What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130612.13 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 4:00 pm, 7/10/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with this build to test stability, as well as the changes listed below:

Release Notes:

Missions:
  • New mission: "Intranet Deployment" - The first part of our FATAL ERR0R story arc is ready for your testing and feedback! Talk to any SOCRATES terminal in Millennium City to start the mission.

Misc:
  • Telepathy: Master of Mind has a new icon.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Master of the Mind should be an Active Defense with an emanating incapacitate AoE that hits up to 3-5 targets every 1-3secs and lasts for the full duration. The duration should be increased to 15sec to match other Active Defense powers. It should be given a much smaller damage buff, maybe a 100% inscrease? Should also be given a slight damage absorb buff(much like Inertial Dampening Field) that absorbs a small amount from every attack(approx 20hp worth) for the complete duration. The power should also allow you a breakfree boost like other Active Defenses. When the duration of the power ends, you are left completely exhausted dropping your energy to 1 and appling a short duration energy regen debuff to yourself for about 5 seconds.

Of course, you don't have to make this power like this. But I will be completely honest in telling you that the power you are offering as it is right now blows pretty heavy. I'd never dream of using it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add quick that the Incapacitate Aura suggested SHOULD NOT be effected by hold immunity stacks on targets. Allowing for a telepathy user to have ONE last power they can use to get holds off on targets once their regular powers apply to much hold immunity. So if a fight last to long, this power truly becomes a life saving Active Defense.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rewards from the end of mission, Intranet Deployment, do not drop as items, they are merely unlocks.

Thus cannot be traded or sold.

Like the Finkle Foundry items/unlocks, this is bad if intentional, a bug if not

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lordgar,

When will we see the latest mechanics update for Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech? As you know there are many players who plain hate them the way they are currently implemented and we have not seen any documented changes.

Thank you,

Telepathy Users
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Of course, you don't have to make this power like this. But I will be completely honest in telling you that the power you are offering as it is right now blows pretty heavy. I'd never dream of using it.

The lack of synergy means a lack of use. There's no current reason to use the power other than looking cute.

I like the idea of transforms (I still advocate Ascension becoming a Celestial transform). But they must come with the benefits that should be afforded it and need synergy with their respective set to stop being cherry picked.

I agree that the power blows pretty hard ATM. But making it an active would seemingly do very little if it is to keep its current functionality.

- -

This as with all my other complaints about many of the powers that Gentleman Crush has implemented is all about following the precedent. It is clear that the devs who used to follow the mystical "spreadsheet" of how powers work are not there to play governor to the new powers.
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Issue: at the end of the boss fight, I couldn't take drop from boss since I was automatically teleported to the real world.

Opinion about Fatal Error:

Finally, they are making something with more length. I would put a miniboss at each console room.

Final fight is too simple. Spawn adds, or enrage the spider. A personal ideas, make spawn bad bits, that buff boss dmg(a lot), so in order to avoid being killed those bits would need to be kill asap. Once of the issue with some of the recent CO content is that fights are too simple.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bug-

Ironclad is using his Mulitfarian outfit..

Unless that's a clue >.>

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +: The environment is beautiful, the textures and tiny little data stream details are a very nice touch.
    +: The voice acting is a step in a better direction, less cheesy than before.
    +: Dialog with Sapphire and Ironclad was funny
    +: The enemy Force explosion detail on the ground is pretty neat
    +: The mission itself is doable solo and does work well with 2-3 people

-: The boss at the end was lacking. I was able to take it down no problem and pretty quickly too. First time I ran with a group of 5 and we blew past him at the end. Second time I did it solo and he's about as tough as those objects we destroy right before him. I would suggest spawning adds or maybe more abilities.
    -: 750 resources is pretty low, even if it is placeholder
    -: I hear the helmet is unlocked automatically. MAKE IT AN ITEM SO WE CAN TRADE.
    -: Ironclad has a sword for an arm. Atleast he's not holding a gun again.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make that spider shoot web. Made of 1's and 0's...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not going to repeat what others have said, it's environmentally gorgeous and pretty fun.

Bug; Mission objectives didn't update as the team moved past them, it remained on "Speak to Dr. Silverback in Champions HQ" the entire time.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope. I went in on TTs team and you can see it on the livestream. It didn't update for TT either.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Make that spider shoot web. Made of 1's and 0's...

THIS! haha... I mean come on we are surfing in Socrates WEB! come on!.

Also more seriously... yeah a web attack would definitely at least bring something into that fight, and well... lets face it... spiders shooting web makes a lot of sense right?.

Besides that I must say it was a pretty fun mission, with a gorgeous art job in here. I soloed it as a Blade AT lvl 40, that has 0 purple primaries, and found 0 probs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Lordgar,

When will we see the latest mechanics update for Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech? As you know there are many players who plain hate them the way they are currently implemented and we have not seen any documented changes.

Thank you,

Telepathy Users

I think we are looking at the final iteration. Per this blog post -- the powers are going live as is tomorrow morning: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=935861

So this what we're getting. Not bad overall.. but I predict some big appointment's in Master of the Mind. Especially since the blog states: 'Master of the Mind is the the miniset's headliner.'
    Considering how it works currently, I don't think I'd phrase it like that :frown:. People are going to feel misled once they try the power and realize they die every time they use it in combat.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    riverocean wrote: »
    I think we are looking at the final iteration. Per this blog post -- the powers are going live as is tomorrow morning: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=935861

So this what we're getting. Not bad overall.. but I predict some big appointment's in Master of the Mind. Especially since the blog states: 'Master of the Mind is the the miniset's headliner.'
    Considering how it works currently, I don't think I'd phrase it like that :frown:. People are going to feel misled once they try the power and realize they die every time they use it in combat.

I cannot tell you how disappointing this is.

Truly there are no words.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Mission looks nice, but was pretty sparsely populated with enemies for how huge it is. (I ran solo, so I don't know if the mission adds more enemies to the instance as the count goes up, that might make it seem less empty)

Also I liked the idea at the end of the enemies having junk text/technical file names and stuff like the vines on the wall/the virus.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I cannot tell you how disappointing this is.

Truly there are no words.

Oh there are plenty of words that come to mind, not very good words mind you. haha, I said mind twice in that sentence. Oh snap I said it again! This botched telepathy job is making me go crazy! I can FEEL my IQ dropping already!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh there are plenty of words that come to mind, not very good words mind you. haha, I said mind twice in that sentence. Oh snap I said it again! This botched telepathy job is making me go crazy! I can FEEL my IQ dropping already!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!:eek:

I can think of one. Goodbye.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Beautiful environment, should be nicely replayable, pretty happy with this except for...

NO MORE PLACEHOLDER REWARDS PLEASE! THESE "PLACEHOLDERS" ALWAYS SOMEHOW GO LIVE AND NEVER GET FIXED. TAKE THE RESOURCE REWARD *NOW* AND MULTIPLY IT BY A HUNDRED! THERE'S NO REASON SPECIAL MISSION RESOURCE REWARDS SHOULDN'T BE AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN A GRAB -- IF YOU LOSE OUT ON THE COSTUME PIECE LOTTERY, AT LEAST MAKE DON'T OFFER AN INSULT IN ITS PLACE! THIS IS A WORSE CONSOLATION PRIZE THAN A YEAR'S WORTH OF RICE-A-RONI, THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT!

If this goes live like this, next time I'm forced to repeat this message, I raise the font size.

*ahem*
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    THIS IS A WORSE CONSOLATION PRIZE THAN A YEAR'S WORTH OF RICE-A-RONI, THE SAN FRANCISCO TREAT!

Whoa, whoa- Thundrax doesn't speak for all of us here.

Seriously, you guys holdin' out on us with this? When was this a prize?

BRING IT BACK AND NOT TO DRIFTER!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - I might be misremembering, since it's been like 4 hours since I last ran the mission, but I think you've mistakened Ironclad's Multifarian gear for his Standard look.
    - Very lovely environment and all, but what cooould be nice is if the halls were a bit less gigantic and long. Or heck, what would be neat if a later mission had something like invisible/transparent walls instead that show a big electronic expanse beyond.
    - Spider could use a bit more varied of an attack pattern. I suggest playing around with pushing and pulling effects on the guy.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    I soloed the mission with a Level 40 Soldier armed with Heroic gear and a level 40 Invincible, similarly geared, with the help of a Freeform archer-sorcery support hybrid.

The Good:
    This looks really really cool! The visuals are different than anything else you'll see in CO!
    It's permanent? Really? Yesssssss!
    Decent length and decent challenge. If you're caught off guard or get too careless, you can get killed.
    Costume piece rewards seem to drop frequently. On my first run I got the Socrates Process helmet, and on the second one I got the Virus helmet (which can be seen on the Malicious Process enemy types) Of course, these MIGHT be placeholders and the drop rates are subject to change, but they really should just keep the drop rates as they are now.
    Good voice acting!
    Defender, Ironclad and Sapphire have funny chatting quirks when you chat with them. Good 'ol CO humor is back.

The Bad:
    Music is recycled. Would have appreciated a bit of a techno-trance vibe rather than the usual instance crawling theme.
    The boss is a little bit on the easy side.
    Enemies are knock immune???

All in all... wow. This is a major improvement over other recent efforts!

Crosspost from the Playtest thread.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whoa, whoa- Thundrax doesn't speak for all of us here.

Seriously, you guys holdin' out on us with this? When was this a prize?

BRING IT BACK AND NOT TO DRIFTER!

I just watched too much Price is Right when I was younger. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay I've ran the mission twice so far once with my 40 Iris Irregular homage, Pat Particle, with a party of 4 other 40s. With a party of 5, no not that old Fox tv show, the content was relatively easy. I then ran it solo with a level 25 melee offensive toon, Street Samurai. Solo is really kinda difficult, but it is doable. I did however run into a Bug, and this bug persists throughout regular content at times as well.

A mob will become trapped in a piece of the environment: a box, a pillar, the ramp to the time machine, the Floor in the final room of Demon Flame. Some times the object that the mob is trapped in can be destroyed allowing you to attack it, sometimes PbAoEs will do the trick. But more often than not they can attack you with impunity, but you can't touch them. Sometimes if you break their line of sight they'll pull themselves out and come after you, again working around the bug, but not fixing. Other times they are well and truly stuck beyond Our, the players', ability to reach and can deal out damage with "complete" safety. This is most often observable in the "Brains Behind the Breakout" mission in Westside where you have to confront Zoe Loft. One of the Maniacs on the fair wall near the exit of the mission, most often the group closest to Zoe one of the Henchmen will be trapped safely inside the pillar able to attack but flagged as "out of line of sight" for you meaning you can't target them to attack, you can target, but can't attack...all the while you will be getting shot. It doesn't happen everytime, but it happens frequently, breaking his line of sight, attack range usually forces him to "reset" and charge after you, but most often it doesn't work.

The questionite reward for completing the mission as well as the resources reward seem just a shade too low for all the work we're doing for this mission. The mission itself is like a Grab Alert given how long it takes to complete and it even includes a "boss" fight. So the resource reward should equal that of a Grab Alert and considering that its a once daily mission should reward the same amount of questionite as the other daily missions for completion. i.e. 1500 to 2000 would be a fair reward for completing the mission.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Socrates' VO was too low for me. The effect was really cool, but the actual voice was too low for me to understand her over it.

The boss was really easy and didn't really show much variation other than spitting on me.

CC powers didn't really work on these guys, while the Z's were going they would still be raising their hands and attacking, some showed the rooted effect while they were running around. And as per usual the Debuffs were unnoticed what so ever.

