What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130612.31 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 5:30 pm, 8/16/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

FATAL ERR0R: Cybermind
  • Cybermind will now let Viral Storm finish before doing a health-based phase transition.
  • Cybermind has a visible buff icon while he is protected by his Data Probes.
  • When all Data Probes are destroyed, players will immediately drop their colored Anti-Cybermind buffs to prevent a timing issue with Cybermind's next Viral Storm.
  • The start and end cutscenes have been fleshed out.
  • Action Figures have been added to the loot table.
  • The map now has music.

Other:
  • SOCRATES' new look has been polished based on feedback.

Known Issues
  • There are two Dr Silverbacks in the start and end cutscenes.
  • The Firewall and Boss Fight Intro cut scenes are not final.
  • You are not teleported back to Silverback's lab at the end.
  • Some of Cybermind's powers are lacking FX art.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cutscenes... only the intro, ending and boss fight room need cutscenes. Even the intro could be VO as you walk to the digitizer past Dr. Silverback and shortly after entering Cybermind's sub domain.

The boss fight cutscene *needs* to pan across all three color pillars on the outskirts of the boss fight room as Socrates is explaining how the color coding works. Even then, players will likely die the first time or three as they try to figure out what Socrates actually meant.

The time delay between the colors being active and Cybermind's Viral Storm is a second or two too fast in my opinion. My support character is PBAoE based without a lunge and barely had enough time to run from the middle to the appropriate buff column and back to the middle.

EDIT: The final boss fight is not pet friendly at all. Any way the pets could inherit the color buff of the master?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't forget to move the respawn location for the last section of the battle with Cybermind closer than what it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Getting 38k XP as a reward when you're lvl 40, was...rewarding.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I wanted to say was pretty much said about fixes. And the time it takes to get the pillar color and run back to the boss felt right and makes getting a lunge feel satisfyingly rewarding.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I liked the new additions and fixes. It feels ready for LIVE but a few adjustments cutscene wise is in order which has pretty much been covered by Falchion.

The respawn point is a bit..far..please move it closer.

Question: I was running a low defense toon (Mentella) my crowd controller, I felt as if the mobs hit pretty hard. Just wanted to know if they had some sort of defense penetration? Or did I just get unlucky with dodges? I am not saying this should change, was just a question.

Firewalls bit...that was tedious but felt good in a way :tongue:

Don't forget to replace the 38k XP with something else like Cybermind Costume Pieces...pweease :biggrin:
    You are not teleported back to Silverback's lab at the end.

If this is done how will we collect rewards? Are you planning to port rewards beacon into his lab?

EDIT: Suggestion - Title for defeating him? - "The Master Mind" Title? Or something along those lines maybe?
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone have any pics of the purportedly polished Socrates?
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    The boss fight cutscene *needs* to pan across all three color pillars on the outskirts of the boss fight room as Socrates is explaining how the color coding works. Even then, players will likely die the first time or three as they try to figure out what Socrates actually meant.

Hey, it's a virtual world. Yank the camera back and throw a fancy UI overlay on the room to point out the pillars. SOCRATES has an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, right? Have her whip something up in Photoshop real quick.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    H'ok where to start.

>Proofread the cinematic text. I swear there's a big typo in one of the captions.

>Make it more obvious what it is the players have to do. Spoon feed it if you have to.

>Make the notion that Cybermind is going to start the rain a LOT more obvious. Put text on the screen alerting the player to get on a correct square.

>Remove Cybermind's Force Explosion or make it less impactful. Once you get into the rain, you're dead meat and with his fight having a lockout it makes no sense to put this much annoying stress on a player. ATLEAST GIVE US MORE TIME SINCE WE'RE SLOW. (edit: By slow, I mean no travel powers)

>Some of Socrates/Cybermind's VO work plays outside of the cutscenes. Like the "Don't tell them that!" ones.

>Tone down his stage 3 buffed attack. A lot of players are squishy, and being one-shotted is not fun. Maybe change it to percentage of health instead of a damage amount. 50% health gone would be better.

>The VO work is fantastic by the way. I loved every bit of it and the cutscene at the end.

>Do they firewalls have to regenerate health?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    >Tone down his stage 3 buffed attack. A lot of players are squishy, and being one-shotted is not fun. Maybe change it to percentage of health instead of a damage amount. 50% health gone would be better.

If you make your color the same as what he is its much smaller.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you make your color the same as what he is its much smaller.

Right, but he can kill you before you even reach the column of color.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate to put it so bluntly, but in my honest opinion, that kind of sucked...

Most of it is just nit pick things on my part, things like Cybermind's voice is beyond annoying and really not that great (very phoned in). The mid room wasn't too bad once everyone got the idea, but the final battle was just way too annoying. I got the color coding right off the bat thanks to the last thread, but even then it was a pain for most of the team to get in and out when the color panel is overcrowded by pets and Area effects. I still wasn't sure though if more panels were supposed to be activating, or just 1-3 at a time, but again, with too many pets, it's difficult to get on the proper panel(which was usually only the center). My invulnerablility seemed entirely useless in this fight, which was the story with the megalodon spawned earlier in the ren center. It just didn't seem to block any damage. There were even a few times i was getting struck twice for just under 4k so i don't know if that was a bug, or two seperate attacks, because there was only one animation.

As for the positive, i did like that they are trying to vary the fights in the alerts more. The paneled room as well as the final fight were definitely fresh ideas, though the latter could use another second or two for the slower players. I really enjoyed the animation for his final phase, that version of Master of the mind, where he's floating above his Mental projection was really cool and completely shamed the version mentalists are stuck with... you know, the one that's half way through the floor and doesn't fit well over your body? I definitely recommend switching it's animation to something like this one, or just making it more like Psimon's, but this version was definitely cool.

As for Socrates, it's still awkward looking. It's the head for me. Drawing a few lines up the body just doesn't really fix that the head looks terrible. It really does make her look like a conehead, but in the worst way possible. I think the body should be a little longer and more elegant, like it used to be, but the head is definitely the worst part. It just doesn't go well, and for some reason the eyes look weird to me. Like it's eyes lit up behind a mask where the eye holes lit up. It sounds weird that way but that's how it looked on my screen, like there were the eye lights, then the circles around the eyes lighting up as well.

Over all, this just wasn't worth the time spent actually trying to get into it. I, as well as i'm sure many others, appreciate the new content, but it would be nice to get some decent new costumes and new powersets instead of a few poor missions or alerts that are tied to a lock box(although the first Soc mission was awesome). Given that supposedly Cryptic North has been working on Champions since around January, there really doesn't seem to be anything to show for it.
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Anyone have any pics of the purportedly polished Socrates?

Got you covered!

To the Devs... ALMOST THERE! Overall she looks MUCH better. Here's a few pics and suggestions for improvements.

The new pose ROCKS! LOVE IT! Don't touch it! LoL
    ecf865da-72c2-4198-9583-facc3db368c4.jpg?t=1376711804

Unfortunately she still resembles a 12 year old girl. -_-
    Her head seems far to large for her body, because she's missing something to balance her weight.
    This area could use some LARGE IMPROVEMENTS! ;D
    The OTHER thing that really stands out from the side view is her NOSE! Her nose shoud NOT sink in at the bridge. Her nose should come to a point and run STRAIGHT into her forehead, as shown "HERE."
    b47212e0-8ce3-4add-b5e9-60d64571975b.jpg?t=1376711870

The new "DIGITAL LINES" running down her body are cool, but something needs to be done around the Shoulder/Armpit areas. It looks really bad in that area.
    screenshot_2013-08-16-23-49-55.jpg

I am VERY HAPPY you at least TRIED to make improvements to the head. The only problem with these improvements is that I had to look VERY CLOSE at her to even notice them. I'm referring to the indentations to the cone portions of her head. This needs to some how be made more defined.
    I would also LOVE to see more places on her body with techy indentations. For example... You could place triangular indentations on her shoulders. Maybe some sort of indentation shape running down the outside of her thighs. BE CREATIVE WITH IT!!!
    screenshot_2013-08-16-23-48-41.jpg

PS: Suggestions for the Socrates AF...

-I would like to see the AF take the same pose of the Terminal whenever she's not in motion.

-When in motion I would LOVE to see her leave a trail of Digital Flowers and Butterflies behind her. Like shown "HERE"

-Every so often she can announce that she'll be sending you the location of a crime in progress... VIA YOUR EMAIL!!! >:D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    >Remove Cybermind's Force Explosion or make it less impactful. Once you get into the rain, you're dead meat and with his fight having a lockout it makes no sense to put this much annoying stress on a player. ATLEAST GIVE US MORE TIME SINCE WE'RE SLOW. (edit: By slow, I mean no travel powers)

I'd disagree here, if you have a good tank during rain period, they grab focus of Cybermind and he will use his Data Sword on them without using Data Detonation (or whatever it is called).

I've run this alert twice with two characters who have zero KB resistance, both of them have less than 5k HP and his attack was not troublesome.

As for rain timing, as long as you keep yourself relatively mobile, jumping and moving around, you can easily make it to the buffs and back to a square. Personally, I found that as soon as the floor lights up I run to the correct pillar and make it back to the square ASAP. Seems to have worked for me.

I think melee toons may be favoured for this alert, or at least toons with lunges. A lunge really closes a much needed gap distance wise during the pre-rain phase.

I would agree that his Viral Storm Attack needs to be more dramatic, i.e. perhaps a warning from SOCRATES or a better visual warning. His current pose makes it look like he is about to use Cave In or Telekinetic Burst.
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try mounting SOCRATES' head a little farther back on the neck. The neck may also be slightly short for the stylization that is typical in the genre.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    you've also said you didnt have trouble with ironclad and duratok something everyone has trouble with with zero exceptions. your kinda luck is the exception not the rule. not trying to be rude/bitter however you may choose to take this but you've consistently shown that even with the same circumstances as other players you get different results more often than not. so I disagree on your assessment. I probably wont be running this insanity very much if the travel power lockout stays.

I'm sorry but I just feel very strongly about this and I want the majority of players to be able to finish this alert, not just the uber geared and lucky like the poorly designed forum malvanum.

I wouldn't say I am the only person who has been able to pass DuraClad. Plenty of others have been able to do the same. This is not a consistent thing however, sometimes my toons simply lack the DPS to complete it in time so we fail, other times we kill Firewing, swings and roundabouts here.

I never implied that my experience is THE presiding rule for mission difficulty, so not sure why you brought this up. Plenty of CO players can wipe my entire roster in PvP no problem, so I wouldn't say I was "uber geared", rather it is who you are with in an alert and your own input which determines success or failure. Forum Malvanum Alert was designed well up to the point of DuraClad, the time constraints were ridiculous and when you get past them even Firewing is easier than them. So this is an exception perhaps. Then again, the success condition for FM is the Veteran Fighters of the Forum Malvanum which are those three large alien gladiators, this is not timed and is easily passable by anyone. Anything after those three is a bonus.

If you choose to disagree with my assessment then that is entirely fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

TP lockout whilst a pain, doesn't make this mission impossible, it just requires a little more focus regarding the squares, as soon as they pop up, run to the pillar of code then hop on the square and DPS or what ever you do.

I tried the Finale last night during the LIVE steam, Cybermind managed to wipe us the first time round then wipe out three of us second time round, leaving myself (Mentella) and Gentleman Crush to fight Cybermind, for all intents and purposes he WAS the tank and kept agro for the entire duration of the fight using Laser Sword powers. It took a while but we won eventually. I think there were at least 4 other teams which tried this alert and all passed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you gonna put the lockout in it, atleast give something to do while you hang around behind the forcefield watching others fight. It's not very quick fight.
    Like foosball table or karaoke...
    I think there were at least 4 other teams which tried this alert and all passed

Because you can't fail it. Just continue the fight after everyone dies.

Most people are likely to quit the mission if it doesn't seem to go anywhere but death, rez, zerg, deth, rez, zerg....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    If you gonna put the lockout in it, atleast give something to do while you hang around behind the forcefield watching others fight. It's not very quick fight.
    Like foosball table or karaoke...

lol, I was thinking about this and I would suggest perhaps @ every 1/3rd of his HP the lockout drops and lets locked out allies in? Say SOCRATES hacks the "firewall" keeping out heroes in a moment of weakness on Cybermind's part or something.
    Because you can't fail it. Just continue the fight after everyone dies.

Most people are likely to quit the mission if it doesn't seem to go anywhere but death, rez, zerg, deth, rez, zerg....

True, but if the mission text and VO and visuals in the cut scene fully explain the situation it may make it more bearable knowing what is to be done.

I can see a load of posts saying "Cybermind is impossible!:mad::mad::mad:" or something of that nature, IF the mechanics are not explained properly/ people do not listen to SOCRATES.

Perhaps upping the chance to get the Cybermind AF (v cute IMO) and costume pieces (provided they make it into the loot table) on completion?

Also I noticed a SOCRATES projection inside Cybermind's Cyberspace domain, which gave a bit of back ground information on Cybermind...would it be possible to have this projection moved to Silverback's Lab? For after the mission when we can take time to read it if we want.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lol, I was thinking about this and I would suggest perhaps @ every 1/3rd of his HP the lockout drops and lets locked out allies in? Say SOCRATES hacks the "firewall" keeping out heroes in a moment of weakness on Cybermind's part or something.

Something like this. Whole Lockout is stupid feature. Give people Firewalls to destroy and able them get back to fight after that. Same with Warlord, friggin let people like destroy the forcefield and join the fight (those who dont speed run **** and stuff...).
    Ofcourse i can buy dozen Selfrezzes and use those....Who gives frag about cooldowns, plenty of time to lay down and let your team mates handle stuff...
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think that while the encounter is running, defeated players should respawn at the big room where the walls trap you. That allows the player to fight their way out and return to the battle.

OR

Spawn one of 4 circular mazes in the center room while the boss battle is going and put respawned players at the start of it.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Right, but he can kill you before you even reach the column of color.

He changes color long enough before he grows and the damage increase happens.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got you covered!

To the Devs... ALMOST THERE! Overall she looks MUCH better. Here's a few pics and suggestions for improvements.

The new pose ROCKS! LOVE IT! Don't touch it! LoL
    ecf865da-72c2-4198-9583-facc3db368c4.jpg?t=1376711804

Unfortunately she still resembles a 12 year old girl. -_-
    Her head seems far to large for her body, because she's missing something to balance her weight.
    This area could use some LARGE IMPROVEMENTS! ;D
    The OTHER thing that really stands out from the side view is her NOSE! Her nose shoud NOT sink in at the bridge. Her nose should come to a point and run STRAIGHT into her forehead, as shown "HERE."
    b47212e0-8ce3-4add-b5e9-60d64571975b.jpg?t=1376711870

The new "DIGITAL LINES" running down her body are cool, but something needs to be done around the Shoulder/Armpit areas. It looks really bad in that area.
    screenshot_2013-08-16-23-49-55.jpg

I am VERY HAPPY you at least TRIED to make improvements to the head. The only problem with these improvements is that I had to look VERY CLOSE at her to even notice them. I'm referring to the indentations to the cone portions of her head. This needs to some how be made more defined.
    I would also LOVE to see more places on her body with techy indentations. For example... You could place triangular indentations on her shoulders. Maybe some sort of indentation shape running down the outside of her thighs. BE CREATIVE WITH IT!!!
    screenshot_2013-08-16-23-48-41.jpg

PS: Suggestions for the Socrates AF...

-I would like to see the AF take the same pose of the Terminal whenever she's not in motion.

-When in motion I would LOVE to see her leave a trail of Digital Flowers and Butterflies behind her. Like shown "HERE"

-Every so often she can announce that she'll be sending you the location of a crime in progress... VIA YOUR EMAIL!!! >:D

Wow, that is much better.
    Even if the devs don't polish her up any more than this, I think I'd be cool with it (though more polish wouldn't be bad, in my opinion!).
    Though this has also had the unintended side effect of making me long for more poses fo our own heroic characters, lol. *SIGH*
    Ah well. Someday.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Take the full glow out of her eyes and do android eyes with the only part glowing being the actual iris surrounding the pupil.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another QOL issue for the boss fight is that you cannot get a different color until your current one times out. It would be nice, especially for the drone phase, if you could swap colors at will (getting another color would force the other to time out).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Whilst this is not a bug which is directly related to FATAL Err0r, it is a bug nonetheless...

Mental Leech's heal component does not work on allies or self. However in PvP it heals your target. Interestingly enough, this heal that your target receives can be amplified by the use of Mindful Reinforcement which increases the healing value you apply to your enemy via Mental Leech's Dependency Debuff.

Whilst under the effects of Dependency, apply Mindful Reinforcement to self and watch the healing number increase.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Whilst this is not a bug which is directly related to FATAL Err0r, it is a bug nonetheless...

Mental Leech's heal component does not work on allies or self. However in PvP it heals your target. Interestingly enough, this heal that your target receives can be amplified by the use of Mindful Reinforcement which increases the healing value you apply to your enemy via Mental Leech's Dependency Debuff.

Whilst under the effects of Dependency, apply Mindful Reinforcement to self and watch the healing number increase.

They still haven't fixed this yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They still haven't fixed this yet?

What I posted (The Mindful Reinforcement Part) is fairly new.

The only bug which has been fixed is that DoTs are no longer dodgeable.

The rest of the bugs (linked in my sig about tooltip errors and FATAL ERR0R: TELEPATHY) still exist.

Since moving them to a secondary thread, there has been no change. I suspect after FE is polished and shipped to LIVE (next week maybe?) Laser Sword Powers will be finalized if they haven't already.

I then think that after those two, perhaps Auras will come in?

If there is time then, New Telepathy MAY be looked at.

I am sure these bugs will be around for a while.

Having said that, I know that the Dev who fixes these things is aware and he did make progress regarding the dodgeable DoTs bug. So really it's just a matter of time I would guess.

Then again, these shouldn't have left PTS really...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Then again, these shouldn't have left PTS really...

I agree with you 100% there. It really makes you wonder what exactly Cryptic north has been doing since that article said they would be almost exclusively working on champions and they've been doing so since January. I get the feeling that once again Cryptic has opened it's mouth and something other than the truth had crawled out.

Hopefully the Telepathy bugs get fixed soon, but i have to admit (as a means to stay on topic) that my playthrough didn't really give me any bugged issue. I do think they should rework the final animation into Master of the mind since it doesn't work well with player characters as it does with Psimon. This version would look so much better for players.

Also i agree that the buff changes need to be whenever you go through the light and not when it expires. That really would help people that can't get the new buff if they were late getting the last one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I got bored and decided I would try and sketch out a couple concept designs on what I personally imagine Socrates to look like.

:redface: I am in no way an artist so I understand if you think they're pretty crude.

Frontal View:

SocratesHeadConcept1.jpg

Side View:

SocratesHeadConcept2.jpg

Side view got a little to stretched out in the sketch(I said they were crude -_-)

Also, added in the ideas for the "Motherboard" concept I'd like to see in the Indentations.

I in now way think my concepts are perfect, but maybe you guys can utilize some of the ideas.:smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I do think that would look better than what she currently has, which is that weird cone head thing going on
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay so when you guys get back around to the Laser Swords can we have:

A fix for the tailor issue of not being able to change the laser sword model? I've given various ideas on what I'd like to see done and have had many players agree with most of what I've suggested in the past.

The Particle Accelerator power merged with the Original Laser Sword Combo Power. By having its stacks of particle burn being applied on the first and second swing and only on the selected target but still maintaining the AoE of Particle Accelerator. And having the third swing applying the Accelerator buff?

Getting unique animation for the Particle Smash ability. Maybe driving the blade of the sword into the ground.

These are just the most pressing requests I have for the laser swords...

And I have a question that I really need an answer to too...

When are we getting the Aura Slots and items?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Deleted this post because it had some BAD FEEDBACK. LoL

Scroll down for GOOD FEEDBACK. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    makes you feel lucky to have a good tank. control telepaths are uber squishy.

GMC was a good tank, but Cyberminds non empowered attacks can easily be taken and healed from. It's the horrible mobs you have to watch out for, they hit unnaturally hard.

That could be because I have like 20% defense to all damage on Mentella lol. But I can hold my own on in combat. No point trying to control other people if you can't control yourself in combat lol :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Power: Laser Sword
    -3 hit melee combo attack(This allows it to gain use of certain melee combo specializations)
    -All 3 strikes of the combo have a 15-25% chance to apply Plasma Burn(applications refresh Plasma Burn.)
    -Third hit applies of the combo applies Acceleration.
    -Power keeps the Advantage: Particle Accelerator.
    -Remains a Single Target attack though.

I think if Laser Sword was able to be used an an AoE/Cone it would be considered a bit OP.

Actually if the Laser Sword combo were to become the cone AoE with a merger with Particle Accelerator, it would bring it on par with Two-Gun Mojo or Ebon Ruin. Because I can on Live (at 25) with a little bit of set up and not using Electric Form. Get the Basic Laser Sword to hit for a little more than 1k once all my Debuffs and Spec buffs are in place. At least I was getting those numbers against the spider at the end of the first Fatal Err0r mission.

I agree with all attacks in the combo having the percent chance of applying Plasma Burn. And those spec choices that boost combo attacks have no problems boosting AoE combos. Just look at Cleave and Blade Tempest. They are both AoE combo powers and are affected by the spec choices just as well as Reaper's Caress and Shred are.

So if Particle Accelerator AoE ability and all were merged with the Laser Sword and it became became the following:

+Now Hits up to 5 targets in a 90 degree cone in front of you
    +Now The first 2 strikes of this combo have a 25% chance of Applying Plasma Burn to the selected Target with the Third Strike having a 100% chance of applying to the selected target and a 25% chance to apply to additional targets.
    +Now The Third strike of this combo now Applies the Accelerator Buff to the player.
    No other changes made.

I would be extremely happy about it. I also think this change would be more beneficial to the power as a whole for people to select it as it would have a higher degree of utility to the build outside of being the main power of a Laser Sword build. But that's just my opinion...

by the way how were you getting 330k in crits? the most I was able to pull together with a survivable build was around 25k. Sure I could make builds that pushed it into 30k+ but it was a glass cannon that wouldn't survive if a purple gang member looked at him funny.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    And those spec choices that boost combo attacks have no problems boosting AoE combos. Just look at Cleave and Blade Tempest. They are both AoE combo powers and are affected by the spec choices just as well as Reaper's Caress and Shred are.

You know what, I will submit to this one. Bullet Beatdown is another fine example of why this could be acceptable. So yeah, let's make Laser Sword that Cone/AoE. I like it. I was basically just holding out hope we'd get a really awesome Maintain/Charge AoE, but that's probably not all that likely to happen. So meh.:tongue:
    So if Particle Accelerator AoE ability and all were merged with the Laser Sword and it became became the following:

+Now Hits up to 5 targets in a 90 degree cone in front of you
    +Now The first 2 strikes of this combo have a 25% chance of Applying Plasma Burn to the selected Target with the Third Strike having a 100% chance of applying to the selected target and a 25% chance to apply to additional targets.
    +Now The Third strike of this combo now Applies the Accelerator Buff to the player.
    No other changes made.

I like it, except I would like to change ONE small thing. I think if the power is going to be a 5 target Cone it giving it a 100% chance to apply PB on the 3rd strike is a bit to much man. I would keep it at a 25% chance to apply PB to all targets hit each strike, seems fair. AS LONG AS APPLYING STACKS REFRESH THE DURATIONS!!!:mad:
    by the way how were you getting 330k in crits? the most I was able to pull together with a survivable build was around 25k. Sure I could make builds that pushed it into 30k+ but it was a glass cannon that wouldn't survive if a purple gang member looked at him funny.

LoL, that was a typo bud. I ment to type 33-35k crits.:tongue:

And that's with full buffing from "Laser Swords Debuff + Intensity + Quantum Instability AoE buff." Which would mean you have to time things just right to get Particle Smash at full power, it's a bit of a pain and completely not worth it if you DON'T get a crit. LoL
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Particle Smash. I also don't understand why this power is an AoE/cone. It does very heavy damage and should probably just be Single Target attack. I see this power as the "Having to Build Up/Buff Up to use" version of Shadow Strike. I would like to see the Critical aspect of the power removed and given a High Flat Damage like Shadow Strike. The power when fully buffed should of course do more damage than Shadow Strike since Shadow Strike requires no buffing to use. I would max Particle Smashes damage somewhere between 20-25k.

Right now you can produce somewhere around 33-35k Crits with Particle Smash. But when you don't crit it's pretty horrible, and it feels like you wasted a ton of time buffing up for nothing. Setting the power to an impressive flat damage amount makes it feel good every time you use it. That's my opinion anyway.

^Remember when I said all this stupid stuff yesterday? Well forget I said any of it, because I thought of a much better approach to take today.:tongue:

I'm gonna take this time to list ALL the changes I would like to see to the CURRENT Laser Sword powers. So here we go!

1) Power: Quantum Stability(RENAME to Plasma Drive)
    -Give this power better defenses for melee users! Either Resist All Damage or Damage Absorption or something. ONLY Particle Dam Resist doesn't cut it for a melee passive!
    -Keep Instability Stacking system.
    -Quantum Instability AoE/Buff(RENAME to Plasma Discharge) Change this power from a Summon AoE/Buff to a PBAoE Buff. This makes it better for melee users and allows you to take full advantage of the short duration buff. (USE PLASMA BALL FX)
    -NEW Advantage: Explosive Discharge. Your Plasma Discharge now Explodes from you with much greater force. This first strike of Plasma Discharge now does 3-4x the amount of the normal amount. Because of the added stress to your Plasma Drive you are unable to gain stacks of Instability for 10-15seconds after the effects wear off.

2) Power: Laser Sword(Reworked to include Particle Accelerator into it.)
    -Change to a 3 strike 90 degree Cone Combo Attack. 5 Targets Max.
    -Each strike of the combo has a 25% chance to apply Plasma Burn to each target struck. Plasma Burns are refreshed when applying new applications.
    -The 3rd strike of the combo grants you Acceleration. You can not have more than 1 stack of Acceleration, but the stack can be refreshed.
    -Advantage: Particle Accelerator. I currently don't know if we want to keep this debuff only hitting the main target or if we want it to apply to all effected targets???

3) Power: Particle Smash
    -This power remains exactly how it is with criticals and all!!! Other then lowering the base damage down a bit I only have a minor change to suggest.
    -ANIMATION CHANGE!!! I would like to request we use 1 of 2 animations.
    1) Use the AoE animation where you jam the end of your blade into the ground sending out a shockwave of Plasma Energy.
    2) Use the Reapers Embrace(From Single Blade Set) animation and change the cone to 10degrees.

4) Power: Unified Theory(Would LOVE to see a rename on this power also, just because it just sounds STRANGE -_-)
    -This power remains exactly how it is now also!!! Except for one small addition that will help in a big way!
    -Instead of having the Unified(whatever they're called) Stacks doing nothing for the set other then to buff Particle Smash. Let's have them buff act as a REAL BUFF, and also help increase Particle Smash's effectiveness.
    -NEW Unified Stacks now increase your Critical Chance by 5% and Critical Severity by 2% per stack! This allow's for an total increase of 15% Critical Chance and 6% Severity. What does this do? Well....
    1) It now buffs your overall damage output.
    2) It gives players a choice to try to maintain the extra power OR unleash it with a big Particle Smash that will force them to spend time regaining that power.
    3) It sticks to the Particle Ramping Up Damage Theme the game has in place. A good example would be how Particle Rifle increases your Critical Chance/Severity as it is maintained.
    4) It is difficult to abuse, if not impossible. A lot of people would take a power if it increased Crits, but the fact that this power requires the use of Accelerator and takes a good amount of time to fully build up should hinder people from using it with outside powers. At most, you'd be seeing some slightly better hybrid builds with Particle Rifles and Ranged Power Armor attacks.
    -ANIMATION CHANGE!!! I would like to see the animation changed to Dragon's Bite(from Single Blade Set)
  • Options
    xaadexaade Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In total agreement of combining Laser Sword and Particle Accelerator. I've already stated this before, but just to keep things fresh here it is again...

-3 hit melee combo attack(This allows it to gain use of certain melee combo specializations)
    -All 3 strikes of the combo have a 15-25% chance to apply Plasma Burn(applications refresh Plasma Burn.)
    -Third hit applies of the combo applies Acceleration.
    -Power keeps the Advantage: Particle Accelerator.
    -Remains a Single Target attack though.

I think if Laser Sword was able to be used an an AoE/Cone it would be considered a bit OP.

Instead I would like them to Toss Out the Power version of Particle Accelerator now that you don't need it anymore, and instead create that Maintained/Charged PBAoE that we have ALL asked for.

I also Agree that Particle Smash needs a new Animation, my vote is still in for the current REAPERS EMBRACE animation. I also don't understand why this power is an AoE/cone. It does very heavy damage and should probably just be Single Target attack. I see this power as the "Having to Build Up/Buff Up to use" version of Shadow Strike. I would like to see the Critical aspect of the power removed and given a High Flat Damage like Shadow Strike. The power when fully buffed should of course do more damage than Shadow Strike since Shadow Strike requires no buffing to use. I would max Particle Smashes damage somewhere between 20-25k.

Right now you can produce somewhere around 330-35k Crits with Particle Smash. But when you don't crit it's pretty horrible, and it feels like you wasted a ton of time buffing up for nothing. Setting the power to an impressive flat damage amount makes it feel good every time you use it. That's my opinion anyway.

ALSO! Any time I talk about new Laser Sword stuff I have to mention the passive!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the summon to a PBAoE. You know, that whole Plasma Disharge ball thingy I've mentioned I don't know how many times now.:tongue:

Actually if they just changed the laser sword, it would work.

Rotation: 3x(3xLS->UT)->Smash->Cutter

Then Smash and Cutter really feel like finishers. And you can still throw cutters in there because LS is building burns.

This would be both unique and on par with other sets.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    xaade wrote: »
    Actually if they just changed the laser sword, it would work.

Rotation: 3x(3xLS->UT)->Smash->Cutter

Then Smash and Cutter really feel like finishers. And you can still throw cutters in there because LS is building burns.

This would be both unique and on par with other sets.

Check my last post.:tongue: I took back most of what I said in the post you quoted. LoL

I think the change to UT will be especially beneficial. Helping giving players a bit more choice with the set, and also helping Particle Smash be more effective more often.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I like it, except I would like to change ONE small thing. I think if the power is going to be a 5 target Cone it giving it a 100% chance to apply PB on the 3rd strike is a bit to much man. I would keep it at a 25% chance to apply PB to all targets hit each strike, seems fair. AS LONG AS APPLYING STACKS REFRESH THE DURATIONS!!!:mad:

I'm gonna take this time to list ALL the changes I would like to see to the CURRENT Laser Sword powers. So here we go!

1) Power: Quantum Stability(RENAME to Plasma Drive)
    -Give this power better defenses for melee users! Either Resist All Damage or Damage Absorption or something. ONLY Particle Dam Resist doesn't cut it for a melee passive!
    -Keep Instability Stacking system.
    -Quantum Instability AoE/Buff(RENAME to Plasma Discharge) Change this power from a Summon AoE/Buff to a PBAoE Buff. This makes it better for melee users and allows you to take full advantage of the short duration buff. (USE PLASMA BALL FX)
    -NEW Advantage: Explosive Discharge. Your Plasma Discharge now Explodes from you with much greater force. This first strike of Plasma Discharge now does 3-4x the amount of the normal amount. Because of the added stress to your Plasma Drive you are unable to gain stacks of Instability for 10-15seconds after the effects wear off.

2) Power: Laser Sword(Reworked to include Particle Accelerator into it.)
    -Change to a 3 strike 90 degree Cone Combo Attack. 5 Targets Max.
    -Each strike of the combo has a 25% chance to apply Plasma Burn to each target struck. Plasma Burns are refreshed when applying new applications.
    -The 3rd strike of the combo grants you Acceleration. You can not have more than 1 stack of Acceleration, but the stack can be refreshed.
    -Advantage: Particle Accelerator. I currently don't know if we want to keep this debuff only hitting the main target or if we want it to apply to all effected targets???

3) Power: Particle Smash
    -This power remains exactly how it is with criticals and all!!! Other then lowering the base damage down a bit I only have a minor change to suggest.
    -ANIMATION CHANGE!!! I would like to request we use 1 of 2 animations.
    1) Use the AoE animation where you jam the end of your blade into the ground sending out a shockwave of Plasma Energy.
    2) Use the Reapers Embrace(From Single Blade Set) animation and change the cone to 10degrees.

okay I like the rename for the Passive it actually sounds kind of cool. And with the Laser sword's debuff advantage I'd say let it have effect on all targets struck. A Melee Chest Beam without knocking the crap out of the targets.

And what I meant with the third strike being 100% for a stack of plasma burn on the selected target is to have the power function similar to Reaper's Caress's Bleed stacking. It has a 25% for the first two strikes to apply bleed to the target. And I think 100% chance to apply on the final hit of the combo....and when advantaged to be an AoE the bleeds only affect the selected target..../facepalm I just thought of something...

Power: Laser Sword gains a 15% chance to apply Accelerator buff per hit. Percentage increasing with each strike. (1st Strike = 15% 2nd Strike = 30% 3rd Strike = 45%) chance to apply also increases about 5% per rank of the power.
    Advantages: Rank 2, Rank 3, Crippling Challenge, Particle Acceleration, Fission Blade*

*New Advantage: 1 pt. Fission Blade - It turns the Laser Sword power into a cone AoE that hits up to 5 targets with the Plasma Burn effect only applying to the selected Target. Upon finishing the Laser Sword Power now refreshes the Accelerator Buff to the player.

Particle Smash Animation I had a thought about that too what if they took the thrust animation from Dragon's Bite and angled the blade so that it struck the ground. For the energy wave cone to strike the targets.

And the advantage on the Passive that you came up with I kind of like it...and I also think the defensive component for it needs to be changed to Damage Absorption rather than just Particle Resistance...make the defensive component similar to that of Unstoppable it would make the power that much more appealing...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    okay I like the rename for the Passive it actually sounds kind of cool.

:biggrin:
    And what I meant with the third strike being 100% for a stack of plasma burn on the selected target is to have the power function similar to Reaper's Caress's Bleed stacking. It has a 25% for the first two strikes to apply bleed to the target. And I think 100% chance to apply on the final hit of the combo....and when advantaged to be an AoE the bleeds only affect the selected target

Actually, Reaper's Caress only has a 15% chance to apply bleed on the first 2 strikes and 100% on the 3rd strike. I think Laser Sword could find a middle Ground between Reaper's Caress and Shred(Beastial Supernatural.) Shred allows for 25%(50% while enraged) on the first 2 strikes and 50%(100% while enraged) on the third strike. So I'd like to see Laser Sword at around stay at 25% for each strike. If you also take the IT BURNS Adv on Laser Edge/Lightspeed Blade(whatever the energy builder is going by these days) you'll be able to stack Plasma burns fairly quickly I would think. Also, with the power granting Acceleration on the 3rd strike I feel like a 100% chance for PB is to much for the power. That's my opinion of course.
    Advantages: Rank 2, Rank 3, Crippling Challenge, Particle Acceleration, Fission Blade*

*New Advantage: 1 pt. Fission Blade - It turns the Laser Sword power into a cone AoE that hits up to 5 targets with the Plasma Burn effect only applying to the selected Target. Upon finishing the Laser Sword Power now applies the Accelerator Buff to the player.

Ok, I think you hit a stroke of genius with this one bud. I kind of felt like turning Laser Sword into an AoE/Cone directly was a bit to much, but if you make that ability an Advantage for the power I can really get behind that. It would definitely fall right in line with Reaper's Caress's advantage. I'd like to suggest changing a few things though.
    -Fission 2pt Adv.
    -Laser Sword becomes a Cone attack(5 targets max.)
    -Each target has a 25% chance to be inflicted with Plasma Burn per strike.
    -If also using the Particle Accelerator Adv it will only effect the primary target.
    -Accelerator NEEDS to be part of the base functionality of Laser Sword. There are 2 other powers that rely on it. Putting that into an Advantage is a very bad idea.:frown:

I also feel like it should be a 2 pt Advantage. This gives players a choice to make, instead of getting EVERYTHING in one power. You must sacrifice damage for utility or vice versa.
    Particle Smash Animation I had a thought about that too what if they took the thrust animation from Dragon's Bite and angled the blade so that it struck the ground. For the energy wave cone to strike the targets.

I was still kind of hoping they would change Unified Theories Animation to Dragon's Bite *crosses fingers*. I just think it would look so much better. I am down for some sort of jamming the blade into the ground animation for Particle Smash though, or something like "Whirling Sword" from CoX. Whatever it is, it needs to be A LOT MORE IMPRESSIVE then what's on the PTS right now.
    And the advantage on the Passive that you came up with I kind of like it...and I also think the defensive component for it needs to be changed to Damage Absorption rather than just Particle Resistance...make the defensive component similar to that of Unstoppable it would make the power that much more appealing...

Agreed 100%:biggrin:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Actually, Reaper's Caress only has a 15% chance to apply bleed on the first 2 strikes and 100% on the 3rd strike. I think Laser Sword could find a middle Ground between Reaper's Caress and Shred(Beastial Supernatural.) Shred allows for 25%(50% while enraged) on the first 2 strikes and 50%(100% while enraged) on the third strike. So I'd like to see Laser Sword at around stay at 25% for each strike. If you also take the IT BURNS Adv on Laser Edge/Lightspeed Blade(whatever the energy builder is going by these days) you'll be able to stack Plasma burns fairly quickly I would think. Also, with the power granting Acceleration on the 3rd strike I feel like a 100% chance for PB is to much for the power. That's my opinion of course.

Ok, I think you hit a stroke of genius with this one bud. I kind of felt like turning Laser Sword into an AoE/Cone directly was a bit to much, but if you make that ability an Advantage for the power I can really get behind that. It would definitely fall right in line with Reaper's Caress's advantage. I'd like to suggest changing a few things though.
    -Fission 2pt Adv.
    -Laser Sword becomes a Cone attack(5 targets max.)
    -Each target has a 25% chance to be inflicted with Plasma Burn per strike.
    -If also using the Particle Accelerator Adv it will only effect the primary target.
    -Accelerator NEEDS to be part of the base functionality of Laser Sword. There are 2 other powers that rely on it. Putting that into an Advantage is a very bad idea.:frown:

I also feel like it should be a 2 pt Advantage. This gives players a choice to make, instead of getting EVERYTHING in one power. You must sacrifice damage for utility or vice versa.

I was still kind of hoping they would change Unified Theories Animation to Dragon's Bite *crosses fingers*. I just think it would look so much better. I am down for some sort of jamming the blade into the ground animation for Particle Smash though, or something like "Whirling Sword" from CoX. Whatever it is, it needs to be A LOT MORE IMPRESSIVE then what's on the PTS right now.

That's basically what I meant about the Plasma Burn application. And I tried to edit the post to change the Accelerator into the base functionality of the power but it wouldn't let me change it for some reason.

I'm also thinking that if the set were to be made into an AT after the Laser Swords the Super Stats for it would use the original Power Armor Framework of Mechanized (STR 12, DEX 5, CON 5, INT 12, EGO 5, END 5, REC 5) for the base. The Laser Knight would look like this (STR 10, DEX 5, CON 8, INT 10, Ego 5, END 5, REC 10)....

But before the AT could be built it needs an in set Form. I'm thinking that Enraged would serve best as the stacking buff. With the Power being called:

Furious Fission - You gain a stack of Enraged every time you deal Particle Damage to a max of 8 stacks.
    Rank 2
    Rank 3
    Giant Growth