test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20130612.22/23 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 6:00 pm, 7/25/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

Missions:
  • New Mission: "FATAL ERR0R: Carrier Wave" - Part 2 of our FATAL ERR0R arc. SOCRATES has identified the source of the hack signal. Talk to her to start the mission (you need to have completed Intranet Deployment first.)

Powers:

We've added new Laser Sword powers to Power Armor:
  • Particle Accelerator - Click - You strike quickly, gaining a stack of Accelerator.
  • Particle Smash - Click - You strike from 15 feet, consuming your stacks of Accelerator to deal bonus damage.
  • Unified Theory - Charge (8 seconds) - You Deal massive particle damage, gaining the Unified Theory buff. This buff stacks up to 5 times, increasing your particle damage. If you reach 5 stacks of Unified Theory you gain Perfect Understanding which doubles the damage of your next Particle Smash. The charge time of this power is reduced for each stack of Accelerator. Each use of this power consumes 2 stacks of Accelerator.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
ere it happens
What happens
[/COLOR]
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New Laser Sword powers? OMFG!
    I was planning my next character to use Laser Sword but I wasn't sure, this is Perfect timing :biggrin:

Still no Fitting Passive for Laser Sword through (Don't forget only Electric Form Boost Particle Damage)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wonder how many mobs will actually live through the buildup to 5 Unified Theory stacks. Hopefully the consumers of Accelerator are AoE at least... three single target powers to rank up for a gimmick that will likely be useless in 95% of the game sounds like bad design to me.

I'd love to be wrong though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New powers are very unexpected and can't wait to test them! O.O I'm wondering though if that 3 power chain might become tedious since particle accelerator as of now is the only source of accelerate.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought the problem with the laser sword attacks is a lack of AoE. They already have fancy stacking mechanics with plasma burn.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fighting Claws could use AoE....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    selphea wrote: »
    I thought the problem with the laser sword attacks is a lack of AoE. They already have fancy stacking mechanics with plasma burn.

this here...and the plasma burn mechanic needs help in the form of being able to refresh the stacks otherwise its down right impossible to get and maintain the full 5 stacks and still have time to rupture all of them...

and the Laser Sword powers also need a passive specific for them...because currently the only passives available from an offensive stand point are Electric Form, Way of the Warrior and Unstoppable...and they don't provide a buff for the plasma burn stacks...and Way of the Warrior and Unstoppable surprisingly (in my characters at any rate) provide a better bonus to the Laser Sword Powers than Electric Form. Yes Electric Form boosts Energy damage, but Way of the Warrior and Unstoppable boost all melee damage and have better mitigation than Electric Form as well...
    edited July 2013
    New power stuff:

Accelerator is a decent power, though I don't understand why the new accelerator buff can't just be rolled into Laser Sword. Spamming the Accelerator power looks bad to me. The power and/or tooltip need to state the max cap of 15 stacks of Accelerator.

Unified Theory does not have reduced charge speed with Accelerator buffs, contrary to the tooltip. Aside from the 8 second charge time (which *should* be much less when the Accelerator interaction is fixed) this power is absurdly powerful. Retooling my support character (same stats of PRE w/ DEX/CON and same specs) allowed for ~40k hits in melee damage role w/ WotW and 8 focus stacks.

Particle Smash suffers from the same problem of "holy crap spike damage" as Unified Theory, assuming the proper setup. 5 stacks Unified Theory + 15 stacks Accelerator + 8 stacks focus + WotW saw ~47k crits on a character with only 60% crit severity. In one instance Particle Smash failed to use the 5x Unified Theory stacks for double damage.

I am sure others will be able to get much higher numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From my initial observations(aka: Reading this thread) I would also have to throw my support behind expanding the plasma burn mechanics which already exist for PA as opposed to adding new things to build and stack. It, IMO, is getting a lil ridiculous with all the various things you could build and stack in this game as opposed to making existing mechanics like this just function better.

