test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Create-an-Emote Topic!

13»

Comments

• kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOVE LOVE LOVE all these ideas, especially Bioshrike's military ones. But I feel they're missing a couple. In addition I'd love to see;

/e_attention

Where your character stands up straight, still, faces forward, their feet are together at the heels and their hands are clasped at their sides. They remain stationary until a movement key is pressed. Position of attention, as seen;
    image3489.jpg

Then you have; /e_knifehand

Your character faces his/her target, extends an arm out as though pointing to them, but rather than pointing with one finger, their fingers are all lined up with each other and their hand is turned at the wrist, making a 'knife' to point with, and they appear to yell at their target. Reference;
    120809-N-CD297-029.jpg

Target audience; anyone with military characters, particularly Marines or Army themed
    Possible costume pieces to go with it; CAMPAIGN HATS! (male and female)

Male: greer.jpg

Female: Corbis-42-26413202.jpg?size=67&uid=c8292e48-d785-47e4-b133-aabe1268f34a

And a bunch of military insignia for sleeves and such from the different branches as arm accessories. I've seen a ton of military-themed characters in my time in game. I think all those emotes and insignia/hats combined could be one hell of a cool pack.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    /e wallrest

Player is posed as if leaning casually against a wall, arms crossed with one leg bent with the foot against the wall behind them.

Useful for RP when you don't just want to stand around.

Since Sitchair and Sitheroic have been broken since 2009, letting
    us at least pretend to lean against a wall would be better than knees deep in concrete.
    In theory.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Emotes...

Armpit noise. (Sound effect not required)

Shadow Boxing.

'Stinky, ew!' reaction. (covering nose and waving hand)

Gangnam Style dance.

Hip thrusting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8kDsM0M-vg

HAMMER TIME. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

The CARLTON! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANUkOyDNQ

Ice Ice Baby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

Thriller! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRWOnoWFh4

Readin' the paper.

Drunkard sway.

Typing on the datapad on the arm.

Playing a Gameboy.

Drink 'can/bottle/mug/glass'

Dry heave.

OK, I'm a damaged man, I get it.
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aggressive mooning, with loud contemptuous grunts
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep them suggestions coming y'all!

Gotta give TrailTurtle some go ones that people will want to buy! :biggrin:

(note: some of the people are sooo penny-pinching cheap that they even complain about 475 Zen, so we gotta make it something that appeals to large numbers of people)
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anything and everything off THIS page. Complete with .gif's demonstrating exactly what is done. :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure "armpit noise" without the noise isn't just... odd.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
    edited July 2013
    /e_forlorn

Your character sits in a fashion similar to regular sit, but with their elbows rested on their knees and their face in their hands.

edited July 2013
    kittyanon wrote: »
    /e_forlorn

Your character sits in a fashion similar to regular sit, but with their elbows rested on their knees and their face in their hands.

I don't follow... maybe translate this for me with a picture?
    edited July 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I don't follow... maybe translate this for me with a picture?

Here ya go. :3

stock-photo-depressed-businessman-sitting-face-in-hands-1209356.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nephthatesyew_zpse837f646.jpg

I propose one. The I HATE YEW ALL! face U__U"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want to sleep in the bed. Why we all have to sleep always standing. :(
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2013

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Criminal Pack

;spraypaint (creates a decal)
    ;walllean
    ;loiter
    ;hammer (looks like you're stealing a tire from a car)
    ;swagger (type of swaying stance a street thug does on TV when you're cornered in an alleyway)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some sort of Super Sentai Powerup Posing would be neat. And a Magical Girl Transformation version too.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Some sort of Super Sentai Powerup Posing would be neat. And a Magical Girl Transformation version too.

Throwing Blades!!!

sailor___moon_tiara_action___by_shadowjupiter-d4mdpjk.gif
  • dikawolfdikawolf Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Costume Change Emotes

Too start off easy
    Roinesh_CC - like the Roin'esh do when they change

For others
    Spin_CC - Like some famous amazon princess does
    Digital_CC - Become wireframe which is erased and redrawn to the wireframe of the next costume before reverting (or something like a 80's digital superhero does when he creates his vehicles.
    Majokko_CC - Turn a solid color with a anime dancing spin and flashy effects ending in a pose with the new costume (like sailor suited heroes do in Japan though not as long
    Sentai_CC - Pose before flashy transformation (there are hundreds to choose from in anime)

Seriously CC transformations would probably be the best selling on any emote packs that could be made available.
    Be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Emotes...

Armpit noise. (Sound effect not required)

Shadow Boxing.

'Stinky, ew!' reaction. (covering nose and waving hand)

Gangnam Style dance.

