test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FATAL ERR0R Finale This Week!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
Heroes, can you defeat Cybermind in his own digital subdomain? The FATAL ERR0R story arc is reaching its epic conclusion this week, and the finale is a final showdown in a five-man alert!

The Cybermind alert is planned to launch later this week. This alert is level 40, so you'll be fighting at full power.

Read the full blog here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    By "Finale", do you mean that the Story Arc is going to be removed?
    Because I thought that it was permanent?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Okay, to recap what has been said repeatedly...

1) The first two stories in this arc are permanent.

2) This is the finale of the arc - that is to say, it's how the story ends, with the assault against Cybermind.

3) This third segment will join the Alert Rotation, along with such classics as Hi-Pan and Warlord.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the Socrates' bottoms don't drop there I'll cry! :P
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    foxyperson wrote: »
    You will cry. xD
    wrote:
    Possible rewards (not an exhaustive list):

-Resources

-Cybermind costume pieces

-Cybermind AF

-Socrates AF
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    foxyperson wrote: »

o.O oh kay.... Socrates is falling into 2 parts or the clothing pixels drops of? well not much to see anyway.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »

Is this more throw away content :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ehh?? Only Costume pieces and AFs??

I can understand the costume pieces, but action figures are just dolls for show. Why not add a sidekick device like what you guys did in that failed Dr.Destroyer's attack on CO HQ?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ehh?? Only Costume pieces and AFs??

I can understand the costume pieces, but action figures are just dolls for show. Why not add a sidekick device like what you guys did in that failed Dr.Destroyer's attack on CO HQ?

[Cyber Mind control core] sounds nice. :biggrin:
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Is this more throw away content :<

No. As Jon said above, there is no definition of "Finale" which implies that. It's just the last mission in the chain.
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice. I think i'll hop on the PTS one of these days and test it out, since i'm temporarily Gold. I've heard that this alert is extremely hard - which got me excited.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heroes, can you defeat Cybermind in his own digital subdomain? The FATAL ERR0R story arc is reaching its epic conclusion this week, and the finale is a final showdown in a five-man alert!

The Cybermind alert is planned to launch later this week. This alert is level 40, so you'll be fighting at full power.

Read the full blog here!

What exactly you mean in your blog about the "Cybermind costume pieces"? What costume pieces except the belt which is already free?
    I did a research on Google but I couldn`t find any "Cybermind costume pieces"! What exactly we wlll get? Helmet, Cybermind chest piece? Cybermind tights?
    Please be more accurate?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    Nice. I think i'll hop on the PTS one of these days and test it out, since i'm temporarily Gold. I've heard that this alert is extremely hard - which got me excited.

I wouldn't class it as extremely hard at all. It is more challenging, the sort of things level 40s should be fighting. Although I would say the minions do hit quite hard, abnormally so for minions.

As long as you follow the instruction to use SOCRATES hacker coding pillars to protect yourself at the right time.

The alert is melee and ranged friendly. Pet friendly? Not so much..at least for the boss fight.

Red, Blue and Yellow are the anti Cybermind measure SOCRATES puts in place. When the squares under and around Cybermind light up run to the colour matching pillars and pick up the buff then stand on the lit up square (which matches you buff colour) and you'll be protected from a painful almost one shotting attack he uses, namely Viral Storm.

Colours are the key for this alert as well as listening carefully to SOCRATES advice, regardless of the whining Cybermind may do by telling you she is lying lol :biggrin:

I would say the most irritating parts of the encounter is the firewall stage and Travel Power lockout. And of course the lockout feature.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    What exactly you mean in your blog about the "Cybermind costume pieces"? What costume pieces except the belt which is already free?
    I did a research on Google but I couldn`t find any "Cybermind costume pieces"! What exactly we wlll get? Helmet, Cybermind chest piece? Cybermind tights?
    Please be more accurate?

Gear_Cybermind.jpg

His Helmet, Bracers and Chest Piece (Red) are the costume pieces up for grabs in this alert. Along side his little cute AF. Not sure about tights though..
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait... they made a fight where I have to pay attention and move?

...what's that <am I excited about something happening in this game>?.... ... well this is <relevant adjective>.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    His Helmet, Bracers and Chest Piece (Red) are the costume pieces up for grabs in this alert. Along side his little cute AF. Not sure about tights though..

Tights are allready ingame. Without the glow thou.
    Ribbed Tech 2.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    Please be more accurate?

We have not yet announced the exact rewards, stay tuned.
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope that digital tights effect is what is also released
    that would be worthwhile
    :biggrin:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's an Aura.
    We don't have separate auras in this game. For players.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Wait... they made a fight where I have to pay attention and move?

...what's that?.... ... well this is awkward.
    smoochan hun, you aren`t forced to do the alert! you could alwayz buy the costume pieces from others! :biggrin::tongue:
    edited August 2013
    We have not yet announced the exact rewards, stay tuned.
    Thank you TT :biggrin: and Raven :tongue:
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't class it as extremely hard at all. It is more challenging, the sort of things level 40s should be fighting. Although I would say the minions do hit quite hard, abnormally so for minions.

As long as you follow the instruction to use SOCRATES hacker coding pillars to protect yourself at the right time.

The alert is melee and ranged friendly. Pet friendly? Not so much..at least for the boss fight.

Red, Blue and Yellow are the anti Cybermind measure SOCRATES puts in place. When the squares under and around Cybermind light up run to the colour matching pillars and pick up the buff then stand on the lit up square (which matches you buff colour) and you'll be protected from a painful almost one shotting attack he uses, namely Viral Storm.

Colours are the key for this alert as well as listening carefully to SOCRATES advice, regardless of the whining Cybermind may do by telling you she is lying lol :biggrin:

I would say the most irritating parts of the encounter is the firewall stage and Travel Power lockout. And of course the lockout feature.

OK I'm stuffed, I have the sound off. Due to a combination of bad hearing and not being able to stand the background noise.

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    I've heard that this alert is extremely hard - which got me excited.

My mind went to a different place with that.

I am excited for new alert too!:biggrin:
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *reboots neural connections after brainshutdown*

This is how they're choosing to end the series?

First of all, I was expecting 5 installments, not 3.

And for the last one, I thought it would be a story episode, not an alert.

I'm not fond of alerts in the best of moods and having to play one as a finale episode, well, that's just pointless on so many levels.

The major issue is (being Australian), the queues fail to launch when I am actually free to play.

Which is why I loathe queues, I don't login to CO just to stand around watching nothing happen at all.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    smoochan hun, you aren`t forced to do the alert! you could alwayz buy the costume pieces from others! :biggrin::tongue:

I see you're reading the comment that Trail Turtle awkwardly edited in a way that completely obfuscated its original meaning.

I'm excited about the event and will probably do it repeatedly. If you had ever read anything else I ever wrote on the subject of challenging alerts where you actually have to do stuff, it would have been apparent despite Trail Turtle's awkward edit ( which I re-edited so it makes sense again ).
    tilarta wrote: »
    *reboots neural connections after brainshutdown*

This is how they're choosing to end the series?

First of all, I was expecting 5 installments, not 3.

And for the last one, I thought it would be a story episode, not an alert.

[...]

...what did you base any of these assumptions on?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

...what did you base any of these assumptions on?

The first two series.
    Whatever that first one was and the Canada one where you meet the Roin'Esh and Cyberlord for the first time.

5 episodes, all soloplayer, not via queues.

That was enough of a trend to suggest the design philosophy of the series episodes.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The first two series.
    Whatever that first one was and the Canada one where you meet the Roin'Esh and Cyberlord for the first time.

Those were the Comic Series/Adventure Packs. Different beast.

Most (if not all) of the content you'll see this year is going to be in the "event" format, which is a few missions to ramp up to an Alert mission, each complete with new drops and a lockbox.
    biffsig.jpg
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The first two series.

That was enough of a trend to suggest the design philosophy of the series episodes.

Whiteout was made in 2011, there's been at least three story arcs inbetween then and now. Lemurian Invasion, Forum Malvanum, and Hi-Pan's Dragon thing.

All three of the above were in our current event format. Why would they move to something two years old?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited August 2013
    What story arcs?

I don't recall anything building up to those queues.

The first I heard of it was a blog announcing a new queue.

The Nighthawk stuff had more preamble then that.

Of course, if that stuff was in Millenium City, then I'm not surprised I missed it.
    I'm never there.

The Cyberlord/Socrates/Hacker story is the first time I've been there in months.

• despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to think that we're simply on our own, I view Cryptic (north included until proven otherwise) as that random horrible father who doesn't know how to raise its kid and sends it off to boarding school... which turns out is an abusive school of hard knocks.Initially showing up with a present (adventure pack) for him and making sure he was alright ( updates and keeping the community semi-interested to ecstatic depending on the situation.) But all of a sudden the horrid father has become an alcoholic pill popper who feels his son is not worthy of his time. Now telling his (the fathers) 3rd cousins (TT and biff) to simply check on the boy for him, of course they can only attempt to comfort the boy and shelter him from the reality, yet grudgingly know its all they can do. We the players by the way are the school of hard knocks (this game is literally player ran/governed.) But I always have hope, even if I know its false hope, I have hope that this boys father will start being a better man who doesn't look at raising a child as a boring chore, but as a unique experience that will help him grow.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of course, if that stuff was in Millenium City, then I'm not surprised I missed it.
    I'm never there.

The Cyberlord/Socrates/Hacker story is the first time I've been there in months.

Ah, yeah. Staring at a brick wall for a year then looking around will do that.

They've had dev blogs and reports and quite a bit of news pages on it. Look around, it's there. Been there for a while. :wink:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited August 2013
    What story arcs?

I don't recall anything building up to those queues.

The first I heard of it was a blog announcing a new queue.

The Nighthawk stuff had more preamble then that.

I'm never there.

The nigth hawk event was,
    1. find the clues around the city.
    2. raid the warehouse.
    3. attack the boss

the Nighthawk event was longer because it was introducing a new AT and Vehicles, the things we are all learning to LOATH especially at vehicle mod hour.

Hopefully, after they nerf severely the laser sword powers on PTS, assuming it's for a new AT. We'll get a good arc for that.

edited August 2013
    Ah, yeah. Staring at a brick wall for a year then looking around will do that.

I was looking at the aft view of a spaceship shooting red beams of death. :wink:

Seriously though, interesting CO content updates are so few and far between that I don't really bother with the Dev blogs.

A new queue, a new lockbox, new c-store items, as soon as I read that phrase, I close the browser tab.

That rule applies doubly if they mention something based in Millenium City.

Given how few proper content updates there are, I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not reading the blogs.

• forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    OK I'm stuffed, I have the sound off. Due to a combination of bad hearing and not being able to stand the background noise.

Can you select NPC in the chat options and read this instead?
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited August 2013
    good idea... except someone mentioned that part you only have a short time to grab and run. wonder if I can get subtext.

Looks like take as many res items as possible into that alert

• lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, to recap what has been said repeatedly...

1) The first two stories in this arc are permanent.

2) This is the finale of the arc - that is to say, it's how the story ends, with the assault against Cybermind.

3) This third segment will join the Alert Rotation, along with such classics as Hi-Pan and Warlord.

Though I could trust you for each word, could you quote the source of information or link to the official thread please? I know some part of the event will going to stay but I didn't know which ones. If you are in thruth, that will be great! Yes, the fact that bloody AF of Virus didn't drop yet in part one may have some influence of my reaction :p

Just in case, could I (we) have an official (Traiturtle, that's for you!!) confirmation of what Jon said, please?? That would be so kind of you...:biggrin:
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
    edited August 2013
    Straight from the Turtle's mouth... er... fingers.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3476621#post3476621
    Straight from the Turtle's mouth... er... fingers.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3476621#post3476621

Has there been any word of how it will be accessed once it is permanent? One shot, repeatable, level range, etc?

While a bit short even for a fast task force having more repeatable content would be nice for group play.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited August 2013
    The first two missions will be permanent, and accessed the same way they are now.

The final mission will go into the custom alert rotation, and will be accessible via the queue, once every seven* weeks.

*At the current rate. Future new custom alerts will change the timing.
    ^What Bunny says is correct to my knowledge.
  • lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for confirming. I don't read all thread, I must admit.
    So I have all time to get the drops I didn't have luck enough to have yet, I hope that drops rates won't change (down, you can raise them anytime you want :biggrin:)
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.