test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Win at Cybermind

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
First off, please listen to this first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopzpFJm4LQ

Now, with your spirit steeled with epic music, GO FORTH AND DEFEAT THAT STUPID NERD!

Step 1. Getting There
You've got mobs to fight through. TOUGH mobs. They can and WILL overwhelm you if you aren't careful.
- If you are a tank, GET IN THERE and fight! Mop up the aggro and let the DPS finish it off.
- DPS... even if you are survivable DPS, you need to stay behind the tanks. These processes don't mess around. Be careful.
- Support, please heal anyone who needs healing, ESPECIALLY THE TANK.
If there are no defined roles/everyone is the same role, fight one group at a time and make sure all of your teammates are there to join in.

Step 2. The Firewalls
Focus fire on the first one that turns red. Do not bother attacking the others. Kill the adds so they don't overwhelm you. When it rounds about to the vulnerable wall, continue attacking it, even if it has healed itself. It should go down in two or three passes.

Step 3. Cybermind Himself
First off, please don't go in without the rest of your teammates following you, or else you'll lock them out if you accidentally engage Cybermind. If you wipe, you will be able to try again, but please try to avoid dying! Dying leads to frustration, which leads to more ragequits, which leads to less people understanding what to do.

The tankiest teammate should get into Cybermind's melee range and grab his aggro and never let go. This makes him use his sword attack more often, and that means less knockbacks. When he prepares to attack with Virus Storm, three panels will change color: Red, yellow or blue. Everyone should stay around the central area of the room so they don't have TOO far to run to grab the color buffs from the pillars and return to the correctly colored square.

Got that? When the tiles change, pick which one you're going to stand on (two will be one color, Cybermind's will be a different color, and the other six squares will remain blank), touch the color pillar, and get to that square as fast as you can. Don't bother attacking on the way. Just go. When he uses his Virus Storm attack, provided you're in the right place, you won't be pretty-much-one-shotted by the storm.
[COLOR="Yellow"]             Y[/COLOR]
           o o [COLOR="Red"]o[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="Red"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]  o[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]C [/COLOR]o  [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]B[/COLOR]
           o o o

o = square
C = Cybermind
R = Red Pillar
Y = Yellow Pillar
B = Blue Pillar

Now, if you see this, you should:
Touch the red pillar and stand on the red square to the left of Cybermind or to the upper-right of Cybermind.
OR
Touch the yellow square and stand in Cybermind's square.

You should NOT stand in the pillars since they offer no protection.
You should NOT just dawdle around.
You should NOT attack on the way to and from the pillars.

Once the virus storm hits and you're standing in a safe spot, resume attacking. Rinse and repeat.

When he loses one third of his health, he'll summon drones, which will start attacking you. The drones are colored, one for each color. Take the blue one out with the blue pillar's energy, take the red one out with the red pillar's energy, and take the yellow one out with the yellow one's energy. Then go back to step one, because he's going back to using his virus storm. Note that he will be immune during the drone phase until his drones are dead, and he might resummon them later depending on how long you take.

WARNING Color buffs do NOT overwrite or refresh each other! Having a color buff on for too long after killing the drones WILL screw you over if he doesn't change a tile to your color buff! It's always smart to pack a self-res device just in case this happens.

After 2/3rds of his HP has been dropped, his final phase begins! He'll transform into a giant version of himself that does more damage, but he becomes colored while he does this. Grab the same color he has and you'll be protected from his heavy hitting attacks, and he'll shrink back down to repeat the transformation with a different color.

Other helpful notes:
If you're caught in the virus storm, don't bother blocking. The attack cuts through ALL defense, even dodges, so if you're caught out there you are deader than dead.
Do not self-res during his virus storm unless you want to IMMEDIATELY die again. Wait until the storm's over, then self-res.
It's possible to solo Cybermind, but please be considerate of the teammates who might have messed up and gracefully suicide so that they can get back inside...

... UNLESS THEY GO IN WITHOUT YOU, THEN DON'T LET THEM BACK IN, EVER. >_>

Congratulations, you now know how to beat Cybermind!

Recommended Items
Triumphant Recovery: It pays to have insurance in case you die! You can often find these in the AH for 10-20G.
Teleport to Ren-Cen: In case you need to leave a bad PUG that just can't get it together.
Teleport to Teammate: Just as good as a Triumphant Recovery since it bypasses the lockout.
Healing items: Stimpaks are great to have, especially for ATs, since he tends to randomly shoot people unless someone with aggro is in melee with him.
Supernatural Possession (Bloodmoon Device): Crittable AoE-and-self-healing will pull you through the hard parts of any fight. This one is no exception.
Nimbus of Force (Bloodmoon Device): PARTY FORCE FIELDS, WOO!

