test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to make a hard hitting telepathy DPS not sure how. maybe someone can help?

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Builds and Roles
mostly I need Super stat, spec tree, and power/spec synergy help. posting a build u made is fine, I'll be able to take examples and ideas from there.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Use Ranged Telekinesis for burst Ego Damage. If you think the penetration will help take CoS (but dont take CoS for the DoTs) otherwise Ego Form provides the highest overall offense.

SS Int with Concentration or (Secondary emphasis on Ego)

Many players have builds posted from September to July with DPS Telepathy builds that "worked" for them. I'm sure there are links.
  • l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just a little while back, @Monsterdaddy or @Cryone posted a build using only/mostly Telepathy before the new mini-Telepathy roled out. Surprisingly, One of the gentlemen pointed out that Ego Blast and it's adv (Mind Opener?) worked similar to the way Ice Blast + Hard Frost worked. I tested it out myself an came out quite impressed that Ego Blast w/ Mind Opener. Since typically I role out hard-hitting toons, I was able to make Ego Blast hit for 3k on TAP spam.

I'll post a specific build later on, but for now wanted to throw that on the table.

Super Stat wise, if you're NOT going for support or a so-so controller, then I'd definitely would grab Ego Primary or Dex Primary.

I do have a toon that fits this description. Will you be in-game at around 9-10pm server time?

EDIT: Found it! Again, it doesn't look like much on paper, but don't underestimate Mind Opener!
    http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/2661
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    mostly I need Super stat, spec tree, and power/spec synergy help. posting a build u made is fine, I'll be able to take examples and ideas from there.

The new powers scale with Critical Chance and Critical Severity, I think dex is a good way to boost that.
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had been building in dex, but I have found that building for ego and then boosting crit chance directly is more efficient and effective. Then again, that's anecdotal, so perhaps someone can crunch the numbers for a different result.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure how you can make a soft hitting DPS toon but lol.

Anyway...

Ego/Dex/Con or INT + Concentration + Ego Form (Or Shadow Form) Should work.

As it has been said the higher your chance and severity the higher the DoTs will hit, this was explained to me by GMC before I left, exactly how it works, I think it is something like

Chance * Severity or something...

DEX primary with INT and CON would work nicely for a DPZ set up.

If you want penetration INT would be your best bet, as it would boost both Mind Break Damage AND DoT by the same amount.

You'll need INT if you want to do hit and run style DPS, as in before they realise you have hit them they are dead. And INT will help for DoT CD.

Then again, Ego Primary boosts Sev and Chance as well as providing base ranged damage increase, which means even if you don't crit you'll still hit rather hard.

And you can reduce your ranged damage cost.

Personally I'd go DEX or INT primary and scale off with Concentration or FoTT.

I've played with high DEX, INT, EGO and REC with these powers in the year long wait, varied results but as for DPS, REC and DEX came out on top but by a very small amount compared to INT and EGO, but when EGO critted it hurt alot.

If you are going to focus on team play you'll need some form of HP boost to stay alive especially if you are DPSing and your tank isn't good enough or something.

With Ego Form nothing should really touch you with the DPS you'll be putting out, I'd recommend testing out the following:

EGO/Dex/Int + Concentration

DEX/Int/Con + FoTT

REC/Dex/Con + Compassion or FoTT

INT/Rec/Con + Concentration

All with either Night Warrior OR Ego Form.