I also would like to echo Falch's sentiment. I have a PA blader and most things in this game never make it through the stacking process alive anyways.

Avianos is also correct in that I too would absolutely love to see a new passive for particle damage since all my particle toons aren't Louie The Lightning Bug. And if such a passive is made for this set then please make is ranged AND Melee so it's possible to work with the various particle damage synergies and not be so restricted.

Ok, that's about it for me for now. Until next time. ;)
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The new mission has major performance drops, especially when the robot storage area is drawn.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can newer powers have MORE synergy with others. Having to acquire specific powers to get others to work better is forcing builds into a tight niche. These should just work with plasma burn instead of accelerator to make those powers more useful.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, getting some new laser sword skills is awesome, but is there any chance we could get a passive to go with the set?

Either a retool of targeting system to work with melee tech powers, or a new passive for melee tech abilities?

Personally, I'd rather a new passive, just to give us some variety for passive, but falling that, just expanding targeting computer to work with the whole tech tree would be a good workaround.

On a sepperate note, have we made any progress fixing laser sword skins?
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    From my initial observations(aka: Reading this thread) I would also have to throw my support behind expanding the plasma burn mechanics which already exist for PA as opposed to adding new things to build and stack. It, IMO, is getting a lil ridiculous with all the various things you could build and stack in this game as opposed to making existing mechanics like this just function better.

I also would like to echo Falch's sentiment. I have a PA blader and most things in this game never make it through the stacking process alive anyways.

Avianos is also correct in that I too would absolutely love to see a new passive for particle damage since all my particle toons aren't Louie The Lightning Bug. And if such a passive is made for this set then please make is ranged AND Melee so it's possible to work with the various particle damage synergies and not be so restricted.

Ok, that's about it for me for now. Until next time. ;)

What this guy said.
    Can newer powers have MORE synergy with others. Having to acquire specific powers to get others to work better is forcing builds into a tight niche. These should just work with plasma burn instead of accelerator to make those powers more useful.

And this guy too.
    Well, getting some new laser sword skills is awesome, but is there any chance we could get a passive to go with the set?

Either a retool of targeting system to work with melee tech powers, or a new passive for melee tech abilities?

Personally, I'd rather a new passive, just to give us some variety for passive, but falling that, just expanding targeting computer to work with the whole tech tree would be a good workaround.

On a sepperate note, have we made any progress fixing laser sword skins?

This is also a nice suggestion.
    It would probably be really smart if you took notes, Cryptic. :)
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just an assumption, but this feels like Cryptic North's first effort at creating new powers (the telepathy mini-set being a side project of Gentleman Crush's). Anyway, I haven't tried them out yet, but even though they may not be perfect on this iteration, I am taking this as a rather hopeful sign. Perhaps the Cryptic North team is getting more comfortable with the tools and things are picking up?
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Echoing performance drops in the new mission.

New Laser Sword powers have the potential to be fun. Current values are set too damn high to make a proper judgement. Tone down the damage a few notches. We should not be seeing 70k+ spikes :)

Falchoin already addressed the bugs.
    edited July 2013
    New mission stuffs... -SPOILER WARNING-

Difficult to access the interior due to the button only being available if the player stands just right.

Random hiccups in framerate during the mission interior.

Cybermind looks pretty beefy but sounds like a whiney teenager.

No direction after defeating Cyberlord.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The new mission has major performance drops, especially when the robot storage area is drawn.

Upon reaching the second floor down and getting into the room, the game just crashes for this very reason. It must be the production line just below that. Why is there so many?! Its like (IT IS!) loading 500 players at once. Make it a texture or a single object with less detail or something.

I crash every time I use Strafing Run from the sheer overload of objects. I can only imagine how painful this would be with a full team.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yup. Went in......fi...g...ht...in..g..Us...e..d...TG...M and died. On a Normal difficulty level.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm gonna echo the performance drop as well, I can run almost anything on this, and when that loaded up my framerate plummeted by at least 20-30.