Hip thrusting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8kDsM0M-vg

HAMMER TIME. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

The CARLTON! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ANUkOyDNQ

Ice Ice Baby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

Thriller! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRWOnoWFh4

Readin' the paper.

Drunkard sway.

Typing on the datapad on the arm.

Playing a Gameboy.

Drink 'can/bottle/mug/glass'

Dry heave.

OK, I'm a damaged man, I get it.

Y'know, cyber....when you were listing the dance emotes, you forgot a couple essential ones.

Like THIS one.

Or THIS.

And you forgot about her.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    name: lead_charge_static

Description: Same as existing Lead Charge Emote, but remains pointing forward until player moves rather than returning to normal stance automatically

name: talk_telephone_left & talk_telephone_right

Description: Pull a small mobile telephone from a pocket and hold to ear Left/Right as appropriate. Mouth moves as per standard talk emotes. Remains in stance until movement occurs

name: take_photograph

Description: Pull a small digital from a pocket and hold in front of face. take a photograph with the camera emitting a flash. return camera to pocket.

Note: Im sure the Reporter NPCs in Lemurian Antiquities mission do something along these lines at the end of the mission.

name: lightbulb

Description: Tilts head back and looks up as a light bulb appears and glows over players head. "Ping!" sound effect plays and then player returns to normal stance.

Notes: I have an idea! <Lightbulb!>

name: shocked

description: Raises both eyebrows and eyes get large and mouth forms an O shape. Large Explamation Point (!) appears over players head. "Gulp" sound is heard. player returns to normal stance.

name: quizzical

description: Raises one eyebrow and pouts a little. Large Question Mark (?) appears over players head. "Whaaat?" sound is heard. player returns to normal stance

Just some ideas while the server is in maintenance
  • borg10f9borg10f9 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, I know this game isn't City of..., but since they were both Cryptic games, and we've seen that certain aspects are similar, maybe they could dust off a few of the old classics from CoX. This is not the entire list, but the vast majority of it. SO MANY good ones here, it boggles the mind (bold print ones are my personal favs):

afraid: Cower in fear, hold stance.
    akimbo: Stands with fists on hips looking forward, hold stance.
    alakazam: Thrusts out one arm like you are performing a magic trick.
    alakazamreact: Flash of light and a pumpkin is left where your character was. After a few seconds, the character reappears, looks around and shrugs

