test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What happened to these forums?

hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
All the lively discussion seems to have tapered off to nothing...

I come to lurk and there is hardly anything worth commenting on lately.

Come on folks re-energize!
POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
Post edited by hocofaisan on

Comments

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »

Good. Keep it that way.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Good. Keep it that way.

Seconded.

:rolleyes:
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nothing really new and exciting for a couple years.

Stay away from the Negative Zone.
    You're starting to slip!
    Be positive!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The forums descended into negativity and hate as the quality of our updates decreased. Now, with the release of new emotes and permanent missions by Cryptic North, some of us are getting their hopes back - are the "Old Times" back? Are we gonna get more updates - powersets, missions?

I have been sitting on this Anti-Cryptic seat for far too long. I wanna go to the "Positive 2013" team, but... well lets see. Will take some convincing. If everything goes right, i may even resub!
    ERgLqqC.png
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Many of the more comically inclined and/or clinically insane posters are spending much of their time in Never-Never(winter) land until a nice, substantial update happens/they get bored.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol NW lasted a week and a half for me...got to 60 way way too easily.... and then was done .
    Well, you see, the chickens are gearing up to take over the world. Right now they are in their pens, pecking at grains but oh will they be ready. It'll be like when you hit a cucco too many times in Zelda. :l

But that has nothing to do with this thread. Just remember, you've been warned!

Anyways, definitely the lack of quality content. When Comic Series rolled around the forums were such a positive space. Going into the wind and earth powersets the forums were flying sky high, even if the lag time that year around november/december had people a little anxious. Then things started to change and well... here we are. :/

My hope hinges on the new Telepathy powers being fixed competently. Some have reused icons and no SFX. It's just... sloppy. And don't get me started on Rimefire's reused fireball animation! If they can't managed to fix something so small as an icon then I have no reason to hope that they can pull off larger things competently anymore. That's actually a lie. I have a lot of hope in them xD The TP powers just have me pissed!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't waste energy trying to raise valid points as to why negativity exists to this thread starter, considering who it is. He only cares if you put on the rose-colored glasses and pretend that everything is super-duper okay.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm being burned out by all this endgame on the forums.

But seriously.

ALL of my active friends left after the disaster of Telepathy. But that was the icing on the cake to the length of time of the broken new costume pieces, the clutter of Forum Malvanum and the gambling direction this game took. The emote pack and the permanent missions came a little too late.

I just may consider quitting the game altogether once the three months are up rather than just the forums. We'll see if anything game changing is announced when my time is up. That's the only hope I have left.
    edited August 2013
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Well, you see, the chickens are gearing up to take over the world. Right now they are in their pens, pecking at grains but oh will they be ready. It'll be like when you hit a cucco too many times in Zelda. :l

But that has nothing to do with this thread. Just remember, you've been warned!

Anyways, definitely the lack of quality content. When Comic Series rolled around the forums were such a positive space. Going into the wind and earth powersets the forums were flying sky high, even if the lag time that year around november/december had people a little anxious. Then things started to change and well... here we are. :/

My hope hinges on the new Telepathy powers being fixed competently. Some have reused icons and no SFX. It's just... sloppy. And don't get me started on Rimefire's reused fireball animation! If they can't managed to fix something so small as an icon then I have no reason to hope that they can pull off larger things competently anymore. That's actually a lie. I have a lot of hope in them xD The TP powers just have me pissed!

963721_zps6c6a2dcd.jpg

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    963721_zps6c6a2dcd.jpg

Lmao! Wow. This made my night xD I looked it up and I need this book! Thanks :tongue:

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All the new powers aren't made by them. It's made by him.....All alone.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2013
    I miss the Far Side....
    edited August 2013
    I miss the Far Side....

I actually have one of those ridiculous giant bound "Tomes" that collect the entire run into two comically huge books. They are so fancy, expensive and fragile that I don't dare read them and rely on my ancient, dogeared set of paperbacks:biggrin:

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I miss what this game used to be and could have been
    edited August 2013
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Lmao! Wow. This made my night xD I looked it up and I need this book! Thanks :tongue:

You are most welcome!
    Any day that I can encourage anyone to read/re-read the Farside is a good day for me!
    It beats the heck out of my typical accomplishments:wink:

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been pretty anti-cryptic for a while now myself, but they are at least starting to listen to us. The telepathy stuff was (is) a mess but they are listening to feedback for laser swords and the nighthawk hood and the making new missions permanent.

It is a start.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited August 2013
    In all seriousness, I trace the unending bleakness, the REAL negativity from people who are often the most light hearted here, to one event.
    It was a post on the Neverwinter Forums about the Chat-Ban issue. One of the Moderators stated that:
    1) That they were looking into fixes for the issue
    2) That these fixes would be applied EXCLUSIVELY to Neverwinter
    3) That they did not want to hear anything more about it in relation to any other games

Despite a swift retraction and apology from the Mod. in question (not naming names here) I have really not heard anything up beat from here since, with the notable exception of Agentnx5s' Amusing Moment Picture Thread.

It just seems that with that a LOT of people went from annoyed, but amused, to genuinely angry.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I love this game and think its great. Theres plenty of discussion on the forums. Also we all know your happy joy joy is fake. Learn to troll properly , I give classes in the subject and except all major pretend credit cards :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    lol NW lasted a week and a half for me...got to 60 way way too easily.... and then was done .

I lasted 2 weeks, thats with 5 characters. One of each class. None got to 60. the highest has done the last 3 levels to 38 from praying.
    the word

BORING
    comes to mind. Now back happily levelling another alt.

we have have coloured clothes.
    we can change our clothers.
    we can go exploring.
    we have hideout banks so you can actually transfer things BOA to other alts

we don't have an elitist jerk population
    we don't have end game gear grind.
    we don't have a naked gold selelr in front of the AH dancing (we have Slug which is nearly as bad)

OK we don't have foundry either but can't have everything
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    whadayou mean what happened everything looks fine to me, quite bein a bebe and join the party
    drunk.jpg

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    whadayou mean what happened everything looks fine to me, quite bein a bebe and join the party
    Its Smoochan's beer party !! :3
    beer-drinking-kids.jpg
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Its Smoochan's beer party !! :3

dcb.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    I love this game and think its great. Theres plenty of discussion on the forums. Also we all know your happy joy joy is fake. Learn to troll properly , I give classes in the subject and except all major pretend credit cards :P

Trolling is the Last thing this poster has in mind. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Trolling is the Last thing this poster has in mind. :)

I thought I smelt something FOWL!

Let the bird jokes commence!
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    In all seriousness, I trace the unending bleakness, the REAL negativity from people who are often the most light hearted here, to one event.
    It was a post on the Neverwinter Forums about the Chat-Ban issue. One of the Moderators stated that:
    1) That they were looking into fixes for the issue
    2) That these fixes would be applied EXCLUSIVELY to Neverwinter
    3) That they did not want to hear anything more about it in relation to any other games

What? This really happened?
    biffsig.jpg
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What? This really happened?

Really and truly.

Edit: Found the thread. Here, take a read, Smacky.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226001

I'd happily go reread the entire thread over there, but.....

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited August 2013
    Lets ignore the fact we aint happeh bunnehs and look at the fact that OP is the account The Last uses to troll us with smiles.

The Last is the most pessimistic of us.
    edited August 2013
    Lets ignore the fact we aint happeh bunnehs and look at the fact that OP is the account The Last uses to troll us with smiles.

......who?

edited August 2013

......who?

An angry man that left ages ago.
    edited August 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Really and truly.

Edit: Found the thread. Here, take a read, Smacky.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226001

I'd happily go reread the entire thread over there, but.....

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

You must have been a very naughty boy.
  • snazzymcpantssnazzymcpants Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013

What? How could you DRONE on like that. It's clear Hoco is not of this world. A XENOMORPH, if you will.
    edited August 2013
    What? How could you DRONE on like that. It's clear Hoco is not of this world. A XENOMORPH, if you will.

Actually I would have bet that he was from Planet Spengo.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    caligastamp.png

Quoted for truth.
  • muon2muonmuon2muon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Well, these forums are pretty much all whining and pessimism...
    I don't see the problem.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sometimes there are faint glimmers of hope :(
    edited August 2013
    muon2muon wrote: »
    I don't see the problem.

Stop whining.
    edited August 2013
    I don't see the problem.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Stop whining.

Yeah, be grateful that there's even a forum here to read and post on. Positive about CO Message Board 2013!

:wink:
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All in favor making me drunk and letting me post threads here where I call you guys names?

*bang*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
    edited August 2013
    I don't see the problem.

Indeed there isnt but when he pretends to be this super happeh person it just gets on my goat U_U"

I will add The Last in game is a very nice man helps noobs and all that from what I seen .

OI you reading this Mr Halo man bring back the annoying pidgin man \o/
    edited August 2013
    On a very strange, semi-related note:
    Every time I try to log on to the Neverwinter Forums (I feel that someone who, while not exactly SANE per-sei, can at least pick sanity out of a police line-up, should look over the forum occasionally. Its a public service.) I am redirected to the Champs. Forums instead. Could it be that we are being cross-contaminated by Neverwinters' Hellish Nerd Rage in some kind of Internet 28 Days scenario?

edited August 2013
    You guys don't even want to know what was going on in a certain forum down below last night.

Hey Smackwell, how do I become a moderator? I want to help you squash :3

edited August 2013
    You guys don't even want to know what was going on in a certain forum down below last night.

hahaha-no-cat_large.jpg
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Last night? Still going on now.

Talk to Turtle if you want to be a moderator.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Wait whats going on >_>
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    there is hardly anything worth commenting on lately.

Well.. when you can comment and it's deemed too negative you can no longer comment. Not a forum rule or anything, just an enforced safeguard against negative muckrakers
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait whats going on >_>

Hahahahaaa you missed it..
    15.gif.pagespeed.ce.V8sWH1s-D-.gif

There was some trollish posting earlier today on the not the PVE forum, at least I think there was.... It isn't there now!
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited August 2013
    See thats why I miss Shev.

Shev would post something and it would take Hal using the Rosetta stone and a star trek universal translator to figure out what the hell she was saying thus giving me time to see the random.