2»

Comments

• Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    z0dii wrote: »
    True... but hey...NEW STUFF!!!!!!

Really? the servers are crashing again...that's not so new at all -.-

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Time to shut down the servers.

Downtime: 365 Days

Patch Notes: Have you tried out latest game, Neverwinter?
  • Options
    hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Problem: It has taken nearly a year for me to be able to play my main thanks to the promise of these powers making a hit to LIVE, last year. These powers have been pushed out of the PTS early and are lacking. You try waiting 10 months and more to play your main. Watch as Crowd Control Powers (which was the original intention) are slowly but surely turned into pathetic DPS and then ask yourself what the problem is.

Am I looking for Telepathy to be doing massive damage?: I am looking to be on par with my other toons and for telepathy to be on par with other powersets damage wise. If they are going to kill off the main mechanic Telepathy was originally built around aka Crowd Control at least have the decency to buff it's damage to respectable levels.

You want more Crowd Control Mechanics?: I would welcome them, but let's first fix the decrepit ones we DO have, gear for boosting and negating CC included. FYI the new powers originally WERE high CC, so high in fact, I could do what my other toons could do and solo some Legendary bosses in game.

So to summarise:

- Waited a long time to play my MAIN character.
    - is looking forward to being able to team with others and have fun.
    - Finds out the CC in the new set has been ripped away and replaced with very low control powers and debuffs which do not scale with Hold STR (the 15% and 6%).
    - Watches as MoTM goes from uber + no graphics to wtf + good graphics
    - Realises there is no control left and it is Pink DPS.
    - Notices this update also brings to the fore a passive which flat out disobeys the two role rule for passives. Which may pave the way for "why can't passive XXX be multi role too?"

Find the problem.

It seems your problem has been using the PTS as a preview feature, and you've been disappointed they didn't go the way you wanted. Understandable, though that is.

You could always take your main as a challenge, I'm sure your other toons are probably hitting the more-than-necessary-DPS mark anyways. I myself make mostly psionic characters, though I do more roleplay than actual gameplay these days, but I find telepathy works for me. Sure it's not the highest DPS, but I can be good enough.

I'd agree with the two-role passive rule being blown apart, and I'd hope this wouldn't pave the way like you say.. but I can see it coming.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    cryneting wrote: »
    Yeah really nice powerset and all buddy but it will be useful if we could have a free recon token to change our powers. Make it so please or are you getting greedy now?

Because the majority of this power update was new powers, rather than changes to old powers, we don't plan to give out retcon tokens.

z0dii wrote: »
    Also I'd like to think that the throwing blade "fix" is only temporary until they find a better way to fix that.

Note, I said "I'd like to think...."

In part, yes. One of the reasons that it took so long to get any kind of fix in place is because the root issue with Throwing Blades is pretty deep in the engine, and trying to fix it cleanly was a Herculean task.

If we, someday, are able to fix the root issue, maybe this change will be removed. At present, though, this change was the best way to get a game-breaking bug under control, and back in line with how the power was designed.

rowan79 wrote: »
    Really? the servers are crashing again...that's not so new at all -.-

We're working on this one.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    reeeallly... no retcon tokens. wtf... :mad: its a big change to a powerset, it doesnt matter if it doesnt affect old powers its a revamp of the set in question.

In the past the tokens were only giving out when powers were changed to a high degree, that often completely changed your build and/or broke your current build. These are new powers that do not force you to redo your character.

When they completed redid Enrage and Aggressor, it changed builds, thus retcon token, adding powers...nope doesnt do that. It may get you to WANT to change your build, but that is a different story.

I personally plan to look at the new powers again, and if I like them, then I'll get some tokens.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh yeah, Gravitar Boots are still weird metal-latex texture only. Would love to see it in proper cloth, leather and metal too.

Still, it's good that Throwing Blades is pending... only ten minutes using it now and I already miss being able to tap to shoot it.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Still, it's good that Throwing Blades is pending... only ten minutes using it now and I already miss being able to tap to shoot it.

To clarify, it's technically pending, I suppose, but I wouldn't expect to see a fix for that one for a very long time if ever.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And here you are once again, offering nothing at all of value to any discussion, except choosing to argue and call people out. You've done nothing, absolutely ZERO on this site. I think you asked for ponies once.

Well what I don't do is try to bully people out of threads by calling them names, or because they are too new, or make up stuff and throw it out there and cross my fingers that it's true, or whatever other tactics you use.

I took part in every single playtest form alpha to end of beta, and lobbied hard for a lot of things, and offered countless ideas of my own.