angry: Fists on hips and slouches forward, as if glaring or grumbling, hold stance.
    assumepositionwall: Turns around and spreads legs as if getting frisked, hold stance.
    atease: Stands in the 'parade rest' military position (legs spread out slightly, hands behind back) stance, hold stance.
    attack: Gives a charge! type point, fists on hips stance.
    batsmash: Hit someone or something with a bat, repeat.
    batsmashreact: React as if getting hit with a bat, often used in duo with batsmash.
    bigwave: Waves over the head, fists on hips stance.
    binoculars: Gaze through a large pair of binoculars, hold stance.
    boombox: Summons forth a boombox (it just appears) and leans over to turn it on, stands up and does a sort of dance.
    bow: Chinese/Japanese style bow, holds bow stance.
    bowdown: Thrusts hands forward, then points down, as if ordering someone else to bow before you.
    burp: A raunchy belch, wipes mouth with arm afterwards, ape-like stance.
    buzzoff: Makes a go away gesture.
    camera: Hold an old-fashioned camera, and periodically take a picture, repeats.
    cellphone: Talk on a cellphone, periodically nodding, shaking head, and gesturing with hand, repeats.
    cheer: Randomly does one of 3 cheers, 1 fist raised, 2 fists raised or 2 fists lowered, repeats.
    chicken: Character flaps his arms and impersonates a chicken, ends in the "akimbo" stance.
    clap: Claps hands several times, crossed arms stance.
    clipboard: Write notes on a clipboard, repeats.
    coin: Flips a coin, randomly displays heads or tails, and hold stance. Coin image remains until stance broken.
    crossarms: Crosses arms, stance
    crouch: Squats down into a cat-like ready-to-pounce position, holds stance.
    dance: Randomly performs a dance.
    dance1: Dances with elbows by hips.
    dance2: Dances with fists raised.
    dance3: Swaying hands by hips, aka 'Really Bad' dancing.
    dance4: Swaying hands up in the air, like in a breeze.
    dance5: As Dance4, but jumping as well.
    dance6: The monkey.
    dice: picks up, shakes and rolls a die, randomly displays the results (1-6), default stance. Die image quickly fades, so make a quick note of what the roll was!
    disagree: Shakes head, crosses hand in front, then offers an alternative, crossed arms stance.
    drat: Raises fists up, then down, stomping at the same time, same ending stance as frustrated.
    drink: Character holds a cup and drinks from it.
    drum: Beats a large wooden drum.
    drumdance: The Tuatha Drum dance.
    drumlow: Kneels and plays a small wooden drum on the ground.
    dustoff: Character dusts off his hands.
    eatdonut: Character eats a donut
    eatfood (eat) (food): Character eats a bit of food, usually a hot dog, hamburger or sandwich; Dwarf form of Kheldians and other "monster" skeletons will instead gnaw on a large bone.
    explain: Hold arms out in a "wait a minute" gesture, motion alternatives, then shrug.
    evillaugh: Extremely melodramatic, overacted evil laugh.
    fancybow: A much more elegant, ball-room style bow, falls into neutral forward facing stance.
    fishing: Hold out a fishing rod and reel, hold stance.
    flashlight: Look around with a flashlight out in one of two stances, either the flashlightup stance or the flashlightdown stance. Note that the light is only on at night
    flashlightdown: Look around with a flashlight aimed below head level. Note that the light is only on at night.
    flashlightup: Look around with a flashlight aimed above head level. Note that the light is only on at night.
    flex1: Fists raised, flexing arms stance, hold stance.
    flex2: A side-stance flexing arms, hold stance.
    flex3: Another side-stance, flexing arms, hold stance.
    flip (backflip): Character performs a standing backflip.
    flippingcoin: Flip a coin into the air and catch it without checking whether it is heads or tails, repeats.
    floatbooks: Places three magical tomes floating in mid-air, and character glances among them and holds stance.
    flypose1: During flight, changes flight pose to arms fully outstretched in front. (Issue 9)
    flypose2: During flight, changes flight pose to one arm in front, one arm pulled back to side, and one knee pulled upward, as if flying to punch something.
    flypose3: During flight, changes flight pose to arms stretched forward and to the side in a Y-formation.
    flypose4: During flight, changes flight pose to head up and arms pulled back to side, in an "I dare you to shoot at me" pose.
    frustrated: Raises both fists and leans backwards, shaking fists and head, leads into a quick-breathing angry-looking stance.
    getsome: Turns to the side and pats butt in defiance.
    grief: Falls to knees, hands on forhead, looks up and gestures a sort of "why me?" look with hands, goes into a sort of depressed slump while on knees, holds stance.
    hand (talktohand): Hold hand out in a "talk to the hand" gesture.
    handsup: Two stances with hands up, one standing and one kneeling.
    hi (wave): Simple greeting wave, fists on hips stance.
    holdtorch: Produce burning torch and hold it up
    howl: Lean back and howl at the moon.
    huh : Raises hands and cocks head in a classical "What?"/"I don't know" look, neutral forward facing stance.
    invent: Character fiddles with some kind of glowing Rubik's Cube-style device that hovers on its own, repeats.
    jackhammer: Pulls a jackhammer from the air, proceeds to use on ground.
    jumpingjacks: Does jumping jacks, repeats.
    kneel: Quickly kneels on both knees with hands on thighs, holds stance.
    knuckles: Cracks knuckles.
    laptop: Summon a laptop and a stand for it, and start typing.
    laugh: Fists on hips, tosses head back and laughs.
    laugh2: Another style of laugh.
    lecture: Waves/shakes hands in different motions in a lengthy lecture, fists on hips stance.
    ledgesit: Sit with legs over the edge of whatever you're standing on with one of two postures.
    listenpoliceband: Character produces the police band scanner and opens its display. Heroes only.
    martialarts (kata): Warm up/practice punches and blocks.
    militarysalute: Stands in the military-style heads-high hand on forehead salute stance.
    newspaper (afk): Materializes a newspaper and reads it.
    no : Shakes head and waves hands in front of character, crossed arms stance.
    nod: Fists on hips, nod yes, hold stance.
    none: Cancels the current emote, if any, and resumes default standing animation cycle.
    noooo: (that's 4 o's in noooo...) Shaking fist.
    panhandle: Sits and waves a tin cup around as if asking for change.
    peerin: Make "hand binoculars" and look around, repeats.
    plot : Rubs hands together while hunched over.
    point: Extends left arm and points in direction character is facing, hold stance.
    praise: Kneel prostrate and and repeatedly bow in adoration.
    protest: Hold hold up one of several randomly selected mostly unreadable protest signs
    readbook: Open a book in one hand, read while pointing at words with the other.
    research: Pull out book and begin consulting it while making gestures in the air with other.
    researchlow: Same as research, but kneeling on one knee.
    roar: Claws air, roaring, ape-like stance.
    rock/paper/scissors: Plays rock/paper/scissors, picking your choice
    salute: A hand-on-forehead salute, fists on hips stance.
    score1 to score10: Holds a black on white scorecard up, ranging from 1-10 as specified, holds stance.
    screen : Character observes and writes like on a monitor or chalkboard.
    shucks: Swings fist and head dejectedly, neutral forward facing stance
    sit: Sits down, legs forward, with knees bent, elbows on knees, and slightly slumped over, stance.
    sitbench1: Sits leaning back with legs at almost straight angle.
    sitbench2: Sits with right leg crossed under left.
    sitbench3: Sprawls out with arms spread out, presumably on the back of the sofa or bench.
    sitbench4: Sits upright with legs slightly extended in front.
    sitchair1: Sits with hands on knees, legs slightly spread and squared.
    sitchair2: Sits with arms on legs, slightly hunched forward.
    sitchair3: Sits with hands on legs and legs slightly extended in front.
    sitexecutivechair: Sit with arms at side, as if on armrests, and leaning back.
    sitstool: Sit with one leg propped slightly higher than the other.
    sittable1: Same as sit
    sittable2: Same as sitstool
    slap: Slap someone or something
    slapreact: React to getting slapped, often used in duo with slap

