What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130612.24 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:00 pm, 7/29/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

FATAL ERR0R:
  • Carrier Wave: Cyberlord is now paralyzed and unattackable until the correct mission stage.
  • Carrier Wave: Perks have been added for killing Cyberlord robots. The robot kill perks only count kills from this update onward. Our previous patch note was in error, we apologize.
  • Carrier Wave: General polish.
  • Intranet Deployment: Perks have been added for killing Villainware. The Villainware perks only count kills from this update onward.

Drifter Store:
  • A new Grav Bike has been added to the Drifter Store: the Fire Ant.

Powers:
  • Laser Sword - Damage numbers should now fall more in line with other powers.
  • Laser Sword - Particle Smash now applies Plasma burn based on the number of Accelerator stacks consumed. This power also refreshes plasma burn.
  • Laser Sword - *NEW POWER* Passive - Quantum Stabilizer - This passive increases all particle damage and provides energy resistance. Additionally, when dealing particle damage there is a chance of gaining a stack of "Losing Stability". When you have at least 30 stacks of "Losing Stability" your next particle damage will spawn a "Quantum Instability" that deals particle damage and increases the particle damage taken by everyone inside it.
  • Telepathy - Mental Leech, Mental Storm, and Shadow of Doubt can no longer be dodged.
  • Telepathy - These DoTs have had their tooltips cleaned up to better reflect their effects.
  • Telepathy - Mental Leech should no longer heal enemy players in PVP

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
ere it happens
What happens
[/COLOR]
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New perks for mob killing? Yes!

Please tell me rewards are tied to them.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,592 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So every Cyberlord enemy defeated is already counted toward the perk since Whiteout came out? Will special costume skins/pieces be tied to unlocking the perks at 100, 1000 and 5000 as usual of the others, give or take a few gone forever?

Laser Sword powers are looking on the up and up!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    New perks for mob killing? Yes!

Please tell me rewards are tied to them.
    Ofcourse there is. They even brought the old defeatperk rewards back.

Not.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Powers:
    • Laser Sword - Particle Smash now applies Plasma burn based on the number of Accelerator stacks consumed. This power also refreshes plasma burn.

sweet one of the changes I suggested made it in :biggrin: that is actually really awesome I am going to give all the changes and that new passive a run :biggrin:
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A new passive fully compatible with Laser Sword?!

SQUEEEEEEEEE!
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Release Notes:

FATAL ERR0R:
    • Carrier Wave: Cyberlord is now paralyzed and unattackable until the correct mission stage.
    • Carrier Wave: Perks have been added for killing Cyberlord robots. The robot kill perks will count other instances of Cyberlord Robots, such as his appearance in Whiteout, including robots defeated before this update.
    • Carrier Wave: General polish.
    • Intranet Deployment: Perks have been added for killing Villainware. The Villainware perks only count kills from this update onward.

Huray!! ^_^ note for future content, we do love these kill perks, oddly enough it add a good amount of re-playability esp. if the Titles unlocked are good...

Please tell me we got titles?

Drifter Store:

Meh...

Can we has one as a drop?

Say, a green on and a yellow one?
    Powers:
    • Laser Sword - Damage numbers should now fall more in line with other powers.
    • Laser Sword - *NEW POWER* Passive - Quantum Stabilizer - This passive increases all particle damage and provides energy resistance. Additionally, when dealing particle damage there is a chance of gaining a stack of "Losing Stability". When you have at least 30 stacks of "Losing Stability" your next particle damage will spawn a "Quantum Instability" that deals particle damage and increases the particle damage taken by everyone inside it.

[/COLOR]

Whut?

Quantum Stabilizer - Can we have this increase Particle, Toxic and Sonic?

Also, can we call it something else?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bug
    Villainware kill perk does not work-

What happens
    -Killing Villainware doesn't not trigger perk, no do prior kills count

Also

Bug
    Cyberlord bots kill perk does not work properly -

What happens
    -Killing Cyberlord bots -does- trigger perk, but prior kills do not seem to count for Whiteout kills*

*is this due to Whiteout not being hooked up on test? If so can we get it connected for testing this?

Also, once again, I can't do part two...

Is there something that requires you to have done part one -that day- to go to part two? That.. might be a problem.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    one day...one day...ONE DAY...Might and Heavy Weapons will be revised, and on that day, the CO world will fear Caliga!

......but until then, I can't wait to test out this new laser sword stuff!!! *swish swish swish!!* :biggrin:
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Interesting... not too sure what sort of synergies they'll offer. Looks a little complicated. :/ But complicated isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But please make sure to give all those new powers unique icons, okay?

"Losing Stability" is an awful name. Consider, "destabilizing" or "Destabilization"?

Not sure if it's too late for these bugs buuuut

Mental Leech's "burst" animation after it hits a target does not change color.

Mental Leech's animation also fires just off center to the right of the toon's head. Not sure if that's as intended.

I ask that you please consider giving mind break, congress of selves, and mental storm their own unique icons? Unique icons exist so we can tell what the powers are on our hot bar at a glance. Sure "just 3 powers" might not be a big deal but I find it has a purpose and when that purpose is muddled it becomes annoying. Then suddenly it's not "just 3 powers" anymore when the pattern isn't corrected.

Also if at all possible please consider changing Rimefire Burst's GFX into something more unique. Right now it's the tap animation for fireball. I think that's the only time I'm ever seen a power with it's animation stolen off of another and not even be reskinned

As a fire user from my first day I find it slightly annoying that the only two powers we've had added have had GFX issues. Fire shield was originally a wave bubble... thing and now rimefire. We don't talk about energy storm. :l And I sympathize with the telepathy plight.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    okay new suggestion for Particle Accelerator can it be made into a AoE combo like Cleave in Heavy Weapons and then made into a Starter Power? To give the Laser Sword set another AoE power. The Accelerator Buff would only proc on attacks made against the selected target rather than all targets which should help keep it under control. And to help with the setting up of a Laser Sword based AT which would be :cool:

And that proc from Quantum Stabilizer is sweet. I know the priority is first getting the powers working then get them animations, but I was wondering, could it get the aura animation from the Distortion/Displacement Super Speed/Mach Speed Acrobatics/Athletics it would fit the thematic of the naming a little better than the Electric Form Aura...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    SFX Issues with some of the new TP powers.
    However, my sound hardware is a little bonked and might not play some sounds properly. Despite that I've never had trouble with any trouble with powers being quiet. Just in case I will need someone else to help verify.

Shadow of Doubt: Rank 1 (No SFX), Rank 2 (No SFX), Rank 3 (No SFX)

Mental Leech: Rank 1 (no SFX), Rank 2 (SFX is present), Rank 3 (SFX present)

Mind Break: Silent on all ranks.

Mental Storm: SFX present on all ranks.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right now, the only thing keeping me from using PA powers is cosmetics.

Please consider giving players the Cyber Ninja sword, the Cyber Ninja's Ranged Attacks, and move the tech/energy swords from Melee into this set.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Right now, the only thing keeping me from using PA powers is cosmetics.

Please consider giving players the Cyber Ninja sword, the Cyber Ninja's Ranged Attacks, and move the tech/energy swords from Melee into this set.

the cosmetics aren't keeping me from using them, but they would be greatly appreciated if they could be brought into it...and maybe some of Black Talon's Machine Gun attacks the Assault Cannon Energy Builder and the Cannon Spray....you could have for that a temporary spawn of the Mechassassin Hand that retracts after firing...or have a mini-gun pop up on the back of the wrist for it.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unified Theory stacks don't go away after using Particle Smash. Once at 5 Unified Theory stacks Perfect Understanding cannot be gained again. Therefore, the 3 power combo breaks after the first use.

Particle Smash should eat Unified Theory stacks, not Accelerator stacks. Trade Unified Theory stacks 1 for 1 to Plasma Burn to keep the same functionality as before but also fixing the above problem.

Particle Smash is a complete waste now. Get two stacks w/ Particle Accelerator then use Unified Theory. Repeat. This is mainly due to the absurd amount of spike damage Unified Theory allows.

The amount of buffing, debuffing and base damage on the new powers (passive included) is still obscene. 20k or more spikes from Unified Theory. 800+ per tick on the DoT AoE proc from the passive.

Oh, and I still think spamming Particle Accelerator looks bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    the cosmetics aren't keeping me from using them, but they would be greatly appreciated if they could be brought into it...and maybe some of Black Talon's Machine Gun attacks the Assault Cannon Energy Builder and the Cannon Spray....you could have for that a temporary spawn of the Mechassassin Hand that retracts after firing...or have a mini-gun pop up on the back of the wrist for it.

If this were done as a single pistol power, the Gun hands would line up pretty well, killing two birds with one stone. Then make the Machine Pistol model available for pistols, to go with it.

Those energy pistol powers that viper squad leaders use would also work well with the Gun hands, and provide a decent cone aoe to compliment Experimental Blaster.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:00 pm, 7/29/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

Drifter Store:

Yay, new patch stuffs! Can we get a picture of The Fire Ant?
    Powers:

Is this passive a hybrid passive? Like CoS? Or is it limited to Offensive/Hybrid Roles? Either way, nice to see this ^^!