Ponies would be nice....flaming ones...with wings.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No. Just... nope.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -edit-

Removed do to #$%@#@ing and %&*@#$#@ing from another member of my SG

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    saintrhavansaintrhavan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To clarify, it's technically pending, I suppose, but I wouldn't expect to see a fix for that one for a very long time if ever.

This seems to be the general motto for Champions Online.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You may want to correct the blog post...

Shadow of Regret is actually Shadow of Doubt

Mental Break is actually Mind Break.

Well that's just sad. Shades of Stormy there, pick it up. :frown:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well that's just sad. Shades of Stormy there, pick it up. :frown:

Yeah, if you think that's bad have a look at the power descriptions for the "new" Telepathy powers.

They are 10 months old and the current iteration does not even hold a CANDLE to their former glory.

Talk about Misrepresentation...

I reckon they need to rename Mind Break to Mental Breakdown to simulate exactly the feeling you'll have using these powers lmao.
  • Options
    saintrhavansaintrhavan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I reckon they need to rename Mind Break to Mental Breakdown to simulate exactly the feeling you'll have using these powers lmao.

Mm, yes, I quite like this.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    we don't want a "holy trinity" not in CO. I support incentive for role use but not forcing this trinity crap on us of healer tank dps.

He didn't say "force a trinity". He said, make the powers useful and/or desirable.

Right now controls in this game are a pathetic joke on the level of "Ow my balls!".

The game is mostly about maxing survivability and then piling on DPS (not necessarily in that order). And not much more.

So we have lots of cookie cutter FOTM builds. So the game winds up only marginally more diverse than single-player Wolfenstein 3D.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    He didn't say "force a trinity". He said, make the powers useful and/or desirable.

Right now controls in this game are a pathetic joke on the level of "Ow my balls!".

The game is mostly about maxing survivability and then piling on DPS (not necessarily in that order). And not much more.

So we have lots of cookie cutter FOTM builds. So the game winds up only marginally more diverse than single-player Wolfenstein 3D.

This is pretty much exactly what I meant.

There's just... no balance. At all.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you get away from PvP, then builds are super diverse.

I have over two dozen toons with distinct builds.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Though not as many, so do I. I build characters as characters, not builds, so when making some one i will maximize what i can for that toon based on how i want them to be over trying to get the highest DPS, Survivability, or Healing. The problem is even there, the way the game is set up, i'm being limited and pushed into a more DPS heavy role. Even in PvE, with things like timer based alerts and all, people are getting mad that my Healer isn't doing enough DPS, or my tank isn't able to hold aggro over a Minmaxed DPS even though i've got the threat generating attributes. Its not the peoples fault for playing how they want(even if they're jerks about it), but it's cryptics fault for letting the game become so unbalanced, and not properly maintaining their systems.

Part of why i'm mad at the new update is that CC strength is a completely useless trait, which sucks for anyone who has a controller character. The way this game is being handled is focusing more on a DPS heavy game, and frankly trinity or not, it's all going down hill because of it.

We've hit that point where the Cryptic Engine isn't really capable of handling everything that they're adding to it, hence why our last several events have been out right failures, or how STO's bonus mark weekend didn't work, or why so many things just flat out broke when they added Legacy of Romulus. As great as the engine is, it can only handle so many changes before any additional changes begin causing problems. Even NW is going to be having these issues when they try to add new stuff in the future.
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you get away from PvP, then builds are super diverse.

Distinct and diverse are two very separate things though.

Having two Might tankers with identical power loadouts, save for Unstoppable and Defiance, follows the train of having distinct builds. It doesn't mean they're all that diverse though.
  • Options
    heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So. Damn. True
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Distinct and diverse are two very separate things though.

Having two Might tankers with identical power loadouts, save for Unstoppable and Defiance, follows the train of having distinct builds. It doesn't mean they're all that diverse though.

I have both distinct and diverse characters. I have tanks built around invulnerability+IDF, defiance/enrage, regen, and healing. I actually don't have a dodge tank yet, but I am working on it. I have a health drain/Aura of Ebon Destruction tank.

I have toons meant to be super effective DPS (mostly ranged, some melee), and also toons that are entirely focused on a theme, that aren't very powerful. They are still good enough to run missions and contribute to alerts.

I don't worry about how my toons would do in PvP duels, because I don't care about duels. I don't worry about my toons being the best in an Alert, or if they can solo Gravitar. I am not playing a competitive game. Some people are, but not me.

I am reminded of how some people fight rush hour traffic every day, trying to get home a few minutes earlier, cutting people off, sliding into any little space to gain an advantage. I simply sit back and enjoy music or a podcast. I am playing a different game than them.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.