slash : Slashing motion across throat.
    sleep: Body goes limp while still standing. Zzz's appear above character's head.
    stop : Raises your right hand above your head, hold stance.
    talk: Stand upright and slight bob head as if in a long diatribe. Periodically make hand gestures, repeats.
    tarzan : Beats chest and howls, angry-looking stance.
    taunt1 : Taunts, beckoning with one hand, then slaps fist into palm, repeating stance.
    taunt2: Taunts, beckoning with both hands, combat stance.
    teabag: Character produces a cup of tea and bobs a teabag in it endlessly. Loops.
    thewave: Does the wave (as seen in stadiums at sporting events), neutral facing forward stance.
    threathand: Raise hand, as if threatening to backhand someone.
    type: Types as if on a keyboard. (Issue 8?)
    victory: Raises hands excitedly, and then again less excitedly, and then a third time almost non-chalantly, falls into neutral forward facing stance.
    waiting: Cross arms on chest and tap foot. Periodically check wristwatch, and slice hand through air in an "I can't believe he's still not here!" motion. Repeats.
    walllean: Casually lean against a wall in one of two postures
    warmhands: lean down and rub hands as if over a fire
    wavefist (rooting): Waves fist, hoots and then claps (its a cheer), crossed arms stance.
    welcome: Open arms welcomely, fists on hips stance.
    whistle: Whistles (sounds like a police wistle), ready-stance.
    winner (champion): Fist in fist cheer, right, and then left, neutral forward facing stance.
    wounded: Stand in one spot and wobble, as if extremely drunk or stunned.
    yatayata: Make "blah blah blah" gesture with hand and look bored, as if to say, "Is he still talking?"
    yourewelcome: Bows head and gestures with hand, neutral forward facing stance.
    yes: Big thumbs up and an affirmative nod, fists on hips stance.
    yoga: Sits down cross legged with hands on knees/legs, holds stance. Works while flying or hovering.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I sincerely hope LordGar and Cryptic North look at this when creating their next emote packs.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would swear I already suggest this one. { scratches head }

Rodan's The Thinker pose.

rodin-thinker.jpg
    -
    It's just another seated position pose.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited October 2013
    So we got one emote pack, but I see literally dozens of great suggestions in this thread yet to be implemented.

Suggestions on next steps?
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why not a bellydance emote?
    edited October 2013
    I suppose the next step would be going through the suggestions and putting together emotes that would fit a theme or a pack. Collate everything in a standard format with name, description etc.

Ideas for Pack combinations: Using Accessories (phones, cameras, flashlights etc), Military (salutes, stances etc), Dance (thriller, gangnam etc), Prone (Death Emotes, Bed/Sleep Emotes etc), Hand Signals (waves of various kinds)

Any which are not fully described go back to original poster asking for perhaps an image example.

If someone has access to modelling or animation software perhaps they could compile a test reel for each pack to give Cryptic North animators something to work from.
    edited October 2013
    Apologies for double post here, but I had to add this:

name: Tai Chi

Description: Perform Tai Chi Movements Full animation plus static pose emotes (see image & video for example)

th_TaiChi1_zps33cd8a22.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhyUL0_ITus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V58I502J86M

I think this one would be a big seller. Especially if as well as the full animation loop version, they included specific poses which would be utilised by any martial arts character for screenshots etc. E.g Poses 10, 46, 67, 76, 116, 143, 144, 165 and 169 all stand out to me as useful poses.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Commands for pet emotes!