test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nemesis alert - same nemeses with same power?!?

lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Missions and Content
Well this issue is really annoying for me and I hope I`m not the only one who has noticed it!
What I have noticed is that, in the 80% of the Nemesis alert, appears same nemeses (Destructo, Deathmetal) with the same power (Scourge)! For me is really annoying to see same nemeses with same powers on, almost every Nemesis alert!!! Is there something to do about it? And who is quilty for this mess and how this thing happens?
I really don`t want to see any Destructo or Deathmetal in the nemesis alerts! I`m tired of them! I want new nemeses not the same ones over and over again!!!
Post edited by lunaw78 on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those would be the default Nemesis enemies. They always use the Supernatural Infernal set, and only appear if the person selected for the alert doesn't have a Nemesis, or doesn't have one active.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those would be the default Nemesis enemies. They always use the Supernatural Infernal set, and only appear if the person selected for the alert doesn't have a Nemesis, or doesn't have one active.
    In same way what you say, makes sense but the Default Nemeses doesn`t have the health bar in red and they aren`t the ones (I mean bosses) from Nemesis quests? I really didn`t see any Destructo or Deathmetal bosses in any Nemesis quests!
    And from what I have seen these ones, is only my oppinion thus, I feel are made by players not by the Devs! Some Deathmetals looks just too silly to be made by Devs!
    edited July 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    In same way what you say, makes sense but the Default Nemeses doesn`t have the health bar in red and they aren`t the ones (I mean bosses) from Nemesis quests? I really didn`t see any Destructo or Deathmetal bosses in any Nemesis quests!

That is because, as I said, they are the default ones. The replacements, for when you don't actually have one. You don't get Nemesis missions when you don't have a Nemesis.
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    And from what I have seen these ones, is only my oppinion thus, I feel are made by players not by the Devs! Some Deathmetals looks just too silly to be made by Devs!

Yeah they look like crap. Welcome to the Random button. It basically resulted in 'Lilith' and 'Deathmetal'.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The solution is to get all those level 6-24 players to stop queueing for Nemesis Alerts.

And even then, it isn't guaranteed because - as Fudge said - If you've never created a Nemesis, or don't have one active, you'll spawn a generic.

I would have preferred if they had made it so that it selected a Nemesis from the people that have one, and only used a generic if NOBODY on the team had one, but that ship has sailed.
    Yeah they look like crap. Welcome to the Random button. It basically resulted in 'Lilith' and 'Deathmetal'.
    At least now I know why those stupid nemesis appear in alerts! Thank you!
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would have preferred if they had made it so that it selected a Nemesis from the people that have one, and only used a generic if NOBODY on the team had one, but that ship has sailed.

So much this.

While on another point. How the map selects the nemesis for the group is who ever loads into the map first. So for those who do have nemesis's hope you have a faster internet connection than those who don't in the group. It is not completely random, it is who ever transfer their data to the zone first faster than the rest. How to confirm this I remember TT mentioning something about it but for the life of me can't find the thread that it was mentioned in.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited July 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    So much this.

While on another point. How the map selects the nemesis for the group is who ever loads into the map first. So for those who do have nemesis's hope you have a faster internet connection than those who don't in the group. It is not completely random, it is who ever transfer their data to the zone first faster than the rest. How to confirm this I remember TT mentioning something about it but for the life of me can't find the thread that it was mentioned in.

I can't quite confirm this as multiple times I've been the first one in (And sometimes the ONLY one that actually connects.) and it has done somebody elses or a default Nemi.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you're on a five man team, it will load the Nemesis of who's been on the team the longest. Just a fun fact. :3
    edited July 2013
    I can't quite confirm this as multiple times I've been the first one in (And sometimes the ONLY one that actually connects.) and it has done somebody elses or a default Nemi.

I need to find this thread to show proof of the exact setup that makes a nem spawn but yes I had this happen to me as well. Someone loaded into the map but never spawned apparently. Kinda like if you ever were on the loading screen, and you alt tabbed and back in moments later, the loading bar will be a Press Any Key caption to load into the map. Your are connected to the instance, but haven't spawned physically. It is hard to explain it as you can see.

"Embrace your dreams"

• thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    while I get that they just set the Nem Alert to generate a Random Button Nemesis with the same powerset for when nobody in the group has one or whatever condition is met. What I don't get is why they just didn't make use of the other Super villains that show up throughout your Nemesis chain of missions....heck Red Winter got its own Alert and only showed up in Game originally during (if I'm not mistaken) The Bunker Buster Mission...and Green Dragon (the guy that busted out of Prison with your Nem) got his own Alert staring next to Red Serpent. But what about the rest of the Super villains.

Black Adder
    Skullder
    Scylla
    Heclon
    Vengeance
    Black Scorpion

Black Ice

There are many more described in the wiki that would have filled the role for the missing nemeses a whole lot better than the Random Button method...
  • colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the nemesis system is woefully underdeveloped. They have something here that could be really wonderful, but they refuse to do anything with it.

I'd love to see Nemeses in some of the random missions you get from rescuing citizens, for instance. Instead of going in to fight just another Annihilator Bot, I'd be facing off against my (or even someone else's) nemesis.

Part of the downside of that is how utterly silly many nemeses are. Often people don't put any time or thought into their creations.

A few other things that would be nice...

Let us read the bio of the nemesis. What is the point of letting us write a description no one can see?

Let us choose powers for the nemesis in a freeform manner. I have an enemy that should have claws and eyebeams, but I can't give him both. Just make us select specific power types (melee, area, ranged, passive, travel power, etc...).

Let us use existing groups for minions, such as Viper, Psychos, Purple Gang and so on.

Let us choose a TYPE of foe. For example, it's not in character for my Sorcerer's demonic nemesis to be building a nuclear bomb, or a death ray. He'd be doing something magical.

Have our nemesis occasionally show up to plague us in regular missions (kind of like the old Champions "Hunted" disadvantage).

Let us change the name of our nemesis. I'd even pay the usual name change cost on the store for this.

Let us have more than one nemesis active at a time. It might even be cool to have a mission where several of my own nemeses team up (like Luthor and Brainiac have done many times in the past).

There's so much more that could be done with this, it has enormous potential. I really can't fathom why they won't do anything with it.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
  • rabenschwingerabenschwinge Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    If you're on a five man team, it will load the Nemesis of who's been on the team the longest. Just a fun fact. :3

The question that remains is - if the character who appears in the zone first doesn't have a Nemesis, is another Nemesis used? Or one of the default Nemeses?

I had the impression that my Nemeses are used pretty often, as I appear often among the first in an alert. That's somewhat surprising actually, since I don't have a SSD in my computer. I would guess that those player who do have an SSD get there ahead of me. But maybe there isn't that much to load that isn't in memory anyway that it makes a difference how fast your mass storage is.

Characters on Primus DB (and their Nemeses):
    Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
    edited July 2013
    Part of the downside of that is how utterly silly many nemeses are. Often people don't put any time or thought into their creations.

It's the only way to have player created content in missions of this game at all and complaining about is the last that comes in mind.

I remember when I first came back after a long time of absence and tried my first alerts. I didn't even remember that the character I renamed to "Dawnblaze" had a Nemesis to start with. When I saw that character on the docks, and realized by the name "Sister Nightfall" that had to be one of mine (it's the title of a song I like), I considered to jump over the railing and hide under the pier out of shame.

Only a default character, with a swapped black / blue color set, a hood, and a particularly lean, almost girlish built. It must have taken me about three minutes to create that Nemesis. And a spades logo that didn't really fit. It's not like I am perfectly pleased with her as she is now, but it plays in an entirely different league.

Marksmaid | Tenebris (Xalara) | Virtue | Dawnblaze (Sister Nightfall) | Rhinegold: Julie & Magdalena
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »

That doesn't seem to be true as I've been in a 5-man team with my super group and we got different nemesis' from time to time. About 80% were one guy's but we did get variation.
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the nemesis system is woefully underdeveloped. They have something here that could be really wonderful, but they refuse to do anything with it.

I'd love to see Nemeses in some of the random missions you get from rescuing citizens, for instance. Instead of going in to fight just another Annihilator Bot, I'd be facing off against my (or even someone else's) nemesis.

A few other things that would be nice...

Let us read the bio of the nemesis. What is the point of letting us write a description no one can see?

Let us choose powers for the nemesis in a freeform manner. I have an enemy that should have claws and eyebeams, but I can't give him both. Just make us select specific power types (melee, area, ranged, passive, travel power, etc...).

Let us use existing groups for minions, such as Viper, Psychos, Purple Gang and so on.

Let us choose a TYPE of foe. For example, it's not in character for my Sorcerer's demonic nemesis to be building a nuclear bomb, or a death ray. He'd be doing something magical.

Have our nemesis occasionally show up to plague us in regular missions (kind of like the old Champions "Hunted" disadvantage).

Let us change the name of our nemesis. I'd even pay the usual name change cost on the store for this.

Let us have more than one nemesis active at a time. It might even be cool to have a mission where several of my own nemeses team up (like Luthor and Brainiac have done many times in the past).

So very damn true to all of this.
    There's so much more that could be done with this, it has enormous potential. I really can't fathom why they won't do anything with it.

Because they can't fit it in lockboxes, duh.
    edited July 2013
    That doesn't seem to be true as I've been in a 5-man team with my super group and we got different nemesis' from time to time. About 80% were one guy's but we did get variation.

I think that's a misunderstanding. What is meant was who was on the mission team longest, assuming that you didn't group before you entered. Effectively the character for whom the map was initialized.

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Saddly there are no plans to expand the nemesis system.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=836501

And neither fix it or improve it for the looks of it *grumbles*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
    edited July 2013
    klitty wrote: »
    Saddly there are no plans to expand the nemesis system.

http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=836501

And neither fix it or improve it for the looks of it *grumbles*

Maybe if we throw enough solid gold ingots at them maybe we would knock some sense into them.

"Embrace your dreams"

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nemesis at level 6 would be ideal. That would alleviate this issue or it could be worse.

But the churn rate dictates that pulling high level content into the grasp
    of playeres faster will at least show players the freakin' content!
    Which of course Nemesis Alerts attempt to do and get right most of the time.
    But we can do better because we have a new team.
    Right guys?

Yeah!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that's a misunderstanding. What is meant was who was on the mission team longest, assuming that you didn't group before you entered. Effectively the character for whom the map was initialized.

My point is the same 5 characters ran I think it was 14 or 15 nemesis alerts and we had variations in which nemesis spawned.