You can also pick up Zombie Powder which is a self-res device, but it works different, actually having you go through a getting up animation while you slowly recover health... he can easily one shot you in this state, so if you use this device, make sure a tank's on Cybermind so he won't shoot you while you're down.
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    First off, please don't go in without the rest of your teammates following you, or else you'll lock them out if you accidentally engage Cybermind.
    Happened twice the two times I played the content.

Just like the cut scene lock out I warned about for Intranet Deployment has happened every other time I've run that mission in a team.
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have my own inspirational music, thank you very much.

But more seriously, you might want to mention a couple other things:

That you have to stand in the center of the actual buff for at least a second or two, as there's good odds if you just run in and out of it the game wont register it.

Also, not to use really graphic spam-ish attacks on his third form until AFTER he goes into his super mode. It's bad enough that debuffs discolor him, if you drop something like Planar Fracture on him everybody is going to have to stand around and take a second to try and see what color he is, potentially resulting in deaths.

Oh, and don't bother trying to pull the probes over to a buff. It wont work, their range is too long, and they don't stay put if you push them around.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted this thread to see some life since Cybermind is, y'know, still around and stuff.

Also, there now seem to be four drones, two of one color and two of another color. Your color buff also helpfully goes away after they're gone, too!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just wanted this thread to see some life since Cybermind is, y'know, still around and stuff.

Also, there now seem to be four drones, two of one color and two of another color. Your color buff also helpfully goes away after they're gone, too!

Yeah, the drones sometimes spawn as above, and sometimes I've seen one for each, I've even seen one round two of the same colour and that's it.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happened twice the two times I played the content.

Just like the cut scene lock out I warned about for Intranet Deployment has happened every other time I've run that mission in a team.

Should be fine if no one damages Cybermind until all are in, i think.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just to add a little bit of what i've seen :

- Once, the squares change colors and the psy storm begins, if noone is on melee, Cybermind will use little KBs for the ranged players, KBs impossible to predict (contrary to the first big one). I found the CoPD (Circle of Primal Dominion) incredibly useful at these moments. If you don't have it, I really recommend you use your shield the entire time of the psy storm. A dead ranged player is just that, dead. Be cautious.

- Also, please don't rush in when you enter the final room where Cybermind is : it's quite bothersome and downright rude to let someone out because you want so much to hit the boss.

- Ask others if they know what to do, don't be shy. Take time to explain :

* That while the glowing firewalls are the ones you can break, it's useless to try to break every of them. Concentrate on one, only one, and be aware of the two mobs respawns at the center. They are not quite dangerous, just incredibly annoying when the villain one uses his KB, making you waste precious time to destroy a wall. I would recommend to let one, the weakest, alive. But I can understand if you don't^^;

* The color tactic about the squares, light pillars, disco balls and giant Cybermind.

* Giant Cybermind Color Problem. I and other players have some problems with the color of Cybermind when he becomes a giant. Electric, ego and ice powers, make him take a real different color than what we think we see. It's at this moment that I die the most, even when I choose to stop attack to scrutinise. I would recommend someone to shout (Y-B-R) a letter when he/she is sure about the color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bizer0bizer0 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When the tiles change, pick which one you're going to stand on (two will be one color, Cybermind's will be a different color, and the other six squares will remain blank), touch the color pillar, and get to that square as fast as you can. Don't bother attacking on the way. Just go.

I have to say there is a contrary to this. A player skilled enough with their keyboard and controls actually CAN continue attacking from a range with attacks that reach that far, while running to and from the color pillars. It is a tricky process to do, but in the end it keeps the damage flowing onto him endlessly. The character I use to fight him has the shoulder mounted machine gun and micro munitions, and with my game camera settings I have become capable of being able to continuously shoot him while moving too and from the color pillars.

I'm just saying that while it may not be a recommended thing for everyone to do for survival reasons, it IS possible to pull off.
    Once the virus storm hits and you're standing in a safe spot, resume attacking. Rinse and repeat.

I also want to point out from experience that even after you're standing on the correctly lit square with your color buff, you're still not completely safe. The Virus Storm actually does still damage you little by little, like bug bites, but the damage is so small its almost not noticeable. The next time you run Cybermind and you're at this part, hold down block for a few seconds during virus storm and see if you get a repeated pattern of "block -9" over and over.
    Again, just pointing out my observations.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Be ranged, have aggro, be at melee range, Cybertweep wont do his KB.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • neandertalianeandertalia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Be ranged, have aggro, be at melee range, Cybertweep wont do his KB.

He'll just egoblade you^^

CoPD works to nullify a good part of the KB... Just saying ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xreggiexxreggiex Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i don't know if this is already mentioned somewhere else but..

about the color of cybermind's final form being indistinguishable due to players' power attacks/debuffs: i realised that when cybermind turned big there is an icon on his status bar to tell what color he turns to!

EDIT: oops my bad, this has already been mentioned on Kaiserin's cybermind video
    ATLANTIS (EAST)

D E N O M I N A T O R (R.I.P)
    D E F E N D E R (LIVE!)

INDUCTION ID: 1900138G040407036004540S3f2fb2
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you are ranged and can do without it.
    Turn your EB OFF.

IT's easier to run away from him to the pillars, if the auto target isn't pulling you towards him.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but Ice Grenades can be used to interrupt Cybermind's data rain if you time it right. I've been using this very successfully.
    Dangit, now it's on the forums. Watch that get patched out next maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol...maybe. The alert is completely winnable without the grenades though, so I wouldn't worry either way.
    Or you can have one of the ranged guys stand on the same square as him. Doesn't even need to be the one with aggro. You don't need a melee tank/DPS to avoid the Detonation, you just need to have someone park in melee range during the fight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, just get ANYONE to stand near Cybermind and he'll use melee only. It should ideally be a tank because his sword does kind of hurt. If you plop an AT or a no heal ranged squishy by him, prepare to die.

Also, from Trailturle in another thread...
    Also, additional information from one of the devs: If you're having trouble with the firewalls, make sure you're disabling their heals. When one of the walls is red/vulnerable, if it doesn't get attacked, it starts to heal the other walls. This is shut down for a couple seconds whenever someone attacks the wall -- just make sure that someone's always hitting the red wall, even if everyone else needs to focus the minions.

I still say if your DPS is high enough to only focus one wall and wait, because the healing won't be enough to make up for your DPS.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    laughinxan wrote: »
    I still feel it's fake difficulty, ranged players that get hit by eruption on a square will still die. Requiring people to bring a melee tank is such a step backwards it's annoying. The mere fact he can do that alone is a serious offense.

The person in melee doesn't have to have aggro. Someone just needs to be next to him. You can blaze away with ranged attacks as well, as long as you in his melee range it counts.

Also, if you do have aggro you don't need a true tank. Just some damage mitigation and, an important and, some self healing. My Disciple AT does great as a melee tank against him with the healing from that Ego Blade advantage and the residual resistance advantage on the shield. Having a lunge is almost a necessity though. You can do it without one but you can't lose any time getting the buff and then getting back.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What does Teddy do to him?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What does Teddy do to him?

Completely breaks him and the fight (at least for melee players). Yes, seriously. Don't do it.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited August 2013
    Personally, I think it's totally OK for him to have 3 million HP. Makes us have to actually play with the mechanics rather than facerolling him.

I do think he'd be better off with 1.5 mill instead, but I'm perfectly fine with 3 mill.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A bit less hp would be fine. Like many of the CS/APs, it's just a tad too long.

What I think would really help is if the first couple of storms were set to bring you down really low but not kill you or had a rez pulse by SOCRATES after them so you had some time to figure the mechanic out and not just watch the fight from the floor or behind the door.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited August 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Completely breaks him and the fight (at least for melee players). Yes, seriously. Don't do it.

Why melee, in particular? What's it actually doing?
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why melee, in particular? What's it actually doing?

If Cybermind gets Teddied, he can be knocked for the short time that he's a bear. If he leaves the center square, he becomes mostly unmeleeable as it's entirely random past that point what square lights up for players to stand in.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited August 2013
    Ok, thanks. I reposted that in the bugs section.
  • lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keikomyst I already made a guide on how to beat Cybermind and that is in my Complete Custom Alert Guide, which is in my Signature! Sure I might add some things you mention here which they aren`t in my guide but my guide is almost as yours maybe even better at some parts!
  • lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a little late, but Servitor Serum or Zombie Powder are useful too. Same advice them about the rebirth: don't use when it's rainy. Remember that when the alert will be back in october.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cybermind alert video!

Yeah I know it's late since the alert isn't up anymore but school started for me a couple weeks ago so I've been busy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • datslendermandatslenderman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    keikomyst I already made a guide on how to beat Cybermind

Your guide was created yesterday. This has been here since the 22nd.
  • lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your guide was created yesterday. This has been here since the 22nd.
    YESH, but... but... I didn`t had the time or the mood to create mine earlier! And beside that, mine have moar details about the alert itself! Plus that is MOAR well-arranged than this one! Here are just thrown info about the Cybermind battle!

Off-topic: DON`T EAT MEH, SLENDERMAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek: