test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO has no emotion.

13»

Comments

• jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know what would get more cash out of my pocket? Another set of purchasable emotes for Roleplaying purposes.

/signed

#FacepalmEmoteNOW
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • impiamimpiam Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ban.gif
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1,000 emotes only $99 or 10,000 emotes for $199
    I grabbed a deal like that years ago, had an amazing time with my game engine just
    converting their format to mine and watching my low-polygon people collection come alive.

Animstreet would be a good way to tell the devs what we want so they don't give us something we don't want.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What the hell happened to this thread? It's like it got hit by a cosmic ray from 4chan or something.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What the hell happened to this thread? It's like it got hit by a cosmic ray from 4chan or something.

PvP section sprung a leak.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It seems when you are banned from the game, they neglect to remove forum access.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone who quits the game because of nonexistent PvP is a silly person.

As is anyone who quits the game because of one bugged powerset.

Or not enough challenge.

Because in the end it's only a world of pixels.

Different things are important for different people.

Now imagine that large part of the playerbase logins only for RP, considering CO overall playability, especially for long time players.

And they have to do it without ;SitChair. Or any other animation needed, depends which one.

After all, graphics are important, this isn't text based game. Small things will add, with enough of them player has simply no need to login.

Do CO can afford even less players?

In the end emotes are simply one more game system not available.

I can't help but notice... everything started going to hell when On Alert came and PWE took over.

I can't see that as being coincidental.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013

...you've never actually been to 4chan have you?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    On a scale of 1 to /b/, this was maybe an SA.
    edited July 2013

Ironic choice of words, since most of the stuff /b/ takes credit for (such as furry-bashing) was started by SA before them.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ironic choice of words, since most of the stuff /b/ takes credit for (such as furry-bashing) was started by SA before them.

Relevancy where?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

...you've never actually been to 4chan have you?

Actually... I have. Frequently enough to know that trailturtle broke Rules 1 and 2.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This was hardly SA. We didn't have a guy saying "if the CO devs had a gun this wouldn't have happened" that spiraled down into gun control debates yet!

No, I am not going to be the first to say it.
    edited July 2013
    If the CO devs had 2 guns, and some mojo to go with em...

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Actually... I have. Frequently enough to know that trailturtle broke Rules 1 and 2.

Heh, well played.
  • kingironwolf69kingironwolf69 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heh, well played.

back to the matter at hand of banning people for 'excessive' emoting with 0 evidence of them actually crashing zones
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Do CO can afford even less players?.....

in a word, YES

becasue there are those idiots who are shelling out loads of cash for keys in hope of getting a good item..... which has pretty low odds in getting.... hence more key sales.

PWE will milk it for awhile....
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    in a word, YES

becasue there are those idiots who are shelling out loads of cash for keys in hope of getting a good item..... which has pretty low odds in getting.... hence more key sales.

You sound like someone who is bitter that he or she has not gotten said rare item.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited July 2013
    in a word, YES

True dat. I kind of get the feeling that those keys cause a sort of compulsion to keep going the way real gambling does. Once you've bought 500 keys trying to get an item, you feel kinda dumb if you just "cash out" now and stop playing, because that next lock box could be the one!

20% of the players buy 80% of the lockbox keys! The other 80% of the players are just revolving-dooring through to make sure that 20% doesn't think the game is a ghost town.
    bwdares wrote: »
    You sound like someone who is bitter that he or she has not gotten said rare item.

They sound to me like someone clever enough to never have started farming for said rare item to begin with.

• slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013

the only thing ironic here is that neither one of those sites have actually created anything to take credit for. Unless finding pictures from other sources and posting them in one place now constitutes creation. It also strikes me as odd to give an entire community credit for the creation of a meme (or whatever) rather than the individual who ostensibly made it. I mean, the people actually contributing "original" (and i use word original very loosely, because I'm not sure how original captioning pictures of popular culture actually is) memes/pictures have to be a tiny fraction of the overall userbase.

Really this attitude just strikes me as people trying to ride the coat tails of other peoples' accomplishments (and again, using the word accomplishment loosely here because i'm not sure how much of an accomplishment captioning a picture actually is). About the only thing Something Awful and the /b/'s can take credit for is being really obnoxious and entirely too self indulgent and quick to promote the trends they supposedly set.
    edited July 2013
    And yet here we are watching PWE/Cryptic just ban players for life from all their games because they were 'excessively' emoting. They did not even know the cause of the zone crashing, and essentially turned on the people who actually reported it to them and showed them EXACTLY how it was being done. All stemming from a bug that has existed since BETA, was reported on and never addressed. The most ironic part is the emotes they are offering for zen purchases were already in the game and removed on release or a short time after.
    edited July 2013
    Pour out a little brew for the dead homies....
    edited July 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    the only thing ironic here is that neither one of those sites have actually created anything to take credit for. Unless finding pictures from other sources and posting them in one place now constitutes creation. It also strikes me as odd to give an entire community credit for the creation of a meme (or whatever) rather than the individual who ostensibly made it. I mean, the people actually contributing "original" (and i use word original very loosely, because I'm not sure how original captioning pictures of popular culture actually is) memes/pictures have to be a tiny fraction of the overall userbase.

Really this attitude just strikes me as people trying to ride the coat tails of other peoples' accomplishments (and again, using the word accomplishment loosely here because i'm not sure how much of an accomplishment captioning a picture actually is). About the only thing Something Awful and the /b/'s can take credit for is being really obnoxious and entirely too self indulgent and quick to promote the trends they supposedly set.

Considering some things, like 4chan's Anonymous-by-default post methods, and the fact memes more-or-less create themselves, in the sense that one cannot "force" something to be a meme but instead it is the treatment of it in the community that makes something a meme, it is effectively impossible to credit a specific individual with "creating" a meme.
    edited July 2013
    emotes work fine for me .....
    emotes work fine for me .....

That's because the thread you're posting in is outdated.

The issue was fixed 11 days ago.
    edited August 2013
    cept now the fact is they banned people for 'excessive' emoting and those people weren't crashing zones

they banned the people who told them what was crashing the zones

and the list goes on with how badly they handled the situation concerning emotes
    edited August 2013
    cept now the fact is they banned people for 'excessive' emoting and those people weren't crashing zones

they banned the people who told them what was crashing the zones

and the list goes on with how badly they handled the situation concerning emotes

got any proof of that?
    got any proof of that?

Sure do, and PWE/CRYPTIC have it too, but they keep deleting my posts about it

This is my 2nd attempt to reply to you about it
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /e shock
    /e cry
    /e evillaugh
    /e dance_shakehips
    edited August 2013

so in other words....you don't.

Maybe because posting about it's against the forums ToS:

Posting Private Correspondence
    You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=90&a=111

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2013
    got any proof of that?

Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg

edited August 2013
    a cute chimp photo is the proof ?
    a cute chimp photo is the proof ?

yes.jpg

Or maybe Smoochan was referring to see, hear, say no evil. I'm 50/50 on this one.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2013
    so in other words....you don't.

actually I do, send me a pm in game for the links - can't post them here - see below

TT QQ and all that
    edited August 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Maybe because posting about it's against the forums ToS:

Posting Private Correspondence
    You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=90&a=111

At this point I could care less, because the actions by PWE/Cryptic go beyond incompetence. Their fledgling population problems are just getting worse because of the way they handle their problems. Banning innocent people is absolutely absurd. Banning the people who actually helped you resolve the issue is a slap to the face of the entire community. No one is going to want to help in the future after the latest fiasco. Saddest part is the people who were crashing the zones over and over again are still able to play.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At this point I could care less, because the actions by PWE/Cryptic go beyond incompetence. Their fledgling population problems are just getting worse because of the way they handle their problems. Banning innocent people is absolutely absurd. Banning the people who actually helped you resolve the issue is a slap to the face of the entire community. No one is going to want to help in the future after the latest fiasco. Saddest part is the people who were crashing the zones over and over again are still able to play.

Yeah, but breaking the forum rules is not going to help you make a point, is it?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited August 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Yeah, but breaking the forum rules is not going to help you make a point, is it?

Tried to play it their way, got nowhere.

This is the only recourse.