test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where did the Lit Challenges go?

takeshi6takeshi6 Posts: 637 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
Hello!! :smile:

I am seriously wondering where the Lit Challenges went. Going through the Index, it seems like the last of the Lit Challenges was last year, while over in the STO Forums, the Lit Challenges are still going strong, and are even on Challenge #46. :eek:

What happened to the Lit Challenges over here? And is there any chance of being able to get them back up and running? :biggrin: :cool:
76561198160276582.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, the LCs are traditionally run by the Community Manager - when we lost the one before TrailTurtle, they dried up. Someone tried to start a user-based version, but it just didn't catch on.

How about it, TT? Toss us a topic, give us a week or two, and see what happens? Branflakes seems to be doing pretty well with the LCs on the STO forums...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, the LCs are traditionally run by the Community Manager - when we lost the one before TrailTurtle, they dried up. Someone tried to start a user-based version, but it just didn't catch on.

How about it, TT? Toss us a topic, give us a week or two, and see what happens? Branflakes seems to be doing pretty well with the LCs on the STO forums...

Having seen many of those challenges, and even participated in a few, I'm inclined to agree. :smile: :cool:

So, do you think you'd be up for doing this, TrailTurtle? And is anyone else interested in a return of the Lit Challenges?
    76561198160276582.png
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    Huhhhhh. I'm kinda tempted to try this, and write a little something of my own. I'll need to kick this around in my head, but I would need to see how many people are interested.
    edited July 2013
    Huhhhhh. I'm kinda tempted to try this, and write a little something of my own. I'll need to kick this around in my head, but I would need to see how many people are interested.

Sounds good to me. :smile:

Come on, everyone!! Please post here if you want to see a return of the Lit Challenges... unless someone wants to create another thread for that purpose. :cool:
    76561198160276582.png
    edited July 2013
    Well, I had fun with them (the stories in that archived list involving Happifun, Meteor, and Jon were mine), and I'd certainly welcome a return.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess I've missed out on them in the past, care to enlighten me about the challenges?
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited July 2013
    In a Literary Challenge, our friendly neighborhood CM tosses out a line or two outlining a story concept, and we have usually one or two weeks to write a story around that.

Here is a link to the previous LCs in CO.

Here is a link to the last 45 LCs in STO (LC #46, Risan Getaway, is still going on).

• jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh wow! This seems like fun!! I'd definitely be interested in something like this! Dunno if I could partake in all the topics, but certainly something different from the norm ^.^
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited July 2013
    Okay, so counting me and Jonsills, that's three votes for a return of the Lit Challenges.

Come on, people, don't be shy!! The more support we get, the better chance TrailTurtle has of bringing them back!! :cool:
    76561198160276582.png
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Here is a link to the previous LCs in CO.

That thread is just a pile of links to threads on the old forums. They're all broken. :/
    That thread is just a pile of links to threads on the old forums. They're all broken. :/
    Huh. When I click on them, I get the stories associated with them. Well, there was another post somewhere (possibly on the first page of this thread) that had a link to all the LC posts in one long thread of their own...

Edit: Ah, here it is, helpfully linked by TT at the end of the stickied list of LCs.

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be up for it. I love writing.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I might manage to contribute a story or two to this. I'd certainly enjoy reading some stories about the heroes I admire.

I guess that means count me in as a ::meh:: LOL
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering I spend most of my days being bored out of my mind, I wouldn't mind seeing these up again. Don't know if I'll participate much, but I wouldn't mind reading them.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will throw in a vote. I've appreciated the feedback I've received from the Challenges.
    a
    edited July 2013
    After tallying up the votes, that's seven people now who want to see the Lit Challenges return. :smile:

Keep that support coming, people!! :biggrin:
    76561198160276582.png
  • plainsdrifterplainsdrifter Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it would be a great idea to have something like this, and didn't know it had been done previously. There are so many creative people involved in the CO community who have such great characters that a 'fan fiction' type of forum, either in a space like this or perhaps related so some in-game contest or contests, would be hugely popular and a great outlet for people who like to write.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Give it a try and see how it does. We had pretty good participation the first time around.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • tenebriswolftenebriswolf Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice idea, count me in.
    Mordykus on Dawn Radio
  • joahrexjoahrex Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No idea what this is, but sounds fun I guess. Mark a tally for me.
  • masamundanemasamundane Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be for it. I've done a few in the past, and they were a lot of fun.
  • professorporkprofessorpork Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm in.

woot
  • kyuuremi1kyuuremi1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know I'd be very happy to do a Lit challenge. Storytelling is something I do a lot on here via RP let me know if I can shoot one of the character ideas your way. In the middle of a Viper RP arch but gladly would like to see what people come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kyubimaru Was Here
    Check out the Bloodline of Shadows Website for more information as well as upcoming events and good stuff from your favorite Ninja Clan!
    http://bloodlineofshadows.webs.com/
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do need to exercise my writing muscles... I'm in!
    Champions: @ace112233
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do need to exercise my writing muscles... I'm in!

What they said. :biggrin:
  • professorporkprofessorpork Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not like it'll cost any money. just digital code
  • kittyanonkittyanon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm totally up for it. I need to get my brain juices thawed and flowing.
    =^..^= ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ =^..^=
    Formerly known as kittyclawz.

In-game handle: @Miss.Kittyclawz
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I as well would be interested in writting out something for a few of my heroes
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I tried clicking the link to the older threads to see what the premises were but they all kept linking me to the same post which was for the first thread. If TrailTurtle decides to start doing these again, would it be possible to unlock the old ones so the new comers would be able to go back and catch up? Or will we be starting over? i'd love to start writing for my main toon, Wraith Shadow, but it would be nice to go back and start from the beginning.
  • ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd give this a shot. Never gonna improve my writing skills, unless I write something.
    edited July 2013
    Up to 20 supporters. :smile:

Keep 'em coming, folks!! :biggrin:
    76561198160276582.png
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be willing to give it a shot. My writing could use serious improvement, and it could be a fun way to practice.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Up to 20 supporters. :smile:

Keep 'em coming, folks!! :biggrin:

Well I count 21...Blackjack I win :tongue:
  • libertyzenlibertyzen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I may give it a shot. :)
    edited August 2013
    We're at 22 now.

Come on, people--let's get our Lit Challenges back up and running!! :cool:
    76561198160276582.png
  • sumthindarksidesumthindarkside Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Although I've stopped writing for a while, but I would like to start practicing my craft again. So add me up to the tally.
    edited August 2013
    I may have primarily gone back to STO and focused on those forums, but that doesn't mean I'm not still interested in bringing the Lit Challenges back on these forums.

Come on, people, keep showing your support!! Let's get this done!! :biggrin:
    76561198160276582.png
  • kinster2kinster2 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when i took over the lit challenges they kinda kiltered off. so i just stopped doing them.

though i would love to start up the antic of jane archer again..... an friend and i have even fleshed out her brothers story during the obsidian ops..... but if the lit challenges come then ill reveal those stories i have over 50 fully fleshed adventures already written
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they're back, I'll be back.
  • kinster2kinster2 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if u guys want i can start them back up..... make a community run one again or try
    edited October 2013
    Almost two months since the last reply... did the interest in a return of the LCs dry up? :frown:
    76561198160276582.png
  • knightraider6knightraider6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I too could be interested in LCs.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier."
    edited October 2013
    I too could be interested in LCs.

Glad to hear it. :smile:

Anybody else still interested?
    76561198160276582.png