test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

raising your skill level through fusing- simple rules

jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Items and Crafting
  1. your skill type(arms, mysticism, and munitions ) must match the mod type in order to gain a skill point
  2. fusing rank 1 mods works up to skill level 200
  3. fusing rank 2 mods works up to skill level 300
  4. fusing rank 3 mods and higher works up to skill level 400
if you follow those guidelines you will gain 1 skill point every time you successfully fuse

i posted this because i found many were not aware of this
Post edited by jasinblaze on

Comments

• Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't you mean Arms, Mysticism, and Science?

Also as a tip when fusing the crafting type shown in the upper right hand corner of the mod's description being matching to your character's DOES seem to matter slightly. So use a mysticism character to fuse CON mods, a science character to fuse Gambler's, etc.

In other words, the % success chance GUI is showing it wrong (probably a bug, a broken bit of source code that works internally but doesn't show). I never really noticed this much when fusing low & mid rank mods, but high rank mods? Yeah, it definite seems to help (at least cuts down on the loss of Safeguards). This is a fairly recent change too, past month or two.
  • Options
    hoofart1hoofart1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Few observations I would like to share.

1. I chose Mysticism and was working just fine from lvl1 to 100. However when i hit 101 and kept lvling, i got about 95% Science mods and the rest is Mysticism. Is that working as intended?
    2. I do not receive any skill points from fusing lvl 1 mods, definitely not past 100. I am lvl 138 atm and the only skill point increase from fusion is if I use lvl 2 mods. Is that a bug or yet again: working as planned?

And a question: would I be able to raise my skill to 400 just with mining nodes or I have to get into fusing after a while?
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I mostly increase skill level by farming nodes and by using skill up kits.

My toons always hit 100 skill before level 25, and are usually at 200 skill before level 30. The last 200 skill points are tougher to get, unless you have mysticism.

Monster Island has tier 4 mysticism nodes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.