Also gonna echo the Laser Sword thing. I like new powers, spike is ridiculous though, and why not try to use the things we already got? Less work right?
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited July 2013
    1. Particle Accelerator - Needs to be made into a wide cone AoE or at least have an advantage to turn it into one. It needs its range increased to at least 10 feet to bring it up to equal range as all other melee powers.

2. Particle Smasher - Possibly be renamed to Atom Smasher. It should apply 1 stack of Particle Burn per stack of Accelerator consumed to a max of 5 on target. Increase range to 10 feet.

3. Unified Theory - Possibly renamed to Obliterate since it uses the Annihilate animation. Should have tap damage as well as full charge damage otherwise its basically a melee range sniper rifle. its base charge time should be lowered by 5 seconds. Should have its range increased to 10 feet.

I would also like to ask as others have asked will the tailoring issue be resolved. The tailor is still flagging the Laser Sword as a Martial Arts melee weapon without actually changing the weapon skin during game play.

And there should be a passive for these powers as I and others are asking for...like the one I made in the suggestion box.

Knight Errant - Offensive Passive - Boosts Melee powers. Greater Boost to non-physical Melee Powers. Minor boost to other non-physical powers. Buffs the damage done per tick of Particle Burn. Provides Minor Damage Reduction. (basically takes Way of the Warrior and switches the numbers between Physical and Non-Physical damage around and swaps out Bleed for Particle Burn).
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tested the new mission

+It's fun
    +I like the voice work
    +It feels more polished than the other daily mission arcs

-Frame rate issues in the crate and robot storage rooms
    -Music will randomly play at each enemy mob like it's starting a boss.
    -Would like to see circles on the map to where these elevator bypasses are.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Just an assumption, but this feels like Cryptic North's first effort at creating new powers (the telepathy mini-set being a side project of Gentleman Crush's). Anyway, I haven't tried them out yet, but even though they may not be perfect on this iteration, I am taking this as a rather hopeful sign. Perhaps the Cryptic North team is getting more comfortable with the tools and things are picking up?

These powers are also Gentleman Crush's work.

I'd also back the notion to see a particle damage passive outside of Electric Form, could also perhaps be a prelude to radiation style powers maybe? :wink:

*Runs off to test the new mission*
    edited July 2013
    Cybermind is in Resistance on the deceased Mentalist List, I suspect he is the Menton of their universe.

The costume set however was one of the things that never made it in for some reason, OR it made it in but cannot be accessed by players.

Gear_Cybermind.jpg

Looks pretty cool, I wonder if he'll pop up in FATAL Err0r? I doubt it, but you never know..

Caaaaaaaaallled it :3

Any clue of if he has costume drops? Or even if he looks like this?

This post will be edited...later..:biggrin:
    edited July 2013
    Any word on:

- The Shield HP to Breakfree bug?

- The Telepathy Tooltip Errors

- And the whole host of various New Telepathy power bug/performance issues?

I'd really appreciate it (and I am sure others would as well) if these were fixed. Realistically they shouldn't have left PTS with these errors.
    edited July 2013
    General comments:

Again guys! Great work! Damn, if this is the future sorts of content development for CO, I am glad I have stuck to CO!

I enjoyed being able to solo the entire mission, cannot wait for the next instalment!

I was able to CC and KB the enemies in the mission so that was a great feeling, the way it should be :tongue:

Few performance related issues (which have been highlighted before), not sure why they are there though..maybe too much cybernetics in one place? :p

I am really liking this new arc, it seems PERFECT for my Tech toon Techna Ology. Cannot wait to play the whole thing!

Pros:

-The Voice Over for UNTIL and Cyberlord and Cybermind!!!!
    - Impressed to see Cybermind in the game finally!
    - The boss fight and interactions around the ship.
    - This mission is easily soloable, thank you so much for this.
    - The new costume unlocks and G reward.

