Install Arc

Healer is cool. :3

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
image.png
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, you're going to try to get the tag disabled on the entire forum now?
    Somebody die?
    66nl.jpg

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, you're going to try to get the tag disabled on the entire forum now?

3050d1337966518-book-crap-what-1.jpg

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    10e.png
    edited August 2013
    atring wrote: »
    3050d1337966518-book-crap-what-1.jpg

The tag doesn't work on the PVP section of the forums, because of the ridiculous amount of images that were being posted there. Some (I can't remember who was responsible) were blatantly breaking forum rules.  Picture spam threads in other places are just going to make it happen again.
    The tag doesn't work on the PVP section of the forums, because of the ridiculous amount of images that were being posted there. Some (I can't remember who was responsible) were blatantly breaking forum rules.  Picture spam threads in other places are just going to make it happen again.

It was the specific content of those pictures, not the amount. You are aware that we have a "Amusing Moment Picture Thread" yes? You should probably go yell at everyone in that thread mr forum policeman.

• forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Bluhman

While I accept there maybe room for improvement in my build and play style - these blanket assertions of incompetence are without substance and you will be hearing from my solicitors!
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    It was the specific content of those pictures, not the amount.

That would be why I said
    Some (I can't remember who was responsible) were blatantly breaking forum rules.

And just like any other tank about "healers", "tanks" or any other playstyle, I expect this one to devolve into a flame war once people start pointing fingers over who should be healing better, or who doesn't deserve healing, or whatever.
    That would be why I said

And just like any other tank about "healers", "tanks" or any other playstyle, I expect this one to devolve into a flame war once people start pointing fingers over who should be healing better, or who doesn't deserve healing, or whatever.

Let the moderators be the moderators. It's not for you
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Indeed. Give it a rest.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That would be why I said

Like watching a guy try to stop a tidal wave with a pillow...

edited August 2013
    meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Let the moderators be the moderators. It's not for you

That sentence causes paradoxes and time loops. Your not a mod. See look it happened again \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    That sentence causes paradoxes and time loops. Your not a mod. See look it happened again \o/

It's a comic book game. If there aren't at least three paradox's in my cereal each morning it makes me cry.
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Nepht is a good person *que Dr Who theme*

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Healers are pretty cool. Especially against team alerts like Gravitar or Harmon Labs. Its not the healer's fault if the teammate strayed away from the healer's range.

I believe the support roles are the most neglected in any MMORPGs. Everyone just wants to be a DPS, Tanks are second.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's a comic book game. If there aren't at least three paradox's in my cereal each morning it makes me cry.

We still have two pages to go until this thread becomes as twisted as the Summers family tree. Keep up the good work!

2009_medium.gif
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We still have two pages to go until this thread becomes as twisted as the Summers family tree. Keep up the good work!
    Back in the days of BBSes and FTP, I found a list of "Things That Will Never Happen In X-Men". One of my favorites:

"A new mutant appears who, after extensive genetic analysis and cross-temporal investigation, proves to be no relation to Scott Summers whatsoever."

(I also liked, "Magneto appears at the X-Mansion and, embarrassed, asks if he can borrow a cup of sugar.")
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A number of games have found more exciting ways for healers to operate, generally by linking healing to other exciting actions.

Like:
    Enemy now automatically heals anyone hitting it.
    Build up attack charges when healing, build up heal charges when attacking.
    Attacking siphons life/does healing to a heal target/everyone nearby.

And so on.

The 'click on people and heal them and nothing else' model is really freakin' dull and stupid.

At the VERY least, it should be one of several very different healer styles (like, say, City of Heroes had)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    A number of games have found more exciting ways for healers to operate, generally by linking healing to other exciting actions.

Like:
    Enemy now automatically heals anyone hitting it.
    Oh yeah! Like Sentinel Mastery.
    Build up attack charges when healing, build up heal charges when attacking.
    Oh yeah! Like Honor. (Theoretically. This one doesn't work well due to the fact that targeting is stupid and it only works well for charge attacks.)
    Attacking siphons life/does healing to a heal target/everyone nearby.
    Oh yeah! Like Life Drain.

And so on.

The 'click on people and heal them and nothing else' model is really freakin' dull and stupid.

At the VERY least, it should be one of several very different healer styles (like, say, City of Heroes had)

Maybe it's just the way it's phrased that makes it seem like you might be saying otherwise, but, uh, Champions does have all of those in some way or form.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited August 2013

And for those of you unfamiliar with how twisted it is:

summers-tree.jpg
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, good points.

Healer robots, aura of radiant protection, and so on.

Been so long since I've played freeform... well, so long since I've played at all. My bad.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And for those of you unfamiliar with how twisted it is...

It's like a bonsai trimmed by M.C. Escher.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited August 2013
    It's like a bonsai trimmed by M.C. Escher.

It doesn't help when half of the family is either a clone, time-traveler, or both.
    edited August 2013
    Jubilee, of the X-Men, was actually a healer... in fact, the Radiant archetype was based after her. As you'll notice, she heals just about as much as the average Radiant player.

There you go.

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used to love Jewell Blueberry in Tech Arena or Zombie Apocalypse.. she'd heal from ANYWHERE on the map and keep on going.

Also Tito was a badass AoRP healer before it was cool..

Personally I like the - more than the + when it comes to combat equation.. just feels more menacing (Debuffs>Buffs). Shame there's no place for that in Champions Online.
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Bluhman

The only thing I can see in this thread are BOOOOOOOOOBS! LoL:tongue:

PS: How is this pic not deleted yet?
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PS: How is this pic not deleted yet?
    Lolz ask and you shall receive...
    Was it a bit too gory? Or was it something to do w copyright?
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited August 2013
    Waitaminute.

Since when is Bluhman a moderator? :eek:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lolz ask and you shall receive...
    Was it a bit too gory? Or was it something to do w copyright?

There were some bare female chests in the picture. A bit washed out, but better to play it safe.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited August 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »
    Waitaminute.

Since when is Bluhman a moderator? :eek:

440prairiedog.jpg

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I slept, I woke, and something exciting going on. :D
    3s1oea.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    440prairiedog.jpg

He lost the toss.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    And for those of you unfamiliar with how twisted it is:

Wait, what? Corsair is dead? The Brood/Starjammer/Shi'ar stories were never that great, but I liked the character when Romita was writing X-Men.

Also, yeah, thread is getting prettttty off-topic. I can throw it in an off-topic section, if people would like to go further afield, no problem with that.
    edited August 2013
    Also, yeah, thread is getting prettttty off-topic. I can throw it in an off-topic section, if people would like to go further afield, no problem with that.

There is an off-topic section in these forums? :eek:

Edit: inb4 someone says Hero Games
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    There isn't one right now, but honestly, I could set one up pretty easily. It would probably be a General Discussion sub-forum.
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One wonders why there are not more healers in comics, for the turn-around time if nothing else.

AT-wise, I'm actually still favoring The Mind over The Radiant, but that could just be because my The Mind is a higher level and an energy generating machine.

The reason I bother with healing ATs is that my freeforms tend to be a little self-absorbed/selfish when it comes to healing. In that, they are pretty much unkillable and everybody else should just be happy with my passive HoTS, lol : )
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
    edited August 2013
    There isn't one right now, but honestly, I could set one up pretty easily. It would probably be a General Discussion sub-forum.

You could do that? That'd be awesome.

I would love an off-topic subforum and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    It's the one thing I really feel this forum is missing.
    edited August 2013
    Oh and for the sake of clarity:

When I say off-topic I don't mean a forum purely for random image threads, but a place where we can post things that are unrelated to CO.

So I can tell people how delicious the pizza was I ate yesterday, for example :wink:
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    440prairiedog.jpg

wut...@_@"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited August 2013
    artmanpwe wrote: »
    One wonders why there are not more healers in comics, for the turn-around time if nothing else.

AT-wise, I'm actually still favoring The Mind over The Radiant, but that could just be because my The Mind is a higher level and an energy generating machine.

The reason I bother with healing ATs is that my freeforms tend to be a little self-absorbed/selfish when it comes to healing. In that, they are pretty much unkillable and everybody else should just be happy with my passive HoTS, lol :
    )

the restraining order is in the mail. I'm sick of your passive hots. Go get the hotsf ro someone else, Nepht is currently free..... or at least reasonably cheap :tongue:

edited August 2013
    Wait, what? Corsair is dead? The Brood/Starjammer/Shi'ar stories were never that great, but I liked the character when Romita was writing X-Men.

can you make a complete and total bull**** section? we could do with one of them

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013

PLEASE. Every other game forum I've ever seen has one, and it'd probably help people find something to talk about aside from the same 10 complaints over and over again! :D
    chaelk wrote: »
    can you make a complete and total bull**** section? we could do with one of them

inb4 "suggestions".
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, yes. That reminds me of my first CoH toon, Alurra. She was a Mind/Kinetics controller, and the combo of Transfusion, Siphon Power, Transference and Fulcrum Shift was SO much fun at level 50. With a few retcons (it was my first character), she became a very sought after addition to any Statesman Task Force.

Team Health boost? Check
    Team End boost? Check
    Team Damage boost? Check
    Enemy Damage reduction? Check
    Team Destroys all foes with relative ease? Check:biggrin:

Fulcrum Shift ALONE would put some serious mojo in your step. I loved that power!
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    the restraining order is in the mail. I'm sick of your passive hots. Go get the hotsf ro someone else, Nepht is currently free..... or at least reasonably cheap :tongue:

Ah, come on now! You gonna let the law get in the way of true love?
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg