test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Carrier Wave: Now Live!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2013 in Super News Network
Part 2 of the FATAL ERR0R story arc is now live! Earn a new costume piece, titles, action figures and more in the second mission: Carrier Wave!

Learn more in the blog post!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Cyberlord and Cyberlord Scrapper action figures are given as potential drops at the end of the mission. There is also two other action figures granted by defeating 1000 and 5000 Cyberlord enemies granting Cyberlord Goliath and Computer Process respectively.

Is this correct? Or is the Computer Process granted upon defeating 1000 viruses in the first mission?

The Cyberlord minion defeats from Whiteout and the previous kills for the first Fatal Error mission did not carry over to these new perks as promised.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    My understanding is that they're for the two 5000 kill perks -- Cyberlord Goliath for 5000 robot kills, and Computer Process for 5000 virusware kills -- though that might be as of an older build.
    edited August 2013
    Can the action figures drop be changed to 1000 kills instead? 5000 is a bit much for a daily.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can the action figures drop be changed to 1000 kills instead? 5000 is a bit much for a daily.

You can stay in Intranet forever killing nonstop respawns and never trigger the cybertick.

I haven't tested the robot fight for infinite spawns yet.
    edited August 2013
    So a few hours of holding down lead tempest. Sounds legit.

Still wished all my Whiteout kills counted for more than squat though. I've done it to get at least a few thousand defeats on one toon alone.
  • seratuhlseratuhl Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The perks might be a hassle, but man, Cyberlord's voice acting sounds great, and the rewards are neat too.

This is also the SECOND part of Fatal Err0r, can't wait for the last one! Quite possibly the best event in CO so far.
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seratuhl wrote: »
    The perks might be a hassle, but man, Cyberlord's voice acting sounds great, and the rewards are neat too.

This is also the SECOND part of Fatal Err0r, can't wait for the last one! Quite possibly the best event in CO so far.

This IS the best event so far! I'm loving the new mission chain so far! It's very fresh. Well designed maps that aren't just 2 minutes long. And we get to keep them FOREVER!!! This is the way Event's should be done. I'd even suggest putting the conclusion to each of these Events into the Custom Alert rotation so we get to play them more often! I'd also like to see the Custom Alert rotate every week at least.:biggrin:
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This IS the best event so far! I'm loving the new mission chain so far! It's very fresh. Well designed maps that aren't just 2 minutes long. And we get to keep them FOREVER!!! This is the way Event's should be done...
    I haven't really been in CO for a few months (I did stop in briefly on July 4th, but rewards were the same as last year). Would you say these missions are worth coming back to play? The idea/story seems cool...
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I haven't really been in CO for a few months (I did stop in briefly on July 4th, but rewards were the same as last year). Would you say these missions are worth coming back to play? The idea/story seems cool...

For this story, so far so good, though there is little story to it thus far, it is only two missions deep. So if you came back you MAY be a little disappointed.

The two missions are pretty quick, but very enjoyable.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did anyone got [Cyberlord Scrapper Action Figure]?
    I got Cyberlord and his leg but I've not seen Scrapper yet.
    Is it BoP or BoE? Please tell meh. :3
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dropped that one together with the boots in one run, but i don't have the Cyberlord Figure yet.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where and who or what do I go to to pick up this mission?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From the On Alert window/tab/thingie.
    Or that's where it was in PTS.

Oh wait. The Carrier Wave.... from SOCRATES booth.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

I got and finished the first one from Soc, but don't see part two when I visit her now. Do I have to re-do part one each time in order to get part two?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure you are talking about Carrier Wave?
    If you turned in Intranet Deployment it will show up.
    Else you can get it shared from anyone in the game who has access to it.

If you are using the Crime Computer/Socrates instead of the kiosk then there are multiple listings for Socrates and their position is suck that you can't see what's what and where without scrolling.
    edited August 2013

btw - FF, thanks for answering my SECOND question. I just found Carrier Wave on the Alert list. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It should be there, you don't need to do it each time to get it.

Try changing characters, you might have already done it with that character within the 22 hours or whatever it is.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope.
    I'll check if 2nd part is missing from SOC for me.
    It' all the way down of the missions list. If you have missions you haven't done yet.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    Are you sure you are talking about Carrier Wave?
    If you turned in Intranet Deployment it will show up.
    Else you can get it shared from anyone in the game who has access to it.

If you are using the Crime Computer/Socrates instead of the kiosk then there are multiple listings for Socrates and their position is suck that you can't see what's what and where without scrolling.

Nope. Just checked Soc in person and the Crime Computer. Soc only offers me the Intranet Deployment mission.

I'm re-playing it and see if the Carrier Wave then becomes available after.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Nope.
    I'll check if 2nd part is missing from SOC for me.

I must type too slow. :biggrin:

Thanks FF.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You must finish all the SOCRATES missions once (with the character you want to get the mission) in order to get the daily quest for the alert.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.