test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your game is not worth $14.99 a month.

alterbee#8429 alterbee Posts: 15 Arc User
How do you justify this price? WoW has the same monthly price and actually adds content to it's game, GW2 has NO SUBS and adds more content to it's game than CO.

The only content seems to get is more micro-transaction nonsense. You want me to pay $14.99 a month, and then spend EVEN more on getting keys to unlock the stuff i pick up?

What a joke.
Post edited by alterbee#8429 on

Comments

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How do you justify this price? WoW has the same monthly price and actually adds content to it's game, GW2 has NO SUBS and adds more content to it's game than CO.

The only content seems to get is more micro-transaction nonsense. You want me to pay $14.99 a month, and then spend EVEN more on getting keys to unlock the stuff i pick up?

What a joke.

OK- for one, Microtransactions are where a LOT of games are going. Free-To-Play is actually a pretty lucrative MMO business for those that can't deliver on the level of WoW. Personally, I don't see how people pay for WoW.

Customization and RP bring a lot of people here.

But, yeah- a lot of people feel your frustration. Good thing is, you don't have to spend a dime to have fun on this game.
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What a joke.

There's also the option to not pay a cent. Game's still playable, either way. :o

Otherwise, I'd justify it with $100+ worth of Z-store items, a 500 ZEN stipend, 8 character, slots plus 1 for every Gold character you have that reaches level 40 and freeform characters. Heck, that's why I subscribed. X3

But look, they're adding stuff now (Some of FATAL ERR0R going to be permanent, so I hear)! I'd rather a few temporary events than nothing at all. I see them as "Special Issues/Episodes." Of course, I'm a glass half-full kinda guy, so...
    Champions: @ace112233
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get game cards and you can pay half that.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • alterbee#8429 alterbee Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Get game cards and you can pay half that.

Can you recommend a site, then? Everywhere seems to just deliver and the shipping fee's make it even more expensive.
    edited July 2013
    Amazon... $12 for 60 days. With reasonable shipping speed or bundling with something, should be pretty decent.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What does your $15/mo get you in CO?

*Extra costume parts
    *Extra free travel powers
    *Six extra character slots, for a total of 8
    *An additional character slot every time you reach lvl 40
    *500 Zen (a $5 value) every month
    *Access to the Public Test Server
    *Access to Freeform for every character
    *Access to all Archetypes, if you don't feel like designing a Freeform
    *Veteran Benefits every 100 days, up to 1000.

What does your $15/mo get you in WoW?

*Access to the game
    *And nothing else.

That really sounds like a better value to you??
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2013
    I think if you compare WoW's free accounts vs. subscribed... the benefits are rather greater.

(Not that I'd play WoW if I was paid, but come on)

edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I think if you compare WoW's free accounts vs. subscribed... the benefits are rather greater.

(Not that I'd play WoW if I was paid, but come on)
    Well, yes, given that WoW's so-called "F2P" stops at level 20, just as you're about to be allowed to ride a stinking horse.

That was another thing I appreciated about CO - I got a travel power the moment I got out of the tutorial, instead of having to schlep around the countryside at a jog like a schmuck until I'd killed enough critters to be judged worthy of a ride.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited July 2013
    Yeah, very liberating!

That was one thing I found annoying about City of Heroes -- I'm a super, dammit, I shouldn't have to take the bus to a crime scene!

edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    What does your $15/mo get you in CO?

*Extra costume parts
    *Extra free travel powers
    *Six extra character slots, for a total of 8
    *An additional character slot every time you reach lvl 40
    *500 Zen (a $5 value) every month
    *Access to the Public Test Server
    *Access to Freeform for every character
    *Access to all Archetypes, if you don't feel like designing a Freeform
    *Veteran Benefits every 100 days, up to 1000.

What does your $15/mo get you in WoW?

*Access to the game
    *And nothing else.

That really sounds like a better value to you??

I could go to KFC and get a bucket meal for about $10 which can feed 3-4 people, whereas a restaurant selling better food would charge me $15 for a meal just for 1 person.

EDIT: Apparently Cryptic / PWE have no idea what a british pound is and replaced the symbol with a question mark, so i've changed the values to dollars.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I already paid over 1000$ including LTS.
    1000$/36month=28$
    28$ a month... Hmm
    troll-troll-crazy-insane-l.png
    edited July 2013
    I could go to KFC and get a bucket meal for about $10 which can feed 3-4 people, whereas a restaurant selling better food would charge me $15 for a meal just for 1 person.

EDIT: Apparently Cryptic / PWE have no idea what a british pound is and replaced the symbol with a question mark, so i've changed the values to dollars.
    Yeah, problem there is that WoW isn't "a better restaurant". WoW is McDonald's after they trimmed their menu. Except that the other customers have a tendency to shout obscenities across the dining area, and there's people wandering around trying to sell you gift certificates if you'll just give them your credit-card info.

edited July 2013
    Yeah, problem there is that WoW isn't "a better restaurant". WoW is McDonald's after they trimmed their menu. Except that the other customers have a tendency to shout obscenities across the dining area, and there's people wandering around trying to sell you gift certificates if you'll just give them your credit-card info.

Yeah, it's popular to hate WoW (i find it boring now too so w/e). But compared to CO? WoW is a 3 Michelin Star restaurant lol
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, well, they don't charge $14.99/month to play it so I'm not really seeing where you are coming from
  • hobokenboyhobokenboy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *snip* Never mind.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's like you didn't even bother to read the valid points that Jon raised as a comparison to WoW.

Even without paying a single cent you're allowed to experience CO's full game content and can get to max level. Paying for a $15/month subscription entitles you to added features plus access to the freeform system. WoW doesn't allow that. You either pay for that subscription or LOL you're stuck at level 20. Even if you do pay you're still stuck with playing the same standard fixed classes. Does WoW have freeform like CO has? Nope.

If you're still holding the opinion that WoW is superior in every aspect enough to use it as a benchmark (that benchmark has long been passed over to other games, and WoW didn't create that benchmark by the way), the exit is that way.

I'm not one to jump on the WoW-hate bandwagon, but when I see people praise it like it's God's gift to MMORPGs, I have to facepalm.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meh. It's not like any of you got banned from Neverwinter's forums for calling the game company "Craptic" and not "Cryptic".

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not worth $14.99.

It's worth $299.99.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2013
    It's not worth $14.99.

It's worth $299.99.

But it doesn't finish $299.99. It's a start not a goal.
    i-aint-even-mad.jpg
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it's popular to hate WoW (i find it boring now too so w/e). But compared to CO? WoW is a 3 Michelin Star restaurant lol

I do not hate WoW. I am glad that some people enjoy it.

That said...

Ability to play a superhero: Co = yes WoW = no

WoW seems to fall short compared to CO.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    WoW seems to fall short compared to CO.

WoW = 8 million players, with hundreds of thousands a night across dozens of servers, with constant updates for balance and bugfixes, and now about to finish its fourth expansion, still going strong after nearly a decade of operation, with some of the best customer service in the business, with their real-money store selling cosmetic-only items with no gambling.

CO = Lucky to get one full server a night, its last "update" gave it more bugs than it already had, balance is nonexistent, and has zero expansions despite multiple requests for them, on shaky-at-best ground since going free-to-play and changing owners about a year ago, the real-money store involves buying entire part of the game and tons of gambling, and it's like pulling teeth to get devs to talk about anything other than lockboxes.

Now, what was that about WoW "falling short"?
    edited July 2013
    it's Not Worth $14.99.

It's Worth $299.99.

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    edited July 2013
    WoW = 8 million players, with hundreds of thousands a night across dozens of servers, with constant updates for balance and bugfixes, and now about to finish its fourth expansion, still going strong after nearly a decade of operation, with some of the best customer service in the business, with their real-money store selling cosmetic-only items with no gambling.

CO = Lucky to get one full server a night, its last "update" gave it more bugs than it already had, balance is nonexistent, and has zero expansions despite multiple requests for them, on shaky-at-best ground since going free-to-play and changing owners about a year ago, the real-money store involves buying entire part of the game and tons of gambling, and it's like pulling teeth to get devs to talk about anything other than lockboxes.

Now, what was that about WoW "falling short"?

Can you play a superhero in wow ?

If not, it falls short.

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    whitevoidkh crabs:

What a joke.

WoW is not superheroes. CO is. That alone makes it worth $14.99/month to me.

EDIT: Coke to ashensnow
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • illuminia87illuminia87 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know, I could go on for hours, hours, on how completely garbage WoW is, or how terrible every other superhero MMO on the market is.

Then I released I cant be bothered, no amount of ranting or explaining the flaws and whatnot about whatever is going to change your mind. My rants and raving aren't going to suddenly trigger some sort of epiphany, no ray of enlightenment is going to shine down from the sky, showing you down the path of my ideals.

So what I will say is this; Don't think the game is worth the $14.99. Thats nice, but thats just your opinion. I think CO is the best MMO right now, despite its flaws. it's why I play it, but thats also my opinion.

So have a nice day sir.
    edited July 2013
    Well, if sheer numbers are what's important, let's revisit your earlier comparison, shall we?

KFC's website states that they serve more than 12 million customers per year. (source)

Very few high-end restaurants are willing to share these figures with the public, but I can't imagine that, say, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse serves anywhere near that many people, particularly given the difference in number of outlets (375 Ruth's Chris steakhouses versus some 14,000 worldwide KFCs).

Therefore, KFC must be a better restaurant than Ruth's Chris, yes?

edited July 2013
    Ah I think I paid much more then $14.99/month for this.
    street-fighter-2-20.jpg
    We never counted Quarter (or 50 Japanese Yen coin) to waist. :3

No, waste. Dx
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me yes it is. I played WoW for a long time and it was fun while I did. However it's not ideal for me anymore.

Champions allows me to create any character I want, to fully customize their looks AND powers, to separate myself from the crowd. I can also RP with others in a world of our imagination. I compete in contests that encourage such creativity. And the best part for me is that it's a casual setting.

No more raiding, no more farming endlessly to gather materials for raiding, I can go after perks and drops and resources when I want to and not feel like I'm stuck to a particular schedule.

So if I'm going to pick between the two, I'll pick Champs every time.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    street-fighter-2-20.jpg

No, waste. Dx

I used to drop $5 a week or more into those quarter-gobblers. That's $20/month, and I was only allowed to play as long as I kept feeding it.

If I bought one new game a month, that would be $30-60 per month. Many people buy 3-6 new games a month. Even if you dig through a discount bin or go to a second hand store, you're likely to pay $15-20 for any game worth playing.

My LTS, purchased in February, has already cost me less than one new game per month since that purchase was made.

If you don't enjoy Champions, then no, it isn't worth $15/month nor the LTS fee. But if you do like it, both are far more economically sound choices than a lot of other entertainment choices out there.
    monaahiru wrote: »
    street-fighter-2-20.jpg

No, waste. Dx
    heh i put a good bit into that, but to really feel bad, think of what i put in gauntlet and xenophobe. my friends and i would meet at the arcade and run in teams. in a way it was a precursor to the mmo teaming experience, except yellow wizard and mr.ezzzz never had any heals/buffs.
    edited July 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    heh i put a good bit into that, but to really feel bad, think of what i put in gauntlet and xenophobe. my friends and i would meet at the arcade and run in teams. in a way it was a precursor to the mmo teaming experience, except yellow wizard and mr.ezzzz never had any heals/buffs.
    Oh lord, Gauntlet...

"Wizard shot the food. Warrior is about to die."

edited July 2013
    cabinet.png
    senjou_rev3.jpg
    kizuna_rev306.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPhTVynWFQ
    This Gundam arcade game, eats 500 Japanese Yen each match(It's about 10min).
    500 Japanese Yen are similar as 5US$.
    If you do this 2hour , it eats 60US$.
    I was Zeon's General of West-Shinjyuku amusement arcade and I spend over 10,000US$ for keeping 1st place. Ah how cheap LTS. I got terrible strained back and went hospital at last.
    edited July 2013
    I spent all of my money on this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defender_(video_game)

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh lord, Gauntlet...

"Wizard shot the food. Warrior is about to die."

elf need food badly...

I got it on Nintendo and we had the four player console adaptor. :biggrin:

Rune- scape has been running longer than WOW , has more players, adds content, charges subs or you can play free,

-WOW has expansions,you have to BUY each of the expansions,
    limits what you can do on a free acct- even if you buy the expansions, you can't use them because you can't get past level 20,
    classes are limited and after they changed the spec trees , REALLY limited.
    High level of elitist jerks, cookie cutter builds and gear,
    spawn campers in low level areas to get easy kills on new characters
    people organising raids on towns in order to completely disrupt everyones play by killing all the NPC's,

gear grind end game, ....

now why did I quit WOW, all of the above.
    A lot of players who are arseholes is not a selling point for a game
    A game which is limited by how much you pay, is not a selling point
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bucky-OHare-001.jpg

Geez did I waste a good amount of my dad's money playing this.
    edited July 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Even without paying a single cent you're allowed to experience CO's full game content and can get to max level. Paying for a $15/month subscription entitles you to added features plus access to the freeform system. WoW doesn't allow that. You either pay for that subscription or LOL you're stuck at level 20. Even if you do pay you're still stuck with playing the same standard fixed classes. Does WoW have freeform like CO has? Nope.

That customization thing has spoiled me. I started playing Allods, a blatant WoW clone with two of the coolest races I've ever seen- The Arisen (Think WH40K Necrons + Undead) and the Gibberlings (little fuzzy critters that come in threes- so you play as three of them as 'one character'). I'm sitting there at the character creation screen, building my Arisen- and I'm like, "Really? Why the HELL can't I be a melee class? Why do I HAVE to use magic?"
    If you're still holding the opinion that WoW is superior in every aspect enough to use it as a benchmark (that benchmark has long been passed over to other games, and WoW didn't create that benchmark by the way), the exit is that way.

I'm not one to jump on the WoW-hate bandwagon, but when I see people praise it like it's God's gift to MMORPGs, I have to facepalm.

Of note, WoW didn't innovate anything, it simply took Everquest's playstyle and merged it into a more friendly type, and added an existing IP that already had a huge following.
    edited July 2013
    Allods is neat. The artistic design of the two factions is just... jaw-dropping amazing, particularly as it draws from an eastern European flavor you don't see in MMOs -- one side has a medieval eastern european look, with pictures of saints on big architecture and small villages.
    The empire (or whatever they are) -- look like 1920s eastern Europe. Seriously -- you have town guard dressed like police, semi-modern architecture, and inside some of the government buildings there's the green lampshades over desks filled with forms and maps.

The f2p screws are annoying in that game, though, and the actual gameplay is slightly lacking. But it's worth playing for free for a bit -- there are some really clever ideas in there.

Also they manage to make orc women look strong and tough and still sexy in a non-cheesy way.

• towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bucky-OHare-001.jpg

Geez did I waste a good amount of my dad's money playing this.

I must have thrown about half of my allowance into the Bucky O'Hare game back then. Good times.

To the subject at hand. If this were three years ago, I'd have been more worried about this sort of negative feedback as things were subscription-driven during that time. Nowadays not so much. If you don't feel the game is worth the sub price then you simply don't pay for a sub. This is still a really decent game without the bells, whistles and frilly lace you'd get from a sub.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 2013
    WoW really innovated when it came out by doing countless QoL and sensible re-imaginings of EQ.

Quest-givers were a LOT more coherent and clear. I found that a huge benefit over EQ, where I'd have to do hunt and peck, have no quest log, and generally be confused if I was doing anything beyond wandering around killing stuff. As someone unwilling to devote a lot of RL energy to keeping exhaustive notes, it was a godsend.

Rest XP and the whole notion of appealing to people who didn't enslave themselves to a game.

Instances rather than 'log on in shifts to guard the spawn point of Bla, rage at kill stealers.'

Minimal loss due to death, unlike EQ's 'oh great, I lost a level, now I have to resort my spellbook ... what can I cast now? Ok, now I have to prep all those spells. Where's my body...'

There's more, but WoW really blew the doors off MMO assumptions and established that there was a desire for more casual gameplay out there that many MMOs pretty much told to eff off.

Mind you, that was 9 years ago. WoW NOW isn't particularly innovative, although in a number of ways (like pvp) 'better' games have bigger crippling problems (like Warhammer Online).

So, WoW may not be best in any one category, it manages to get a solid B across the board unlike almost any other game.

CO has way better customization, by orders of magnitude.
    CO has way worse balance, content, dev communication, and development overall.

So, wrt superheroes, it's like burgers vs. pasta.
    Do you eat at the burger joint that has loads of varieties in burgers, including some stuff you've seen nowhere else (tofu burger with chipotle!). They even have a bunch of other sandwiches, like paninis.
    But everything is a little stale, half the place has been 'under construction' for years, the service is terrible (when you even get served), it has a drive-through but it's always 'out of order' somehow, and the seats are amazingly uncomfortable.

Or do you eat at the somewhat bland pasta place, which has an admittedly good variety of food -- so long as you like pasta. The pasta isn't bad, but it's not great.
    Lots of sauces, clearly inspired by other, better restaurants. But service is snappy, the place is clean and well-laid out, the drive-through is excellent, and it's a comfortable, pleasant place to eat, if you can ignore the teenagers constantly screaming and laughing and making inappropriate comments around you.

No, I don't have an obvious answer.
    Maybe you really really like burgers and are tired of pasta, maybe the idea of the burger place is so thrilling even if the execution is frustrating. Maybe you like the folks that eat there better, and don't care about drive-through.
    Maybe you like burgers and pasta and your mood changes, depending.
    Maybe you're inclined to thumb your nose at the burger place for running a terrible business.

I don't fault people for their different tastes.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013

What a joke.