Buut...more importantly....
    • Telepathy - Mental Leech, Mental Storm, and Shadow of Doubt can no longer be dodged.
    • Telepathy - These DoTs have had their tooltips cleaned up to better reflect their effects.
    • Telepathy - Mental Leech should no longer heal enemy players in PVP

*Flicks hair and struts to PTS* You telepathy fans can thank me later.. #Duckface
    :biggrin:

On a more serious note, Mental Leech, Congress of Selves, Shadow of Doubt and Mind Break all need their own Sound FX, unique in game icons and tweaks to their visual in combat FX (CoS especially since you know...it has none...)

I am very glad that these changes have made it to PTS and no doubt will soon make it to LIVE.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    On a more serious note, Mental Leech, Congress of Selves, Shadow of Doubt and Mind Break all need their own Sound FX, unique in game icons and tweaks to their visual in combat FX (CoS especially since you know...it has none...)

I am very glad that these changes have made it to PTS and no doubt will soon make it to LIVE.

So it's not just my sound acting strange! :biggrin: All of this definitely. We appreciate the new powers but the slightly less new ones still need some polishing. I accept what they do in terms of mechanics but I refuse to accept no proper SFX or their own icons or even some GFX glitches (or lack of GFX as it were for some). Those need to be fixed. ...Pretty please! :biggrin:

Also, not sure if you guys have anything slotted in the near future for sorcery, but it's branches could use fleshing out >.>

• Options
    edited July 2013
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    SFX Issues with some of the new TP powers.
    However, my sound hardware is a little bonked and might not play some sounds properly. Despite that I've never had trouble with any trouble with powers being quiet. Just in case I will need someone else to help verify.

Shadow of Doubt: Rank 1 (No SFX), Rank 2 (No SFX), Rank 3 (No SFX)

Mental Leech: Rank 1 (no SFX), Rank 2 (SFX is present), Rank 3 (SFX present)

Mind Break: Silent on all ranks.

Mental Storm: SFX present on all ranks.

New Telepathy powers (bar brain-tricity Mental Storm), left PTS without unique icons, SFX and a few bugs (which are being cleared up ^^).

I cannot remember the last time a power left the PTS in such a bad condition.

My time for testing is limited so I'll try and do as much as I can before I leave!

But yes,

Mind Break has no charge up or fire off SFX like Ego Blast does.

Shadow of Doubt just has no SFX at all.

Mental Storm needs a charge up SFX.

Congress of Selves needs a unique icon alongside Mental Storm and Mind Break.

Congress of Selves needs a unique in combat visual FX, it currently is a stripped down Ego Form.

Congress of Selves icon should perhaps have a person in the Ego Blast Pose? (Only showing the hands on temple though with psychic waves around the head. Not full body.)

Mental Storm needs a new icon to differentiate it from Ego Sprites.

Mind Break needs a new icon to differentiate it from Ego Blast.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Quantum Stabilizer is an Offensive/Hybrid passive and so far its a lot of fun especially when a random Black Hole opens up XD...

Now if we could get them to do what I suggested with Particle Accelerator this go around and turn it into an AoE Combo over a single target Click (1st strike that standard left to right swing. 2nd strike swings back right to left 3rd strike downward diagonal left to right swing 4th strike downward diagonal right to left swing 5th and last strike upward thrust).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    BUG

NONE of the Tooltip changes are present in the new Telepathy Powers.

Mental Leech STILL heals foes in combat.

On a positive note, at least they cannot be dodged any more.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'll re post these links just in case something has gone wrong.

- The Telepathy Tooltip Errors <--- Here I have written up what is wrong with the tooltips and what needs changing.

- The Shield HP being damaged by Breakfree Damage bug <--A bug I picked up whilst messing around with Ego Sleep on a PFF user.

With regard Mental Leech's Dependency healing foes in combat... this could be due to the new "rule" not working correctly...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    New Telepathy powers (bar brain-tricity Mental Storm), left PTS without unique icons, SFX and a few bugs (which are being cleared up ^^).

I cannot remember the last time a power left the PTS in such a bad condition.

My time for testing is limited so I'll try and do as much as I can before I leave!

Thank ya very much :D

I heard.. or read rather the murmurs but I wasn't subbed so I couldn't check. Now that I have I'm just sort of aghast. Last thing I saw this incomplete were the Manipulator, Compassion, and Concentration forms but that's only because they didn't have an animation of their own. No sound, and no shininess. But at least they had their own icons. :/
    But yes,

Mind Break has no charge up or fire off SFX like Ego Blast does.

Shadow of Doubt just has no SFX at all.

Mental Storm needs a charge up SFX.

Congress of Selves needs a unique icon alongside Mental Storm and Mind Break.

Congress of Selves needs a unique in combat visual FX, it currently is a stripped down Ego Form.