Cons:

-The major performance issues in certain highly robotic areas of the ship, caused very high amounts of lag.
    - Elevator Bypasses and Master Controls, required going back to laggy areas in the ship to access them, kind of annoying due to lag.
    - Would be better if we were told to find the Master Override for the elevator before we got back to the elevator for a second time :wink:
    - I would also echo the sentiment of having marks on the map for the bypasses.
    - The Telepathy Powers: Mental Leech - Was not granting the correct amount of healing from Dependency on Cyberlord, I was getting 40 instead of 65. Also the DoTs didn't seem to ignore 30% of resistance like CoS advertises it should. The Mental Leech values seems to be Cyberlord specific, however the resistance penetration for DoTs from CoS seems to be lacking on LIVE also.

Suggestions:

- After the fight with Cyberlord, perhaps a cutscene or directions telling us to leave the ship using the small jet on the deck? It seems like a waste to have that mode of transport up there without making use of it after the fight. As you can exit the mission using the elevator.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On the flight deck, the mini jet had a few areas where you could see through it, like between the cockpit and intakes

That was really the only bug i came across in my first run. There were two other things i'd like to mention which were:

1) placement of enemies: they seemed a little to "just tossed in". It seemed like there were a lot of weak groups just standing around, would it be possible to have them roaming or running towards the entrance? it would be nice if there were more to them than just standing around.

2) Boss fight was a little weak: Not weak as in damage, but just uninteresting, there was no challenge. The defense was good, but it would be nice if he had a few different moves to do or something other than calling a robot. Over all the last fight didn't seem all that great. we kind of just stood there and shot at each other in the same spot the whole time.

I wouldn't mind getting a variant of that jet though if they can adjust the looks of it a little bit.
    edited July 2013

2) Boss fight was a little weak: Not weak as in damage, but just uninteresting, there was no challenge. The defense was good, but it would be nice if he had a few different moves to do or something other than calling a robot. Over all the last fight didn't seem all that great. we kind of just stood there and shot at each other in the same spot the whole time.

Really? Me and you had very different fights it seems xD

He shot rockets, micro munitions, chest beams, particle weaponry, punches and summons at me...maybe he just hates Telepaths >_>!

[Cybernetic Feet] Nice drop, I've put it on Mentella's other base costume for new drops...looks nice ^^

CostumeFE_zpsd44ff64a.png
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cybernetic feet FINALLY AUGH.

I've wanted those since I saw them. Mix the Sakura mecha armour feet and retro sci-fi lower leg but without the ridiculousness of the Sakura and without the Mega Man look of the sci-fi.

Gimme gimme gimme.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    Still no Fitting Passive for Laser Sword through (Don't forget only Electric Form Boost Particle Damage)

Quarry gives a half strength buff to all non-physical damage.

Unstoppable and Way of the Warrior give half strength buffs to non-physical melee damage (WotW's Bleed buff doesn't help Plasma Burns, of course).

Night Warrior buffs all damage equally (though that buff is smaller than Quarry's non-physical damage).

I'd love to see an Offensive Passive that works better with Laser Sword attacks, but until it happens, the above are all decent options.
    They seem nice, they really do, would love more interesting animations but that can come later after we address some issues..you know...like...

Your Unified Theory deals 67616 (70978) Particle Damage to Test Dummy.

Your Particle Smash deals 61405 (67546) Particle Damage to Test Dummy.

Seriously WUT?!

Results were gained using DEX/STR/INT, Electric Form Passive and Nemesis Gear. 112.8% severity rating.

As regards the damage, that is pretty damn high. Then again as a friend pointed out...how practical is it...well...8 second charge...not a lot bar Gravitar is going to be standing up long enough for that, and even if she does, she'll blow you away before you land a hit.

I would like to see a particle damage primary passive like an inverse of Electric Form in some ways, but Electric Form does the job as well as the other passives Flamingbunnyman posted.

Generally:

- Lacking in AoE, could be an issue?
    - Values, MAY need to be looked at. (Just because naysayers ruined Telepathy for me doesn't mean I am going to do the same to other people's favourite power sets.)

Aside from values it was nice to get to use these powers. Brings some ability to the laser sword mini set in PA, I'll be looking forward to making a laser sword themed toon soon!

EDIT: It does seem to take a lot of set up, then again, the values are still a bit high in my estimation, even for set up and charge.

I will say...if these values or similar ones go LIVE I will honestly wonder why Telepathy had to be nerfed so much during testing...

...who am I kidding the answer is because it is Telepathy...duh!!

EDIT: Updated post with new higher value for Unified.
    edited July 2013
    I don't have PTS installed, and I'm at work so I can't test this myself anyways. Could you run a quick test for me Ravenforce?

Str/Dex/Con with as much Crit Chance and Severity as possible, Night Warrior, Ego Surge+Nimble Mind.

Sneak is supposed to add 40% damage (is that flat, or does it scale?) to single target melee attacks, and anything but Shadow Strike should be able to crit from Sneak. With numbers like what you reported above, I wouldn't be surprised if the damage compares favorably to Shadow Strike.

Not sure such a setup is worth it, but I'm curious.
    using just Debugger Green Gear and the stats requested by FBM here are my three strikes

vs Level 40 Dummy on the basic range: Your Unified Theory deals 42271 Particle Damage to Test Dummy.

vs Level 20 Elite (it provides the dummies with some damage mitigation) without Ego Surge: Your Unified Theory deals 29748 (35698) Particle Damage to Test Dummy.

vs Level 20 Elite Dummy with Ego Surge: Your Unified Theory deals 35466 (42560) Particle Damage to Test Dummy.

now with better gear the damage will be higher, but this is just no mod Debugger gear...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Devs please... make a new Melee PASSIVE that Boost Particle Damage and take advantage of Plasma Burn & Unified Theory (also a new Toggle Form which would take advantage of those two like Mental Discipline does with Ego Leech would help)

Electric Form ruins the Characters' appearence and it's not the Best for Pure Melee
    it may be efficient but ruins concept wise and it's the ONLY passive in the Entire game that Boost Particle Damage

take advantage of revisting Laser Sword framework (which was incompleted from the start)
    also give new Weapon Skins for Laser swords
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2013
    I think the charge time and damage should both be reduced. Or a Tap should be allowed. Because with an 8s charge, it's potentially wasted even against Legendaries.

If a Tap is added, the buff should probably only apply on a full charge.
    I think the charge time and damage should both be reduced. Or a Tap should be allowed. Because with an 8s charge, it's potentially wasted even against Legendaries.

If a Tap is added, the buff should probably only apply on a full charge.

On tap definitely should be an option.

Recharge time and damage? Yeah, please reduce this, anything over Force Cascade level charge time is not going to be used at all.

At best these new powers could work on a Stealth/Night Warrior build with controlling capabilities, to hold someone in place for that long then fire off.

However I did note Unified Theory is mobile, that doesn't make up for anything just a note.

Buff that reduces charge time seems to work on lower levels/ranks of the power, but I will perhaps test that later.
    edited July 2013

Sneak is supposed to add 40% damage (is that flat, or does it scale?) to single target melee attacks, and anything but Shadow Strike should be able to crit from Sneak. With numbers like what you reported above, I wouldn't be surprised if the damage compares favorably to Shadow Strike.

Not sure such a setup is worth it, but I'm curious.

Sneak only affects certain powers with the sneak condition damage enhancement tag (totally made that up xD), so I wouldn't imagine the powers would benefit.

However the base damage of Unified for me was between 35-42k damage non crit;

- 30-32k base with no stacks of Accelerator and 8 stacks of FoTT (Electric Form Passive)

- 42-45k base damage with 15 stacks of accelerator and 8 stacks of FoTT (Electric Form Passive)

Highest I can recall hitting for with Shadow Strike is 18-21k damage (base since it doesn't crit)

So already these powers far exceed Shadow Strike. However I will combine them with Legions 7s and DEX/STR/INT to see what I can get damage wise..
    edited July 2013
    Just a thrown together suggestion for the passive:

Energy Warrior - You utilize energy in an unusual form, wielding energy weaponry to assault and attack your foes. You know how to attack your foes to do the most damage to them in the least number of strikes, making you a formidable foe.

+ Grants an increase to Melee Energy Damage*
    + Grants a small amount of damage resistance*
    + Reduces the charge time of Laser Sword powers by XX%*
    + Increases the efficacy of Plasma Burn by exactly half of the increase to Melee Energy Damage you receive.
    + If Laser Knight is active this now increases your melee damage by half the amount it reduces it by.

*All scales with superstats

[Double Strike] - Why have one blade when you can have two! You now wield Dual Laser Swords with this advantage. Advantage is purely cosmetic, does not impact damage in any way shape or form, similar to the Id Blades Advantage on ID Mastery Passive.

+ Zero Point Advantage on Energy Warrior
    + Purely Cosmetic
    + Allows for the dual wielding of Laser Swords
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "FATAL ERR0R: Carrier Wave" was really fun. Avoiding spoilers, it was a great addition to part 1.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited July 2013
    avianos wrote: »
    Devs please... make a new Melee PASSIVE that Boost Particle Damage and take advantage of Plasma Burn & Unified Theory (also a new Toggle Form which would take advantage of those two like Mental Discipline does with Ego Leech would help)

Electric Form ruins the Characters' appearence and it's not the Best for Pure Melee
    it may be efficient but ruins concept wise and it's the ONLY passive in the Entire game that Boost Particle Damage

take advantage of revisting Laser Sword framework (which was incompleted from the start)
    also give new Weapon Skins for Laser swords

1. I agree that the Laser Swords need a passive and toggle form of their own and have even made several suggestions to that end.

2. Electric Form isn't the ONLY offensive passive that boosts particle damage...its the ONLY one to do so DIRECTLY. As far as I know currently 100% of all the particle damage powers including the laser swords are in the Technology tree. And so all the non-melee particle damage attacks are boosted by Targeting Computer. and All the attacks including the particle ones are boosted by Quarry, Way of the Warrior, Unstoppable.

3. Like I said, I agree we need a melee passive for the laser swords. It should either work like the one suggestion I shared here already which is basically invert the physical and non physical damage boost from Unstoppable/Way of The Warrior. Or have one that boosts melee particle and plasma burn by X% and all other particle by Y% and provide a damage reduction that starts out equal to that of Unstoppable but increases based on the number of stacks of Accelerator and Unified Theory that are on you.
    edited July 2013

Energy Warrior - You utilize energy in an unusual form, wielding energy weaponry to assault and attack your foes. You know how to attack your foes to do the most damage to them in the least number of strikes, making you a formidable foe.

+ Increases the efficacy of Plasma Burn by exactly half of the increase to Melee Energy Damage you receive.
    + If Laser Knight is active this now increases your melee damage by half the amount it reduces it by.

I like this one. Plain and simple and meets the needs of the set quite well.
    edited July 2013
    Sneak only affects certain powers with the sneak condition damage enhancement tag (totally made that up xD), so I wouldn't imagine the powers would benefit.

Sneak adds special benefit to certain powers. It also adds bonus damage to all single target attacks while stealthed (40% melee, 20% ranged according to the wiki).
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    1. Particle Accelerator - Needs to be made into a wide cone AoE or at least have an advantage to turn it into one. It needs its range increased to at least 10 feet to bring it up to equal range as all other melee powers.

2. Particle Smasher - Possibly be renamed to Atom Smasher. It should apply 1 stack of Particle Burn per stack of Accelerator consumed to a max of 5 on target. Increase range to 10 feet.

3. Unified Theory - Possibly renamed to Obliterate since it uses the Annihilate animation. Should have tap damage as well as full charge damage otherwise its basically a melee range sniper rifle. its base charge time should be lowered by 5 seconds. Should have its range increased to 10 feet.

I would also like to ask as others have asked will the tailoring issue be resolved. The tailor is still flagging the Laser Sword as a Martial Arts melee weapon without actually changing the weapon skin during game play.

Particle Accelerator - As said above should be a cone attack, and stacks should form based on number of targets hit, so in one swoop of three targets, three stacks can be gained.

Particle Smasher - Rename to Particle Fission? Or just Fission? (Bringing out my physics lesson knowledge here :eek:) Since you are effectively splitting the accelerated particles for damage.

Haven't really got a rename for Unified Theory as of yet...it just sounds so funny IMO.

Superhero: STAND BACK CIVILIAN!!! THIS VILLAIN IS NO MATCH FOR MY UNIFIED THEORY!!! *imagine a hero with a monocle, a top hat and a suit* :biggrin:
    edited July 2013

[Double Strike] - Why have one blade when you can have two! You now wield Dual Laser Swords with this advantage. Advantage is purely cosmetic, does not impact damage in any way shape or form, similar to the Id Blades Advantage on ID Mastery Passive.

+ Zero Point Advantage on Energy Warrior
    + Purely Cosmetic
    + Allows for the dual wielding of Laser Swords
    I like this one. Plain and simple and meets the needs of the set quite well.

Yay! :biggrin:

I will say though...like buckeye mentioned before, this should be an opportunity to look at laser sword skins, as they are lacking, The Cybernetic Ninja Device has an excellent sword (Cyber Vibro Energy Sword or something) which players would like access to.

It would also be nice if the weapon skins for Martial Art variations worked with Laser Sword too.
    edited July 2013
    don't forget the Runeblade from the Cloak of Infinite planes device, Raven, its essentially the Laser Sword combo attack anyway without the particle burn mechanic behind it. So it should be included in the tailor options as well for the Laser Sword.

And the Nephilim's Fire Blade...its the one that the villain level mobs use it looks like the hilt from the Runeblade with a blade of fire instead...

These weapon models are already in the game...they just need to be made available for us as players to use.

Make the tailor's default weapon be the current Laser Sword. Then add the Cyber Katana, The Runeblade and The Nephilim Blade to the "free" weapons categories. I have ones that could be made available for purchase after they were made listed in my signature...labeled New Weapon Skins...

I did think of an advantage for your passive suggestion (and I know how they are loathe to do it) but a 0-point cosmetic advantage to allow the dual wielding of the laser swords...
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any way there can be some variety in the swords, maybe add that Cyberninja Katana to this and melee swords? Just saying, I like the powers but the sword just irks me.
    edited July 2013
    I did think of an advantage for your passive suggestion (and I know how they are loathe to do it) but a 0-point cosmetic advantage to allow the dual wielding of the laser swords...

Yes a dual version would be much appreciated, similar to ID Mastery Advantage. I'll add it in ^^
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Encounter notes:
    I think the robot assembly line and storage room should change a little.

For the assembly line I recommend that robots periodically spawn off of it and path towards the doorway to replace defeated robots.

For the storage room I suggest that shelves come alive and attack players while hiding the map object robots on that shelf.

These two should cause the handling of the switches to be more challenging.

Robots have Bureau 17 descriptions, is this intended?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think this would be a good opportunity to toss Single Blade and Laser Sword some maintained melee AOE like 100 Hands. Rapid slashes or stabs or something. Causes Bleed or Particle Burn after a half maintain!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kaizerin wrote: »
    New Laser Sword powers have the potential to be fun. Current values are set too damn high to make a proper judgement. Tone down the damage a few notches. We should not be seeing 70k+ spikes :)

No power standards exist. All DPS or Tanking (or worse, a mixture of both). Then trying to introduce an un-wanted/unnecessary mechanic of 8 second charge powers. No reverence for the combat mechanics that already exist in the game.
    These powers are also Gentleman Crush's work.

h9FF41A81