test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gillfigno's Pantheon

gillfignofignogillfignofigno Posts: 64 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
Hello all, I wanted to post my champions and get some feedback. I'm going to post their most used costumes. I currently have 11 Generations of heroes, so please check further down the page for all of them!

Generation 1:

Generation 2:

Generation 3:

Generation 4:
Post edited by gillfignofigno on

Comments

• Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Eeeeeeeeeek that's a lot of characters. Admitelly I just looked at the last 3 generations but wow... yeah there's a lot of good stuff in here.

Thanks a lot for sharing!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen a bit of your work on PRIMUS, and I gotta say you do a pretty good job! You use a much brighter coloring style than most, and better yet, show to make it work out pretty well in terms of contrast.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thats alot of nice costumes.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Generation 5

Generation 6

Generation 7

Generation 8
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Generation 9

Generation 10

Generation 11
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Reserved for later generations...
  • Options
    thecobra22thecobra22 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    these are great some real nice concepts in there that i like. i really like that character layout you got on the primus datebase to :biggrin: remember seeing a handful of these in ccs/in alerts

keep at it! :smile:
  • Options
    danlimdanlim Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nicely done ... quite an impressive line up.
    i do have a question in regards to toons; where did you take those shots? were they in the green room in the ph tailor?

dan :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I believe they were taken inside the tailor window.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    danlim wrote: »
    nicely done ... quite an impressive line up.
    i do have a question in regards to toons; where did you take those shots? were they in the green room in the ph tailor?

dan :)

Just use printscreen in the tailor, it cuts off the UI on the retail version (not steam, I don't know about that version.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Two new Champions added to generation 7: Number 99 and Lord Indra!
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow really liking a majority of these toons here!

i have a question about how you took the pictures.. how did you get each of the characters cropped so perfectly and tiled up like that? i mean i knew were you took them and how to do that but each rectangle of toon seems perfectly same as the one before it. If you could provide some sort of tutorial or something that'd be great! thanks.

Anyway keep up the great work! cant wait to see more :biggrin:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    kenbr2012kenbr2012 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cool heroes!

I'm downloading the game and I will create a mental powered girl inspered by this saint seiya toon: http://neogolipegasus9.n.e.pic.centerblog.net/2qng4ic4.jpg
    Ninja Neko
    the ninja darkstalker
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Wow really liking a majority of these toons here!

i have a question about how you took the pictures.. how did you get each of the characters cropped so perfectly and tiled up like that? i mean i knew were you took them and how to do that but each rectangle of toon seems perfectly same as the one before it. If you could provide some sort of tutorial or something that'd be great! thanks.

Anyway keep up the great work! cant wait to see more :biggrin:

Thanks for looking! Each image is one of three sizes.

The first size (412x678), which is for 'normal' sized characters, like all the female characters, or 'normal' guys like King Luck. The second size (543x895) is basically used for characters like Forest Lord, who are hulking or have large wings as part of their outfit. The third size (855x956) has only been used for Kaiju characters like Kurokama, who are maximum height, width and have a tail or spines.

I use Photoshop so it keeps the original image dimensions when you paste a new image in. However, this can be done in MSPaint by using 'edit/paste from' instead of just using paste or ctrl-v. From there you can drag the image around the frame to your liking. I pretty much just go 'by eye' to line up the outfits, but if I don't know for sure I just change transparency (in Photoshop, MSPaint doesn't have layers or transparency) to make sure the pasted image lines up properly.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kenbr2012 wrote: »
    cool heroes!

I'm downloading the game and I will create a mental powered girl inspered by this saint seiya toon: http://neogolipegasus9.n.e.pic.centerblog.net/2qng4ic4.jpg

Thanks! I actually made a Saint Seiya inspired outfit for Vulcan's anime outfit.
    GFvulcan13OUTFIT.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Generation 7 is now finished! Check page 1 for the pics. That's all of them until gen 7 starts getting to level 40. :biggrin: Which of my characters do you like the most? Any comments would be welcome and appreciated!
  • Options
    diplomacymandiplomacyman Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like your styles, I LOVE Dinoman though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Generation 8 has started! Have a look and tell me what you think.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Generation 8 is finished. Please have a look. Which is your favorite? Any kind of feedback would be appreciated.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, you've got some ridiculously good stuff in here over 8 generations, but some of the newer ones definitely hold their own with the best.

- I LOVE Night Hunter. Great example of a monochromatic toon that doesn't look boring or generic at all. Great item choices, especially like the Avian skirt/armor there... does a great job tying together the armor-and-cloth look of the rest of the costume.

- Iris... dat color scheme... looks lovely, great restraint with the pink, that really works well.

- Mischief Maker might be my new favorite toon (okay, those never last long because I see so much good stuff, but still). She's really not even the 'type' of character I'm usually drawn to, but it's just an awesome use of the color scheme, and excellent choices on items. Terrific job on that one.

- Hadron Collider shows off what I like about a lot of your toons... simple/understated design, classic comic feel (I can easily picture him on a page), and awesome use of color (love the subtly different red on the bottom of the boots). Good proportions on him, as well.

- Ghost Mask looks great, good work on the face especially (thankfully, seems to be one of the main draws of the character). I've been trying to work up a toon in that style myself--with the wide-brimmed hat and cape, kind of an old folk-hero look. But this one works really well.

- La Espada looks pretty awesome, I just have a personal aversion to those jodhpurs. I think they always make the legs look weird, which is amplified on La Espada because I like the rest of his proportions so much. Still a really good look, just a personal quirk of mine; I would probably like it better with plain old tucked pants.

All of these were good, but those were the ones that really caught my eye. Very good work as always, keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Well, you've got some ridiculously good stuff in here over 8 generations, but some of the newer ones definitely hold their own with the best.

- I LOVE Night Hunter. Great example of a monochromatic toon that doesn't look boring or generic at all. Great item choices, especially like the Avian skirt/armor there... does a great job tying together the armor-and-cloth look of the rest of the costume.

- Iris... dat color scheme... looks lovely, great restraint with the pink, that really works well.

- Mischief Maker might be my new favorite toon (okay, those never last long because I see so much good stuff, but still). She's really not even the 'type' of character I'm usually drawn to, but it's just an awesome use of the color scheme, and excellent choices on items. Terrific job on that one.

- Hadron Collider shows off what I like about a lot of your toons... simple/understated design, classic comic feel (I can easily picture him on a page), and awesome use of color (love the subtly different red on the bottom of the boots). Good proportions on him, as well.

- Ghost Mask looks great, good work on the face especially (thankfully, seems to be one of the main draws of the character). I've been trying to work up a toon in that style myself--with the wide-brimmed hat and cape, kind of an old folk-hero look. But this one works really well.

- La Espada looks pretty awesome, I just have a personal aversion to those jodhpurs. I think they always make the legs look weird, which is amplified on La Espada because I like the rest of his proportions so much. Still a really good look, just a personal quirk of mine; I would probably like it better with plain old tucked pants.

All of these were good, but those were the ones that really caught my eye. Very good work as always, keep 'em coming.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my designs, thanks for the feedback. :biggrin:
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll choose one or two per generation:

1) Burning Commando. Love the colors and head.

2) Antkaider. great colors, "compact" costume.

3) Both The Ronin and Eclipse are really good. Love the use of color on Eclipse.

4) Mutiny the Brave. Pirate gentleman without the usual pirate tropes..

5) Papa Vodoo and Kurohama. Usually I do not like creatures, but this stands out!

6) Cosmos. My absolute favourite of all for the cleverness used in the cosmic effect.

7) Lord Indra. Imposing and nice even with the super-bright colors.

8) Miss Mercy. But I do not like the mantle on her at all!

• Options
    rxm16rxm16 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMG! :eek:

Your characters are GREAT. Every single one of them have a "something" that makes me curious to know his backstory (I love backstories!).

So about that, a question pops in my mind: the "Generations" moniker... is because of some shared and complex history that you created, in which they exist?

I'd love to know that... I (freely) imagined some kind of "heroes of different centuries" story when I checked your toons.

Great job!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ones I like include (in no real order):
    • Captain Korea
    • The Miner
    • La Espada
    • Purple Emperor
    • Yakyuu Hero
    • Mischief Maker
    • Alakazam

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, everyone. Check back on page 1 because I have uploaded Generation 9 and also updated Generation 1.
    rxm16 wrote: »
    So about that, a question pops in my mind: the "Generations" moniker... is because of some shared and complex history that you created, in which they exist?

No, nothing that complex, a generation is simply when one group of characters reaches level 40, unlocking a new character for each completed character. Basically I have 14 Character slots that unlock 14 more, then they unlock 14 more and so on.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Check back on the first page, Generation 10 is done! I'm going to take a 'break' from leveling up characters, so I can build up a nice roster for Gen 11 and beyond. Also, you may have noticed (or not) that I have redesigned Gens 1-5 with more modern parts, so please have another look at them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have one character to go before I complete Generation 11, so I was wondering...should I bother to post them or not? :confused:

It takes me a few hours to get the images sorted out, and my last two generations (and complete redesigns of 5 others) got no response, so I just wanted to see if anyone was interested before I waste time making the images up this time.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    should I bother to post them or not? :confused:

It takes me a few hours to get the images sorted out, and my last two generations (and complete redesigns of 5 others) got no response

I think a lot of people mine these threads for ideas or just to admire the awesome without actually saying much. Especially in a gallery thread I find myself feeling a little sheepish about making a comment as it feels sort of like yelling your opinion about something while in a museum. So personally I'd love to see your new things but I don't know if I'd actually comment on them or not. :)

It really comes down to whether you feel the effort involved is worth it. You drop down a lot of data per generation, where I feel worn out just posting one image strait, so I can see were the reward/benefit ratio would seem a bit off if people are to quiet. But believe me your effort *is* appreciated.

And for the record, Windup from Generation 5 is my favorite in the entire list for some reason. :)
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have one character to go before I complete Generation 11, so I was wondering...should I bother to post them or not? :confused:

It takes me a few hours to get the images sorted out, and my last two generations (and complete redesigns of 5 others) got no response, so I just wanted to see if anyone was interested before I waste time making the images up this time.

I think I have received more comments on my fan art in game than I have in forum, so don't judge the impact on forum comments or lack of.

This is my first time seeing this thread and I enjoyed it. Wasn't planning to comment until I read this, some people just view and move on but you do have some great looks and very inspirational.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    All right, I'll post another generation picture once I'm finished with the gen, which will most likely be in a few days. I just wanted to test the waters before I posted. Thanks for looking, everyone.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I LOVE Kurokama
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Generation 11 is a go! I also updated some other gens to have their current costumes, so take a look. Remember, I also run the UNTIL-Database, which you can visit to see all of my characters without waiting for full generation updates. I currently have 148 alts with 134 nemesis (If you think some of my heroes are goofy, wait till you see the nemeses.)
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    I LOVE Kurokama

Thanks, I get a lot of comments about him! One person said "nice outfit" which is funny because he's naked.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Generation 11 is a go!

Not really a bad one in the bunch: Personally I don't think I could cross 100 looks and still have anything interesting looking. :)

For some reason Quartz keeps making me think of the 80s New Teen Titans comics run but I can't place why... something about when they were in space I think. Extinguisher looks like he should be enforcing authority somewhere. Ring King is just amusing, like a better version of one of those goofball enemies Flash had during certain eras (Flash seems plagued my some of the worst villain lineups).
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I must've missed Gen. 10 somehow–Fallout and Destiny are two of my very favorites of yours. Excellent looks on both.

For G11, I think Olympus' bright, clean look and Soul Summoner's detailed-without-being-too-busy costume make them my picks of the bunch. I also appreciate the consistency in using the same color for all of Soul Summoner's "outline" or accent areas (the yellow/gold trim).

As always, this is one of my favorite threads to visit for inspiration and enjoyment. Another great batch of heroes that I can easily picture on a page.