Vehicle Mods Hour WTF!!!???

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
Does we need this?
Anyone who get Vehicles want 5xR1 crappy mod for it? :confused:
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another horrible idea from "The List of Horrible Ideas." Thanksfully, this one isn't the worst...just close. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got a vehicle on one of my toons when they first came out ...... still havent really done anything with it.

its been parked in the bank after the first couple times I zipped around city center.
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    I got a vehicle on one of my toons when they first came out ...... still havent really done anything with it.

its been parked in the bank after the first couple times I zipped around city center.

I still don't even own one. I still have no desire or one.

Vehicle mod hour is lame. So is getting vehicle mods in grab alerts.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, I made a new character for my 5 year old son (who insisted on playing 'a monster game') and watching him stumble around the tutorial revived a little of the old feelings...

and then I stared at chargen, thought about what options there were, thought about vehicles, and alerts, and 'rotating events'...

sigh. nevermind
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    It's useful for leveling those sad remains of crafting that we have now. Not much for anything else.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have several vehicles i quite like.. but i haven't used any mods on them at all yet.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So is the Crafting hour. The boost doesn't even exist.

And I put speed mods on my prototype and I move super fast. Prototypes are still the best vehicles, except for when they almost nerfed them to kingdom come.

The whole thing was a mistake. We could have had custom sidekicks instead.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We should have gotten simple travel powers like Flying disks.

Meanwhile, my son is very excited about his alligator-headed Behemoth in shiny green jacket, 'Little Foe.'

Heh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you own a vehicle, mod it with rank 6 stuff. Rank 5 is okay, but subpar. Anything below 5 is a complete waste of your time. With my r6 vehicles, i can oneshot groups of 20 mobs or more with a single skill - level 41 mobs, too. My bikes are extremely powerful. They help a lot when leveling alts (quests like, defeat 25 purple gangs) and help a lot with those Unity dailies (40 bleak minions, etc).

Rank 1 mods are idiotic. The idea of having low rank mods is that you'll have a vehicle at early levels unmodded, and you'll play the game and slowly getting better ranks so that your vehicle "scales" with you. However, vehicles are extremely hard to acquire and even rich veterans dont own one simply because of the money-sink they are. If you're able to pay 3500g for a single bike, you're able to pay 20g or so for a few rank 6's to mod it with, making the whole rank 1~4 mods absolutely useless.

Vehicle mod hour should drop rank 5 mods and weapon mods. Otherwise no one will care about it.

Edit: In fact the whole vehicle mod idea is stupid.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    Vehicle mod hour should drop rank 5 mods and weapon mods. Otherwise no one will care about it..

I'd even go for vehicle mods equal to whatever gear mod drops you get at your current level.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Flying disk is called hover disk.

Think of it as a hard to steer round skateboard.

5 x rank 1, and again and again

I have several vehicles, which I never use. the only one I really like is the exocet becasue its so funny looking
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah Vehicle mod hour is the most annoying hour in the game. It just fills up the inventory slots with useless or near useless stuff. Many times I just log out, but looking at the rate, it seems to be the most common hour especially during the week with many days counting about 4 times a day on average every day. And about 3 on the weekends that I noticed.

I think they should cut down on the hour frequency or the drop rate and or increase the level of the mod.

Do anyone actually uses an inventory full of rank one mods?

I have a vehicle myself, a few of them actually, and still find vehicle mod, what I call junk hour, useless and inconvinent waste of space spending more time trying make room for more useful items that these spam drops keep filling up.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whats all this then Mods vehicle hour?

motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    Another horrible idea from "The List of Horrible Ideas." Thanksfully, this one isn't the worst...just close. :wink:

At this point I want them to make just one good decision.. I'm growing laugh-line wrinkles
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    ... I'm growing laugh-line wrinkles

I find them a good place to store nickels.
  • glop#4587 glop Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I look forward to vehicles as a great upcoming time sink. I've almost got enough Q for the last piece of Vigilante gear on my character, I've been saving up tons of keys to get the good Legion gear... After that, I'll work on the high rank mods.

After I finish all that, I'll probably have nothing else to do, if it weren't for vehicles. I can work on dailies for Questionite to save up for one of those, and then work on keys/gold to get the good mods for it.

It's a reason to keep playing the game, unless the level cap gets raised, raids are added, new gear is released, etc.
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    At this point I want them to make just one good decision.. I'm growing laugh-line wrinkles

bad decision- ok , where I used to work, they needed a new computer system for records and orders.

one of the Managing directors bought one.
    It was designed for a MAX of 500 users. we had 1500 to start with.

It was designed to be used with a different mainframe than we had.

We had people whose entire job for the first year was to fix what was broken each day. The first thing I did every day for the FIRST SIX MONTHS, was check what function keys were working then ring the Guy who had to fix.

My favourite was when the F7(enter) didn't work.

Nobody who used the system had a polite name for it. I asked my manger if I could have the guys name and address, so i could shoot him.
    "You'll have to join the queue"

edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Whats all this then Mods vehicle hour?

motor-scooters-misc-mods-wing-mirrors.jpg

thats the Learners bike, you can just see the L plate bottom rigth. It was actually a joke one, along with the car covered in bumper bars.

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's useful for leveling those sad remains of crafting that we have now. Not much for anything else.

This is true. Also the rank 1 mods do sell on the auction house moderately well to people who are looking to level their skills.

Finally, you can vendor them and it's like getting extra money.

not like other drops come so fast your inventory actually does fill up.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yo dawg, we heard you liked mods and vehicles. So we put in a vehicle mod hour, so your level 40 can get 23457829788 r1 mods while you farm.

No regular mod hour? I would farm the HELL out of mod hour.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They don't even give regular mod option for doing the special alert. It's recognition or a vehicle mod:rolleyes:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because someone had an illusion that Vehicles will be a major part of the game. Not just something that you show off in Defender's Booth at RenCenter.
    Oh, but we can use the Vehicles in the outside part of the maps in Serpent Lantern. That is special.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Not just something that you show off in Defender's Booth at RenCenter

Seems this was the majority of the game .. if not your vehicle, then showing off something else in Ren Cen.

Except those in Club Caprice
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I'd prefer that the vehicle mod hour simply be deleted. It has no point being in the game. Even if you wish to vendor the junk R1 mods, it's only 57 resources per mod.

It's so bad, people actually AVOID running content during vehicle mod hour specifically because of how much a nuisance it is having you inventory getting filled up with worthless junk.

Games are supposed to be fun. Vehicle Mod hour is unfun. Egro, remove/delete it.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Because someone had an illusion that Vehicles will be a major part of the game. Not just something that you show off in Defender's Booth at RenCenter.

That's oddly both sad and funny at the same time.

They don't even give regular mod option for doing the special alert. It's recognition or a vehicle mod:rolleyes:

I'd be ok with that if they just let us choose which mods we wanted from Recognition vendors.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »

I'd be ok with that if they just let us choose which mods we wanted from Recognition vendors.

That is actually a preferable system:smile: