test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very disappointed with Fatal Error

ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
First new story in a while, and it appears that Cryptic has decided that if you want story, but play solo, you are out of luck.

It was bad enough that I had to beg for help to get through the first mission. But I was very relieved to see the second mission wasnt marked for recommended team of 2.

I fight all the way up to Cyberlord, only to find out....yep I NEED A FRIGGIN TEAM!!!!

What is your problem Cryptic? I thought this was supposed to be a game about SUPERheroes. Not mundane, average, barely heroes who have to beg for assistance anytime some villian crops up.

I get it, there is a need for team based play. Yes, I know its important. But to lock out new story content behind a wall of team up need is ridiculous, and only serves to drive people like me away. I enjoy Champions for the ability to play by myself and create my own heroes to have their own adventures. But if this game is all about Team Play only now, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to be entertained.

Very, very, very disappointed in this Cryptic. :mad:

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Post edited by ccarmichael07 on

Comments

• enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can do it solo fine, Cyberlord takes a while to whittle down but otherwise perfectly solo-able.

Mind you I'm gold and thus Free form so I dunno how some ATs would do.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    solo'ed easy here too.

enixonbb wrote: »
    I can do it solo fine, Cyberlord takes a while to whittle down but otherwise perfectly solo-able.

ATs do fine as well as long as you are high lvl. My main is a lvl 40 Blade AT, with blue primaries and she can solo both bosses of Fatal Error pretty easily.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »

Silver here. I have a Glacier, a Devastator, and a Radiant, the glacier does fine solo, when I use the Devastator I need to take a couple healing items with me but otherwise do ok, though it's a close fight, the Radiant on the other hand is just a tad too squishy to solo it, of course I haven't gotten new gear on it since doing the VB crisis so getting a set of heroics might help that.
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My AT's (Inferno, Behomoth, Blade, and Savage) solo him fine, and my freeform has no trouble at all against him. Are you at least taking healing items with you? Maybe show us your build so we can see if there's any improvements to be made?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Chuck, I'm not sure what kind of character you're playing, be it an AT or a freeform, but I assure you that these foes are very soloable for good builds.

Obviously it's harder at lower levels, or on squishy ATs, but if you need a hand, at all, be it a quick partner or some build tips to get a soloing monster of a character, I am more than willing to help you out, man.

Agent Carmicheal should never be left without back-up. Consider me your Morgan Grimes.

Message me in-game, or in-game email, @Rune.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First new story in a while, and it appears that Cryptic has decided that if you want story, but play solo, you are out of luck.

It was bad enough that I had to beg for help to get through the first mission. But I was very relieved to see the second mission wasnt marked for recommended team of 2.

I fight all the way up to Cyberlord, only to find out....yep I NEED A FRIGGIN TEAM!!!!

What is your problem Cryptic? I thought this was supposed to be a game about SUPERheroes. Not mundane, average, barely heroes who have to beg for assistance anytime some villian crops up.

I get it, there is a need for team based play. Yes, I know its important. But to lock out new story content behind a wall of team up need is ridiculous, and only serves to drive people like me away. I enjoy Champions for the ability to play by myself and create my own heroes to have their own adventures. But if this game is all about Team Play only now, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to be entertained.

I agree with the OP somewhat some AT's epically at lower levels can have issues with the second mission. But this is something that can be tweaked I guess.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm running a FF Force / Power Armor build, Level 25.

I suppose if this new series was intended for Level 40's, and built around Level 40 characters, it would make sense if a 25 couldn't do it, even with the level scaling. I make it through the packs of henchmen just fine, it's just the boss which is the issue.

Going to try this solo on my Level 40 Power Armor character. If he can solo it, then I'll know what the general issue is.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think Invulnerability is the key here - and that's on both the Invincible and Glacier, so make sure you've got that ranked up, and you should be okay. (With Happifun, I found the best attack combo was to target Cy, then try to make sure his adds stayed between us as I let loose with Micro-Munitions and the shoulder gun. That way, the gun cut into both of them, while I worked on dropping Cy with the missiles. Occasionally, I'd throw in a Plasma Beam for variety, but it wasn't really necessary.)

Also, stop by the magician whose name I don't remember, by the curved awning in RenCen, and buy healing items. You can have a stack of 6 in your bar. Or, if you can't spare the Resources for one reason or another, you probably have some leftover Recognition that can be used to buy heals. (Try to get Healing Patches if you do that - HOT Bots take time to reach full effect).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Also, stop by the magician whose name I don't remember, by the curved awning in RenCen, and buy healing items.

Karneeki the Great!

Also, soloed both Fatal Error's with my Disciple archetype, level 40. But well, i soloed even Vikorin with her.

Other than that, whats the problem with teaming up? I never understood this. You guys need to overcome this social anxiety and meet friends! Right now, on this very moment, there are several people like OP - shy people with builds not powerful enough - getting destroyed by Cyberlord. They need a team, but they're too shy or whatever to ask for one so we have just a bunch of individuals failing instead of a happy team being victorious. I have made several friends in Champions Online - compared with the other mmo's i've played it has a very nice community. Dont be fooled by one douche or another, they really dont represent us!

Also, if you ever need help in that game, send me a mail (@AlexOfSpades)! I love helping people. (One of these days, helped a forum member do Necrull).
    ERgLqqC.png
  • jennspacejennspace Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Easily soloed the first mission of Fatal Error with my lvl 30 Jenn Space so I'd say it depends on the build more than the levels :smile: She's a freeform and I'm using a Might/Force hybrid build ...which might explains why I can pretty much solo anything ^^ XDD I'll edit this post later tonight and tell you all how it went against Cyberlord :tongue:
  • sverbridgesverbridge Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried going solo against Cyberlord last night with a level 14 behemoth and failed miserably. Figured a team would have been better. I got through everything but the final fight pretty easily. I ran out of my healing and died. Oh, well. As I said before, I am not very good at this game. I thought the fight in the matrix was fun before getting this mission. I'll try again when I have a ton of healing on me. I'm going to stick to Canada and the Southwest for now.

Just to be clear, the above was not a slam on anyone's ability to play the game, purely a comment on my lack of ability to play this game well, but I am improving.
    edited August 2013
    Ran both Mission 1 and Mission 2 on my 40 Power Armor, had no issues at all, it was a cakewalk.

That tells me 2 things:

1. The missions are being optimized for max level characters.

2. If you have a below 40 character you try to run against Cyberlord, it needs to be a well optimized build to succeed.

It's unfortunate that lower level characters can't enjoy this mission without begging for help, but apparently that's the way it's going to be. Guess I can stick to Whiteout, Resistance and the Serpent Lantern missions on my lowbies and skip the new one till max level.

• holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, I'm not sure I get the point but maybe some deeper explanations would tell more?

I soloed FE1 with my lvl 21 squeashy Ego blader. I didn't and won't try FE2 under lvl 35 as there's a bug about Cyberlord HP (which doesn't scale with lvl).
    So, aside with this Cyberlord HP issue, I'm not sure what do you mean by not soloable for mid lvl character?
  • zulisvelzulisvel Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've successfully run the first two FE missions on a level 40 Force/Might/PA hybrid (w/ invulnerability as a passive) with no problems. The other day I tried the first mission with a level 29 munitions build that I'm experimenting with, and had a horrible time beating the spider virus boss thing.

I need to try it with a few other characters, but provided the devs don't change the mission I think it will make a good benchmark for determining if I need to take certain builds back to the drawing board or not. I gotta say I like the mission as is.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wish they would remove the do this before that requirement of this 'story arc'.

I have not completed fatal error 1 on most of my characters.
    When people look for a team for this part 2 for 20 minutes I can't help.
    edited August 2013
    Wish they would remove the do this before that requirement of this 'story arc'.

I have not completed fatal error 1 on most of my characters.
    When people look for a team for this part 2 for 20 minutes I can't help.

Well, if they do like they did with Whiteout... at the end, we won't be able to select Fatal Error mission by mission.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did it with a lvl 32 PFF Force character. Mix of blue and green primaries and Nemesis heirloom secondaries. The only real "help" I needed was a steelhead sidekick to go through the last door with me to draw a bit of fire. Other than that it was fairly straightforward. Couldn't say if he is well optimized though.
    Ran both Mission 1 and Mission 2 on my 40 Power Armor, had no issues at all, it was a cakewalk.

That tells me 2 things:

1. The missions are being optimized for max level characters.

2. If you have a below 40 character you try to run against Cyberlord, it needs to be a well optimized build to succeed.

It's unfortunate that lower level characters can't enjoy this mission without begging for help, but apparently that's the way it's going to be. Guess I can stick to Whiteout, Resistance and the Serpent Lantern missions on my lowbies and skip the new one till max level.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've played this through with a couple of toons. It seems that balanced offence and defence works best here. You need to both be able to do at least a fair bit of AoE damage and to drop the Adds quickly while whittling down the Boss. And you need to be able to survive while all this is going on. My Sword Cyclone themed Toon owned him in the mid 30's with the Support Drones healing me the whole time.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So you did it once and was defeated and are dissapointed about the mission?
    Or
    You did it 50 times and was defeated 50 times and are dissapointed about the mission?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, if they do like they did with Whiteout... at the end, we won't be able to select Fatal Error mission by mission.

I get bored to sleep in that first part of Whiteout, so I've never seen the rest of it.
    Something to do this winter, maybe.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I agree with the OP somewhat some AT's epically at lower levels can have issues with the second mission. But this is something that can be tweaked I guess.

Srsly? ...so not only do we have to balance content so ATs can solo it, but now we have to balance it so low level archetypes can solo it??

At some point, we're just going to have to add a button to all content that says "Auto-Complete This Content" that only shows up for people with a freeform.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Level shouldn't matter to completion odds if it scales.

That's... kind of the point of scaling, isn't it?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah cyberlord mission fight was a bit long and bit brisk but simple once I got the hang of it.

First time go no deaths. Level 21 singleblade/invul freeform. Once I realized he summon two robots regardless of how many I kill and only two, I figured I just ignore them and pound on him until he dies. Which worked, then killed the two robots after the mission complete cut scene.

Next time will be a bit quicker as I know now to not waste too much time focusing on killing off the robots but didn't find it too hard or unsoloable and god knows I don't make uber builds.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    Prove it. Vikorin isnt soloable at all.. Vikorin>Gravitar. UNLESS you can finish him off SUPER FAST once he hits low health. if you dont he's not beatable. I dunno if its a bug or not but he spams the knock which completely ignores resistance and also doesnt give KB resist stacks every half second till ur dead.

vikorin2.jpg

Yeah, I know, the screenshot doesn't have the UI, so it doesn't PROVE that I soloed him.

I make no claim to have soloed him on an AT. That's a freeform, and the battle took well over an hour, and involved four deaths, all in the final phase.

But he IS soloable. In fact, that's the ONLY lair that I've successfully soloed.

Let's go back to the OP for a moment though.

fatalerror1.jpg

Level 10. Solo. Yes, another freeform. Equipped with Heirloom Gear. I used one Healing Patch. The device on cooldown is a Poisoned Shuriken.
    smoochan wrote: »

Srsly? ...so not only do we have to balance content so ATs can solo it, but now we have to balance it so low level archetypes can solo it??

At some point, we're just going to have to add a button to all content that says "Auto-Complete This Content" that only shows up for people with a freeform.

Well one AT I tried it with a level 25 Inferno and I just kept dying >_> Maybe I have been relying on my FF crutches to long that Ive forgotten how to play ATs :<
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited August 2013
    Prove it. Vikorin isnt soloable at all.. Vikorin>Gravitar. UNLESS you can finish him off SUPER FAST once he hits low health. if you dont he's not beatable. I dunno if its a bug or not but he spams the knock which completely ignores resistance and also doesnt give KB resist stacks every half second till ur dead.

Haha, no way! With that AT character, i dont even queue for Gravi. She can kill me in a single strike! The AT i used to solo Vikorin has 5100 health, lulz. She's a Disciple character with Heroic gear and 104% crit severity, so that my Siphoning Strikes (ID Weaponry adv) often heal for 2800 a single hit (Wheres your BCR/Conviction now?). Since ID Weaponry is the skill that builds up Ego Leech stacks the best, this effectively turns my lil Disciple indestructible as long as she's doing that combo. And then she unleashes 18,000 with Annihilation, which is the source of my DPS. Perfect defense and offense at the same time... she's a beast.

Once he hits low health i admit i had trouble and died four to five times in the lava, but then i kept flying over his head and for some reason his knock skill simply didnt hit me at all. He did it (it looks like a Force Eruption right?) but it didnt hit. Not sure if a bug or what, i just know it saved me and i kept up the attacks till he was dead and dropped the Shoulder Pads.

I havent attempted to solo him ever since - i did it just for the challenge, just to prove that an archetype can do what a freeform can do. Maybe i should try it again to be sure its possible to bypass his knock with that trick. I used Jet Boots to fly above his shoulder (My idea was that if he knocked me, i'd be knocked up instead of to the lava). I should have taken a screenshot like flamingbunnyman, but i was so excited for dropping his shoulder pads that i completely forgot. Here's me soloing Bronze King instead.
    ERgLqqC.png
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    I should have taken a screenshot like flyingfinn, but i was so excited for dropping his shoulder pads that i completely forgot.

Like who? :biggrin:
    I have to admit, I haven't played any ATs since I bought my Lifetime Sub. So I figured I'd give it a try.

Soldier AT, skipped the tutorial, equipped with Heirloom Gear, Inky Ooze Travel power to stealth past enemies I don't want to fight and to put distance between me and the boss when things got hairy, the contents of my Starter Pack, and my Heroic Resonance device.

soldierfatalerror.jpg

I leveled up once during the mission. I used 7 charges of my Healing Patch, and used the Heroic Resonance to refill my Energy during the boss fight. I used several charges of the Heroic Might up front to make sure it stayed stacked for the whole mission.

I died once during the boss fight, because he webbed me just as I was going for a Healing Patch.

He also reset once, because I hid too long when he summoned three Villain rank enemies at the same time.

You know you can avoid his knockback by walking down the stairs when he's about to do it right? Vikorin is easy to solo.
    zahinder wrote: »
    Level shouldn't matter to completion odds if it scales.

That's... kind of the point of scaling, isn't it?

Scaling can only do so much, since scaling an never give you the equivelant of having more powers; all it can do is make the powers you do have stronger. How do you buff a lvl 10 so that it has the same abilities as a lvl 40 who has 14 powers, full specializations, and full talents/SS?

We can all be grateful that they didn't level-gate this content. However, giving access does not come with guaranteed success. I'm glad that I can say something like that again after a long long time.

edited August 2013

I actually facepalmed. Like, really. You just made a guy in Brazil facepalm, and loudly too.

Sorry man, i edited the post. I'm a dumbass sometimes

You know you can avoid his knockback by walking down the stairs when he's about to do it right? Vikorin is easy to solo.

Oh REALLY. Nice to know!
    ERgLqqC.png
    edited August 2013
    aurinkosi wrote: »
    I actually facepalmed. Like, really. You just made a guy in Brazil facepalm, and loudly too.

Sorry man, i edited the post. I'm a dumbass sometimes

Heh. No worries.

Oh REALLY. Nice to know!

It's a pretty small area. You probably won't find it reliably at first.
    Scaling can only do so much, since scaling an never give you the equivelant of having more powers; all it can do is make the powers you do have stronger.
    As I understand it, though, CL is supposed to be scaled down to the level of the highest-level person in the instance, at least in terms of HP - and reports are that this is not occurring, so my 17th-lvl Devastator has to whittle through just as many HP as my 38th-lvl Invincible.

There is one common thread I've noticed - the key to defeating CL seems to be having Invulnerability, preferably at R3. That's Happifun's passive, too. I'll have to try him later on Piqsirpoq, a 23rd-lvl Glacier, and see how it goes.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2013
    I DID IT!! Beat the hell out of Cyberlord XDD and okay, it wasn't EASY ...but it wasn't HARD either :tongue: Here, take a look... :wink:

2013-08-05_12-13-49.jpg

All I did was use Enrage, Force Bolts to build energy, use RoomSweeper to build stacks of Enrage and send Cyberlord's minions flying :biggrin:, Imbue, Demolish, Demolish, Demolish... each time I got to around 2/3 of my health, use Bionic Shielding and block till' it was back to 100% and then continue to KTFO anything in sight XDD Oh and blocking Cyberlord's charged attacks was very important but it was THAT simple to solo him at level 32! ;) And I would have been able to solo him at level 25 and perhaps even lower, I didn't went a single time past 1/2 of my health and didn't use a power I got over level 20 XP It's all the build ...and being a tanker that can heals herself XDDD
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    As I understand it, though, CL is supposed to be scaled down to the level of the highest-level person in the instance, at least in terms of HP - and reports are that this is not occurring, so my 17th-lvl Devastator has to whittle through just as many HP as my 38th-lvl Invincible.

Yeah, my soldier from the earlier post can't take down Cyberlord. Not suprising, considering that he has 38,394 hp, and my level 7 Soldier doesn't have any attacks that do more than 100 points of damage per tick.

In comparison, the Master Villains have 1,019 hp, and the Enforcers have 1,014 hp. There is definitely a scaling issue here.
    Yeah, my soldier from the earlier post can't take down Cyberlord. Not suprising, considering that he has 38,394 hp, and my level 7 Soldier doesn't have any attacks that do more than 100 points of damage per tick.

In comparison, the Master Villains have 1,019 hp, and the Enforcers have 1,014 hp. There is definitely a scaling issue here.

I'll say. While I can manage to beat Cyberlord on my 40s, I am unable to beat him on my alts that range between 6 to 28. 28 being my Unleashed AT with full Nemesis Heirloom. While I get close to beating him wasn't enough until I brought with me a few health devices when my Bountiful Chi Resurgence and Force Shield with Force Sheath advantage wasn't enough to save me over his attacks and the minions he spawns. Plus he likes to move back a lot so I couldn't use Eye of the Storm as effectively. Playing duck duck goose around the platform.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well overall I like these new missions. I wouldnt call them disappointing because one boss can be a bit tricky .
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jennspace wrote: »
    I DID IT!! Beat the hell out of Cyberlord XDD and okay, it wasn't EASY ...but it wasn't HARD either :tongue: Here, take a look... :wink:

Hey by the way, you cannot set your build for 0 more seconds.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Hey by the way, you cannot set your build for 0 more seconds.

HAHAHAHA, I know! :biggrin: It has to do with this button I keep pressing and I should really re-configure my keyboard in Champions :tongue:
  • xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Umm, I solo-farmed Andrithal to get the full costume set from Vikorin, so it's absolutely doable. There's plenty of vids on Youtube that shows how to do it if you want proof, or I can make a vid if you want... Vikorin is a piece of cake once you know how to do the fight. You can avoid the knockback entirely by taking a few steps down the pyramid stairs, there's a safe distance where you can be. So when you see him charging that particular power, you just have to do that. Block all his other powers for minimal damage. There's another KB that can occur if you aggro the golems that spit fire in the corners of the room in the 3rd phase I believe and, true, that one is really annoying, but generally I can do the fight without aggroing them. Also if you die but got Vikorin's HP below 2/3rd he will only reset back to 2/3, or 1/3 if you got him that low, so you can wear him down if it's that hard of a fight for you.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Being able to solo this (like the first mission) is highly based on what powers you have: I had no major issues soloing it (or the first mission) with my telekinesis / summoner, unarmed, savage archetype, and gadgeteering characters. Got abused when trying it with munitions or heavy weapons, but they get abused everywhere really when not in a team: I could fix it if I wanted to but it would make them less team optimal.

Side note, and I don't know if this is true: At one point I was teamed some people I was with said that the final fight with Cyberlord is always happening as if level 30, regardless of what level characters get brought in. If his scaling isn't... scaling... that that could explain some of the issues.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP,

I understand your desire to solo the missions of FE. Do you think there is something specifically the mission could have done differently to help you enjoy it solo?

I understand from many it is soloable, but that does not always mean its soloable for all builds. As a crowd controller people would tell me all the time "missions are soloable" but that didn't apply to my build type.

Perhaps your chosen playstyle is not supported for solo content as well, and if you can understand this now it may lead you to fewer disappointing player experiences in your future as it has me.
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had no problem on either new mission with Big'Red - my main 40 might free form toon. Of course, she's loaded on defense, offense, and pushing 600 Con (and I have Regen!), I seldom see my health dip down more than 15% before going back up to 100%.

The first mission was great from a 'new stuff' perspective, but I ran it solo and never once even thought about it being a 2 man mission. New, yes. Challenging, no.

I enjoyed the 2nd mission a bit more, but CL wasn't a threat - just really seemed a bag of HP. I forgot he spawned minions until I read it here. Guess I'll try my glass cannon ranged toons to see how tough it is for them.

Not perfect, but not disappointed. I'm just happy there are new things to do... for a while :biggrin:
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I guess it depends on your build, or AT if you're Silver - but I was able to solo Cyberlord (and his summoned adds) on my Lvl 40 freeform on Elite no less. Had one faceplant, but got him on the second go. YMMV.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    OP,

I understand your desire to solo the missions of FE. Do you think there is something specifically the mission could have done differently to help you enjoy it solo?

I understand from many it is soloable, but that does not always mean its soloable for all builds. As a crowd controller people would tell me all the time "missions are soloable" but that didn't apply to my build type.

Perhaps your chosen playstyle is not supported for solo content as well, and if you can understand this now it may lead you to fewer disappointing player experiences in your future as it has me.

Ths is true.

Sometimes I smash through content that people have difficulty with but then turn around and get murked by something deemed "easier".

And sometimes it even comes down to what toon I'm playing at the time. One toon never died before and handled everything thrown it's way with no sweat then get smashed by Megaterak while my other squishier toons had no problems.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jaguar40 wrote: »
    Ths is true.

Sometimes I smash through content that people have difficulty with but then turn around and get murked by something deemed "easier".

And sometimes it even comes down to what toon I'm playing at the time. One toon never died before and handled everything thrown it's way with no sweat then get smashed by Megaterak while my other squishier toons had no problems.

variety is the spice of life? :3

edited August 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    OP,

In my followup, I noted that on my Level 40, I had no issues completing the fight against Cyberlord.

It was my Level 25 Force build that couldnt bring him down.

The big difference seems to be 2 things.

1. Someone in an earlier post noted that Cyberlord is not scaling properly. If this is true, that explains alot.

2. My Force build doesn't have any healing in it, and it seems everyone that beat him below Level 35, had a healing power of some sort.

If Cryptic confirms #1, then I will gladly retract my OP, and wait until the bug is fixed. If it is working as intended, then I might suggest that Cryptic look at how scaling works for thoswe below Level 30, because it's not working very well.

edited August 2013

variety is the spice of life? :3

indeed.

edited August 2013
    In my followup, I noted that on my Level 40, I had no issues completing the fight against Cyberlord.

It was my Level 25 Force build that couldnt bring him down.

The big difference seems to be 2 things.

1. Someone in an earlier post noted that Cyberlord is not scaling properly. If this is true, that explains alot.

2. My Force build doesn't have any healing in it, and it seems everyone that beat him below Level 35, had a healing power of some sort.

If Cryptic confirms #1, then I will gladly retract my OP, and wait until the bug is fixed. If it is working as intended, then I might suggest that Cryptic look at how scaling works for thoswe below Level 30, because it's not working very well.

You may check on your own with a lvl 40 toon and a lvl 25 toon and you should notice that in both cases, Cyberlord HP is the same (no scaling).

It's unusual and noone can tell if it works as intended or if it's a bug but be aware of it nonetheless.