On the PTS the holds are nowhere near the strength i have on live, they last a fraction of the time, the new powers aren't that great (101 per tick) when using the Passive that boosts them 90%, the ego sprites aren't being boosted either making the passive entirely pointless, they weren't lasting longer than 2 or 3 seconds for me.

Master of the mind is entirely way too short and it's hard to tell if the damage is being boosted properly

While i like that it adds the mental projection of the character, would it be possible to make it raise them a few feet so the projection isn't in the floor? Or to freeze the real body like Psimon so it's not just copying the motions?

I'm going to suggest a costume slot for this one as well simply so we can create a unique look for our mental monster. that way it wasn't just some thrown on visual that just mocked our characters movements.

Visual effects are still cutting out, even on the psy lash power builder

For me, the Visuals were really cool and i liked unlocking the Viral helmet, but over all this marks the death of Crowd control for me. I've gone from being a great crowd controller, to a useless crowd controller, to a usless and S#!++y Crowd controller. I've got my character built to have great CC strength, all of which is entirely useless with this new setup. With how it is now i'm going to have to set up a pff build with force and a few of the more tolerable Mental abilities.

The fact that they're pushing it to live with out any of the feedback is really kind of insulting as well as in poor taste. Anyone who has put any time, resources, or effort into Crowd Control has officially wasted it all and Cryptic clearly just doesn't care.

TL;DR: YAY for well done first mission and cool visual! BOO for what they did to Crowd Controlling!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After trying the new missions, the reward is definitely way too low, and while the landscape was nice the actual instance was rather boring. With the reward as low as it is, it much like the race and arena events from FM are not worth doing more then once.

Also I was unable to change builds, roles, or costumes at all on the PTR. At first I thought it might be due to the mission 'digitizing' your current look, but after I exited I was still unable to switch.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    After trying the new missions, the reward is definitely way too low, and while the landscape was nice the actual instance was rather boring. With the reward as low as it is, it much like the race and arena events from FM are not worth doing more then once.

Also I was unable to change builds, roles, or costumes at all on the PTR. At first I thought it might be due to the mission 'digitizing' your current look, but after I exited I was still unable to switch.

Yeah, the PTS has odd issues when it comes to builds and costumes. Some slots don't work, other times they don't 'unlock' right, it's weird.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    BUG: I got the same mob trapped in the scenery bug as thebuckeye but twice the mobs got stuck in the door I was trying to open, they could damage me (stopping me opening the door) but I couldn't damage them, even with a pbaoe power. If i didn't have a carefully timed bubble that would have been the end of the mission for me.

POSSIBLE BUG: couldn't find the helm reward in the tailor afterwards so couldn't even say it dropped/unlocked fro me or not.

The spider was only challenging to a lvl40 Freeform if it's squishy and didn't clear up the mobs before it spawned, however to my slightly undergeared (lvl 22ish gear) lvl 28 survivable dps build the difficulty was about right, certain under lvl 40 ATs will likely find this fight a good challenge.
    Setting looked good, voice was good, just enough mobs and space around them when solo that I could choose to fight or not and aggroing two sets was nicely difficult as their PBAoE (which looks great) hits hard.
    The interactions with the champions are well done and all with nice humourous touches.
    Placeholder rewards suck but otherwise a good enjoyable mission.
    edited July 2013
    Ok I tried the mission. Cool design, cool environment. No costume drops for me.
    LOVED the humor in the communication with the three champions.
    2 runs solo:
    -Lvl.40 with AoAC, the new telepathy powers. High control, low dps, medium survivability. Green gear from debugger. Went through all mobs, took quite a while (reaally low dps :)). Got called on the phone at last room, played through with no problems. The boss was melted relatively quickly even with this low dps char.

<Aside on the new powers. The effects look out of place with the current telepathy framework. Master of the mind is horrible as a power, cool as an effect. Tooltips are confusing and filled with errors.>

-Lvl.23 bestial, based around switching builds between melee DPS (WotW) and tank (regen) roles. Samurai set of secondaries and armadillo set of primaries. Tried to fly high to avoid most mobs. It worked mostly. At one point I had half a room coming after me, masterful dodge sufficed. It took much less time with this dps setup. Got called on the phone again :( in the last room. With high dps evereything went down quickly, no need to switch to the regen setup. Boss died in a few hits.

