test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Horny For The Champions Bundle

nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
A certain franchise that evolved combat on a cyclic world or two is having new
DLC released in August that has "Champions" right there in the name.

This is a golden opportunity to give away a new AT with a space marine flavor.
Should be a flood of players interested in that.

Sure clones would be rampant but the risk is worth it to reach more players.

Finish the fight!
Post edited by nextnametaken on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A certain franchise that evolved combat on a cyclic world or two or is having new

Finish the fight!

I swear to all thats holy ur mutating into The Last with all those Halo references .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Champions Online: Fight Finishing Fourth Anniversary Infinite Loop Marathon .

Or
    Champions Online: Free Form Flood Fourth Anniversary Forerunner Free For All?
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE ARE THE EMPRAH'S FURY!

Truth is, you can make a pretty convincing "Space Marine" with the Soldier AT already depending on what guns you use and how much you're willing to invest into the Z-Store.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    SPEHSS MAHREENS! WE ARE THE EMPRAH'S FURY!

Truth is, you can make a pretty convincing "Space Marine" with the Soldier AT already depending on what guns you use and how much you're willing to invest into the Z-Store.

SO BOLD AND SO FOOLISH.

...I'm sorry I got lost what's this on about? Why do we need more marines?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited August 2013
    Why do we need more marines?

To finish the fight and for Cryptic North to swear to never make a girl promise they can't keep.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To finish the fight and for Cryptic North to swear to never make a girl promise they can't keep.

Sounds like a really bad fanfic. <_<
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    Dear God, now I'm imagining Caliga as an Inquisitor. And Nepth as an Adeptus Sororitas.

"BURN THE CLONE. KILL THE SPAMMER. PURGE THE HARLOT."
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Necrons. We owned the galaxy whilst the rest of you were barely learning to walk on two legs.
  • xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Blood for the blood god.

Had to be said.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Necrons. We owned the galaxy whilst the rest of you were barely learning to walk on two legs.

Necrons are wusses. My Dark Heresy character managed to roundhouse kick one to the ground and then everyone else started beating it up so hard it had no time to regenerate.

Now, if it were a big group of Necrons we would have been screwed.

@Trailturtle

Suffer not the catgirl to live.

... bolt pistol lookalike pistol skin plz?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2013
    Necrons are wusses. My Dark Heresy character managed to roundhouse kick one to the ground and then everyone else started beating it up so hard it had no time to regenerate.

Through a series of good rolls on my part and craptacular rolls by the DM, my Living Saint de-armed and killed Abbadon without taking any damage. After having burnt like three Fate points to avoid dying during the rest of the campaign. :biggrin:
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I made a pretty nice space marine type with particle rifle, some gadget pets, and so on. Implosion device... Fun!

Wouldn't be hard to make a 'space soldier' AT, I think.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited August 2013

Cool. I'm sure he'll remember you when he comes back. Did you at least get a trophy- aw, nope.

And the truth of it is- their weapons still trump anything mass-produced in the Imperium.

One thing that irks my about CO's color palette is I can't do that 'black-green' color that my Necrons used.

(Now if we're talking Dark Heresy- I played a failed Eversor Assassin who made Kharn the Betrayer look like a child having a tantrum in Wal-Mart).
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That'd be a cool way to segway into a laser sword AT.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A certain franchise that evolved combat on a cyclic world or two is having new

Finish the fight!
    That was quite a marathon of references. Pity it flew right past most folks here, but we must proceed Forward Unto Dawn to promote such an idea.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    That was quite a marathon of references. Pity it flew right past most folks here, but we must proceed Forward Unto Dawn to promote such an idea.

... I had to reread that to get them... I'm a happy camper now.
    edited August 2013
    This anniversary event could very well stand out to be the pillar of autumn gaming fun.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you should come to the Gamers Guild when we have Grand Prix de Arms between the different clubs around Perth

All the different armies. My favourite is still the pastel pink and green army, which they had not only painted beautifully but used green stuff to add on to some to make them appear more amorphous. Absolotuely brilliant models.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    Marathon? that groundbreaking mac OS fps that takes place before the storyline of halo?

I don't think the two games have never been officially linked. However, Halo does have many similarities to Marathon. I got a kick out of seeing the Marathon logo used in the Halo games.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013

All you old farts of the galaxy make way for a new era of Greater Good.

Problem? Then eat plasma fire!
    edited August 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    All you old farts of the galaxy make way for a new era of Greater Good.

Problem? Then eat plasma fire!

Your 'Greater Good' woke us up. You stole one of our Keurigs, deemed everyone who touched it a heretic and shot them, and gave it to the Tech-Priests who pray to one of the Star Gods that screwed us over.

Be quiet!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your 'Greater Good' woke us up. You stole one of our Keurigs, deemed everyone who touched it a heretic and shot them, and gave it to the Tech-Priests who pray to one of the Star Gods that screwed us over.

Be quiet!

Fine!

*Goes to invade the planet of a technologically-inferior race and "peacefully" gets them to submit to the Greater Good"*
    edited August 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Fine!

*Goes to invade the planet of a technologically-inferior race and "peacefully" gets them to submit to the Greater Good"*
    Oh, wait. you're Tau?

Pfft. You don't even know what you're firing. THAT IS NOT A RAILGUN IT IS A LASER.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For The Imperium!!!
    edited August 2013
    We are talking about entirely different space marines.

Maybe we better just follow Pathways into Darkness go back to DOOM
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure you get the whole cryptic part of the conversation gradii.

Its kind of linke cloning but not like cloning.
    It's creative marketing. Yeah. That's the ticket.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On the original Marathon CD, I found an early version of Marathon, that was based on the Pathways into Darkness engine. It crashes very early on and is pretty much unplayable, but, crank up your PowerPC and you too can enjoy some secret early Marathoning!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Well since we are just going to blurt out the names.
    Marathon is open source and free to play.
    Latest update was May 2012.

I wonder if I still have my old maps.
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To be totally honest, one of my toons has his origins in the Halo verse and I ported him over to Champs in hopes of developing him a little. As I wasn't totally willing to get rid of that aspect of him, he has a MJOLNIR VI tribute costume and is already pretty Halo-ey in build. The Soldier AT does pretty much have that encompassed.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz