium City source book (published 2003) has info about several PSI members including Deuce and Soulfire. Here's a little of their bios:

Angela Baker was born in 1981 in Mill Valley, California, to parents of the "hippie" generation who belonged to a series of "alternative" religious groups. In 1994 her mutant power first manifested at a weekend prayer meeting; as she prayed along with the rest of the congregation, she slowly slipped into unconsciousness and a diaphanous "shadow-form" began to float around the room. Her parents and their "guru" condemned the creation as a manifestation of Angela's sins and cast her out of the congregation, decrying the taint of Satan in her.

Angela went to live with an aunt in San Francisco. Her aunt had little interest in her, so Angela spent a fair amount of time on her own. While she struggled to get along with the aid of a local church, her shadow form caused havoc on the dark streets at night. Fearing for her own sanity, she visited a Mind, Inc. outlet bookstore, where a counselor, realizing her "sinful shadow" might indcate potential psionic powers, called Edward Cummings. It wasn't long before Angela, now code-named "Deuce," was a student of PSI living in Millennium City.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Harold Gripp was a bad kid. Born in 1984 in Newark, New Jersey, Gripp started cutting school and hanging out on the streets before he was 10. He was soon selling drugs and committing petty robberies with his band of cronies. Caught and sent to juvenile hall in '99, Harry was soon among the leaders of the reform school gangs and seemed headed down a slow path to nowhere...

... until his mutant powers manifested in the spring of 2001. He was part of a cleanup detail collecting trash by the side of a New Jersey freeway when he and another inmate got into a fight over nothing in particular. As two fellow inmates restrained his arms, Harry stared intensely at his opponent, and was as surprised as anyone when the other young man screamed and burst into flames. In the ensuing confusion, Harry escaped from the cleanup detail and fled into the woods.

Harry spent the next few months on the run, working his way west as he learned how his powers worked by committing petty robberies of gas stations and convenience stores to survive. He arrived in Millennium City in September, where Trace detected him. PSI recruited him by promising to teach him how to control and used his powers in new and interesting ways. For the last year, Harry has studied with the inner circle of PSI, who know about his psychological problems but still consider him a potentially useful weapon.
    edited August 2013
  • advertisementmanadvertisementman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was directed here by Atomicwarz, I'm uncertain if this is where I would be allowed to post this, and I apologize if I am in the wrong for doing so. I have a super power roleplaying forum, that is slowly getting off the ground, as this seems to be a super hero rp area, I would hope that some of you would be interested in it, if you are, here is the website for the RP.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Superlandrp/topic/9068304/1/#new

I hope I have not wasted your time, and if I have, you have my apologies. For those who are interested, I hope you enjoy and help make Superlands a better role-playing experience for everyone.