test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher fails to load the game

vylmavylma Posts: 61 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
When I click the start button on the launcher it closes and nothing else happens the game doesn't start. Everything was still working yesterday I wonder what's wrong... When I look in the task manager the gameclient process disappear once I try to launch the game after the version verification/patching.

I forced the file verification, it didn't solve anything. I don't know what to do now.
Post edited by vylma on

Comments

• Options
    tazinastazinas Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This started happening to me today. Game gets to the Cryptic logo screen, then never progresses. After a bit, the game goes down and the submit error box pops up. Also verified the files and still no go.

Edit: To be precise, i get an error box stating:

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to Patch Server: The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    jaerobjaerob Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem here. I click the 'Play" button on Arc, and it's like a window opens, but there is no window. Nothing happens. It started happening today.
  • Options
    wesker04wesker04 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same. Its ridiculous. I was really enjoying this game too.

I played fine for a week. Then after server maintenence I was at the tailor, game crashed, cryptic box opened up then nothing.

Now I hit PLAY in Arc and the tab pops up on my task bar, but no screen opens. The launcher wont launch.

I tried going into the program files and launching from there. It gets me to the LOGIN screen but after I login it just keeps timing out.

Should I just give up on this game?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh and after submitting a ticket to Support they take days to reply and when they do its generic "wait longer" or "turn your modem off for 30 secs" bs. Not helpful at ALL.

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This seems to happen on all Cryptic games now too. Tried downloading Neverwinter just for kicks....same crap.

Played Jade Dynasty...worked just fine.
  • Options
    lovelyspylovelyspy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i am just giving it up. I been loyal for far too long and not gonna take this. Guess PWE and Cryptic doesnt really care about CO.

i love this game but to do an update when everything was fine? oh and if you try running it through the Live client, you can sign in but not connect to your characters
  • Options
    eaingsoup3eaingsoup3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So that's it....nothing? Wont work for anyone?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Doesnt seem to and they wont even address the issue when asked.

In fact, when I submitted a ticket, after waiting DAYS for a reply, they send me a link on how to fix Star Trek Online.......friggin kidding me.....not even the game I asked about.

I too think im giving up. Im soo glad Im not paying for this because this is ridiculous
  • Options
    vancelot13377vancelot13377 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did somebody find a solution to the problem with launching the game :confused::frown::confused:
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the launcher fails to, well, launch (or is on your task bar and is invisible otherwise), this is the fix:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10865461&postcount=11

(yes it's on the STO boards, but the fix applies to CO and NW's launcher as well)
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    glixxaxelglixxaxel Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This didnt help for me..I still cant see the Launcher Window for CO...Will this work if im in the middle of redownloading it???
    Darlanthus is a Man of dark secrets, Powers even the creatures of the Void are afraid of. Beware of the man known as Darlanthus
  • Options
    m0rr3d14b0m0rr3d14b0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys try to get the folder of the game and send it to the work area:biggrin::biggrin::smile: