test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make a wish! CO 4th anniversary incoming.

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
«1

Comments

  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    World peace.
    Fighting Claws getting AoE attack.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • planktheoryplanktheory Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish for the Foundry to be released.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener.

    'Cause that's what I truly want to be.
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The invasion.

    If it is again cut short because of "bugs"I will be disappoint.

    *tinfoil hat time-

    I think the devs were duped last time. I don't know anyone who was reverted to level 1 (or zero). Lots of histeria but no anecdotal evidence, let alone hard evidence was stated for discountinuing the event.

    If anyone has screenies depicting the team up bug (which I also find suspect as most don't use it) I'll change my tune.

    Until then I call Cryptic skittishness falling prey to Sony interns, and the end result was a disappointment for all.

    Make sure the invasion occurs this time, and is not discontinued due too a tiny bit of hysteria. Provide screenies showing that this bug actually happened, and I will back off. The lack of them during the last event's attempt has me wondering if this is once again an elaborate troll attempt to which the devs respond without fully checking out the circumstances.

    TT himself at the time stated he didn't see any level reduction. However, it was removed with barely any notice for "protective" measures.

    If there is no proof for this bug, and you were duped, ignore it, soldier on, and bring on the invasion Cryptic.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The invasion.

    If it is again cut short because of "bugs"I will be disappoint.

    *tinfoil hat time-

    I think the devs were duped last time. I don't know anyone who was reverted to level 1 (or zero). Lots of histeria but no anecdotal evidence, let alone hard evidence was stated for discountinuing the event.

    If anyone has screenies depicting the team up bug (which I also find suspect as most don't use it) I'll change my tune.



    If there is no proof for this bug, and you were duped, ignore it, soldier on, and bring on the invasion Cryptic.

    actually I can't provide you with screenshots,
    however I did hear the screams and see the results of the sudden influx of level 1's at the Boss Fights.
    It was hilarious, all the people teaming for better results and getting made level 1.
    I thought it was funny because being lower than 40, nobody wanted to team with me.

    "WTF, I'm level 1?'
    "what damage do you do?"
    "****, 1 pt"

    mind you, after the first fight, some people were deliberately teaming to get delevelled, so they could troll in Ren center with their level 1 characters with level 40 abilities doing 1 pt.
    They were even duelling like that
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    actually I can't provide you with screenshots,
    however I did hear the screams and see the results of the sudden influx of level 1's at the Boss Fights.
    It was hilarious, all the people teaming for better results and getting made level 1.
    I thought it was funny because being lower than 40, nobody wanted to team with me.

    "WTF, I'm level 1?'
    "what damage do you do?"
    "****, 1 pt"

    mind you, after the first fight, some people were deliberately teaming to get delevelled, so they could troll in Ren center with their level 1 characters with level 40 abilities doing 1 pt.
    They were even duelling like that

    Thats pretty much how it was portrayed. We heard complaints, which at the time discontinued the event, but teamup for open events simply isn't used often often (for obvious reasons), but again screenshots would have provided evidence and none were produced. Odd, considering the magnitude of a bug heretofore never seen here under any other circumstances.

    **and also don't want it used as a defacto excuse for depriving us of a pretty cool anniversay event.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I saw someones level decrease during the event last year, both on the live server and on the ptr where it was first reported and ignored.

    My wish is for the Cryptic North team to be acknowledged on the forums, and then to actually start opening some kind of dialog with us, and a new Until Report. The current one is past its prime and has moved into the bad comedy stage. TT does a good job, but the silence from the new dev team servers only to fan the flames.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,770 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anniversary party hat working on beast heads.

    screenshot_2011-08-14-20-34-11.jpg

    And...

    ohstars_zps3c1c143a.png
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    An Official Red Ryder Carbon Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing witch tells time!

    'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    inb4 about half this thread becomes one of the following:

    The foundry

    Bug fixes

    Additional Content/New Zones

    Buff/Nerf Power/Framework

    More options for beast heads

    Endgame/Level cap content

    Expanded Nemesis system

    Level cap raise

    And uh... I know I'm forgetting some things we've been asking for since... Well, forever. Whatever, good enough.

    ...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xaogarrent wrote: »

    And uh... I know I'm forgetting some things we've been asking for since... Well, forever. Whatever, good enough.

    Crowd control? LMAO.

    If they keep the servers online I will consider it a victory
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish...

    ...Cryptic hadn't used the 3rd anniversary as an opportunity to take a year-long sabbatical from giving a damn about superheroes.

    ...we had a real executive producer, not an over-taxed developer holding the title, who could speak with authority.

    ...our mythical executive producer was around to apologize when the Neverwinter soft launch crushed Cryptic's common servers and took down all three games, as Daniel Stahl and Andy Velasquez apologized to STO and NW players.

    ...our mythical executive producer would apologize to us for Cryptic allowing itself to be spread too thin by the simultaneous crunches of NW and Legacy of Romulus.

    ...we had half as many State of the Game posts as STO has had over the past year, because that's still a number greater than zero.

    ...our community wasn't Cryptic's training wheels, whether it's piloting game mechanics that would be improved on in STO and NW, or bringing a new development team up to speed on the engine.

    ...I didn't have an irrational fear of Friday afternoons every time an event came to a close, because that's when corporations tell bad news.

    ...fighting hopeless causes was something players did in the game, not the forums.

    ...Cryptic North had introduced themselves to us when they were founded in January, or when they were revealed to the public in June, or any time, really.

    ...Cryptic North wasn't already leaving hints that they are planning Some Other Project instead of staying with us.

    ...these events felt like they were building up to something big, instead of just stringing us along.

    ...others could see that there's nothing wrong with the superhero genre that a trustworthy publisher and a caring studio working together couldn't fix.

    And if you expected wishes for the future, don't expect them from me or anybody else. Expect a commitment from Cryptic, or a Friday afternoon press release.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Improbable wish: that we get the announcement of something big enough to spur a renewed interest in the game and raise the server pop.

    More likely wish: that the game manages to limp to its fifth anniversary.

    Personal wish: One new costume set, emote set, or TP in the C-store per month, along with a steady stream of new events, alerts, and maybe even a new lair!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sistersilicon: really really lucidly summarized. Ouch.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

    Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

    Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

    Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bring back the Dojo in Westside. It was my favorite place to RP in.

    Handle: @drgmstr

    "Embrace your dreams"

    Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    I saw someones level decrease during the event last year, both on the live server and on the ptr where it was first reported and ignored.

    My wish is for the Cryptic North team to be acknowledged on the forums, and then to actually start opening some kind of dialog with us, and a new Until Report. The current one is past its prime and has moved into the bad comedy stage. TT does a good job, but the silence from the new dev team servers only to fan the flames.

    Okay I take yours and Chaelks word on it then, but one minor point of clarification and a question:

    Was not ignored on PTS. Because it wasn't mentioned on PTS, as no one used the team up feature. That's how "it" (I'm calling the bug "it" until I see a screenie, no disrespect too you guys) made it to live. I know bugs make it to live all the time despite dilligent pts testing, but this one slipped past everyone, it really was a fluke (IF it happened).

    Here is my theory (and again apologies for the tinfoil hat)-Isn't it possible what you saw was;

    5 Sony interns.

    2-4 of said interns was 40.

    At least one probably had to be a 40.

    One level 1 Intern.

    Teleport device.

    Bug is simulated, not actual.

    We lose, Sony calls it a "win". (Go suck it Sony)

    Remove the team up feature from the event, or just spawn them without the game reading it as an open mission. This might make it impossible for the backups to drop, but I don't care. I liked that portion of the anniversary immensely, and I am really starting to worry Cryptic will use last year's debacle as an excuse to not offer it again.


    *Good gravy Sistersillicon; ow. Like a punch to the gut that was. Ouch.
  • kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The totally broken event from last year finally returning in working form, please. I wanna get some of those pet Champions!

    I'd love to see a 'state of the game' post from our new overlords about what we can expect to see in the next year of the game. More than anything I just want to know that they're working on some big, cool stuff for us.

    Aaaaaaand a new costume set release would be nice!
    ________________________________
    @kelpplankton
    Oldschool CoH player, Lifetime CO and STO subscriber, animator and artist.

    Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    An Official Red Ryder Carbon Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing witch tells time!
    You'll put your eye out, kid!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want Cryptic North to prove all the nay-sayers wrong.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,443 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For more coming similar to the way of Socrates event, with permanent content and beyond. You know an actual goal for the community to look forward to ALONG with Cryptic, instead of hiding it from us.

    ALL the Legacy costumes, devices, action figures and power replacers / auras being added. Legacy stuff was just so incomplete.

    Auras making their way onto PTS in a promising format. (Tailor add on or bust.)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Infinite foam finger device. No wolf in the club will be safe :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New costume pieces are always nice. :D

    At one point I read an article this year saying they were looking at wheeled vehicles which I also would like.

    For the anniversary itself, I hope Witchcraft is there giving out Double Xp goodness while Sapphire sings her heart out. (What, I'm a traditionalist...) :D
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,314 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2nd anniversary, we all got a free character slot.

    For 4th anniversary, how about a free FF slot? I mean, as long as I'm wishing... :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

    - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll just go ahead and say: All of the above.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote:
    2nd anniversary, we all got a free character slot.

    For 4th anniversary, how about a free FF slot? I mean, as long as I'm wishing...
    Did you know there's a next/previous page button for character selection? I did, unfortunately. While it may be selfish, I hope the anniversary doesn't involve passing out more character slots. I will weep.

    You know what they SHOULD do? Give everybody a vehicle with pitifully low stats compared to anything else in the game. Why? Because then people would have a reason to mess around with vehicle mods, and if they actually enjoyed it, might buy into the vehicles they keep pushing out. It'd be something to do AND it might actually benefit them in the long run.

    I'll just expect a big lump of slot-coal in my stocking, though :(
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voodoo, agreed on vehicle.

    They need to give silver players more to hook them on the game.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

    Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

    Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

    Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Foundry, please. That more than anything else will save the game as far as I'm concerned. I mean c'mon - devs don't want to do content? Heck. Let the players make their own.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Foundry, please. That more than anything else will save the game as far as I'm concerned. I mean c'mon - devs don't want to do content? Heck. Let the players make their own.
    No thanks. As someone who has played both COH and NW, where a big deal was made out of the concept, it seems (and this is my subjective opinion of course) that Foundry type systems are mostly for users who imagine they're deeply creative to fill some database with tedious creations that nobody really wants to play. In the end, its those people playing each other's creations solely to try to get people to reciprocate and play theirs.

    For people who aren't desperate to make their own story arcs, it's only heavy bribery or exploitation arcs that anyone bothers with. We've got Smash alerts to cover that already.

    Maybe someone will someday come up with a useful user-created content system that is fun for normal users in some way rather than aimed at self-indulgent fanfiction folks, but I don't think it'll be here. Afterall, the three "foundry" systems I know of were all on Cryptic-related games, and all of them turned out pretty much the same.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    return of the legacy pieces. I don't even care if they're in a gamble box.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No thanks. As someone who has played both COH and NW, where a big deal was made out of the concept, it seems (and this is my subjective opinion of course) that Foundry type systems are mostly for users who imagine they're deeply creative to fill some database with tedious creations that nobody really wants to play. In the end, its those people playing each other's creations solely to try to get people to reciprocate and play theirs.

    For people who aren't desperate to make their own story arcs, it's only heavy bribery or exploitation arcs that anyone bothers with. We've got Smash alerts to cover that already.

    Maybe someone will someday come up with a useful user-created content system that is fun for normal users in some way rather than aimed at self-indulgent fanfiction folks, but I don't think it'll be here. Afterall, the three "foundry" systems I know of were all on Cryptic-related games, and all of them turned out pretty much the same.

    According to the Cryptic COO Craig Zinkievich, those mission have been wildly successful content for STO.


    Skip to 33:00 or so of THIS for an example of how he addresses why the cream is worth the crap.

    200 hours of high quality content out of 50,000. Sounds terrible but it's 200 hours and as he says it would take him longer to have his Devs make 200 hours than it took to make the Foundry.

    And I be there another 200 to 400 hours of content that's good enough to play through once.

    600 more hours? Hell yea.

    But will Cryptic devote that 'less than 200 hours worth' of time to CO? No. Not a chance.


    Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm


    In game as @forgemccain
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,443 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two new action figures and a handful of perks. Happy Anniversary.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two new action figures and a handful of perks. Happy Anniversary.

    And a hint to something afterwards...Who knows, we might have to call in Backup for it. :wink:
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So...

    Is the event going to work every time (or most of the time), this week?

    Because, you know, that would be cool.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lioch wrote: »
    So...

    Is the event going to work every time (or most of the time), this week?

    Because, you know, that would be cool.

    Which event do you mean?
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • liochlioch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Which event do you mean?

    Well, the Mega-Destroid assault aspect primarily - the one that went wonky last year.


    Also, TT the info page for the event doesn't actually have a link to the MP3 where it says "If you just can?t get enough, you can download the MP3 here."
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lioch wrote: »
    Well, the Mega-Destroid assault aspect primarily - the one that went wonky last year.

    Dunno. We'll see on Thursday.
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My wish is the easiest to fulfill:
    I wish the Cryptic North people would post on the forums once in a while to let us know they exist.

    Maybe say something funny. This is optional.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,443 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Destroid Invasion comes late in the month. And nothing essentially new beyond what was announced. Aside from the deleveling bug removed.
  • angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish for the Foundry to be released.

    I want that to, I also want cryptic/pwe to care about this game. it could have been great
  • trailturtletrailturtle Administrator Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    lioch wrote: »
    Also, TT the info page for the event doesn't actually have a link to the MP3 where it says "If you just can?t get enough, you can download the MP3 here."

    Good catch, should be fixed now.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Make a wish you say?

    Alllllllllrighty then!

    I wish....

    ....Millennium City were filled out to the borders with some new content, in such a way that you could level from 1-40 without ever leaving the city to go to the desert or Canada or whatever.

    Sure, for some of my characters, visiting other locales is cool. But for my more "urban" based characters, it really sucks to be a gritty street vigilante having to fight zombies in Norway or whatever.

    Oh, and one more wish...I wish there were at least one dedicated zone of Millennium City where it is always nightime. Kinda hard to be a "Shadow" Knight when the sun is blaring down, exposing me to my enemies!

    That is all! :)


    "You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've already gotten my wish CoX vets are going to have the opportunity to "enjoy" Sapphires singing for the very first time.

    Life is good.

    Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anniversary party hat working on beast heads.

    screenshot_2011-08-14-20-34-11.jpg



    Damn Straight.

    Partylizard.jpg

    Oh, and old crafting devices, missing costume parts, costume fixes on the Recog vendors and the Foundry.

    As quoted in the cult classic 'Demonflame'.
    "One can wish..."
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    I wish for the game being sold to someone other than Cryptic.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish for the game being sold to someone other than Cryptic.

    Cryptic didn't buy it they made it and PWE owns it.
    2nd wish granted more mad people on the forums. I'm on a roll here.

    Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish this maintenance was done and the server was back up.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish this maintenance was done and the server was back up.

    Im playing SRIV with lick screen idiot face till the games up again. Perfect game for when CO is down.

    Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And all I wish is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 961 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    First mine. I wish for Lost Legacy coming back someway somehow.

    I'm all for bringing any and every LEGACY unlock/device/PR into the current game. Especially since I'm running low on my stock of these items.
    .

    -=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
Sign In or Register to comment.