test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noob_Question; wut can we do at Club Caprice?

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
There are no vendor, I never see any CC, can't duel and wut that place for? :3
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. be afraid, be very afraid.
    2. don't drink while listening to conversations, you may spray the screen.
    3. see that not all of the Village Idiot aplicants were on zone.

its one of the areas set aside for RP, out of the public eye to lower chances of interruption.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Concerning what I've heard about it, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    There are no vendor

There's a Nemesis Vendor, an UNTIL Recognition Vendor, a mailbox, a Crime Computah, and a couple other amenities. You just have to know the secret handshake.
    edited August 2013
    I have absolutely no idea.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's a Nemesis Vendor, an UNTIL Recognition Vendor, a mailbox, a Crime Computah, and a couple other amenities. You just have to know the secret handshake.

I was actually surprised at the substantial perks you get as a VIP. A daily 5-star filler, a place to buy TPs to Mil city with resources. Many other VIP rooms In other MMOs just give a room.

To the OP, most CC's are held at the Powerhouse theater which actually gets a lot of use for this purpose, unlike the nicely done duel arena which pretty much gets ignored by most PvP players for some reason. Maybe some SG could hold a sponsored tournament there sometime.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, that's it.
    Club Caprice is a social instance and you can do everything else but what's on that list.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You don't want to know....................
    You really REALLY don't want to know......................................

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    do you get excited while looking at fox tails and typing childish innuendo ?

then this is the place for you......

edited August 2013
    Dear Bluhman
    Your post matches your avatar beautifully
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a social instance. You meet people there. Those who enjoy "tavern-style" RP (players who enjoy RPing characters in their leisure time at a watering hole) use Caprice as a place to meet and get to know people "in character".

It also tends to draw in a lot of younger RPers with badly written bios, some who instigate conflict with great frequency (often pretending the NPCs are not there), dark fantasy RP (White Wolf inspired vampires, werewolves, and demons), and ERP (erotic RP, essentially phone sex with added pixels as a visual aid), the latter of which can get very creepy and off-putting and whose worst practitioners taint the RP community as a whole.

However, despite the stigma it sometimes receives, there are a lot of good players (and RP) to be found there; unfortunately, as in life in general, it's easier for the bad to stand out than the good.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretend to drink ourselfs silly and act like a drunken silly person.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I'll drink to that! ::hic!::
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Isn't it there where the demon wolves and succubi mate and give birth to undead cat girls? O.o

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    Now you know everything:

2cqnosh.jpg

zkhhz6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013

So, in other words, it's exactly like real life..............................

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Its a hunting area for kittehs that want to Foam finger dark grim wolves ^_^

They never see it coming BAFT!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's a social instance. You meet people there. Those who enjoy "tavern-style" RP (players who enjoy RPing characters in their leisure time at a watering hole) use Caprice as a place to meet and get to know people "in character".

It also tends to draw in a lot of younger RPers with badly written bios, some who instigate conflict with great frequency (often pretending the NPCs are not there), dark fantasy RP (White Wolf inspired vampires, werewolves, and demons), and ERP (erotic RP, essentially phone sex with added pixels as a visual aid), the latter of which can get very creepy and off-putting and whose worst practitioners taint the RP community as a whole.

However, despite the stigma it sometimes receives, there are a lot of good players (and RP) to be found there; unfortunately, as in life in general, it's easier for the bad to stand out than the good.

This ^

Some of my fave PvE buddies I met in the club. Its a social area where you wont get spammed for duels by some idiot that thinks they is a jedi every 5 mins XD
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretend?? :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

I agree, it is best to go in their fully drunk. :wink:
  • Options
    atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have gone into Club Caprice exactly three times. In each case, I was drunk IRL. Somehow, I still haven't been chatbanned.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they made the bartenders into vendors that sell healing items BETTER than the ones in RenCen, that would draw enough traffic in there to really stir things up. Probably for the worse.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now you know everything:

2cqnosh.jpg

zkhhz6.jpg

OMG I love this. xD
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Club Caprice has a few things:

-Decent RPers roleplaying in a 'relaxed' setting.

-ERPers, mostly 'lesbians' wearing nothing but the bare minimum at best. Usually, trash talking male toons when not in a corner in team speak. You know, 'chatting'.

-People who are getting into a fight, but it's usually BS RP fighting. Not that RP combat can't be cool, but most of the time it's between two children- so you can imagine.

-Trolls that live to annoy RPers. To their defense, some of them are determined. Sadly, they seem to bother people who are actually RPing well instead of the people who are being raunchy or annoying.

-The Crap. This is subjective, what I think is crap might be gold to someone else. But still, your definition of crap is probably in Club Caprice.

Either way, I've met a lot of awesome friends in there. People I think are the top-tier. Sadly, the RP outside Club Caprice is so picky and cliqueish that Club Caprice is where you meet people.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013

-ERPers, mostly 'lesbians' wearing nothing but the bare minimum at best. Usually, trash talking male toons when not in a corner in team speak. You know, 'chatting'.

-People who are getting into a fight, but it's usually BS RP fighting. Not that RP combat can't be cool, but most of the time it's between two children- so you can imagine.

-Trolls that live to annoy RPers. To their defense, some of them are determined. Sadly, they seem to bother people who are actually RPing well instead of the people who are being raunchy or annoying.

-The Crap. This is subjective, what I think is crap might be gold to someone else. But still, your definition of crap is probably in Club Caprice.

Either way, I've met a lot of awesome friends in there. People I think are the top-tier. Sadly, the RP outside Club Caprice is so picky and cliqueish that Club Caprice is where you meet people.

Being serious here, this, above. Cybersoldier pretty much put it together here.

Most of the people I've met have been at CC. Yeah, it's got a bad rep. So does a lot of things. You just have to pick through until you find the golden nugget.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yup. Now if, i say IF, i would hang in the club scene, i couldn't drink myself silly, because there is no Drink emote. So i, again if, i would be in the club, had to pretend to drink myself silly.
    If the would be an Drink emote, the club would be great place for a drinking game, drink every time you see a succubus or anything mentionet in posts above. So you would use the Drink emote same time when you would drink in real. So you would pretend to get drunken silly. In the club. But only if.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If Trollop spawns, you get a mission.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to sum it up like this:

I take off my robe and wizard hat.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Club Caprice... 'nuff said.

Robert_Huh_zps042121c4.jpg

I guess Lola was a reserved name. :biggrin:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How others have said : if you are a VIP, you are low on stars, and your name happens to be Scrooge MCDuck go to Club Caprice full refill for free (if you can stand nosy journalists and I don't mean Lois Lane...well almost):biggrin:
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013

^This.
    Jokes aside, this is the best and the most informative post in this entire thread.
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm surprised with the amount of serious and informative responses this thread has gotten.
    OP isn't a new user by any stretch and I refuse to believe CO's most infamous roleplaying hotspot has completely eluded them.

I suspect this to be another attempt at starting a random image thread.
    (Not that I'm against that, I'm just making an observation.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »
    I'm surprised with the amount of serious and informative responses this thread has gotten.
    OP isn't a new user by any stretch and I refuse to believe CO's most infamous roleplaying hotspot has completely eluded them.

I suspect this to be another attempt at starting a random image thread.
    (Not that I'm against that, I'm just making an observation.)

OR it was an attempt to annoy the RP community that somewhat failed. Most of the funnier posts here where posted by those guys :D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess Lola was a reserved name. :biggrin:
    I dunno - the dress is indeed cut down to there, but I don't see any yellow feathers...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nobody appreciated my wolf demon cat joke... :c

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Nobody appreciated my wolf demon cat joke... :c

Well, I thought it was funny:biggrin:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I dunno - the dress is indeed cut down to there, but I don't see any yellow feathers...

Well I was going for more of a Kinks Lola than a Manilow Lola. :tongue:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well I was going for more of a Kinks Lola than a Manilow Lola. :tongue:

Ah, Club Caprice, where you can't tell the Transvestites from the Showgirls!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Well, I thought it was funny:biggrin:

Awww, this made my day :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys realize that's an NPC, right? Which makes one wonder about the NPC generator in this game.
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mostly there for RP

......or if you want to get attacked by a pair of vampires

.....like i did........

• Options
    edited August 2013
    You guys realize that's an NPC, right? Which makes one wonder about the NPC generator in this game.

Of course. It was meant to be a joke. :rolleyes:

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Spaz out at the dance floor.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Despite the trolls, and the public ERP (not that I have anything against ERP, I don't but keeping it in group chat is best) and the vampiredemonfutas and all of the stupid RP fights, I still had a lot of fun there. And I met pretty much all of the people I still roleplay with, both in CO and in other games, there. So, that's what it's for.