test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New C-Store Item Proposal (Easy Money!)

underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
Let me start this this off with just 3 words...

CUSTOM ACTION FIGURES!!!

A lot of folks(including myself) love collecting those adorable little Action Figures, but there is one Action Figure that they would LOVE to have more than any other... An Action Figure of their personal character! I came up with a somewhat simple way to implement this ability and make Cryptic some easy money in the process!:biggrin:

So here's the plan!

You can purchase as many Custom AF's as you want from the Store. They will be Character Bound ONCE EQUIPPED! This will allow players to gift or sell them to other players. Could even be used a Costume Contest Prizes.

Once you Equip a Custom AF it is placed in the same location as the rest of your Action Figures. Custom AF's are automatically placed at the top of the list, ordered from newest to oldest. Your AF folder is not only where you can summon your AF, but also where you go to customize it by clicking on the EDIT button. You can go back and edit your AF any time you want, updating it's look at the same time your updating your characters look! Once you have designed your Custom AF I would like to see the portrait inside the AF folder replaced to your edited version(Same way Costume Slot Portraits work in the Costume Editor.)

Here is an example of the above details...
AFCustom.jpg?t=1376809231

Now it's time to explain just how the devs can save a ton of work, making this indeed EASY MONEY for Cryptic. Just IMPORT the already massive Player Costume Editor into the AF Editor!!! This will allow players to make exact AF replicas of their personal characters down to the last detail. The import should definitely help make this a speedy implementation process, but there are a few additional things that need to be added afterwards to complete the process. Those things are...
1) Height needs to be locked at the average AF height. Players will still be able to customize there AF's heights slightly by using the Body Mass and Leg Length sliders.
2) Head Size needs to be locked at the average AF size. Players will still be able to adjust this size with Heigh/width/depth sliders.
3) A NEW TAB needs to be included to allow players to customize how the limbs of their AF's look. With the Inclusion of Ball Joints!

Here is an example of the Ball Joint limbs that should be imported into the appropriate categories...
screenshot_2013-08-18-02-21-00.jpg?t=1376809926

Here is an example of the new AF Costume Editor with additional Tab and it's options...
0237883f-ac0a-4476-9d15-35eb1f9d0641.jpg?t=1376812057

And there you have it guys! Not all that much to it now is there? I know I for one would end up purchasing at least 1 Custom AF per Character on my roster(and that's over 85 characters!!)

I would like to see the Price Range for these Lovable Toy Buddies set at around 300-500Zen.

To my fellow Forumites! I would like to know just how interested you would be in having your own personal mini-you, and just how much would you be willing to dish out for it.
Post edited by underchicken on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think we started asking this in 2009. But stopped at 2013, because

The Engine Cannae' Take It!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Underchicken,

Please change the color of the yellow text in your sig pic, or at least give it a border, it is very difficult to read.

Thank you,
    Smoochan

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Underchicken,

Please change the color of the yellow text in your sig pic, or at least give it a border, it is very difficult to read.

Thank you,
    Smoochan

Copy that, I'll work on it.:wink:

EDIT: How's that?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I think we started asking this in 2009. But stopped at 2013, because

The Engine Cannae' Take It!

If it has the potential to make Cryptic/PWE money, I have a feeling it can take it.:tongue:
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe they have a specific costume editor just for action figures. Giving everyone a custom action figure that only they can have and edit around could very easily be a borderline sidekick. If anything, I'd certainly like an action figure option added to the sidekick (bridge officer) system if we ever get it in.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd buy one :3
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd probably buy one maybe two.

Now if I could buy one for each of my nemesis that might make for a really awesome character idea.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    Oddly enough, we did talk about this at one point. Finn has it right, though, it would take some serious engine work, if it could even be done.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oddly enough, we did talk about this at one point. Finn has it right, though, it would take some serious engine work, if it could even be done.

If sidekicks get implemented shouldn't be that much trouble. If anything allow us to let your sidekicks have the permanent super-shrinker like Hummingbird.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Just slap a supercharger on that thing and let's power on through this!!:biggrin:

In all seriousness though, I get it. It would take some work. What doesn't right?:tongue: I just thought this might be an easIER way to go about it? I dunno.

Truth is, I just wanna make a Dr. Evil clone with Mini-Me included. LoL:tongue:
    ^That WAS a joke BTW.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was lucky enough to craft the brain-bot action figure just before the changeover of the system, so i have an AF that strongly resembles Dr Cerebellum already :)

We've decided that it's her son :)

Take your kid to work day is lots of fun when the work is zapping crime!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?