Congress of Selves icon should perhaps have a person in the Ego Blast Pose? (Only showing the hands on temple though with psychic waves around the head. Not full body.)

Mental Storm needs a new icon to differentiate it from Ego Sprites.

Mind Break needs a new icon to differentiate it from Ego Blast.

And I support aaaaall of this in terms of needing work and tweaking.

--
    I know you've been silent but I've got faith in you Cryptic North! I'm sure you'll have gems churning out yet. At least hopefully xD I definitely get an "I'm learning the system" vibe. And in that vein, I ask that the mechanics of the new powers be simplified some.

The new passive works interestingly but I ask that it boost either just particle or it boosts other types outside of what electric form already grants. but that's my own personal preference. Fire and ice form grant the same damage bonuses so it works in that vein.

I'm also not too hot about laser swords having plasma burn AND this accelerator/unified theory/perfect understanding mechanic. IMO powersets have synergy but this new stuff is kind of complex. I get this impression that it's like we're being asked to choose going the perfect understanding route or going the plasma burn route. It seems like it'd difficult to keep track of both chains. Maybe find a more concrete way to fold plasma burn into all of this? I haven't much chance to test it (but I did poke) so I'll give a more detailed impression later. Maybe I'm wrong and over thinking it. :P

• Options
    strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do love the fact that laser sword, and other particle based powers now have their own passive. I will echo that damage spikes, especially with the AoE debuff up are high-ish (20-24k here, avg 19.5k on crit with approx 110% severity), but at least is not the crazy 70-100+k crits I was getting before. Testing required on actual content mobs as this is not factoring in-game mob defenses, etc.

Suggestions:

Echoing the suggestion to make Particle accelerator a combo. Currently speaking, stacking acceleration with just a *slap...slap...slap* spam click makes the overall power line feel clunky, unwieldy, and just straight boring. Re-designing into a combo (AoE would be nice al la cleave like was mentioned earlier, but single target would work with this as well) would do wonders to make it feel much more fluid and not feel like you're spending all day stacking acceleration to get that nice 15 stacks.

Quatum passive: New FX please, not a scaled down electrical form. I suggest a glow similar to ego form, but with quantum singularities orbiting around your waist or such. Someone might be able to expand a bit more on this.

Singularity Distablization(sp): Make this spawn on the selected target, instead of right in front of you so our ranged particle thrower friends can also benefit from the awesome new passive.

That's it for now, will add more in later posts.

Edit: Cleaned up for understanding's sake. That's what I get for typing in a hurry.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Suggestions:

Echoing the suggestion to make Particle accelerator a combo. Currently speaking, stacking acceleration with just a *slap...slap...slap* spam click makes the overall power line feel clunky, unwieldy, and just straight boring. Re-designing into a combo (AoE would be nice al la cleave like was mentioned earlier, but single target would work with this as well) would do wonders to make it feel much more fluid and not feel like you're spending all day stacking acceleration to get that nice 15 stacks.

Quatum passive: New FX please, not a scaled down electrical form. I suggest a glow similar to ego form, but with quantum singularities orbiting around your waist or such. Someone might be able to expand a bit more on this.

Singularity Distablization(sp): Make this spawn on the selected target, instead of right in front of you so our ranged particle thrower friends can also benefit from the awesome new passive.

I like the idea of having the Destabilization spawn on the selected target, but I have an idea that would make it more beneficial to all particle damage users. Such as those that might use Plasma Beam or Fire All Weapons or even Energy Wave (Particle attacks that don't need a target) how about having it Spawn on all enemy targets that were struck by the attack that triggered the effect.

And with the Aura you could borrow the aura from Shadow Form and change the default base color to a dark blue instead of a dark purple. Keeping the glowing eye effect from ranking it up but losing the minor stealth bonus. Or like I suggested before that pulsing aura from the Distortion/Displacement travel powers...
  • Options
    gamakytegamakyte Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ive had a small test of the new powers. Mostly using the Dummies. A little against Battle Station mobs. Nice to see Raven in there.

Im an amateur player (in terms of knowledge on how to get the best out of a character), using level 20, Str/Dex/Rec, standard gear.
    Thx for allowing me to bounce stuff off you Raven.

My tactic vs dummies to test stacking -
    Build stacks with particle accelerator to 15, lots of single blade attacks a long the way (by which time Ive triggered losing stability), gain 5 stacks of unified theory, particle smash.

