test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cyber Mind -- Lowbie Leecher

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
Sorry but I dn't want do this with below 15 lvl ppl.
Very low drop rate in this alert, lowbie just doing nothing in team is nearly stealing then leeching.

So I leave instance.

Much better doing solo.
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having trouble figuring out if this is blatant hypocrisy at work or just vanilla cluelessness.

I'm gonna briefly side with the second option. Here's a tip for ya: These things? Are but a fraction of what people take issue with in the new alert content you keep posting about being easy. Easy or not, here you are complaining, I suggest you think about what this means.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, if it's bothering you so much, why not form a team beforehand? :o
    Champions: @ace112233
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    I'm having trouble figuring out if this is blatant hypocrisy at work or just vanilla cluelessness.

I'm gonna briefly side with the second option. Here's a tip for ya: These things? Are but a fraction of what people take issue with in the new alert content you keep posting about being easy. Easy or not, here you are complaining, I suggest you think about what this means.

She's complaining about player behavior, not the alert itself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
    edited August 2013
    p0temk1n wrote: »
    She's complaining about player behavior, not the alert itself.

The problem is, the design of the alert facilitates this sort of behavior.

...On so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some ppl doesn't even come in to boss room, just wait to finish now. Awful. :(
    But seems good free lvling for them.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good news. The design of the alert allows you to leave if you want. I've done it myself... not because the leechers made the alert impossible to finish, which they didn't, but just because I firmly disagree with people joining the new alert with the intention of not participating. Before I leave I always whisper the people who were participating, offering to form a group with them.

Nothing to see here folks, just people doing things they can do and feeling the need to mention it.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Good news. The design of the alert allows you to leave if you want. I've done it myself... not because the leechers made the alert impossible to finish, which they didn't, but just because I firmly disagree with people joining the new alert with the intention of not participating. Before I leave I always whisper the people who were participating, offering to form a group with them.

Nothing to see here folks, just people doing things they can do and feeling the need to mention it.

[Teleport to Rencen 10 pack] is still best device!! xD
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I'd hate to see these people and lowbies whoever leeching this in alerts. I'd know that problems for their behaviors, but it was just a serious importants than doing in alerts for this times.

I'd wish I could kick them out of the alerts for leeching it.
    edited August 2013
    And one more, even Rez and Rez and Rez..., they does nothing just die and die and die not even moving but takes reward.:mad:
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    And one more, even Rez and Rez and Rez..., they does nothing just die and die and die not even moving but takes reward.:mad:

And that, too. If you see someone does nothing, then let them be stay dead.

...Oh yeah, I hate to mentions about this doing on Gravitar alert with my blade AT, Seztural.
    Everytime that he died till some guy doing to rez my blade AT up, but instead Gravitar'll keep my blade AT to stay dead, over, over, over and over. Man, I know I'd hate this happening.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's better to die when the fight begins and go hang in the lobby until others finish the job.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    Fair random drop rate so nice... So fair.
    edited August 2013
    So I'm now making ignore list of leechers, if I found them in team I'll leave.
    Leechers must notice they are killing Alert by their own selves.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was another thread necessary? Couldn't you have just posted it in one of the ongoing threads?
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ya know what? I'm gonna back Mona on this one. I've been running this thing with friends and such and, for some odd reason, I had zonechat enabled. I've seen Mona trying to carry groups in zonechat. I've seen mona offer rezzes, instructions, and go out of her way to try and help those who want to learn. She's polite and doesn't talk down to them when she does this. Mona is going above and beyond the scope of trying to be helpful and get people to be able to succeed. Mona even does the peppy stuff like cheerleading and encouraging people when they do succeed or are doing well.

IMO, this is just another example of the environment that On Alert has created. Do I have toons who can solo these things? Yes, many. Should I have to carry an alert almost everytime I step into one? No, not this much. Being able to carry some deadweight is a precautionary measure that alot of people undertake as a means to be able to succeed but, honestly, if we're meant to solo these things then what are those other 4 people there for? Now, don't get me wrong, it's not always a 4v1 situation. Usually it's a 2-3 vs. the rest situation but in places like FM...ouch.

Foo, one positive thing about Cybermind vs. Gravitar/Warlord is that he doesn't appear to have "Rez Tracking." This, IMO, is a good thing. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    So I'm now making ignore list of leechers, if I found them in team I'll leave.
    Leechers must notice they are killing Alert by their own selves.

good luck with that.

to me...that would really be a buzzkill .....lol

spending all your time managing names and crosschecking your list....heh.

not my idea of a reason to kerpow pow pow as a super hero.

but yeah....good luck !
    it would be easier if the last column on ignore list was REASON rather than super group.

fookila- can you beat 24 deaths in one Gravitar alert. The healer (Todd the Lumberjack)only stopped ressing me when Gravitar decided to stop them while they were near me. Everyone else was perfectly safe in that alert

Monaahiru - my level 40 got killed 5 times in the boss room because I couldn't move fast enough. Eventually told the healer don't bother and waited for my device to recharge and ran for a column then a square and stayed alive for the last bit.

ok time to get lunch then back to levelling alts.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't get how some aren't fast enough runners. I've been on melee range of him and had plenty of time run to the wall and back to him. And most of the times didn't even run straight line.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    laaaagggggggg

brain to hands, hand to keys, keys to computer then we get to internet link
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does the speed boost from the Protector tree's Unrelenting still function during travel power lockdown?
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited August 2013
    Does the speed boost from the Protector tree's Unrelenting still function during travel power lockdown?

Yes it does, but it's not a huge deal outside of letting you block at full walk speed.

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've already decided to stop caring so much when it comes to dealing with level 6's jumping into alerts. Alerts end rather quickly anyway be it win or lose so I just move on if the alert I'm in wasn't successful.

Cybermind alert is something entirely different though. There's a heavier investment of time and there is very little room for error for the end fight. I always check the player levels first before I decide to leave or stay.
    Was another thread necessary? Couldn't you have just posted it in one of the ongoing threads?

I don't see anything wrong with the thread since it's focused on something specific to do with the alert while the other ongoing one is a lot more general.
  • rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I keep reading posts in which its basically being said that because the game allows this behavior, it's perfectly unnatural to complain about individuals lack of deciding against this behavior. Unnacceptable.

Now,I am not so anal retentive against lowbies in an alert, unless there's more than one, mainly because I am not always sure they are really "newbs" per say....but you have no business being in Cybermind at level 6. Common sense should tell you that. This whole " they put a plate of cookies out there so we HAVE to grab em NOW" instead of waiting until you at least have all your passives or whatnot behavior is childish. Contrary to popular belief, we can choose to react in the only way the game allows us to, mainly by ditching your behind. I used to be dead set against it, but after repeated times of having lowbies stand there and move only when the boss is finished, I observe things a bit more closely and decide a bit more cold heartedly to leave if the situation calls for it.

Some may have a moral issue with that, but then some should also not leech, and some should also not be in Cybermind until you can actually DO something beneficial to more than just yourself.

We are at an impasse.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
    edited August 2013
    If they try to learn and do best, I will help.I can say "Grats" when they got rare drop.
    But not for just doing nothing robber. :mad:
    edited August 2013
    rowan79 wrote: »
    Stuff.

The game really does very little to warn the player about what they're walking into when they enter the Cybermind alert. The chain leading up to it makes it even more deceptive, assuming someone even bothered to do it first.

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rowan79 wrote: »
    I keep reading posts in which its basically being said that because the game allows this behavior, it's perfectly unnatural to complain about individuals lack of deciding against this behavior. Unnacceptable.

Now,I am not so anal retentive against lowbies in an alert, unless there's more than one, mainly because I am not always sure they are really "newbs" per say....but you have no business being in Cybermind at level 6. Common sense should tell you that. This whole " they put a plate of cookies out there so we HAVE to grab em NOW" instead of waiting until you at least have all your passives or whatnot behavior is childish. Contrary to popular belief, we can choose to react in the only way the game allows us to, mainly by ditching your behind. I used to be dead set against it, but after repeated times of having lowbies stand there and move only when the boss is finished, I observe things a bit more closely and decide a bit more cold heartedly to leave if the situation calls for it.

Some may have a moral issue with that, but then some should also not leech, and some should also not be in Cybermind until you can actually DO something beneficial to more than just yourself.

We are at an impasse.

You're confusing the terms "lowbie" and "leecher". They're two different things.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with the thread since it's focused on something specific to do with the alert while the other ongoing one is a lot more general.

As is the multiple threads titled Cybermind strategies and the rest with Cybermind just in the title for the thread. Seems to be pretty general.