Go choke on a boat.

shirt_ninjabot_imonaboat_MED.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    PWE is making a killing on keys.... becasue idiots are buying them, and when they get the usual useless crap...they buy again...and again....

people are foolish and easily manipulated idiots who fall for the gamble ..... and PWE is banking on that.

the percentages of getting good items is very very very low.... therfore the foolish idiots will pay over and over and over again ..... its been proven by the number of keys sold.
    What I hate most about lockboxes is that they prey on folks with poor impulse control.

That doesn't include me, but I hate to be part of a hobby and game that can suck in and destroy lives.

At least with the rest of it, someone might go nuts buying costumes or whatever, but there isn't the same toxic element as gambling.

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    PWE is making a killing on keys.... becasue idiots are buying them, and when they get the usual useless crap...they buy again...and again....

people are foolish and easily manipulated idiots who fall for the gamble ..... and PWE is banking on that.

the percentages of getting good items is very very very low.... therfore the foolish idiots will pay over and over and over again ..... its been proven by the number of keys sold.

Its not a gamble for me. I get something I want everytime I open the current lockboxes.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • kuramabingyikuramabingyi Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find it easier to justify if I can find a stable roleplaying group that would get me interested in the game, but if new players aren't here to roleplay, then I'm sure many would agree. There just isn't enough to do in the game to keep players in.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You think $15 is expensive for the game. I sold an old copy of the disc in my shop for $30 bucks the other day.

GREAT SUCCESS \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    You think $15 is expensive for the game. I sold an old copy of the disc in my shop for $30 bucks the other day.

GREAT SUCCESS \o/

I think $540 - $720 dollars is expensive for the game. Somewhere in there is how much it would have cost me had I been subscribed since I started playing.

When I think of all the stuff I would have gotten during that time had I been subscribed... I have trouble picturing what I actually would have been spending the money on.

Sometimes I think this game should just give up on subscriptions entirely, and instead start leasing out in game space to real world companies as ad space. I mean hey, there's dumb little forum websites that hardly see 500 users a day who have commercials... why not CO?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Sometimes I think this game should just give up on subscriptions entirely, and instead start leasing out in game space to real world companies as ad space. I mean hey, there's dumb little forum websites that hardly see 500 users a day who have commercials... why not CO?

Oh boy... watch all the people who are outright OFFENDED by advertizements come out of the woodwork.

It's been brought up before, and it didn't go well at all. "I SEE ENOUGH ADS ON THE FREEWAY, KEEP THEM OUT OF MY GAME!"

I've always been for them. I mean, really, "Got toxic waste?" wasn't funny the first time, and four years later... it's still not. Put those billboards to use, man!
    That customization thing has spoiled me. I started playing Allods, a blatant WoW clone with two of the coolest races I've ever seen- The Arisen (Think WH40K Necrons + Undead) and the Gibberlings (little fuzzy critters that come in threes- so you play as three of them as 'one character'). I'm sitting there at the character creation screen, building my Arisen- and I'm like, "Really? Why the HELL can't I be a melee class? Why do I HAVE to use magic?"

Not directly related, but, I started playing TERA out of boredom the other day. I'm only like 10 levels in, but I sat back and asked myself why am I playing this? What's the purpose of TERA? It does nothing new, nothing different, nothing extremely fun or exciting. It does have some kinda-neat graphics... but what's the point of playing that over the other MMO? The story, the lands you visit? That's not enough. For me, anyway.

Champs does something different, but it's a shame it's being forgotten and left in the dust.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Not directly related, but, I started playing TERA out of boredom the other day. I'm only like 10 levels in, but I sat back and asked myself why am I playing this? What's the purpose of TERA? It does nothing new, nothing different, nothing extremely fun or exciting. It does have some kinda-neat graphics... but what's the point of playing that over the other MMO? The story, the lands you visit? That's not enough. For me, anyway.

Champs does something different, but it's a shame it's being forgotten and left in the dust.

Give this Allods game a try. I got to level 15 with one character, I'm trying a different type today. Call me crazy, but when I see very few people with the same class as I am, I get a little worried I may have made a bad choice...
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Give this Allods game a try. I got to level 15 with one character, I'm trying a different type today. Call me crazy, but when I see very few people with the same class as I am, I get a little worried I may have made a bad choice...

I actually tried it a couple years ago, might have been when it first came out, not sure.

I thought the art style was great, reminiscent of WoW. But, like TERA, is it going to be anything different? Is it a free WoW? What's it do that's new and exciting?
    biffsig.jpg
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually tried it a couple years ago, might have been when it first came out, not sure.

I thought the art style was great, reminiscent of WoW. But, like TERA, is it going to be anything different? Is it a free WoW? What's it do that's new and exciting?

Its a Free Wow that goes above level 20 :tongue: but seriously I don't know I've never played it :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.