BUGS:
    -Sapphire console.
    The communication ends early right after completing the sequence. The last screen disappears immediately.
    -Ironclad console.
    Ironclad is in its evil self both in the Hologram and in the background of the dialogue.
    -All mobs.
    Power coloring for the Force Eruption is yellow or pale blue... odd given that the viruses are all red.
    -Rewards.
    The resource rewards are irrelevant. Buff them 50-100x.
    -Mission Completion text.
    UI on the right in the mission list and inside the mission tracker.
    After completing the mission you need to turn it in to Socrates, but it is not written anywhere. Exiting the campions building you get a question mark on Socrates, the blue arrow works properly, but no text is displayed instructiong you to go back to Socrates.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bug

Nothing in that new instanced mission respects Telepathic (nor any other form) of Crowd Control. It seems to be intermittent. They'll respect it one sec, then re fire then respect etc.

MoTM - Glad to see the astral form effect advice was taken, but the power is horrendous.

Shadow of Doubt - I can still out DPS this power AND Mental Leech with PSI LASH <--ENERGY BUILDER.

Ironclad's holo interface picture, was of the Multifarian him. <--boo.

I cannot believe Telepathy is being rushed. It is such a shame, I feel cheated. But that is by the by so it seems.

With regard the mission, It looks very very nice. You should consider making a Hideout from this instanced mission and sell it. (Not my idea, another players, which I agree with).

I am pleased to hear it will be permanent.

I really enjoyed the cut scene, at the start, very fresh. (Maybe it's just cause Mentella looks fantastic in it :3)

I'm currently in the mission so more replies later.

EDIT: Lack of Control to mobs was a pain. They felt like really weird interrupts in the mission.

I did enjoy fighting the last boss.

I enjoyed Sapphire's: Sapphire: @Mentella lol yes. but I'm typing the code into a SOC terminal don't worry.

And also just clicking LEAVE as Defender was typing a message xD, he is such a Boy Scout ;).

The cut scenes with SOCRATES:
    + I liked them.
    - Then End Cut Scene should allow you time to pick up anything from the boss (if that is the case) currently it does not.

Mobs:
    + Nice mobs, I liked the Hidden Processes and the debuffing those Error Bits gave you. And how they attracted other nearby hacked Processes to help fight.
    - Sheer lack of respect for Crowd Control Powers. If this is intended then I cannot say I am that surprised. But I hope it isn't.

Overall:
    - I am glad I can solo this mission. I'll need to be doing a lot more solo stuff with Mentella with these new powers, so it was a relief to be able to solo the mission.
    - It was quite lengthy, very unlike what we had before hand with that Lemurian event. So that was fantastic.
    - I enjoyed the cutscenes and the voice overs, Dr. Silverback's VO was quite good as well as SOCRATES.

I look forward to future additions.

TL:DR: Great mission, with minor gripes and a good length of content. Complete and utter disregard for Crowd Control has left a very very sour taste in my mouth. This (not the mission per se but everything in general) may be a "prelude" to Crowd Control being removed from CO.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rewards from the end of mission, Intranet Deployment, do not drop as items, they are merely unlocks.

Thus cannot be traded or sold.

Like the Finkle Foundry items/unlocks, this is bad if intentional, a bug if not
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Costume piece rewards seem to drop frequently. On my first run I got the Socrates Process helmet, and on the second one I got the Virus helmet (which can be seen on the Malicious Process enemy types) Of course, these MIGHT be placeholders and the drop rates are subject to change, but they really should just keep the drop rates as they are now.
    Good voice acting!

what costume rewards all I've gotten are Resources and Q at the end of the runs I've done...meaning the drop rate needs to be raised...
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ran the mission last night solo with a 40 I made on PTS and geared only with stuff from the Debugger. That can likely explain the few minor faceplants when I got overeager.

Overall I really enjoyed the mission, silly me I ran past Ironclad's door on the first trip so I had to backtrack.

Going to restate that Ironclad is using his Multifarian Drogen Lar skin for the hologram which seemed odd.
    Him typing in all caps was funny though.

Sapphire texting was hilarious. Best part was that I misread the last line.
    Where she typed: Defender is nxt.
    I read: Defender is hot.
    Either would make sense for texting. I guess my only critique with hers is that its funny to see your full name when everything else is abbreviated. Would be funny if the vowels could be stripped from player names.

[Defender is typing a message]
    That was hilarious as was his meticulous plan for getting everything exactly right.

I noticed that the virus tendrils at the end were named similar to the way I've seen cataloged viruses. I'll have to take a better note next time I play but I did see the last handful of characters were 'danman' I wonder if that's some sort of clue?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good things first, now that I've got my thoughts collected:

-Cool level design. It's nice to see something new. You guys make a hideout like this, and I'm sold.
    -Enemies, also cool.
    -I solo'd it, but I can see it'd give an AT hell without a team. But that's good for Silver AT players, gives them a chance to see what other AT's and freeforms can do.
    -Costume drops are awesome, looks badass.

Now, down side of this:
    -Boss is a bit of a letdown. Could've been more threatening.
    -Need animations for dead enemies.
    -Ironclad is the Multifarian variant.
    -Reward is either a costume drop, or a pittance. Just putting this out there- if I go through something THAT long, and I get the costumes? I've got zero reason to repeat it ever again if the cash is low. It should be considerably higher than Grab Alerts, or this thing will be forgotten in a month.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about Telepathy guys. I was really hoping for some grand changes. Hope you don't feel too much like the become devices in terms of usefulness. That's what it feels like. Is GC also in charge of deciding what the become powers are too?

Suggestions for Fatal Error:

Add new descriptions to the mobs and npcs in the dataspace.

Replace Ironclad with Kinetic.

Don't make the entrance to the mission the same as the entrance to the Champions Building. Make it a door somewhere inside of the HQ to make it feel like more of a complex.

Fill up the long hallways between points with more stuff. The time it takes to get from point to point is laughable at how little there is going on between points.

Let us talk to the Socrates console at the end of the mission and accept the daily reward there.

Increase Resource reward 100 fold or add some chance to get other rewards (not Until Box). Otherwise it won't be worth doing after the costume piece. This content will be forgotten in days, not a month.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about Telepathy guys. I was really hoping for some grand changes. Hope you don't feel too much like the become devices in terms of usefulness. That's what it feels like. Is GC also in charge of deciding what the become powers are too?

Good analogy. I was going to say I felt like a level 10 PSI INITIATE. But they have cool head aura's so...I can't really feel like them cause I lack the head aura.

[Become Telepath] - Do you want to be utterly useless? Then try this new device!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed that the virus tendrils at the end were named similar to the way I've seen cataloged viruses. I'll have to take a better note next time I play but I did see the last handful of characters were 'danman' I wonder if that's some sort of clue?

When you visit SOCRATES to start the mission, the binary glitches in the mission text translate to "DanMan", too. I don't know if that's the same for the cutscene subtitles or if they snuck some other messages in there, too.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    **Posted mine in the wrong thread**

My Review

The Bad:
    *My mission never updated itself, so it always said meet with Dr. Silverback.

*Bad guys' death animation is blah, wish the digitized or something.

*seemed a little easy, but that could have been my character.

The Good:
    *Holy crap, the environment is AMAZING! I event want it more as a Hideout than when I originally stated such.

*Dr.Silverback and Socrates had great voices.

*Was able to move through it even though my mission text never updated it.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the mission, wish there was more, but when combined witht he other stuff I am sure it will be fine. Fun for what it was.

Good work.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This seems all good thank you :)
    I'm so happy :D