test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Resistance Lore Question

kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
Since everyone else had a Multifarian counterpart, I'm still not sure about something...

Was there a REAL Doctor Defender who was killed by Shadow Destroyer (or Doctor Destroyer) or was Doctor Destroyer pulling a really long con there?
Post edited by kaosarcanna on

Comments

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe we get an answer when Cryptic continues the Multifaria saga.
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you look at the big computer screen in the room just after you enter Multifara, along the bottom it lists the "heros" of that world and their status.

There is a "Dr. Defender" who looks similar to our Dr. D when he's out of his suit. His status is "Eliminated".
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    If you look at the big computer screen in the room just after you enter Multifara, along the bottom it lists the "heros" of that world and their status.

There is a "Dr. Defender" who looks similar to our Dr. D when he's out of his suit. His status is "Eliminated".

I knew about the screen but I couldn't remmber what Dr. Defender's status was.

It was kind of a nice twist to learn that the "Old Man" wasn't Dr. Defender when we rescued him as I was expecting to be fighting besides a heroic counterpart to Dr. Destroyer. :biggrin:

I only got to see the end of Resistance last night, so I wasn't sure if there had been a true Dr. Defender or if it had been Destroyer all along.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fun Fact- in the original Champs' Lore, Multifaria is not a 'flipside' universe where the good guys are bad. It's where historical events and people are occurring in a different order.

For example, in Multifaria- the Beatles would be performing for Abraham Lincoln. Joan of Arc would be retiring from Superheroics to become a Women's Rights Activist. And Defender would have been a knight who fought during the Crusades.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its most important lore is its music was taken form a Mexican soap. Ask Brou he uncovered this disturbing fact O__o

http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/1987/resistance-music-mexican-soap
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Champions Universe has a true mirror-image good-to-evil alternate universe, known as Left-Handed Earth.

The Multifarian receives some description in PnP book entries dealing with Shadow Destroyer, as well as the Book Of The Empress for Istavatha V'han, which also deals with the Multiverse in general. In those books the Multifarian is as cybersoldier1981 outlines in. Counterparts to real-world and CU characters in the Multifarian may differ from them greatly, be very similar, or something in between.