test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Videos where you use unique builds and don't get destroyed.

Comments

• blatantmynxblatantmynx Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    haha...hackwell_and_his_funny_moderator_tricks.

Impossible is nothing.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    LOL
    just say xenomorph :wink: and his new build.
    LAWL is all i can say

5 kittens were killed in the making of it. :biggrin:

Seen him kill peeps in ren cen yesterday. Rocking the archery it seems.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Seen him kill peeps in ren cen yesterday. Rocking the archery it seems.

Zomg....PVP GOD MLG PRO SPECTATE

-GO FIK GOD U FIKTARDED KIDDO BUY A DIDDO FOR YOR MAMA
    ......Xeno, summer 2012
    <3
  • l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how many points do u get for using Ice Slide and Snowball Roll and no teleport, using Ice Form, spam sniping the crap out of Hard Frost with Glaceon Star?

The build is the same I have on the guide I wrote (Sig)
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
    edited August 2013
    Zomg....PVP GOD MLG PRO SPECTATE

-GO FIK GOD U FIKTARDED KIDDO BUY A DIDDO FOR YOR MAMA
    ......Xeno, summer 2012
    <3

LOL! you made me snort my coffee with that one.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dunno am unsure about what he did or how, being in SoT, he was the only one who seemed to be original, the rest just asked him "would it be okei if I swapped ebon ruin for pbr?". You are probably right, am not sure about how things were done since I joined them late and left early XD.
    Probably then, during the sg wars no one was using something original.
    Btw Forz did you have a pestilence/PBR build back then?The name was Mechassault I think and it worked very well in bash...
    Probably I should've said soulstrike rather than DL...

This is probably why SOT did not last that long in the SG wars.
    edited August 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »

At that time AoPM cascaders already existed and there were plenty of them, drawn from Kenpo's build directory with... Man-of-Light being the author of it at that time?

Yup. After sniping folks from afar, I noticed more folks doing the same.
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
    edited August 2013
    Force cascade has been played this way since 2009 so I don't get it.
    edited August 2013
    Furthermore, you gave everyone actual proof that being a PvP god is just using eruptions after the imbue nerf, and having 10 teammates in bash while imbue was OP.
    That wasn't an epic comeback xeno, it was a disaster.

You accusing me and my SG of using imbue exploits with eruptions is a complete contradiction to the truth. This misdirection has always been the propaganda for many of the children in this game. Truth, AE was one of many SG's working together to thin that heard of azzhats using those imbue exploits. There are even threads I made discussing with the community on how to fight back against those people. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=172181

Then said players all run around and do exactly which they accused me of doing. Trying to find every exploit in the book and teaming people in bash. So let's stick to the facts now. http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/colithos/screenshot_2011-11-05-13-35-46.jpg

You just keep saying the same thing, over and over, it doesn't mean anything. It's Not My Fault (It's My Fault).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ea1EOLpuYg
    edited August 2013
    nesno2 wrote: »
    Force cascade has been played this way since 2009 so I don't get it.

I don't recall it being spammed back in 2009. Around late 2010 or even as late as mid 2011 it was when it started being spammed like crazy as well as spiked for one-shots.

In 2009, I recall Where's the Kaboom being popular, as well as Electrocute, till they got nerfed.
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ... 'till they got nerfed
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You accusing me and my SG of using imbue exploits with eruptions is a complete contradiction to the truth. This misdirection has always been the propaganda for many of the children in this game. Truth, AE was one of many SG's working together to thin that heard of azzhats using those imbue exploits. There are even threads I made discussing with the community on how to fight back against those people. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=172181

Then said players all run around and do exactly which they accused me of doing. Trying to find every exploit in the book and teaming people in bash. So let's stick to the facts now. http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/colithos/screenshot_2011-11-05-13-35-46.jpg

You just keep saying the same thing, over and over, it doesn't mean anything. It's Not My Fault (It's My Fault).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ea1EOLpuYg

I'm glad we're all getting a good solid reminder of why hero games is in the state it is in now. Welcome back nesno.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited August 2013
    So much agro in this thread. Unique PvP builds are easy to do.

I did this pwn with unique builds thing way back in December remember. Remember the video that I used the wrong freaking capture software and it came out a slideshow. The one with PVP Nepht ( I have ten nephts :P ) MELTING Messiah and Force Cascading Mr Game and Die. My fave bit wasn't the melting but the shooting out of air , SPLAT!

Course you do :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxxVRPjLL0 If people are having problems with say arrows and sh@t try using electric jizz hands, melts nubs like nobodys business.

Not used PVP Nepht in 5 months might dust her off and gank me a very naughty boy again.

Making a decent build that aint cookie cutter aint hard >_>

TOP TIP : Dreads can get in the way of arrows.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So much agro in this thread. Unique PvP builds are easy to do.

I did this pwn with unique builds thing way back in December remember. Remember the video that I used the wrong freaking capture software and it came out a slideshow. The one with PVP Nepht ( I have ten nephts :P ) MELTING Messiah and Force Cascading Mr Game and Die. My fave bit wasn't the melting but the shooting out of air , SPLAT!

Course you do :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxxVRPjLL0 If people are having problems with say arrows and sh@t try using electric jizz hands, melts nubs like nobodys business.

Not used PVP Nepht in 5 months might dust her off and gank me a very naughty boy again.

Making a decent build that aint cookie cutter aint hard >_>

TOP TIP : Dreads can get in the way of arrows.

Sorry for not editing the quoted message, it's a bit had on I-phone and I cba.

FYI that build is in no way original. No offence but it really did just look like a mash up of various skills, one big problem being that you had way too many attack skills. The video didn't really prove much, I remember watching it a while ago. All it showed was you standing in the middle of everyone, if I stood like how you did I would get many players suddenly jumping on me. Lol I should actually record some videos some time, it's kinda funny sometimes. ;)
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for not editing the quoted message, it's a bit had on I-phone and I cba.

FYI that build is in no way original. No offence but it really did just look like a mash up of various skills, one big problem being that you had way too many attack skills. The video didn't really prove much, I remember watching it a while ago. All it showed was you standing in the middle of everyone, if I stood like how you did I would get many players suddenly jumping on me. Lol I should actually record some videos some time, it's kinda funny sometimes. ;)

LOL how many of you use lightning, invul , force builds REALLY you are all two gun aopm. Come now I melted your face deal with it.
    I took attacks from both you and Mr Game and Die at the same time and I still killed you both.
    You wernt swamped not many of us were playing ^__^

You die easy son.
    edited August 2013
    LOL how many of you use lightning, invul , force builds REALLY you are all two gun aopm. Come now I melted your face deal with it.
    I took attacks from both you and Mr Game and Die at the same time and I still killed you both.

You die easy son.

Even nesno is now... so much for the epic comeback.

Nepht, I notice in your video that you weren't being attacked much. How can I build to avoid having other players attack me without using stealth? Very interesting...the only time I notice people not being attacked is when they're not actually a threat...

edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Nepht, I notice in your video that you weren't being attacked much. How can I build to avoid having other players attack me without using stealth? Very interesting...the only time I notice people not being attacked is when they're not actually a threat...

Funny I got attacked at all sides. You either blind or a moron. Take your pic which one im not fussed. I might not PvP often but I PvP more than you. Seriously today bring your Smoo. Your welcome to duel me anytime and I will happily wipe the floor with your face.

Why am I raging at you and not Messiah because Messiah does beat me more than I beat him and you know what I'm cool with that. But you. You dont even PvP and you think you can comment. Stick to the girly anime pictures.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Funny I got attacked at all sides. You either blind or a moron. Take your pic which one im not fussed. I might not PvP often but I PvP more than you. Seriously today bring your Smoo. Your welcome to duel me anytime and I will happily wipe the floor with your face.

Why am I raging at you and not Messiah because Messiah does beat me more than I beat him and you know what I'm cool with that. But you. You dont even PvP and you think you can comment. Stick to the girly anime pictures.

b00m_r4wr?

Anyway I never really target Nepht cuz I usually have more pressing opponents to go after, or I myself am being that target.
    edited August 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    b00m_r4wr?

Anyway I never really target Nepht cuz I usually have more pressing opponents to go after, or I myself am being that target.

Yeah sorry about ranting on your thread Ooby. BUT OMG she doesnt even PvP and shes thinks she knows it all >_>
    I dont mind you saying I suck at PvP your better than me at it but HER, SMOOCHAN she can hardly cope with PvE.

She wailed on everyone NESNO, you, me me etc etc on this thread without showing one vid of herself in BASH.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah sorry about ranting on your thread Ooby. BUT OMG she doesnt even PvP and shes thinks she knows it all >_>
    I dont mind you saying I suck at PvP your better than me at it but HER, SMOOCHAN she can hardly cope with PvE.

She wailed on everyone NESNO, you, me me etc etc on this thread without showing one vid of herself in BASH.

I hear you, people are so annoying sometimes. Like your friend the naughty mynx aka Yuko Redux.

This is smoochan's thread, btw!
    edited August 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    I hear you, people are so annoying sometimes. Like your friend the naughty mynx aka Yuko Redux.

This is smoochan's thread, btw!

I know that (after you pointed it out there :D) what gets me she posts teh thread then wails on us when we post its, like an ambush of sorts >_>

I cant do much about the last part Lucy is what she is :D

Where is the vid of Smoochans unique build in BASH?
    edited August 2013

you would never see me using a unique build in pvp, because I know they don't work... that's kind of the whole point of this thread, ey?

Nice to see you rage seriously over something though; guess you're just as bugged up about the state of pvp as I am after all.

edit: I don't actually ever see you in bash Nepht. What times of day do you usually que?

edited August 2013

you would never see me using a unique build in pvp, because I know they don't work... that's kind of the whole point of this thread, ey?

Nice to see you rage seriously over something though; guess you're just as bugged up about the state of pvp as I am after all.

edit: I don't actually ever see you in bash Nepht. What times of day do you usually que?

Yeah Sorry bout' that ._." About 1am pacific time. Ive been BASHing with my Impulse Dr. Deflecto :P

I aint not PvPer but like Mal points out I am pals with a few. Oddly him , Lucy and Mr F and I'm rather found of old Nesno. I dont like how the devs treat them they pay so much into the game and get treated like poo. So i've been a bit rage face of late :<

* even Messiah is alright but dont tell him that*
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I take it back.

No video from me.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited August 2013
    I take it back.

No video from me.

We have angered the Brou o.o"
    edited August 2013

I tried man, every time I entered bash I have my same old fan club 3 vs 1 me with Device based builds. Not to mention they are rotating eruptions, really not possible to be unique in this environment, at least for me it's not.
    edited August 2013

You die easy son.

Many people do the lightning, sonic device thing. Not original.

Invuln + your buff form summed your build up. To use bountiful chi with it is just crazy... Why not just go use energy shield with melee attacks while you're at it.

Then it almost seemed kinda random for force cascade to be there. Plus force cascade has been popular for ages.

I've never really used that cheese build, plus quarry tgm is better anyway.

Where did it say I was messiah? 0.o if I was in that bash with 5k hp and a sr that would one shot you then you may start to see why people jump on me, especially when I use to use ice form.

I don't like people swarming messiah, it seems kinda pointless. He doesn't really hit much, just ego sleep him and leave him stuck fo 5 seconds. ;D
    edited August 2013
    We have angered the Brou o.o"

wait... angering people cause them to not post videos? ...since when?

I tried man, every time I entered bash I have my same old fan club 3 vs 1 me with Device based builds. Not to mention they are rotating eruptions, really not possible to be unique in this environment, at least for me it's not.

Yeah, pretty much.

edited August 2013
    I spent a lot of time in the power house friend, working on this challenge and I found some pretty fun builds to play but when I took them to bash, I never even got a chance to make a video for you because I had SOT or Dark Crusade members ganking me, using eruptions.

Smoochan there are two groups of people now in CO PVP some of the core vets, their SG's and their friends. For Example: Spectre seems to encourage new build types and respect all players in bash by not steam rolling them.

Then there is Dark Crusade and SOT, or Mc Luvin and Aphrodite that are using eruptions and crazy amounts of devices to farm everyone that enters the arena, regardless of their skill level.

So when people want to take up this challenge and they go to bash, they have to be willing to accept that they may or will get farmed by these people and their friends or leave the bash.

I'm very sorry I couldn't follow through on my word, I was having fun working on some ideas for a video/ But I get harassed in the game pretty bad, there is always someone or 2 people that focus exclusively me. For example: Even here in your topic thread, immediately after my first night using chainsaw, Sterg trolls me in your forum for it all the while he spammed 3 ice nades, telekenic force fields, Strafing runs and Eruptions.

-Xeno
    edited August 2013
    text
    -Xeno

the only way you could do it is with perm stealth or having someone with ego sleep in bash with you. Counter tgm, use 100ft attacks, remember they exploit, learn what this means. (don't bother snaring)

I wanna see if they have changed build at all now, they are almost certainly using every exploit in the book.
    edited August 2013
    [...]
    -Xeno

Yeah, that's the current pvp climate, been that way for a while. Like I've been saying for years, there's always gonna be someone who spoils it for everyone else, and with devices the devs essentially put the tools to make that fact even worse into the game.

As far as folks from Spectre supporting new build types... I dunno, to my eyes certain of their members seem just as happy as anyone else to farm a squishy, then accuse them of wrongdoing after 0-10ing them at the spawn point. But hey, maybe it was an accident or I "miss-saw" what happened.

If I had to put the current state of PvP into a nice neat little phrase... I think it would go something like:

No more heroes.

edited August 2013

Yeah, that's the current pvp climate, been that way for a while. Like I've been saying for years, there's always gonna be someone who spoils it for everyone else, and with devices the devs essentially put the tools to make that fact even worse into the game.

As far as folks from Spectre supporting new build types... I dunno, to my eyes certain of their members seem just as happy as anyone else to farm a squishy, then accuse them of wrongdoing after 0-10ing them at the spawn point. But hey, maybe it was an accident or I "miss-saw" what happened.

If I had to put the current state of PvP into a nice neat little phrase... I think it would go something like:

No more heroes.

I'll post some of my score boards soon to proove you wrong if you like. 10-0 against like 5 others all of which I have on equal deaths. I don't not die often though in bash ;D
    edited August 2013
    Smoochan there are two groups of people now in CO PVP some of the core vets, their SG's and their friends. For Example: Spectre seems to encourage new build types and respect all players in bash by not steam rolling them.
    -Xeno

Correct. I am probably one of the most notably 'different' in the sense of builds within Spectre. I use THEMATIC builds, like Glaceon using Ice Slide in BASH. Yes! Ice Slide!! As far as respecting other players? always respect other players. I don't farm them new folks entering BASH...

As far as folks from Spectre supporting new build types... I dunno, to my eyes certain of their members seem just as happy as anyone else to farm a squishy, then accuse them of wrongdoing after 0-10ing them at the spawn point.

I'm being encouraged to turn some of my THEMATIC builds into true PvP, while retaining the "core" of my original builds.

BTW, I uploaded a video of Glaceon Star in BASH. I was using Ice Slide & Snowball Roll, NO Teleport, no Eruption device. Managed to kill a few folks too. Oh, and I hope you noticed how I didn't go after one specific person (to farm) and how Jewel & fought each other, despite being of the same SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqBquzClrY&feature=youtu.be
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know if the different teleport tp's have a shared cooldown? Also is ninja vanish any good, stealth wise surely it atleast matches teleport?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ninja vanish is awful. If you want a good second "oh crap" button, that vapor form from the ice tree is a great idea. pretty sure the teleports do not share a cooldown, but vapor form doesn't play on the same rules at all, and still works if you're nailed to the ground.

Spectre has been pretty chill, from what I've seen. I can't say I can verify the spawn camping thing. I seem new, since I'm just coming back, and I've got a few legit new players I've been bringing in. I've yet to hear any complaints.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • omnesvanitasomnesvanitas Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you want a good second "oh crap" button, that vapor form from the ice tree is a great idea. pretty sure the teleports do not share a cooldown, but vapor form doesn't play on the same rules at all, and still works if you're nailed to the ground

Yes I use Vapor Form with Master of The Mind at the sametime and all I can say is the damage is THROUGH the ROOF 4K DPS WHILE ICE CAGING!!! Not only that but my health and defence is much lower, I can easily tank one ice grenade without losing any HP. Now if I combined that with Ego Surge and Dark Transfusion that'd be game over, dominate PvP for 4 years.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mad banana had a duel character named "nerf mee" that worked around the same kinda idea. Using vapor form in duels to throw ice cages while being impossible to kill. I don't even have words for how frustrating that thing was to duel.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol you listed all of the deffensive actives, and the only two major heals in the game and want someone to make a build without them @_@... anyhow other than the heals and masterful dodge I'd say my build is pretty unique and succeeds pretty damn well, don't really need to show you a video :/ I'm normally online, making weird builds is my forte, I have another one thats a force user who has literally no other stat than ego, with legions equipped... he dies pretty quick, but if you don't have knock resistance/ if force geyser from some average joe pops you up, (which he doesn't have) then even by clapping my hands you'll go flying halfway across downtown detroit, and if I use force cascade with him you'll be disoriented in real life about where it is you landed >_<. Making builds is easy, and theres hundreds of ways of making things work if not thousands of ways. Its all about placing yourself in your characters shoes AFTER you pick a fun concept, like "ok so I have this general type of moveset, so what are my weaknesses what are my strengths, are my strengths strong enough if so whats a way to fix my weaknesses, there has to be a way to fill the hole someway in my defense, should I go and say screw defense and just go all out, what should I do, and from there you start finding what feels best for you, because as long as you hold a semblance of synergy it doesn't matter what you do :D - love 28th
    edited August 2013
    lol you listed all of the deffensive actives, and the only two major heals in the game and want someone to make a build without them @_@... [...]

you could have just stopped here and said that you agree with me. Not sure what you thought the point of the rest of the post was. All that "do what you think is fun" and "just use what feels right for you" is all nice and philosophical and what not, but philosophy doesn't have much to do with the point of this thread.

edited August 2013
    I live and breath philosophy sis, if it isn't in this thread I'll add the seasoning personally, its what I do +_+
    edited August 2013

you could have just stopped here and said that you agree with me. Not sure what you thought the point of the rest of the post was. All that "do what you think is fun" and "just use what feels right for you" is all nice and philosophical and what not, but philosophy doesn't have much to do with the point of this thread.

Smock, cut the hypocrisy already and tell me, who beat u up so badly that made you write in piss and cry about shiz u don't know? Was it mal? Was it meh? A guy from school? You red hairy? Pm me if you dont want everyone to know about it... I can help u.
    I'm your friend.

/Color yellllllowepiss
    /Color brownybrawnieshiz
    edited August 2013
    Smock, cut the hypocrisy already and tell me, who beat u up so badly that made you write in piss and cry about shiz u don't know? Was it mal? Was it meh? A guy from school? You red hairy? Pm me if you dont want everyone to know about it... I can help u.
    I'm your friend.

/Color yellllllowepiss
    /Color brownybrawnieshiz

If I was going to give you a list of all the people who have ever beat me in PvP, I could save us both some time and just say "Everybody ever". This isn't about winning and losing; all these years later, and there are still people who just don't get that. What happened to you that everything has to be about W/L record? To put it in perspective, winning and losing are what happen at the end of pvp; I'm concerned with what happens during pvp.

Also, didn't you quit? Don't see why you would stop having fun with a perfect W/L record. I'm gonna go read your quit thread again to put your post into better perspective.

• skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I normally dont post here much these days, not alot of hope in me left for this game I once briefely( as in right up until the day this game went live) thought it would over shadow CoH. And it will forever pain me to know even for a moment I doubted in Paragon.

But all I am seeing from this threads OP is utter tripe largely based on some bias against real PvP.

BASH was my bread and butter in CO once long ago. I was one of the founders of N.I.N.J.A an SG forged in the first days of CO where each member was simply a nameless Ninja in a nondescript black suit. Many other SGs soon followed with similiar themes based on clones, multiple man powers, robots and alien armies of faceless masses. These where the great days of early pvp when FOTM was still be defined and what was OP and what was not was still largely an unknown in need of being discovered.

The same tactics which still dominated BASH back then do today, and still carebears like the OP dont get that what they want is not a free for all fight fest in the first place. Tagging, hitting and running, avoiding head on confrontations, and targetting those who are easiest for you to take down is the LOGICAL way to approach a BASH match.

And who says anyone playing PVP outside of yourself smoo, is there to be a hero? When Ninja Qd for bash or team, Ninja where there as mercenary killers hired by nameless faceless forces to take down supers. In BASH we where frequently yelled at for being cheaters, but nothing in the game says 2 or more in bash cant team up to conquer it. and a handful of ninja all identical could terribly upset those not really serious about RPPVP as each Ninja was in our ranks.

But sadly CO had poor player retention and like many, our ranks dwindled over time even as life timers walked away perma canceling their accounts in disgust and contempt over the games development or lack there of.

My Ninja@SkyTomCar carried on with a handful of allies for a time after that, but the hate on the forums by care bears against clone armies as they hatefully called all with such a style started to drive off even more. Until all taht was left for pvp where the hardest core and most casual, and the mix of those only desroyed pvp here at CO forever with a mindset like Smoos here becoming not uncommon for casuals who step into pvp and get torn apart.

The game didnt really change, but the playerbase did because of the stagnant game development. They had all the time in the world to refine builds and new comers could never hope to challenge them, AT/FF only compounded things as those with little build skill who went FF would feel like they either needed to follow a build from the forums and thus forever be cursed with lacking the same capabilities as that builds creator surely had.

In the end BASH is about guerilla warfare or gang banging. thats it. if you want one on one do a duel, if you want one against many just Q for a team match, this games ****ty Qs will often pit you 1 on 5 and let you find out how tough you really are, which even for super pvp builds is rarely tought enough to soak up 5 other players at once.Saw one or two zombies back in the day who could but they where rare.

On a final note alot of the OPs no no powers are among such long time popular staple powers for alot of RP flavor builds, her claim to want to see diversity and theme flavor is clearly false, just a straw man to draw fire away from the truth that they cant stand being killed by other players who spec for taking down the biggest and baddest. Happens in PVE to.

Still recall my first pug in Resistance so many years ago now it seems, I on my character Psike@SkyTomCar and another player in a very competent build where the only 2 to not be instantly killed and locked out of the end battle, and the rest of the team spent the entire time not ******** about the lock out mechanic being cheap challenge, but about the game scaling a super heroic end battle to OP mage tank builds. Go figure a game about beings like super man expects you to build to be a superman.
    edited August 2013
    skylyger wrote: »
    I normally dont post here much these days, not alot of hope in me left for this game I once briefely( as in right up until the day this game went live) thought it would over shadow CoH. And it will forever pain me to know even for a moment I doubted in Paragon.

But all I am seeing from this threads OP is utter tripe largely based on some bias against real PvP.

BASH was my bread and butter in CO once long ago. I was one of the founders of N.I.N.J.A an SG forged in the first days of CO where each member was simply a nameless Ninja in a nondescript black suit. Many other SGs soon followed with similiar themes based on clones, multiple man powers, robots and alien armies of faceless masses. These where the great days of early pvp when FOTM was still be defined and what was OP and what was not was still largely an unknown in need of being discovered.

The same tactics which still dominated BASH back then do today, and still carebears like the OP dont get that what they want is not a free for all fight fest in the first place. Tagging, hitting and running, avoiding head on confrontations, and targetting those who are easiest for you to take down is the LOGICAL way to approach a BASH match.

And who says anyone playing PVP outside of yourself smoo, is there to be a hero? When Ninja Qd for bash or team, Ninja where there as mercenary killers hired by nameless faceless forces to take down supers. In BASH we where frequently yelled at for being cheaters, but nothing in the game says 2 or more in bash cant team up to conquer it. and a handful of ninja all identical could terribly upset those not really serious about RPPVP as each Ninja was in our ranks.

But sadly CO had poor player retention and like many, our ranks dwindled over time even as life timers walked away perma canceling their accounts in disgust and contempt over the games development or lack there of.

My Ninja@SkyTomCar carried on with a handful of allies for a time after that, but the hate on the forums by care bears against clone armies as they hatefully called all with such a style started to drive off even more. Until all taht was left for pvp where the hardest core and most casual, and the mix of those only desroyed pvp here at CO forever with a mindset like Smoos here becoming not uncommon for casuals who step into pvp and get torn apart.

The game didnt really change, but the playerbase did because of the stagnant game development. They had all the time in the world to refine builds and new comers could never hope to challenge them, AT/FF only compounded things as those with little build skill who went FF would feel like they either needed to follow a build from the forums and thus forever be cursed with lacking the same capabilities as that builds creator surely had.

In the end BASH is about guerilla warfare or gang banging. thats it. if you want one on one do a duel, if you want one against many just Q for a team match, this games ****ty Qs will often pit you 1 on 5 and let you find out how tough you really are, which even for super pvp builds is rarely tought enough to soak up 5 other players at once.Saw one or two zombies back in the day who could but they where rare.

On a final note alot of the OPs no no powers are among such long time popular staple powers for alot of RP flavor builds, her claim to want to see diversity and theme flavor is clearly false, just a straw man to draw fire away from the truth that they cant stand being killed by other players who spec for taking down the biggest and baddest. Happens in PVE to.

Still recall my first pug in Resistance so many years ago now it seems, I on my character Psike@SkyTomCar and another player in a very competent build where the only 2 to not be instantly killed and locked out of the end battle, and the rest of the team spent the entire time not ******** about the lock out mechanic being cheap challenge, but about the game scaling a super heroic end battle to OP mage tank builds. Go figure a game about beings like super man expects you to build to be a superman.

All that typing... and you could have just typed "I agree with everything you said Smoochan" and effectively said the same thing. Not sure where you got your interpretations of my post, but it's defective.

Also you kind of trailed off at the end there...who said anything about theme?

edited August 2013
    Smock, u never even played yet you talk shiz everywhere.
    And either u keep this hypocrisy going on and your opinion ends up being so generic and contradicts itself at some points, since u keep saying to anyone that he is stating your opinion, even tho it contradicts your real, first post opinion, or you stop acting silly.
    If you gonna choose the first, I suggest reading Schopenhauer's book "the art of being right" or similar philosophical essays (you should probably start off with something like " philosophy for dummies"), 'coz at the moment you are doing very bad, even worse than lucidity I could say.
    edited August 2013
    [tell] Smoochan : I do it all because Biffsmackwell dueled me and won.
    [tell] to Smoochan : How is that possible?
    [tell] Smoochan : You just stated my opinion.

ZOMG!
    THIS IS 1007% TRUTH HAPPENED IN GAME

(realistic as hell because all 3 people mentioned don't PvP at all...2 of them don't even play)

/Color brownbrawnie****
    edited August 2013
    You're raging on the forums after quitting. That makes it easy to take you seriously.

edited August 2013
    Yeah, you can easily understand I'm raging 'coz I'm making jokes...that tact ain't gonna work :/
    Read Schopenhauer to do what you are trying to do correctly.

On a side note, anyone tried pairing pestilence with FoTS healing debuff to see if those 2 stack?
    edited August 2013
    as far as healing debuffs go I tried it once, but found a lot of people don't heal as often as I thought :/
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They do stack, but you need bleeds to proc that thing and... well you sacrifice an awful lot just for some healing debuffs.