test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnects, 7/11 [RESOLVED]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited July 2013 in Super News Network
We're seeing a number of player disconnects in Millennium City right now -- this was an issue earlier, but it lapsed, and now it seems to be back in full force. The dev team is looking into it right now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    inb4properexplanation:

-Mentella's unadulterated rage at these new powers which lack Control has caused mass unconsciousness (lagging) and has made some players comatose (repeated disconnects) through sheer exposure to her psychic rage. We are working tirelessly to appease her with cups of peppermint herbal tea. We are even considering offering up Medusa to direct her rage at.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    I prefer to think of it as my devilish good looks making everyone swoon. :biggrin:
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those freakin' things from the mission on PTS got into the real server.

Digitize Trailturtle. GO.

You get to use a tube sock filled with hot nickels. We're all counting on you.
  • rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I prefer to think of it as my devilish good looks making everyone swoon. :biggrin:

LOL, swoon, i love that word again now haha

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    Can we have at least one update without any unexpected difficulties?
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was wondering why it takes about 5 minutes to load into the map just to get Server Not Responding after 5 seconds of being logged in.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • lamina781lamina781 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Every update makes a reason to have another update.Like a bad medications side affect, at some point it gets not worth it.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My glorious return has been ruined again, by disconnects!
    And it happens in MC PH also....
    So back to the NW apparently.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • badpanda69badpanda69 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh well back to Neverwinter till they get it sorted. Shame was having some fun with a new toon. Good luck sorting it out chaps.
  • z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hope this helps:

The last time this happened it was due to the MC not being able to make a clone area of the zone. We ended with transfer screens that looked like:

MC #1 99 people
    MC #3 76 people
    MC #4 0 people

That last one is a "ghost" town if that makes sense. If you toon tries to log into it, it's a slow load screen and almost instant disconnect.
  • despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NOT JUST THAT but I was silenced for 24 hours apparently 2 hours ago... the thing was I wasn't playing till 5 minutes ago AT ALL like not even logged on, cause I was sleep from getting back from an appointment, Trailturtle since your clearly in this thread can you fix this?
    edited July 2013
    That's not a bug. Thats the player controlled chat feature. Working as intended.
    edited July 2013
    This is getting escalated up the chain, we've got some higher-ups digging into this now.
    edited July 2013
    We got Jack on the job???
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    That's not a bug. Thats the player controlled chat feature. Working as intended.

so your stating you can be muted without even playing the game for a day while offline ? how is that a possible thing
    edited July 2013
    and not to double post but now I'm noticing EVERY TIME I log on it resets my silencing to 23 hours and 30 minutes
    edited July 2013
    That's excatly what i'm saying.
    People just put you in ignore. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    so your stating you can be muted without even playing the game for a day while offline ? how is that a possible thing

You can put people on your ignore list when they are offline. Only thing you need is to know their handle.
    edited July 2013
    Have you been selling stuff in Neverwinter Zone chat?
    edited July 2013

no, I don't associate myself with anything other than champions online... I'd write a ticket but my "sixth sense" tells me even though I dump a lot of cash into this game I won't receive customer service
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you been selling stuff in Neverwinter Zone chat?

Or on the Trade channel. Remember kids, you can hack items by linking through STO and CO games!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited July 2013
    Well, they try to answer in 3-4 work days, so....
    edited July 2013
    please... I've filled tickets that haven't been answered in 3 weeks
    edited July 2013
    The point was, you wont get no support answering/lifting your ban in that 24 hours. But back to the topic.
    edited July 2013
    look, I know my chances are low, but I'm not going to stop until I at least get trail turtles conformation that nothing can be done. I'm sick of this stupid chat system, and if anything were to make me stop playing this game that I really enjoy it would be said system. not being able to talk for 24 hours and being stuck at the same time for what is now an unknown time due it constantly restarting is beyond maddening...
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Click the undo button.
    edited July 2013
    Have you sent in a ticket to Customer Support? It's possible they'll get back to you over the course of the work day.
    edited July 2013
    So uh... any recent update on what's going on or am I still safe camping in the VIP lounge?
    edited July 2013
    Have you sent in a ticket to Customer Support? It's possible they'll get back to you over the course of the work day.

Believe it or not, but this does actually work. I have tried it myself when I was being harassed by another player and his SG. Within 10 hrs of filing the ticket I got a response.
    edited July 2013
    z0dii wrote: »
    So uh... any recent update on what's going on or am I still safe camping in the VIP lounge?

SOCRATES is still being hacked by /<CONNECTIONLOST...so we are still not permitted to run around CO..

On the plus side this is the most thematic prelude to an event ever :wink:
    edited July 2013
    The point was, you wont get no support answering/lifting your ban in that 24 hours. But back to the topic.

#130711-000906

so theres nothing you can do about this one TT?
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    was it those clone guys? not going into detail here, since it would be against forum rules..

Oh haha, no, they were only messing around. That was ok. I am referring to another player and his SG
  • elenahallelenahall Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    <WORKAROUND>

Posting this here from the other thread:

Millennium City instances (the main city) is currently bugged or corrupted. If you are there you will get disconnected. To avoid getting disconnects every few seconds do not zone into Millennium City, stay in Canada, Desert, Monster Island or any instanced zone you're currently in.

If you are already inside MC with your character or just coming out from an Alert going into MC, get to your Hideout as fast as possible and don't move around a lot. From there you can switch over to MC take a few steps and then switch back to your hideout. As long as you dont travel too far in MC or stay too long you should slowly, step by step get to the Jet or some other place to zone out of MC completely.

Thanks to Ophan for the hideout trick :)
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    SOCRATES is still being hacked by /<CONNECTIONLOST...so we are still not permitted to run around CO..

On the plus side this is the most thematic prelude to an event ever

I think I laughed a little harder than I should have.
    edited July 2013
    We may have a fix in place. I'll update as we know more.
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Trail Turtle. :D

Maybe we should upgrade the hamsters to a better wheel and offer better food for them >_>
    edited July 2013
    To resolve these disconnects, we've temporarily disabled all emotes -- using emotes was the cause of the zone crashes.

I know that the emotes are a fun part of Champions, so we're working to get them fixed and reactivated as soon as possible. I don't have a timeline on that, but it might be a few days or a week. It's unfortunate, but having the game be stable has to be our first priority.

Thanks everyone for your help identifying possible causes, I really appreciate it.

-TrailTurtle
    edited July 2013
    Ok. Emotes..... So i guess we can thank the few people who have been crashing the game on purpose.
    Thanks guys.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To resolve these disconnects, we've temporarily disabled all emotes -- using emotes was the cause of the zone crashes.

So basically you're saying we danced the game server to death?

That's pretty badass, actually.
    edited July 2013
    You actually commited suicide and deathtwiched it to death.....
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So basically you're saying we danced the game server to death?

That's pretty badass, actually.

It wasn't everyone combined, it was one person who knew a stupid exploit. This is what I mean by there being many more exploits than throwing blades out there. People don't see it though so they don't really know anything of it.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I know that the emotes are a fun part of Champions, so we're working to get them fixed and reactivated as soon as possible. I don't have a timeline on that, but it might be a few days or a week. It's unfortunate, but having the game be stable has to be our first priority.

Thanks everyone for your help identifying possible causes, I really appreciate it.

-TrailTurtle

Yay for more content removal.

"Give a little take alot." - Cryptic
    edited July 2013
    Now Cryptic, go dig your files and give that one guy a hearty handshake.

Whats next?
    Travelpowers corrupting game servers?
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *uses clap emote* Thanks TT for letting us kno-

*server crash*

Damn it....

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm while you do this why not give us new emotes and give us sound for the old ones like the howl and so forth
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    *uses clap emote* Thanks TT for letting us kno-

*server crash*

Damn it....

I think ;facepalm would be more appropriate.
    NOT JUST THAT but I was silenced for 24 hours apparently 2 hours ago... the thing was I wasn't playing till 5 minutes ago AT ALL like not even logged on, cause I was sleep from getting back from an appointment, Trailturtle since your clearly in this thread can you fix this?

Don't say things like this - if this were the Neverwinter boards, this thread would get locked down immediately.

Yes, I'm serious.

CO and STO? Talk about it all you want. NW? Instant thread closure.

And good luck on finding the fixes, TT and crew.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited July 2013
    How in the heck did they come up with the emotes being the reason its leading to disconnects?! I'm failing to see the logic behind this one honestly. Trail Turtle can get someone to explain this in laymans terms please? Bribe them with chocolate or ice cream or something... I want a real answer. (Not that I'll get it.)

Also is it just the /e Dance_likenooneiswatching or /e computerkneel style emotes or is it anything that is player typed with /e? I.e: /e Does what she wants. Which would then go into the Emote Channel.

Either way this won't really affect me because when I rp I use asterisks to emote out what my character is doing. I'm just worried about the people who use the /e function.
  • graulvrynnethgraulvrynneth Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Potentially related bug: clients aren't syncing emotes or other players' statuses with the server when they relog or enter a new area. Here's a reproducible bug:

1. User A and User B are sitting at a bar: /em sitchair
    2. User B disconnects and reconnects.
    3. User A is sitting on User A's end and the server's end, but User B sees User A to be standing.

The server does not reconcile this difference with User B, and it is possible that disagreements between the client and server as to a player's current state (standing, sitting, dancing, etc.) may be causing issues as the server and client continue to disagree as to what is going on. Sufficient numbers of disagreements may be causing network and sync errors to crop up, resulting in disconnects.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    z0dii wrote: »
    How in the heck did they come up with the emotes being the reason its leading to disconnects?! I'm failing to see the logic behind this one honestly. Trail Turtle can get someone to explain this in laymans terms please? Bribe them with chocolate or ice cream or something... I want a real answer. (Not that I'll get it.)

Apparently someone messaged TT about how the guy was doing it. I think TT is smarter than to give the exact exploit in details. That wouldn't be good. 0.o

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)