test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Cryptic Enforce ToU 10(j) in PvP?

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Hero Games
There are power builds that are strong, but at least they follow the rules of game mechanics. All is fair in respect to that.

But more recently, a lot of us have witnessed a clear exploit of the boomerang cone power, eliminating its activation time and energy cost, and creating a barrage of nigh-unbeatable damage that is inconsistent with the power's description and normal operation.

I know there is a patch coming soon that will prevent this exploit from occurring again, but this is not enough. There have been exploiters who have gotten away scot-free with exploitation in past circumstances. People have caused permanent damage to the population with their actions.

It's time to meet the expectations that you want to set to your customers. I want to see action taken at last against repeat offenders who have made the PvP community such a toxic environment. Mind you, this is not about powers that are working in a manner consistent with their description. This is about exploitation that results in the power's damage being delivered at an impossibly fast rate.

This will surely invite accusation of naivete from longtime PvP forum goers, but it's time to take the steps that we've been expecting of you to stamp out and deter toxicity, and protect the game experience.
Brou in Cryptic games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are power builds that are strong, but at least they follow the rules of game mechanics. All is fair in respect to that.

But more recently, a lot of us have witnessed a clear exploit of the boomerang cone power, eliminating its activation time and energy cost, and creating a barrage of nigh-unbeatable damage that is inconsistent with the power's description and normal operation.

I know there is a patch coming soon that will prevent this exploit from occurring again, but this is not enough. There have been exploiters who have gotten away scot-free with exploitation in past circumstances. People have caused permanent damage to the population with their actions.

It's time to meet the expectations that you want to set to your customers. I want to see action taken at last against repeat offenders who have made the PvP community such a toxic environment. Mind you, this is not about powers that are working in a manner consistent with their description. This is about exploitation that results in the power's damage being delivered at an impossibly fast rate.

This will surely invite accusation of naivete from longtime PvP forum goers, but it's time to take the steps that we've been expecting of you to stamp out and deter toxicity, and protect the game experience.

I could point the finger at the people who bought it into pvp in the first place but there would be no point. It would be stupid to start giving out bans for such a thing. It isn't even an exploit hardly, the one that is bad is when they use a script with it, but using block while spamming a skill isn't exactly against the rules of the game.

Yes it is a poison, many players know of it and thankfully don't use it but still there are few who choose to try 'trolling' with it. They aren't real trolls, lucidity was strongly against exploits.

By the way the cost of the skill isn't removed, the only thing changed is the fact it is interrupted before finishing the activate time but the skill has been coded in such a way that the damage still goes off.

Oh and just saying, there are more exploits than throwing blades going on in PvP just they are harder to see.

The fact that you are only just creating this thread now about a month old problem which is finally going to be fixed seems fairly odd to me, sorry. :)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Post more exploits.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Post more exploits.
    Ascension R3 -> any Instant Offense. :3
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Ascension R3 -> any Instant Offense. :3

lol ego surge - ice sheath is better and you know it. ;) lol green saber using that exploit then having a go at green machine for using devices.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This will surely invite accusation of naivete from longtime PvP forum goers

3v3gvc.jpg
  • Options
    kaneofchaoskaneofchaos Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A ban on repeat offenders is ok in my book. If they can ban you for talking to much in chat then this should be a no brainer.

That is assuming anyone actually cares about PvP in the slightest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    isometry wrote: »
    *snip*

Come on. You're better than this.

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    implin wrote: »
    lol ego surge - ice sheath is better and you know it. ;) lol green saber using that exploit then having a go at green machine for using devices.
    I only know Ascension cuz Magical Girls are always with light wing !! xD
    tumblr_mf7huox2cf1qd14cvo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Come on. You're better than this.

I'm sorry, I was just being silly. I've been watching this game decompose for so long that I can't take anything here seriously anymore. No amount of shortcomings, or depths of failure, can surprise me. My expectations are at absolute zero.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a good response to this is:

Why would they start now?

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe there's an avid PVPer at Cryptic North! :biggrin: