test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Foundry

thewerebeastthewerebeast Posts: 7 Arc User
I miss the foundry... And I know probably about 10,000,000,000 people have posted this already but why not put The Foundry into Champions? It was in CoH, its in Neverwinter, its in Star Trek Online, Why not Champions??? C'mon you have to admit it would be awesome to take Foxbat and your friends nemesis, team them up and make goons to fight in a wear house... Or heck, take a copy of your friend and make him or her fight them self. Just something like that or like the foundry in the other games. I already have an idea on where it could be. Maybe the UNTIL Building, or Champions HQ or maybe in the middle of RenCen. It would be awesome. And for all I know they could be working on it right now o_o
So yea, thats what I wanted to waste a few minutes of your life on :biggrin:
Post edited by thewerebeast on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Devs said that the Foundry can't be implemented with the current code that CO uses. The entire game would need an overhaul/update.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Devs said that the Foundry can't be implemented with the current code that CO uses. The entire game would need an overhaul/update.

But by that logic, none of the three games should be able to support the Foundry, as it's the same basic code. Chat is shared. Graphics are shared. The UI is shared. Soundtracks are shared.

I call malarkey.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    But by that logic, none of the three games should be able to support the Foundry, as it's the same basic code. Chat is shared. Graphics are shared. The UI is shared. Soundtracks are shared.

I call malarkey.

Not all updates are shared, though. It's more like they started off with the same build and each team added stuff separately.
    biffsig.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

I call malarkey.

Each game is running a different major version of Cryptic Engine. Our version is so old, it predates Foundry. STO's version of the engine was built with Foundry support in mind, even if the Foundry itself didn't ship right away. We're missing Foundry for the same reason Microsoft Office 97 doesn't have built-in Skydrive support.

I made a longer ramble on this subject a few months ago. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be any closer to answers, except for this mysterious "Cryptic North" entity.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even building Foundry from scratch is worth it for the game as a whole. Champions isn't worth Cryptic's time to even get a hacked up version of an already existing Foundry. There was a time that Cryptic could have made one for CO but they blew all the CO money on non-CO things.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They have said no for years. Nothing has changed. For all we know Cryptic North is 2 people maybe planning on hiring 8 more. Not exclusively on Champions at any rate.

Seriously, the Foundry would be a huge undertaking and we just aren't high enough on the priority list to warrant that kind of attention.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why not put The Foundry into Champions?

Because that would require actual effort on the developer's part.