test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hope is a dangerous thing

13»

Comments

  • gunsang1gunsang1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lot a wild stories on this thread... :rolleyes:

    Me thinks the peoples need to do more observings then the assumings. :biggrin:
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,770 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am willing to believe that they want this game to improve.

    Whether they do it or not is (almost completely) out of my hands.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Cryptic made its move already. We don't know the full scope of what is being done, but according to their corporate releases, they are attempting to separate CO's development expenses from those of the other games.

    This makes the product both more attractive for sale and easier to put resources into should the product prove fruitful.

    My guess is that they moved the operating expense to Seattle because it's much cheaper labor than here in the bay. Cutting operations expenses is also more attractive when selling it off.

    If the game isn't wildly popular in three fiscal quarters I suspect they will move to sell it rather than operate it.

    The last hope for those who want this game expended in my gregarious opinion.


    I hope you're wrong.

    I honestly don't see this game being something that could be sold because the Cryptic Engine would have be a bear for anyone who hadn't been trained in its use.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope you're wrong.

    I honestly don't see this game being something that could be sold because the Cryptic Engine would have be a bear for anyone who hadn't been trained in its use.

    you mean like any of the devs we've had briefly
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Cryptic made its move already. We don't know the full scope of what is being done, but according to their corporate releases, they are attempting to separate CO's development expenses from those of the other games.


    Just for curiosity's sake, can you link where this is stated? I need a good read.

    Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Just for curiosity's sake, can you link where this is stated? I need a good read.

    I think he's talking about Cryptic North; separate company, separate expenses, that sort of thing. Some actual documentation would be great, but that sort of thing is in short supply. Also, something that proves that Cryptic North are the only ones still working on CO.

    Dangit Gamehobo, we need paperwork!

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Dangit Gamehobo, we need paperwork!

    Do you REALLY want the paperwork from someone who's pulling facts out of their ****?
    _________________________________________________
    @flamingbunnyman in game. Formerly @Roderick in City of Heroes.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, Cryptic North is evidence of nothing of the sort, given they are working on all three games (supposedly, since we have almost no direct info about/from them)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

    Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

    Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

    Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welp...

    2013-08-15T15-45-45_0.jpg?psid=1
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,770 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That image encourages me to stop purchasing Zen.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welp...

    2013-08-15T15-45-45_0.jpg?psid=1

    I like some of the super hero costumes in the advert...

    Oh wait...

    nvm.

    Just call me Captain Oblivious.


    CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

    ***
    "The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
    ***
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I like some of the super hero costumes in the advert...

    Oh wait...

    nvm.

    Just call me Captain Oblivious.

    To be fair, you see more costumes like that in Champs than you see good-ol Spandex heroes. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    New content comes out and you ask wheres the new content. I love you guys.

    Give 'em hell, Nepht...
Sign In or Register to comment.