monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
Me like TakoBox the best.
Wuts your most favorite LockBox?
cats-in-a-box_c_1647075.jpg
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering that lockboxes don't seem to be something well-accepted around here in general, what are you trying to achieve by asking this?
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's tall and green and regenerates health unless attacked by the fires?

Who cares? My favorite lockbox was the Freeform lockbox because it's the only one I ever got the prize from.
    biffsig.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Like actual taco boxes, Tako Boxes usually has something good in it... except the occasional bout of diarrhea being visualized by the low-rank mods you get a buttload of.

The worst, on the other hand, were the vehicle lockboxes, represented by those gross-looking Star Wars burgers that Burger King tried to sell at one point.
    edited July 2013

Fire and acid. Don't forget the acid.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Who cares? My favorite lockbox was the Freeform lockbox because it's the only one I ever got the prize from.

Drifter's Grab Bags were also good, even we can't get the best prize, Salvage was at least free.
    Free things are good but we have to drop some real money to stay this game alive. xD
    Batman-Ironman-Money-Best-Superpower-Ever-Meme_thumb.jpg
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Like actual taco boxes, Tako Boxes usually has something good in it... except the occasional bout of diarrhea being visualized by the low-rank mods you get a buttload of.

The worst, on the other hand, were the vehicle lockboxes, represented by those gross-looking Star Wars burgers that Burger King tried to sell at one point.
    lol Not so bad about Railgun mk2 and Indensity Round mk2 I like them. :3
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Considering that lockboxes don't seem to be something well-accepted around here in general, what are you trying to achieve by asking this?
    Lets blow new wind from here, we can farm Questionite and transfer to Zen too. :3
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's ****in hard to argue that Drifter Salvage is free when it actually costs money.
    biffsig.jpg
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Freeform even though its called a grab bag
    I liked the reward and it was one of those that i didn't need to buy a god damn key to open

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    Nice topic. You're either trolling or stupid.
    edited July 2013
    3q3rgr.jpg
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    spongebob_zps20fdb176.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I liek LockBoxes.
    hatsune_squidward_desu_by_bottledwottle-d639a0o.png
    But I luv it if we had MOE LockBoxes. :3
    tumblr_mg4hfqWgNB1rk1u5ho1_500.gif
    edited July 2013
    Truth be told, I was not expecting that^

notready_zps78e64025.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Service grab bag
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Free things are good but we have to drop some real money to stay this game alive. xD

It's a game, not a charity case. I want to see my money go to actual THINGS, not more lockboxes.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Drifter's Grab Bags were also good, even we can't get the best prize, Salvage was at least free.
    It's ****in hard to argue that Drifter Salvage is free when it actually costs money.

The Drifter Salvage WAS free in the Drifter Bags. At least, for the one bag per day you could get via the daily mission.

To answer the OP: Anything that doesn't have vehicle mods in it. I will never open another Tank or Bike lockbox, ever. The Tako, Malvanum and Socrates boxes at least give me something I can use (other than just Drifter Salvage) every time I open one, even if the mods aren't super useful.
    The best lockbox is the one that does not exist hehe :D
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Weren't those grab bags?

Whatever, those ones get my vote too, they had the best prize....some might say the only prize ever worth getting.

Think of it this way.

You hate having screws driven into your legs. Which brand of screws is the least painful?

or

Of all the foods that you think are disgusting, which is the least disgusting? You're having that for dinner.

It's that sort of a question.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited July 2013
    1337862674063.gif
    But haters still open LockBoxes, right? :3
    BTW, "Tako" means Octopus in Japan. xD
    nyarl.jpg
        ↑ And she is Cthulhu in Japan.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fearing that my post will get suddenly deleted, I shall state that my most favored lock box is that of the Hover Bike variety, as it helps support the game's fledgling and highly lucrative market in vehicular addons to the garishly created characters featured by the pernicious and stringent customers and players of this game.

However, at the interest of at least appearing somewhat honest, I would also like to add that lockboxes in the whole should fornicate in a off-ward direction, as it will likely prove a larger benefit to this game than the lackadaisical intention that the developers at Cryptic North have inundated into this game so far.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I liked the Infernal bag as it was their first failed attempt at adding aura costume pieces to the tailor. And a majority of the player base still doesn't have the aura eyes.

But my favorite was the Takofanes box because it had lots of good stuff in it and nothing to do with vehicles. I got everything a few times with only 100 keys.

Though the Forum box would have trumped it if its chances of getting good items didn't suck and everything in it wasn't broken.

But my favorite bag/box is definitely the service one. They dropped those because players were profiting too much from getting character slots too easily or something, right?

I'd like those old bags (except service) to make a permanent comeback for 10G a piece from Roxstar. It will be a great start to kill off some of the over abundant resources in the game.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Service grabbag. It was the only one that it didn't matter what you got because everything was good. The vehicle lock boxes are abhorrently stupid.

"Oh, you didn't get the vehicle but here's some vehicle mods!" Who thought giving us things for something we didn't even have yet was a good idea? If you had it already then it was great but if you didn't.. well... just kind of cruel. ._. "Look at all these mods you COULD use if you win!" I'm okay with the idea of the lockbox if everything in it is fantastic and that's not the only way you can get new shinies. CO is doing none of those things.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited July 2013

you know, i remember an old episode of family fued where the category was "things that describe a troll" Apparently some of th questioners were thinking of wish trolls because things like long hair and short were acceptable answers, whereas i was pretty much reciting the monster manual description of one.
    Apparently i got sort of heated because my non-nerd friends got a good laugh about my yelling at the screen.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The one where a rabbit jumps out of it, slaps my face with a cod and kicks me into the bawls.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The one where a rabbit jumps out of it, slaps my face with a cod and kicks me into the bawls.

I would never have guessed you were into that sort of thing:eek::redface::cool:

I like Nightmare lockboxes.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would never have guessed you were into that sort of thing:eek::redface::cool:

I like Nightmare lockboxes.

Imsofreshyoucansuckmynuts has received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare.

Ah yes, the refreshing experience of NWO.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Freeform Bag was the best one by far.
    Infernal Bag is a close second, because it had really neat costume pieces that weren't horribly broken AND you could win an awesome AT from it too.

That's all. The actual Lockboxes are the worst. All of them. No exceptions.
    edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Imsofreshyoucansuckmynuts has received a Heavy Inferno Nightmare.

Ah yes, the refreshing experience of NWO.

Heh.

In all seriousness, it has a pretty good list of prizes.

I want a winged version of the flaming pony for CO! Enough of the tech vehicles already:tongue: As well as better prizes for lock boxes since they are here to stay:frown:
  • lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heh.

In all seriousness, it has a pretty good list of prizes.

I want a winged version of the flaming pony for CO! Enough of the tech vehicles already:tongue: As well as better prizes for lock boxes since they are here to stay:frown:

Careful what you wish for. We asked for vehicles as travel powers, we got modified Become devices. You ask for horses, we might get playable centaurs. Fantastic!
    edited July 2013
    Rideable centaurs could be very cool:cool:
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All lock boxes need this tune when opened.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I'd be careful what you wish for. As cool as playable centaurs would be (riding one is a little too "squicky" for me), for example, I'm sure there's some drawback that would bite us in the backside.

I once made a very compelling case for being able to use Winged Folk from an old Dragon Magazine as a player character race in a 2nd Edition campaign. Right in the description was a note about debilitating claustrophobia. No points for guessing what sort of environments we found ourselves for the next few sessions. :smile:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only gamble box that was decent were the mountain grab bags, and only because you could earn them in game and you were guaranteed to get one of the costume pieces, but since then and aside from opening a few grav bike gamble boxes, I've ignored pretty much all the others.
    edited July 2013
    No one enforce us to buy Cosmic Key, so, we have a selection not to buy.

I rather wants to talk about what kind of Become Device and Vehicle we can get and how good they are, Gear and Mods Drop rate, something such like those.

We don't know which LockBox has better drop rate for Legions and most of us doesn't even know how good each Becomes and Vehicles are.

I luv TakoBox cause Become Doomlord has click Rez and works marvelous in situation like Gravitar, Therakiel. :3
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No one enforce us to buy Cosmic Key, so, we have a selection not to buy.

That isn't what they are counting on with the keys, they are praying on players with weak impulse control, and the last FM events race was a rather blatant attempt to pressure people into buying them too.

Since only those with a flight tp or a vehicle could actually participate. Which meant others had to ether retcon, which can get costly, buy a retcon token, or buy a vehicle.
    edited July 2013
    And also, we have 3 way to get Cosmic Key.

First, pay money and earn Zen.
    Second, grind Questionite and transfer to Zen.
    3rd, buy Cosmic Key from someone selling them 100-200G price.

Even we don't pay, its not so incredible to farm 1 key each day or 2 if we have one lvl40 toon right?
    I think its not so bad as the daily fortune cookie. If you hit the prize, you can be happy all day.

I personally think its not so ridiculous price even the awful drop rate cause we have "Salvage".

But I want more new selection in Drifter store, like Legacy Weapon Skin Kit.
    I need harquebus !! :3
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We're definitely not forced to get cosmic keys. You'll just miss out on all the "new content" that comes with it. The only new content available in the game since Whiteout.
    edited July 2013
    We're definitely not forced to get cosmic keys. You'll just miss out on all the "new content" that comes with it. The only new content available in the game since Whiteout.

Probably we don't have enough Devs to make new content for now. Even bug fix takes time and I think Trainturtle is doing very good job with very few hands.
    Let's enjoy what we have now and wait. I believe we can get some new things after NWO and STO got steady contents.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »

I opened that "link" thinking it had better be Zelda...:biggrin:
    edited July 2013
    Probably we don't have enough Devs to make new content for now. Even bug fix takes time and I think Trainturtle is doing very good job with very few hands.
    Let's enjoy what we have now and wait. I believe we can get some new things after NWO and STO got steady contents.

Trailturtle isn't a dev. He's a community manager.

STO already has gotten "steady" contents. It has certainly been getting more than us. I won't touch on NWO since it's new. However neither are any assurance that they'll be helping us get content.

We can be sure about two things though: We will get more lockbox-exclusive stuff and we will only be getting content in terms of temporary events. I hardly call events like Blood Moon being only available once per year at certain times being "steady" content.

If the upcoming stuff isn't a temporary event then I'll relent a little on my views.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »

I think you meant this tune.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited July 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Trailturtle isn't a dev. He's a community manager.

Ouch, I thought those are same. xD
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    All those tunes are fine and dandy, but most people will only hear this.
    edited July 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »

Rofl:tongue:

How about this when we win our gamble? :3
    Or this when we fail.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Naw, more like this theme....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE

Ahh, who am I kidding; that's for when we get actual content.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Most times I open a lockbox, I hear this.
    edited July 2013
    Naw, more like this theme....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EfhAFA2yFE

Ahh, who am I kidding; that's for when we get actual content.

So many LockBoxes you have to open while this theme go on ! xD
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »

Or perhaps this?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.