test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

/channel_join SGRecruitment

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
A very usefull channel that with your help can grow to be the SGrecruitment channel that we all want.!

To join write this in your chat bar

Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Does anybody have an active Vent/Teamspeak server?

Tired of playing with inactive groups. Let me know if you have something going on worth being apart of...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TheKillaim wrote:
    A very usefull channel that with your help can grow to be the SGrecruitment channel that we all want.!

To join write this in your chat bar

That's all well and good, and the intent is certainly laudable, but until every new player is informed of this whenever they play, /zone is the best way to reach the most potential SG members that are out there...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jUst an iDeA- you MiGht want to Just make
    a Skype Conference! ....
    its Free, and Very eAsy few- Clicks operation. When i Play with My friends, we always use it, Also its almost never lagging (there- i Said Almost, Lol)

Also, It would be Good if CO got some sort of SpeEch option, u Know, like in Second life?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Given the way you type, I shudder to think what your voice does.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Practically no-one ever uses it... Hmm... I may try to increase awareness of it on Zone tonight.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'll add it tonight, I need more members, thanks! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nobody uses this zone?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dang, I was hella excited to see some posting in that channel and it's a ghost town...
    O.o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mighty-Man wrote:

Tired of playing with inactive groups. Let me know if you have something going on worth being apart of...
    i know is there any super groups that i can join dat ppl have mics bcuz im tired of typing in a middle of a pvp mastch.. if u know wat i mean?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Mighty-Man wrote:

We have a very active Vent
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=140730
  • Options
    theamazingnicktheamazingnick Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As, i cant create threads atm this will have to do so im sorry if this annoys anyone but please read

I have been playing CO since launch and have recently picked it up again, I am looking for a SG that is active and will help me out i dont fully understand alot of the concepts in the game such as mods, so would need some help to get familiar with them, I am active, mature (over 18) and play in Europe, also all the things i hope the SG,

Please don't hesitate to reply here or message me in game my handle is Nymphra@LittleMinister

Once again sorry if its in wrong place i just want people to play with :(
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw you searching for SGs yesterday.
    Red Academy is around more than most, I never see them in these forums though.
    The reality is that most SG's like the players are fly by night.

You'd be better off choosing the options in the right corner of chat.
    Go to the Channels tab.
    enter these public global custom channels to join;
    CoX
    LFG
    Talkytalk

Once you get that done you'll be able to display these channels and apply some
    settings as needed by customizing a chat tab or two.

Everything you need to know about the game, the game should teach you.
    There's a modding tutorial when modding is available to your character.
    There's video's about a bunch of stuff I always skip through in the powerhouse.
    All the tutorials and learning materials get repeated for every character.

The way NOT to play this game is what I saw you doing yesterday, an hour of being in
    Ren Cen looking for fellowship via Zone spam.

That will get you silenced for 24 hours eventually as the PVP/WTS/WTT/WTB and
    new players with way too much spam text in their chat try to tune you out.
    There's a cryptic number of ignores that grants you a humbling day of silence.
    Just FYI.

I would have jumped all over you to team if you were looking for someone to run a
    mission or two. But "I need a super group" sounds like you are an orphan or
    escaped convict looking for three meals and a bed, ain't nobody got time for that.

The best way for you to make a friend and hook up with an SG in the game is probably
    proclaiming "LFT Level <some level> Purple Reign." to Zone or LFG or CoX channels.

Purple Reign pays questionite, not a lot, but it pays, it also scales mobs so it gets
    to be more fun if you make it more fun. Its close to the noob zone where you'll find
    more willing team mates.
    Sidekicking for teams leveled 6 to 14 get kill xp for raiding the place.

Randomly team people near Kodiak at the police station or Chief Surhoff at the prison.

Just grab them with your mouse and 'invite to team', one in ten thousand will give you
    crap about being rude about random teaming, eighty percent will go on an
    adventure with you, the others ain't got time for that.

You can also go hang out in the powerhouse and see all the people there, and use
    local chat to say "Looking for team Level <your level>. New to the game."

Be clear about what exactly you want to do in the next ten minutes and go from there.

J key opens your Mission Journal. Study it.
    Team mates can share missiones to the team, but ideally the team leader does that from
    the pool of missions in that interface. Be a team leader, its best.

Don't wait for a super group to teach you the game, lead by example, rush in blindly and bite the curb!
  • Options
    zydrateomyzydrateomy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hopped in this channel and there was only about 12 people in it. (Rather, it told me "12/760" or something, I'm not sure what that means entirely).

Wondering if this is still a viable avenue of recruitment?
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It means there are 12 people online out of a total of 760 subscribers. Everyone once in a while, you can pick up someone looking for a guild, but most of the time it's empty. If you're already subscribed, it won't hurt you to keep the channel, but it's not the best way to find new people.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    zydrateomyzydrateomy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's a shame, but thank you for letting me know.

I might use it once or twice anyway, but mostly /zone and the actual recruitment section when the forum allows it.