test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck in "The Plot Thickens" - prequel to the Vibora Bay Apocalypse

rabenschwingerabenschwinge Posts: 91 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Missions and Content
I was on the mission "The Plot Thickens". I completed the first part "Track Down Robert Caliburn". When I was on my way back to Club Caprice where the next mission location was, a burst alert started and I participated in it.

When I got out of the alert the second part of the mission "Confront Robert Caliburn in Club Caprice" was suddenly marked as completed.

I also can't cantinue with the mission, because there is no marker on the map where the next part of the mission is supposed to take place. I've looked up the mission on the CO Wiki (The Plot Thickens), but there is no indication on where I should go at this point in the mission. First the old Detroid Sewers, then Club Caprice and then... what?

There is currently no special mission entrance to Club Caprice for me.

Note that this is a grave bug. If I can't complete this mission, I can't do the Vibora Bay Apocalypse. If I can't do the Vibora Bay Apocalypse I will not be permitted regular entrance to Vibora Bay.

Characters on Primus DB (and their Nemeses):
Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
Post edited by rabenschwinge on

Comments

• Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If your mission "Confront Robert Caliburn" Is marked like completed you should have access to Vibora Bay and once there you should speak with dr Ka: Have you gone to the superjet to see if you can go to Vibora bay from there?
    If You are unable to access to it that way there is a short cut to Vibora Bay.
    Take " A day at the Mall" alert. When done don't click on "exit" instead run out to the nearby power house and go in. When you will go out presto you are in the official Vibora Bay and you can do the quests there
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have tried a the super jet, it won't let me to either Vibora Bay or the Apocalypse...

I am not sure how this "A Day at the Mall" shortcut is supposed to help... I need to go to the Apocalypse, not to Vibora Bay itself, don't I?

Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It will let you go to the regular Vibora Bay like if you have completed "Vibora Bay Apocalypse"
  • Options
    dimshade1dimshade1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Caliburn should still be in caprice speak to him for access to VB apocalypse.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dimshade1 wrote: »
    Caliburn should still be in caprice speak to him for access to VB apocalypse.

That's a special mission entrance I don't have access to. I can go to the VIP Lounge and the Club Caprice, but not to a mission instance.

Of course there is another way I could go: Drop the missioni and start over. But I would only like to do it if it's completely inevitable.

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Find someone else on that mission who has a Summon Teammate device, and have them teleport you in.

Actually, I have a character that just hit level 34, and I have that teleport device. Send me a tell in-game, and I'll hook you up.
    edited August 2013
    Update: I have the mission to confront Caliburn, and I'm standing outside Club Caprice. Send me a tell and we'll get you sorted out. I'll likely be online most of the day.
    edited August 2013
    hi, hopefully you resolved it this by now, but if not, yes this is a big bug.

You cannot, enter an alert ounce you pick up this mission. To resolve, drop the mission, then pick it back up, then complete without going into an alert.

There's a few other missions like this, just don't recall which other ones. When I first bugged this particular mission, I was terrified (?) that my toon will never see VB.
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    To resolve, drop the mission, then pick it back up, then complete without going into an alert.

I wouldn't recommend dropping the mission. The mission is given to you by Velerian Scarlet, who is inside the special instance. Unless dropping the mission sends you all the way back to Juryrig's intro, you'd be totally screwed.

My offer still stands.
    edited August 2013
    Flamingbunnyman helped me solve the problem so I am good now. :) Thanks again!

PS: Valerian Scarlet is cute for frak's sake.

• Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it happened to me, I took such steps, and resolved, for future reference to other folks.
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    hi, hopefully you resolved it this by now, but if not, yes this is a big bug.

You cannot, enter an alert ounce you pick up this mission. To resolve, drop the mission, then pick it back up, then complete without going into an alert.

There's a few other missions like this, just don't recall which other ones. When I first bugged this particular mission, I was terrified (?) that my toon will never see VB.

I too became terrified when this JUST happened! Followed your steps and was able to complete the mission. I guess this particular mission doesn't want you to go into alerts.

Mr. Lightstar, I read some of your guides, you definetly do know your stuff!