- I find the stacking mechanics very cumbersome and it takes away from using the other laser sword powers. (they more replace the whole laser sword idea than add to it, Im using 4 powers to use all the mechanics provided)
    - Its a little boring to use particle accelerator. A combo animation to add some variety to the PA attack would be nice.
    - UT animation is jittery. at 8 seconds charge time the animation jerks and jumps at start to finish I think 4+ times and looks very broken
    - It takes a while to build stacks of PA to get the charge time on UT down to under 2 seconds (seemed around 6-8 stacks for me; 2 seconds I consider usable in a fight unless the enemy is CC'd) and then the damage output seems very high. I had roughly 3.5K on PS and UT on the power description with the above character before criticals.

In the BattleStation -
    - Most of my characters I find HARD vs Demon a tough fight. This character I eased through not blocking and had to let the main villain use its healing drain so I could try stack my UTs
    - VS all mobs (1 players mobs only) I gained 3 stacks of UT by the end.
    - I had no use for these powers. They would add some nice heavy damage for Bosses though Id bet, but otherwise seemed unbalanced in comparison to other power trees.

As is, Id say this is a very out of balance set of powers. It take sa long time to use the stacks, reduces defense, does a lot of damage, has a very heavy damage AoE using the Passive that last a long time (seemed a lot higher than other AoEs Ive used. Im not very experienced).

Numbers on damage and defense I cannot really say, Im not a number cruncher and know very little on all this, just seems right out of whack in relation to other power sets.
    Just a suggestion:

Could the passive be changed from buffing specifically Particle damage to buffing all Energy Damage (so Elec, Particle and Sonic)?

This would make it play nice with some of the stuff in Gadgeteering, and it'd be good to have an option to buff Energy damage that doesn't involve Elec Form's graphic.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    lsdps.jpg

Dex/Con/Int build. 120% severity, 50%ish crit.
    Form, new passive, Ego Surge/Ice Sheathe for active offenses.
    Energy management was not great, didn't optimize for it.
    Fighting Teleiosaurus.
    Last table is just Unified Theory numbers.

There is still no point to Particle Smash.
    My rotation was Laser Sword>Accelerator>Unified Theory.

Something has to give with the two burst powers. Unified Theory should not be able to spike like it can as particle smash will have to spike significantly harder (or have another effect entirely that's of similar potency) to make dropping all the stacks worth it. 35k+ unified spikes is already in the too damn high damage values.

And this is from a solo perspective, I'm not sure what horrors multiple players could unleash.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just a suggestion:

Could the passive be changed from buffing specifically Particle damage to buffing all Energy Damage (so Elec, Particle and Sonic)?

This would make it play nice with some of the stuff in Gadgeteering, and it'd be good to have an option to buff Energy damage that doesn't involve Elec Form's graphic.

Personal Opinion here, I'd say allow Quantum Stability to buff Particle and Sonic damage (leave Electric to Electric Form)...because outside of Tazer Arrow and a few devices there are not attacks outside Electricity that do Electric damage.

And allowing the Particle And Sonic it plays nice with all but 2 offensive powers in Gadgeteering and 1 that's shared by the whole tech tree, those are Toxic Nanites, Chainsaw Gauntlet, and Implosion Engine.

To Game Hobo, Quantum Stabilizer has a minor defensive component against Energy Damage and an Energy return mechanic against Particle Damage...basically its a Tech Tree Electric Form....and I already said its a Hybrid/Offensive Role passive. They basically for getting it set up (from what it looks like) copied Electric Form, and chopped off the Electric and Sonic damage buff and removed the R2 and R3 cosmetics. Then added in a unique AoE and Debuff proc combination. Yes I realize you don't really care about the tech tree, but I thought I'd give you an answer since you asked.

That said, I would love to see that Defensive component be changed to something like Unstoppable's Damage absorption over the highly specific and rare encounters with Energy Damage effects from opponents. I do however have to ask that it keeps the Particle Damage energy return.

Also the Tailoring issue is still in effect, I have two suggestions in the Combat and Powers section in the thread A Request for Trail Turtle, that I was wondering if it were possible to do either of, and I have a suggestion in my signature on how to justify spending the resources to do it with the link labeled New Weapon Skins I've listed out numerous ideas for new Laser Sword weapon skins based on currently existing Armor sets.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    And this is from a solo perspective, I'm not sure what horrors multiple players could unleash.

I am very shocked with the possible numbers with just Nemesis Heirloom gear. DEX/STR/INT - New Passive - I am getting 17-34k hits with just FoTT as my buff.

Gravitar wouldn't stand a chance against 5 players using these powers.

Since ALL particle Damage proc's Losing Stability, which in turn grants Quantum Instability which boost particle damage to affected foes by 30%...

I am currently of the opinion these stack on each other, so potentially 150% buff to particle damage on Gravitar (if 5 players using Quantum Passive) + spikes and crits... L . O . L

I don't want to say this....but.... you guys may have to bring out a Telepathy grade damage nerf to these powers to make them fall in line with other power sets, like what was done to New Telepathy, but not as harsh, we don't want the powers to be bad at damage.

I have a feeling that Accelerator needs to stack quicker, perhaps cap the stacks at a lower number value? Like 10 or 8? And have the effects scale up respectively.

I am inclined to say Unified should be able to hit for 8-15k or somewhere in that region for it's current build up. Maybe lower as the accelerator stacks now work and someone like me using Nemesis gear can get 29k damage or so with a power that has a 0.73 sec charge time.

Particle Accelerator needs to FX love, in combat style, it is very mundane to use, slash, slash slash slaaaaaaa...etc It should be made into a combo style power, perhaps taking inspiration from Ego Blades or Single Blade animations, with a little unique twist maybe.

Particle Smash...seems a little redundant, either Unified needs to do less damage and let Particle Smash be heavy hitter OR repurpose Particle Smash to be like a Reaper's Embrace style power, which detonates both Perfect Understanding, Unified Theory Stacks and Accelerator stacks.

Right now, everything seems a little "busy"...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    Personal Opinion here, I'd say allow Quantum Stability to buff Particle and Sonic damage (leave Electric to Electric Form)...because outside of Tazer Arrow and a few devices there are not attacks outside Electricity that do Electric damage.

And allowing the Particle And Sonic it plays nice with all but 2 offensive powers in Gadgeteering and 1 that's shared by the whole tech tree, those are Toxic Nanites, Chainsaw Gauntlet, and Implosion Engine..

I would strongly caution against adding Sonic Damage to the mix for that passive. Unleashed Rage deals Sonic Damage, I can see STR/CON/INT, Quantum Stabilizer Passive + Laser Sword + UR style builds rolling out and breaking UR with insane values in PvP/PvE

I think whilst particle damage is a little restrictive, it's for the best, as we do not really have many sonic powers.

I am sorry to be a buzz kill but it could happen. :redface:
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just remembered that this whole Fatal Err0r thing may be a good time to release all those unused Cybermind costume pieces.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    I just remembered that this whole Fatal Err0r thing may be a good time to release all those unused Cybermind costume pieces.

I am actually banking on it, perhaps followed by production and release of auras?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Question for other testers...as far as I can tell, the DoT component of Quantum Instability stacks, but as for the damage increase, I don't *think* it does, can someone confirm this is the case?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't want to say this....but.... you guys may have to bring out a Telepathy grade damage nerf to these powers to make them fall in line with other power sets, like what was done to New Telepathy, but not as harsh, we don't want the powers to be bad at damage.

Not as harsh? Why should telepathy be the only decimated new powers? I say make these powers as ugly and unsynergized as the telepathy powers were.

By all means release more powers that are exactly what the players who want the release DON'T want. No reason for telepathy to suffer alone.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage and Wrist Rocket should be added to this. Had to get the cyberninja be-critter to see what those powers were. They do particle damage and whatnot.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Not as harsh? Why should telepathy be the only decimated new powers? I say make these powers as ugly and unsynergized as the telepathy powers are.

By all means release more powers that are exactly what the players who want the release DON'T want. No reason for telepathy to suffer alone.

Point definitely noted, as bitter as I am, I don't wish what happened to New Telepathy on any other power set. I have to solo everything to feel any semblance of control, it sucks but there isn't much I can do about it right now. :/

Then again, on the flip side, if it DID happen, people would finally understand why you and I and a few others are so pissed at the state of the powers, and they wouldn't have had to even wait 10 months for them lol

The fact that at least the bugs with these powers (New Telepathy) are being looked into and actively being fixed, is positive, at least from my point of view.

Yes they shouldn't have left the PTS in such a condition, I don't think any power ever (as long as I have been around in CO) has been in such a state and dumped onto LIVE.

I hate to think that without me writing up that bug list how many of these bugs would still be around roaming CO, making any of the telepaths left feel even worse. :frown:

EDIT: By saying "not as harsh" I meant because these powers are made for damage, New Telepathy was originally intended to be Control which worked on every form of enemy, not specifically damage centric, whereas these powers are intended for nothing but damage.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013

EDIT: By saying "not as harsh" I meant because these powers are made for damage, New Telepathy was originally intended to be Control which worked on every form of enemy, not specifically damage centric, whereas these powers are intended for nothing but damage.

Good point. To put things on truly equal ground, the new laser sword powers should all have built in repel powers that keep the enemy just out of range of being used within 10 feet. I know what you're thinking.. but chasing down enemies that are repelled goes directly against the purpose of a melee set if you have to do it after every hit, but fear not. This change is designed as intended.

Then ALL the new powers have useless unwanted mechanics that dont fit their framework

EDIT: Oh and dont release them till 2015
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't been able to pop on to test yet, but do me a big favor and please don't make the laser sword passive form look obnoxious. It should have subtle (WotW) or nonexistant FX (like Quarry, Targeting Computer, Night Warrior) because I really don't want to crackle/glow with QUANTUM POWERRRR while smacking things with a laser sword.

Jedis don't crackle with power, giant mecha with laser swords don't crackle with power, thus heroes emulating either of those shouldn't have to crackle with power in order to get the most quantums for their quarks.
  • Options
    variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just tried out the new Laser Sword powers, figured I'd toss in my .02 USD.

The new mechanics are interesting, but the way Universal Theory and Particle Smash both look for you to build up stacks of Accelerator makes them compete with each other, which is a competition that UT almost unequivocally wins. One or both of them should be changed a bit so that there's some reason to ever take both, perhaps by making one an AoE or tuning the damage on UT down.

Accelerator feels like it'd be better as a mechanic added to Laser Sword than as a standalone power, or at the very least made into a combo so there can be some animation diversity, since it's going to the the primary attack in a build that uses it. As it stands there's really no reason to use both it and the old Laser Sword.

I like that Particle Smash is a more reliable way to apply Plasma Burns, the ability to build accelerator stacks off of one group and dump them onto the next and immediately Cauterize is very fun, but it feels almost extraneous since spamming UT not only does better damage with fewer powers (and set-up) but also maintains your +50% damage buff stacks.

It's nice to see Laser Sword builds get some options, but it almost feels like there's too many now, especially since they're all Single Target melee attacks.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Good point. To put things on truly equal ground, the new laser sword powers should all have built in repel powers that keep the enemy just out of range of being used within 10 feet. I know what you're thinking.. but chasing down enemies that are repelled goes directly against the purpose of a melee set if you have to do it after every hit, but fear not. This change is designed as intended.

I am so sorry, but I cannot stop laughing imagining this XD :biggrin:
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Holy Crap did we just get a new passive -- new energy sword powers and Telapthy fixes!!!

Just wow...wow...wow..thank you!

* Scurries off to test server*

Tested this out with ranged Particle Damage Powers. The results were a little... well just see
    Your Particle Mine deals 5096 Particle Damage to Cur with Particle Mine.
    Your Pulse Beam Rifle deals 2418 (2463) Particle Damage to Vargulf.

I'm running the new Passive, with Dex/Int/Ego

Also using these Specializations:

Dexterity: Gear Utilization 3/3, Brush It Off 2/2, Evasion 2/2, Quick Reflexes 3/3
    Guardian: Fortified Gear 3/3, Ruthless 2/2, The Best Defense 3/3, Retribution 2/2
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle 3/3, Aggressive Stance 2/2, Focused Strikes 3/3, Modified Gear 2/2
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    I know that there are some unresolved issues with Telepathy, but it does make it a little difficult for LordGar and GentlemanCrush to get focused feedback on new powers and missions. As such, I propose that someone start up an ongoing thread that consolidates this feedback.

If you're in agreement, someone can post it with the issues as of FC.31.20130612.24, then we'll update it with the new status as of each update. That way, we reduce the amount of moving parts in each PTS thread, and make it easier for everyone to identify what needs to be fixed.

(I'd post it myself, but if I post it, everything on the list will be considered Word-Of-Dev that it's going to be fixed. There may be some things, like sound effects or icons, that might be working as designed -- not to say that that's necessarily the case, just possible examples.)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I know that there are some unresolved issues with Telepathy, but it does make it a little difficult for LordGar and GentlemanCrush to get focused feedback on new powers and missions. As such, I propose that someone start up an ongoing thread that consolidates this feedback.

If you're in agreement, someone can post it with the issues as of FC.31.20130612.24, then we'll update it with the new status as of each update. That way, we reduce the amount of moving parts in each PTS thread, and make it easier for everyone to identify what needs to be fixed.

(I'd post it myself, but if I post it, everything on the list will be considered Word-Of-Dev that it's going to be fixed. There may be some things, like sound effects or icons, that might be working as designed -- not to say that that's necessarily the case, just possible examples.)

Made three threads for you guys, TT one for Telepathy, one for the Laser Sword as well as the general Power Armor ideas that were being bounced around, and one for the mission...
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is the tailor bugs going to be fixed soon along with the fixing of the wings on the female Modle?
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Firstly, thanks for listening to us about the need for that Laser Sword Passive.:biggrin:

Now to get into the nitty gritty! I'm going to do my ABSOLUTE BEST to clean this set up in this post. Right now there is a TON going on with this set, a bit to much. Let's try to keep everything we have now, but CONDENSE it into something a bit more manageable shall we.

1st) Let's start with this brand spankin' new passive. I LIKE IT! I really do, but I'd like to see a few minor things changed to it.
    *It should be a MELEE PASSIVE! Have it boost Melee Particle Damage, and Ranged Particle Damage to a LESSER degree. One of the reasons I have for this is that there is already a Ranged Damage Passive in the Power Armor Set.
    *My other reason for making it a MELEE PASSIVE is so we can add the basic RESIST ALL DAMAGE to it instead of just Energy Damage. This passive is being built specifically for Laser Sword(which is melee), melee users need to have basic damage resistances to survive.
    *Last thing I would like to suggest changed is MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL! That being the Quantum Instability Summon. I would like to see this Summon CHANGED to a PBAoE Buff instead. This would help make it more friendly to melee, becase as it is currently it would be useless against anything that moves around(Like other players.) As a PBAoE, you'd be able to lunge after your enemy if need be and still gain the benefit of the buff for it's full duration. Because of the added movement capability, the AoE damage should be neutered quite a bit. PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE!
    ALSO! Here is an example of the FX I would like to see Quantum Instability given! I used the current power "Mindful Reinforcement." It visually looks pretty darn good with the electrical FX on currently on the passive I must say, just wish it respected colors a bit better as it tends to distort your color choice. I would hope to see a larger bubble to show the full range of the power though.
    QuantumFX.jpg

2nd)Here's is where we talk about the one MAJOR FIX to make this new stacking system work. And it starts with REMOVING ACCELERATOR as an attack!
    *NEW POWER! PARTICLE ACCELERATOR FORM!!!
    Yep, right now we have a few to many attacks in this Laser Sword Sub Set. Turning this power into a FORM specifically for the Laser Sword set(much like Mental Discipline is for ID Blades), will do wonders for the overall synergy of the set. Accelerator will now stack right along with Quantum Instability(if your also using the new passive) on every particle damage power tick(up to 30 with accelerator buff numbers sorted out to match same max as current.)
    This will give you the option to use your swords to apply Accelerator slowly, but allowing you to apply plasma burns at the same time and take advantage of melee damage buff from my proposed Quantum Stability changes.
    OR you have the option to use ranged particle attacks like Pulse Beam Rifle to build stacks of Accelerator much quicker, but at the price of no plasma burn applications and lesser ranged damage buff from my proposed Quantum Stability changes.

All this will allow you to create a more synergetic attack chain like so...
    *Use Laser Sword to apply Plasma Burns, Accelerator, and Quantum Instability
    *Then use Plasma Cutter to Cauterize Burns
    *Then use Unified Theory(THAT NAME *Shudders*) at a GREATLY REDUCED DAMAGE(damage should be LESS THAN a full 5 stack Cauterize from Plasma Cutter at least.) Now consumes 10 stacks for Accelerator.
    *You now have the option to either apply more stacks of Unified Theory(Still up to 5 max) or go ahead and apply more plasma burns to cauterize.
    *once you have your 5 stacks of Unified Theory in order you can use Particle Smash, which is now your Highest Damage attack and also grants 5 stacks of plasma burn. BUT now costs your entire energy bar with a minimum of 35 to activate(simply so you can not use Plasma Cutter directly after a Particle Smash.)
    *BEHOLD YOUR TRIUMPHANT SYNERGY!!!

3rd)There is one last power that needs an overhaul to make this set COMPLETE! That being....

LIGHTWAVE SLASH

As it is I simply wouldn't bother picking the power up for anything as it's not very effective for AoE damage, and it doesn't offer anything special to the table in the form of an Advantage like Swallow Tail Cut.

This is why I suggest TRANSFORMING this power into the PBAoE maintain we were asking for. The one where you slam your sword into the ground and Particle Waves ripple along the ground, doing damage each tick and having a chance to apply plasma burn each tick.

ADVANTAGE!!! This power could be given an advantage to turn it into a Charge Up attack! Where you slam your sword into the ground and one BIG WAVE of Particle Energy engulfs your enemies. This advantage would also come with 100% chance to effect all targets hit with plasma burn.

Well, there you have it. I do wish you guys luck on getting this set completed, can't wait to revamp my laser ninja. Just gonna add a quick reminder to add in those 0pt advantages to both the Passive and Form for that *cough* NEW DOUBLE SIDED SWORD OPTION *cough*.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT DIS!!

DoubleEdgedLaserSword.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You may want to edit your above post and move it to the correct thread :wink:
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You may want to edit your above post and move it to the correct thread :wink:

Yeah, I stuck the suggestion over thar too. Took me a long time to write all that out and get the pics ready and stuff. So didn't know till it was to late.:biggrin: