test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wheres the Fridgepocalypse?

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
Just a quick frosty question. Wheres the Freon 2 alert?

fridge_monster.jpg

All the runners up have their alerts and not the one that won?...tis be an odd thing indeed.
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seen enough tentacle illustrations to know where this is going.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Calamari!!!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    lawblacklawblack Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I read something about it some time ago, isn't it cancelled?

I find silly to have another Freon character in the game anyway. Also silly to choose such a already named character as winner.

On my humble opinion.
    I play with freeforms AND archetypes.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    Probably because devs were moved to NW or STO.

Not like this alert will be missed.

*shrug*
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea, I think the general out pouring of hatred over how the event was handled. Combined with how badly it played out on test. And the fact that we no longer have anyone who was connected with it still working on the CO team. Pretty much equals project killed.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The guy that won the contest actually came back and apologized, saying that his entry was a joke entry/placeholder because he was having computer troubles and didn't have time to put anything together and he never expected it to win.

Basically, Cryptic handled the contest like they handled most things: poorly. The winner was something easy/something they wanted to do rather than something they actually put any careful thought into based on costume or background. Hell, the entry didn't even follow the simple rules laid out by the contest.

At the same time, it is too bad the 'winner' isn't going to get his reward. I don't know if he even plays anymore but it's still not really fair.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The guy that won the contest actually came back and apologized, saying that his entry was a joke entry/placeholder because he was having computer troubles and didn't have time to put anything together and he never expected it to win.

Basically, Cryptic handled the contest like they handled most things: poorly. The winner was something easy/something they wanted to do rather than something they actually put any careful thought into based on costume or background. Hell, the entry didn't even follow the simple rules laid out by the contest.

At the same time, it is too bad the 'winner' isn't going to get his reward. I don't know if he even plays anymore but it's still not really fair.

Exactly. :/
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Kill me now.. but I had this sudden horrible thought.

What if there was a Fridge costume set and it was female only?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    ... And the fact that we no longer have anyone who was connected with it still working on the CO team. Pretty much equals project killed.

Not sure where you got that idea. Gentleman Crush was working on it before and is working on CO still. Though I think his work on the Telepathy stuff has higher priority at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Wow, long time to stay bitter.

Let it go, man.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »

Let it go, man.

Someone's upset that Cryptic still hasn't completely lived up to their end of the bargain with that contest? *gasp* Well we sure can't have that now can we? I'd better say something to quell their bitterness. Surely that will help make things better, right?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Let it go, man.

Had the person who dropped the submission been a bit different, he might be angered- and have a right to be.

It's not spat between pals here. It reflects very poorly on a game developer when they come to the community for ideas for something like this, then drop the ball on it completely as they've done here. Others put effort into this, with no reward expected, for the sake of making CO a little bit more awesome and community-driven... and they pretty much just said 'to hell with it'.

This looks especially poor considering the silence from the team and broken costume sets. It reeks of 'Don't care, lockboxes!'.
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Let it go, man.

Nice bait.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oyo32 wrote: »
    Nice bait.

I've seen better.

• Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On the event calendar sheet it says that the very first appearance of Fire and Ice and then the days after it will be:

RAMPAGE: FIRE AND ICE
    June 14, 3:00AM - June 15, 3:00am
    Starts in 709 days 1 hour and 24 minutes.

"Stop The Rampage in Millennium City!"
    [smallwhitebox]
    "Millennium City has been attacked by the Supervillians [Insert names]! Emergency containment has been deployed, but it won't hold them for long!"

g4g9.png
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah! June 15th 2015!

Can't wait. :rolleyes:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah! June 15th 2015!

Can't wait. :rolleyes:

It isn't in June it is December. It just says June..for some reason...even the numbers add up to June but trust me; the very first occurrence of "Fire and Ice" Happens in December on the 28th as told by the calendar but when you click it is reads out as June 14, 2015...for..some..strange reason..
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm,

first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture in the OP was the Champions adventure presented in an Adventurer's Club magazine years ago where a spirit of some sort possessed a jello mold in the refrigerator in a magical mansion.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    >June 15th 2015

3d1.jpeg

I won't be even around that time.
    But who wants to fight some Simply-Looking Generic Ice & Fire Elementals Villains anyway?

I would prefer a NEMESIS RAMPAGE instead, the joke characters there would be more Serious
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2013
    Can't say I'm a great fan of winning villains, but they should be included anyway.

For good or bad, contest was held and won. Even if blame is on the judge, the winner should be hiven his prize.

It's only fair.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    This is something that LordGar does take seriously. We don't have a timeline, we do have other obligations we need to handle first, but LordGar does feel a strong obligation to make this rampage.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is something that LordGar does take seriously. We don't have a timeline, we do have other obligations we need to handle first, but LordGar does feel a strong obligation to make this rampage.

This is good to hear, TT. It's good to know that while we don't have a definite, at least we know someone's working on it.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No new costume until obligation accomplished.
    :cool:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Hmm,

first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture in the OP was the Champions adventure presented in an Adventurer's Club magazine years ago where a spirit of some sort possessed a jello mold in the refrigerator in a magical mansion.

Oh god! I remember that one

Out GM sprung that on us one night as a 'filler' episode

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Good to know and looks like it's scheduled for 2015, sweet!

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    on a slightly related note, it could have something to do with that Fire/Ice Combo power that's on the pts....but that's just me making a guess based on observations, and well often times those observations are just misdirections so nevermind, nothing to see here...:cool: