test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Form Slot. Does it feel good for you?

2»

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did you buy a Free Form Character Slot and do you like it?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did You Buy A Free Form Character Slot And Do You Like It?

No I Didnt Buy One And No I Dont Like It!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I bought 16 in a super-secret-ultra-discounted-bundle for $18.75 each and I am very happy with my decision. :biggrin:

I purchased a three-month sub for $30 back in 2012. Got about four or five months out of the sub before the snafu with recurring payments hit. Haven't resubbed yet. No more FF slots, everything is AT. Not paying fifty dollars.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I bought 8 through a monthly pay-plan for $14.99 and I like them just fine, thank you very much. I was recently awarded with a 9th Free Form slot for sticking with the monthly pay plan because it was such a good bargain.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No I didn't, I got three for free. If I had paid 150$ for them I would have spent the ten months after that purchase wondering what I was thinking; after that ten months I would decide I had made the right decision.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I rent a lot of em for 15 bucks a month, and I'm rather happy.

I think a discount is a great idea. We need an infusion of new players.

As for the power balance thing someone mentioned on the first page, the issue is that they have to scale content so an archetype can do it, but then you have the ability for godlike characters to come in and faceroll it. There will never be balance when you have to scale content for a soldier, yet you have characters like Caliga in the same game that can reasonably solo Gravitar.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eh, I purchased 2 freeform slots to see how the freeform thing worked. I loved it, and bought a lifetime sub.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I purchased several FF slots. They are one aspect of the game with which I am completely happy.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited August 2013
    Seems most people that have bought them are more than happy with their purchase . Though Ginger always moans about not being able to change power colors.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I suspect 'people who bought ff slots and are still posting here' strongly selects for 'people who really like CO.'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I suspect 'people who bought ff slots and are still posting here' strongly selects for 'people who really like CO.'

And are the exact people the FF slots are aimed at.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It feels Great! :cool:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    And are the exact people the FF slots are aimed at.

That's assuming there aren't many folks who liked the game a bit, bought a ff slot, then got so unhappy they left without posting a lot.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now for another important question.

"Did you buy a Freeform Slot and have never visited the CO forums?"

Looking forward to those answers :)

Because sample size.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited August 2013
    That's assuming there aren't many folks who liked the game a bit, bought a ff slot, then got so unhappy they left without posting a lot.

That is a very good point but I don't reckon there is a lot of people that did that. Buying freeform slots without knowing if your going to like the game or not would be somewhat dumb.
    edited August 2013
    $200 for drow and giant spider mounts.

edited August 2013
    $200 for drow and giant spider mounts.

Yeah you win this argument :D